It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 06:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
User avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 161

Kudos [?]: 68 [2], given: 1

Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 09:34
2
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Just want to make sure that people who didn't get an invite today don't lose hope. Every single year I have clients who hear during the second notification period. (And for Stanford I've had people get an invite on the ultimate last day of their range.)

So seriously, it can still happen. But I totally get how much it sucks to have NOT heard today. It's extra stress in an already excruciatingly stressful process. I'm just glad that HBS (and other schools) now let people know much, much sooner than they used to back in the day. Because The Wait used to be months longer before you finally knew their ultimate decision.

Best of luck to all!
_________________

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com

Kudos [?]: 68 [2], given: 1

3 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Jul 2013
Posts: 304

Kudos [?]: 83 [3], given: 71

Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 09:51
3
This post received
KUDOS
SBCErikaOlson wrote:
Just want to make sure that people who didn't get an invite today don't lose hope. Every single year I have clients who hear during the second notification period. (And for Stanford I've had people get an invite on the ultimate last day of their range.)

So seriously, it can still happen. But I totally get how much it sucks to have NOT heard today. It's extra stress in an already excruciatingly stressful process. I'm just glad that HBS (and other schools) now let people know much, much sooner than they used to back in the day. Because The Wait used to be months longer before you finally knew their ultimate decision.

Best of luck to all!


Image

Well, today would have been the day if you were playing the odds. Thursday is only 200 invites.

Kudos [?]: 83 [3], given: 71

3 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 Jun 2014
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 3 [3], given: 0

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.1
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 09:55
3
This post received
KUDOS
FYI here is the text of interview invite. Someone requested it in the chat.

Came at about 12:10 today.

Dear _______:

Warm greetings from Harvard Business School!

After careful consideration of your application materials, we would like to get to know you better. This is our invitation to interview.

Take a moment and exhale. Then keep reading.

Now, on to the details. Here's what you need to know.

How do I sign up for an interview?


Our online scheduling system will go live on Wednesday, October 7 at 12:00 noon (ET). You will be able to register for a specific interview slot at that time (no earlier!).

Signing up for an interview slot is easy. All you need to do is log in to your HBS application any time after 12:00 noon (ET) on October 7. You'll see that your status has been updated; click "View Update" to reach the schedule. Note that you won't receive any further emails from us prompting you to register - just log in!

Please note that all of our interview slots fill on a first-come, first-served basis, so we encourage you to be prompt in selecting your slot.

When and where do interviews take place?

We conduct interviews on campus and all over the world. We even do some via Skype. It doesn't matter where or how you choose to interview with us - all interviews are conducted by a member of the MBA Admissions Board. To see the dates and locations for our interviews, visit our Interview Information page.

In addition to the interviews, we have many events planned both on and off campus specifically for interviewees. These are also noted on our Interview Information pages. Sign up for as many of the events as you wish!


Thank you for your interest in Harvard Business School, and we look forward to meeting you.


Sincerely yours,

MBA Admissions
Harvard Business School
Soldiers Field Road
Dillon House
Boston, MA 02163

Kudos [?]: 3 [3], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Dec 2014
Posts: 12

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 09:57
Any idea on how they decide who to let know in the earlier rounds? I've heard that more traditional candidates like consultants and bankers generally find out later, but have only heard that anecdotally. I'm probably just trying to provide myself with more hope at this point.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

2 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Mar 2014
Posts: 15

Kudos [?]: 18 [2], given: 0

Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 10:11
2
This post received
KUDOS
TheLostOne wrote:
SBCErikaOlson wrote:
Just want to make sure that people who didn't get an invite today don't lose hope. Every single year I have clients who hear during the second notification period. (And for Stanford I've had people get an invite on the ultimate last day of their range.)

So seriously, it can still happen. But I totally get how much it sucks to have NOT heard today. It's extra stress in an already excruciatingly stressful process. I'm just glad that HBS (and other schools) now let people know much, much sooner than they used to back in the day. Because The Wait used to be months longer before you finally knew their ultimate decision.

