GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Sep 2019, 23:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (April 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (April 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2015, 10:00
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: Join us in Madrid for an Open Day on Friday, January 23rd!
IE Business School is opening its doors to all candidates interested in the International MBA program.

The event will take place on Friday, January 23rd in Madrid (c/ María de Molina 31) and will include a master class, a campus tour and a networking cocktail lunch with current International MBA students and IE Business school staff. During the Open Day you will also learn more about IE and the International MBA program, find out about financing and placement opportunities.

Please click here to register for the event and don’t hesitate to contact us at imba.admissions@ie.edu with any questions.

See you there!

Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @ieBusiness #ieIMBA

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE: Sales (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (April 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2015, 12:43
are there only 2 people from the april 2015 intake here
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2015, 06:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: IE Capital Markets Club 2014-15
By the IE Capital Markets Club 2014-15

We at the IE Capital Markets Club were proud to be present at the IE Club Fair. We met many interesting people and discussed so many new topics to focus on in this new term. So much so that we are even working on an extension to the current topics we work with.

Centering Bloomberg we are focusing on including Investment Tools training. In collaboration with HEC and other European business schools we are working to for a cross business school club that contributes and shares financial information. These programs are still in the working stage and should be up and running in the beginning of 2015.

Also, to be more oriented to the job market we plan to organise member teach-in sessions especially directed for those interested in pursuing CFA, CAIA, or FRM. We also plan on facilitating Economy Discussion & Analysis taking advantage of the free access to both WSJ and FT thanks to IE. This encourages us to read articles every day and grasp the constant changes in the state of international economy. It can be further combined with case studies and presentations focused on top-down analysis, etc.

This is just the start of what looks like a great year ahead of studying, analysing and discussing relevant global issues in the world of capital markets. We are looking forward to high participation from the IE student base. We hope that our efforts dedicated to making this possible would be a good contribution to the IE student life!

- See more at: http://campuslife.blogs.ie.edu/

Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @ieBusiness #ieIMBA #goBeyond #LifeatIE

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2015, 03:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: Never Empty: a start-up born in the IE classrooms
By Never Empty

Never Empty is a start-up born in the IE classrooms that has taken upon itself to change the face of ticketing. It is developed by People Sports Ticket S.L., a technology and marketing company, recently established in the Spanish sporting landscape. It was developed BY sports fans, FOR sports fans. We want stadiums to ALWAYS be full. It is the first platform which enables an exact match between the pricing of an event ticket, and the value of the ticket to the customer.

Never Empty allows you – the sport fan, a chance to name your price for the event which you would like to attend. The final price will be determined by your fellow fans who are also bidding. Only bids which are higher than the final price to be set, will be accepted and charged. If your bid is lower than the final price – you will not be charged anything. Making a bid is completely free!

Our state of the art platform is fully secure and automated. Your payment details will only be used should you place a winning bid. To find out more click here.

We want to celebrate its launch with La Liga champion, Atlético de Madrid, and invite YOU to bid on tickets for the upcoming Atlético – Granada match on January 18th.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V27

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2015, 07:59
Scored little less 620 any chance for IE, or should I give gmat again
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2015, 09:00
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: El País entrevistó recientemente a nuestro decano Santiago Iñiguez

El País entrevistó recientemente a nuestro decano Santiago Iñiguez sobre nuestro compromiso con el desarrollo del emprendimiento y la formación de líderes para los nuevos retos internacionales en el mundo de los negocios.

By Susana Carrizosa, Madrid 4 ENE 2015 

Con los deseos de que la economía continúe su tímida recuperación, que se genere mayor empleo en España y de que florezca el espíritu emprendedor recibe el año Santiago Iñiguez. Su escuela de negocios, la IE Business School, da la bienvenida al Master in Business Analytics and Big Data, que abordará la formación sobre este revolucionario concepto, big data, que llega de aplicar internet a la industria. Iñiguez hace balance de un año “muy positivo” para la universidad y la escuela de negocios, que han registrado un crecimiento agregado del 7%. “Además del nuevo máster”, apunta, “la renovación de nuestro MBA que va a suponer un desafío interesante”.

[img]http://news.imba.ie.edu/files/2015/01/santiago-iñiguez-273x300.png[/img]

Pregunta. ¿A qué desafío se refiere?