Best of luck to all!


Image

Well, today would have been the day if you were playing the odds. Thursday is only 200 invites.


From the admissions website:
"At 12:00 noon ET, we will send interview invitations via email to roughly 600 Round 1 applicants. The email will contain detailed instructions on the scheduling process. On October 8 and 14, we will extend about 350 additional invitations (total).

Please don't speculate about the day you receive the interview invitation - it's not about you. It's about us and how we set internal deadlines for applications to be read."

Kudos [?]: 18 [2], given: 0

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 08 Feb 2012
Posts: 41

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 14

Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V41
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 10:18
thinkingaboutbschool wrote:
Any idea on how they decide who to let know in the earlier rounds?

I'm sure it is random! I'm as traditional as it gets (white, 25, non MBB consulting), and I got the news.

Don't count yourself out! Assuming there are 75 2+2 interview slots, 31% of the non 2+2 invites have not been distributed.

Last edited by landerpr on 22 Oct 2015, 06:57, edited 3 times in total.

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 14

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2014
Posts: 201

Kudos [?]: 77 [1], given: 48

Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.18
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Reviews Badge
Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 10:34
1
This post received
KUDOS
landerpr wrote:
thinkingaboutbschool wrote:
Any idea on how they decide who to let know in the earlier rounds? I've heard that more traditional candidates like consultants and bankers generally find out later, but have only heard that anecdotally. I'm probably just trying to provide myself with more hope at this point.


I'm sure it is random! I'm as traditional as it gets (white, 25, non MBB consulting), and I got the news.

Don't count yourself out! Assuming there are 75 2+2 interview slots, 31% of the non 2+2 invites have not been distributed.


Hispanic, from a poor background, high gmat, lowish gpa, financial advisor, first-generation immigrant, first generation to go to college, decent extracurriculars, thought I had a killer essay/speech and nothing. Fearing it will likely be a ding.
_________________

"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his GMAT level?!" -Nappa


Last edited by SilverBull on 06 Oct 2015, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 77 [1], given: 48

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Feb 2015
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 10 [2], given: 4

Location: United States (MD)
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 10:40
2
This post received
KUDOS
SilverBull wrote:
landerpr wrote:
thinkingaboutbschool wrote:
Any idea on how they decide who to let know in the earlier rounds? I've heard that more traditional candidates like consultants and bankers generally find out later, but have only heard that anecdotally. I'm probably just trying to provide myself with more hope at this point.


I'm sure it is random! I'm as traditional as it gets (white, 25, non MBB consulting), and I got the news.

Don't count yourself out! Assuming there are 75 2+2 interview slots, 31% of the non 2+2 invites have not been distributed.


Hispanic, from a poor background, high gmat, lowish gpa, financial advisor, first-generation immigrant, first generation to go to college and nothing. Fearing it will likely be a ding.



Me and you both! I know I'm a stretch candidate so I won't really be offended if im in the 90% of applicants who are shown the door. But hey, you miss all the shots you don't take! I'm Hispanic, poor background, above average gmat (680), lowish GPA (Naval Academy), Military officer. No interview invite thus far.

Good Luck to everyone still waiting another few days for R1!

Kudos [?]: 10 [2], given: 4

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Mar 2014
Posts: 15

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 10:42
I'm actually confused by the numbers here - each year they admit 12% of roughly 9500 applicants, so 1140 admitted. If 60% of those interviewed get in, that indicates 1900 interviews, versus the 950 invitations being extended this year?

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Jul 2013
Posts: 304

Kudos [?]: 83 [0], given: 71

Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 10:43
KCheetah wrote:
I'm actually confused by the numbers here - each year they admit 12% of roughly 9500 applicants, so 1140 admitted. If 60% of those interviewed get in, that indicates 1900 interviews, versus the 950 invitations being extended this year?