Respuesta. Se trata de una renovación que va a exigir un cambio en la actitud y en el comportamiento de los participantes. Ofrecemos una experiencia de transformación hacía un perfil más resiliente, dado que llegan tiempos que exigen directivos con una potente mentalidad global, más comprometidos y con mayor capacidad del trabajo. Un perfil de líder más humanista.

P. Líder humanista ¿Es lo último en liderazgo?

R. Es una tendencia ligada a la internacionalización. Apostamos por un cambio hacia un liderazgo humanista, en el sentido que los líderes del futuro han de saber combinar inteligencia analítica, con la tecnológica y la emocional. Es fundamental integrar el humanismo en el liderazgo, formar directivos ilustrados. Consejeros delegados que se formen en Historia y Humanidades para que entiendan mejor otras culturas. Hay muchas compañías que fracasan en su internacionalización precisamente por la falta de conocimiento de sus directivos en estos terrenos. Las empresas necesitan directivos con capacidad crítica que planten cara a cuestiones sociales y que sepan resolver conflictos morales y éticos para cambiar las cosas desde dentro.

P. ¿Qué depara desde su escuela la formación ejecutiva para 2015?

R. Nuestra gran apuesta es la actualización de programas en formación ejecutiva continuada para el tramo de 35 a 75 años ya que las empresas están aumentando inversión en formación de sus directivos y en retención del talento. Queremos reciclar a los jubilados como emprendedores y recuperar el talento femenino.

P. La queja generalizada de los alumnos en formación blended es la escasa motivación del profesorado.

R. Efectivamente. Quizás sea el talón de Aquiles de esta formación. Por eso hay que ser especialmente cauto en la selección del profesorado. En nuestra escuela el 80% de los profesores aceptaron el reto y los dimos formación porque es cierto que exige un cambio total para impartir conocimiento. Se acaban las lecciones magistrales y se avanza a un modelo más interactivo, rápido y que exige una capacidad de respuesta en tiempo real.

P. ¿Por qué no acaba de cuajar el espíritu emprendedor?

R. Aunque el emprendedurismo ha renacido en los últimos diez años debemos enfrentarnos al reto de cambiar la formación del emprendedor y hacer de él un modelo de referencia. Para ello hay que abrir puertas al talento internacional, a lo que ha ayudado mucho la Ley del Emprendedor. Asistiremos al nacimiento de más compañías porque hay mayor acceso a la financiación y se ha reducido la burocracia para montar una empresa.

P. ¿Cómo se enseña a ser emprendedor?

R. Tratamos de potenciar en los alumnos su capacidad para vender su idea y convencer de su financiación a un inversor en 30 segundos. Los emprendedores serán los héroes de la próxima generación. Y hay que hablar de ellos para que se motiven. En España hay mucho talento, pero no basta con tener una idea.

P. ¿Cuál es su orientación para los directivos en paro?

R. Nos enfrentamos a un futuro que está exigiendo que nos reinventemos varias veces en la vida. Hoy no es extraño encontrar un directivo menor de 45 años que ha cambiado de trabajo más de cuatro veces. Se impone desarrollar el espíritu emprendedor, buscar oportunidades diferentes a las tradicionales, ofrecer servicios a nivel global, reorientar la carrera o lanzarse al exterior. Y, por supuesto, desdramatizar los cambios. El concepto de un trabajo para toda la vida ha desaparecido hasta en la Administración.

P. ¿De qué manera les influye la supresión de la selectividad?

“La universidad debe enseñar a los jóvenes a gestionar sus propias vidas”

R. La mayor parte de nuestros ingresos provienen de fuera de España porque contamos con alumnos de 110 nacionalidades diferentes, lo que nos sitúa en el porcentaje más alto de alumnos extranjeros en cualquier programa de grado del mundo. Suprimir la selectividad ha sido una decisión clave en la apertura de la educación superior al entorno internacional, ya que facilita el acceso de estudiantes extranjeros a España. Nuestra gestión se orienta, además, a consolidarnos como uno de los mejores centros de formación en términos de empleabilidad.

P. ¿Qué aconseja a la universidad española para afrontar el futuro?

R. Que adopte una gestión orientada a la internacionalización. Así aumentará sus ingresos y la hará más competitiva. Para ello es importante desregular la oferta de títulos apoyados en agencias de acreditación internacionales. Nuestro éxito se ha basado en combinar los modelos educativos europeo, basado en la especialización, con el de los colleges americanos que inciden en las humanidades y las ciencias sociales. La diversidad cultural es además un valor añadido porque consigue alumnos más tolerantes y menos resistentes a la movilidad.

P. ¿Cuál es la asignatura pendiente de la Universidad?

R. No sabemos gestionar la salida universitaria de los profesionales que terminan y tampoco su internacionalización. Además, la universidad debe racionalizar mejor su oferta, promocionar y seleccionar su profesorado y generar investigación aplicada. Los alumnos tendrían que aprender muy pronto a gestionar su futuro profesional, y en realidad sus vidas, por eso la gestión, como asignatura, debería enseñarse en los colegios.

P. ¿Qué proyectos va a abordar en 2015?

R. En cuanto a expansión, recientemente hemos abierto campus universitario en Londres y EE UU, que se suman a los de Madrid y Segovia y está previsto que desarrollemos grados de Ciencias y Tecnología en Brasil, México, Singapur y China. Incorporamos también Arquitectura, Derecho, relaciones Internacionales, Psicología y Comunicación. En formación hay que trabajar en plataformas digitales para que un directivo pueda asistir a clase desde su teléfono y en que los ejecutivos aprendan a servirse de los entornos digitales para vender sus productos.

Lee más aquí: http://ow.ly/GVwmN

Síguenos en Instagram y Twitter @ieBusiness #ieIMBA #GoBeyond #LifeatIE

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2015, 14:12
rohitenigma wrote:

Contact the admissions officers in your geographic region. I was unsure about my profile as well and after emailing them, they contacted me back immediately, discussed the competitiveness of my application with me over Skype and couldn't have been nicer. They've been in contact with me since and have always been enthusiastic about helping in any way they can.

(Special shoutout to Jessica and Cristina at the Miami office. <- they are awesome)
Manager
Manager
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2015, 14:37
ramiajjuri wrote:
rohitenigma wrote:

Contact the admissions officers in your geographic region. I was unsure about my profile as well and after emailing them, they contacted me back immediately, discussed the competitiveness of my application with me over Skype and couldn't have been nicer. They've been in contact with me since and have always been enthusiastic about helping in any way they can.

(Special shoutout to Jessica and Cristina at the Miami office. <- they are awesome)

Sorry I might sound dumb....but from where can you get admission officers contact?

Thanks
AK
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2015, 15:14
simplyanuj wrote:
ramiajjuri wrote:
rohitenigma wrote:

Sorry I might sound dumb....but from where can you get admission officers contact?

Thanks
AK

I'd suggest the program's website (sorry, it wouldn't let me post a link). Most major programs have admissions officers dedicated to specific geographic regions of the world, so try there first. Best of luck.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2015, 09:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: SPEAKING UP, WOMEN IN MEDIA.
By Margarita Alonso, General Director – Fundación IE

SPEAKING UP, WOMEN IN MEDIA.

The Professional Women’s Network (PWN) and IE Diversity Center organized a round table discussion hosted by Rose Marie Losier and Celia de Anca and moderated by Yolanda Regodón. The focus was on analyzing the equality of women in media. In this industry, the landscape is more or less the same as in the other industries: Women are the vast majority in newspaper and television network newsrooms, but they represent only 9% of executive positions and hold even fewer roles at the top decision-making level.

Nevertheless, these figures require extra thought in reference to this industry since the media and the role models it produces are key to shaping the public opinion about gender roles in our society.

This is why I found this debate tremendously relevant, especially when taking into account the round table guests’ experiences and track records. Montserrat Dominguez, Editorial Director at Huffington Post, Lourdes Garzón, Director of Vanity Fair, Berna G. Harbour, Editor of Babelia, and Cristina Manzano, Director of Esglobal all command our respect.

The debate was opened with a simple phrase that requires deep reflection: “You can´t be what you can´t see.” It had different interpretations among the participants: some explained it as alluding to the extra difficulties women face when reaching the top, and others interpreted it as suggesting that women lack interest in reaching the top.

I think the second interpretation is especially pertinent for the 21st century as it is currently socially accepted that women have the “right to choose” how to combine their personal and professional lives, but men only have one option. Should we start to think about men´s right to choose?

This topic is strongly related to another idea very often argued in these forums: the challenge of balancing family life with professional schedules. When talking about women and leadership, I think this approach is tricky in two aspects.