There are multiple rounds.

Kudos [?]: 83 [0], given: 71

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Posts: 183

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 8

Location: United States
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 10:44
KCheetah wrote:
I'm actually confused by the numbers here - each year they admit 12% of roughly 9500 applicants, so 1140 admitted. If 60% of those interviewed get in, that indicates 1900 interviews, versus the 950 invitations being extended this year?


950 is for R1 only

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 8

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Mar 2014
Posts: 15

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 10:54
hellovivian wrote:
KCheetah wrote:
I'm actually confused by the numbers here - each year they admit 12% of roughly 9500 applicants, so 1140 admitted. If 60% of those interviewed get in, that indicates 1900 interviews, versus the 950 invitations being extended this year?


950 is for R1 only



Oops guess I was still in the CBS mode lol...

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2013
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 11:06
thinkingaboutbschool wrote:
Any idea on how they decide who to let know in the earlier rounds? I've heard that more traditional candidates like consultants and bankers generally find out later, but have only heard that anecdotally. I'm probably just trying to provide myself with more hope at this point.


For what it's worth, I'm a consultant at an MBB and no one in my office got an invite today.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 13 May 2015
Posts: 64

Kudos [?]: 25 [1], given: 11

Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 11:10
1
This post received
KUDOS
Jake17 wrote:
Me and you both! I know I'm a stretch candidate so I won't really be offended if im in the 90% of applicants who are shown the door. But hey, you miss all the shots you don't take! I'm Hispanic, poor background, above average gmat (680), lowish GPA (Naval Academy), Military officer. No interview invite thus far.

Good Luck to everyone still waiting another few days for R1!


I am a military officer as well and didn't get an invite today. Perhaps we will have more luck on thursday!

Kudos [?]: 25 [1], given: 11

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Jul 2013
Posts: 304

Kudos [?]: 83 [0], given: 71

Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 11:14
So if we don't hear on the 8th, our shots are really small, no? The 14th is pretty much 2+2 day, yeah?

Kudos [?]: 83 [0], given: 71

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Dec 2014
Posts: 12

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 11:20
RainMKR89 wrote:
thinkingaboutbschool wrote:
Any idea on how they decide who to let know in the earlier rounds? I've heard that more traditional candidates like consultants and bankers generally find out later, but have only heard that anecdotally. I'm probably just trying to provide myself with more hope at this point.


For what it's worth, I'm a consultant at an MBB and no one in my office got an invite today.



It probably shouldn't, but this provides me with a little more hope as I'm from about as a traditional background minus the consultant route.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Apr 2015
Posts: 66

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 20

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.79
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 11:23
First post!

I didn't get an invite either but honestly looking at the people here with amazing stats who also didn't an invite really makes me feel better :oops: :oops:

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 20

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 11 Sep 2014
Posts: 42

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE: Brand Management (Advertising and PR)
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 11:30
Noidea1234 wrote:
First post!

I didn't get an invite either but honestly looking at the people here with amazing stats who also didn't an invite really makes me feel better :oops: :oops:



I know! Great people. Wish everyone luck for the 8th and 14th!
_________________

- "Sometimes the truth usn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded." Batman

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 May 2015
Posts: 17

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.81
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 11:38
Did anyone from LatAm hear anything?

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2014
Posts: 201

Kudos [?]: 77 [0], given: 48

Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.18
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Reviews Badge
Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 11:41
I'm frankly shocked that for a statistically strong group there aren't more people posting that they got an invite. I have seen maybe two or three so far on both the forums and the chat. I would have expected more given that generally speaking a candidate as about a 20% chance of getting an invite (supposedly if you have any strengths in your application your chances are obviously higher).
_________________

"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his GMAT level?!" -Nappa

Kudos [?]: 77 [0], given: 48

Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 06 Oct 2015, 11:41

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  43    Next  [ 854 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: ydmuley



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.