On one hand, this approach reduces the importance of balancing personal and professional needs by focusing on family issues. According to Soledad Murillo, our time has three main spheres: professional time, the time we devote to our paid job; personal time, the time we invest in cultivating our individuality; and domestic time, the time we dedicate to our household and family. Suggesting that the challenge for women is balancing only family life with professional life creates a simplification that equates women’s personal time to domestic time. While balancing these three spheres is not easy for men either, their personal time is normally challenged by their professional demands with professional dinners or networking events, which at least enhance their potential for growing their network, salary, leadership abilities, etc. Wise corporations have very clear boundaries between these two dimensions of diversity—“Personal and Professional Balance,” which affects all human beings, and “Female Leadership.”

On the other hand, it is commonplace to claim a necessity for more reasonable schedules to facilitate women in reaching the top. However, top management and decision making requires top commitment no matter one’s gender, so why are women who aspire to top management positions always asked about balancing domestic and professional lives? In my opinion, this topic should not have been included in our debate of “Women and Leadership” because it focused too strongly “Personal and professional life”

The nuances of this quandary became obvious during the debate when one of the round table members said “ I have to leave” when she just heard about the sudden and unexpected resignation of Minister Ana Mato. Probably, she had to get back to work to cover this important issue and review the front page of the newspaper

We could not decide whether to celebrate the advancements or to mourn the patent inequality that still face professional women today, when Montserrat Dominguez mentioned the illusion that Dr. Madrazo reveals in his thesis. He talks about the unexpected growth in the Spanish female workforce between 1996 and 2008. His research relates this growth to the positive impact of affordable domestic help offered by an unprecedented large number of immigrants entering Spain during this period of time.  But is this real advancement?

What was obvious is the importance of making an extra effort to break the routines and trends by using media to promote topics that appeal to women, by demanding the “role model makers” like Getty Images change women and men stereotyping, by looking for balanced teams of opinion makers, and by making an extra effort to guarantee feminine presence among experts and members of talk shows. The simple action of asking for an “experta” instead of an “experto” can change things faster.

Bravo to PWN and IE diversity Center for presenting us with such a fruitful and relevant discussion from these four role models in the area of women leadership!

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2015, 10:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: Our Career Management Center had a busy December!
Our Career Management Center had a busy December! They posted 257 job opportunities (almost half of which were outside Spain) and held 440 career advice meetings. Check out this infographic to see what else they were up to during the last month of 2014:

Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @ieBusiness #ieIMBA #LifeatIE #goBeyond

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2015, 03:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: ESJAPÓN entrevista a tres estudiantes japoneses de nuestro IMBA
Takashi Inaba, Miki Matsuoka y Kotaro Adachi, tres de nuestros alumnos japoneses que acaban de finalizar sus estudios de MBA fueron entrevistados por ESJAPÓN. Nos contaron su experiencia, sus objetivos como futuros emprendedores y el espíritu internacional que encontraron en IE Business School.

Lee el artículo aquí: http://ow.ly/FXS8Y

Síguenos en Instagram y Twitter @ieBusiness

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2015, 03:00
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: Congratulations to all our students who graduated in December!
Here is a small selection of photos from the ceremony, but be sure to check out the complete album here: http://ow.ly/HfGUy

ImageImage

Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @ieBusiness #ieIMBA #goBeyond

Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, General Management

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2015, 19:04
TheAlbatross wrote:
sswan wrote:
TheAlbatross wrote:
Hey All,

Is there going to be a September 2015 Intake thread soon?

Was thinking the same thing. Got my September 2015 acceptance this week!

Congrats - me too! Could be seeing you in Madrid next fall! :-D

Got an acceptance for April but will start with the Sep2015..
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2015, 03:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: Our faculty in the media: José Esteves speaks about the gamification technique
Professor José Esteves recently wrote an article in the Economic Times about the gamification technique, which can be used to increase employee engagement. A study carried out here at IE analyzed companies that use this motivational approach and revealed that it has the ability to influence and change employee behavior.

Read more about gamification in his article here: http://ow.ly/HePCT

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2015, 03:00
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: One word to describe IE
We are IE! A broad community of men and women, inspirational profiles ranging from entrepreneurs, prominent legal experts, designers and marketeers, politicians and corporate leaders. Role models to count on, to support you in fulfilling your own goals and aspirations. A large network in scope and accessible to each of you through the support of the Global Alumni Relations team. You are never alone! Welcome to the IE Alumni Community of 50,000 worldwide. Let´s keep the momentum going and work together to strengthen our network.

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2015, 06:00
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: We have just launched clubs.ie.edu, a new social platform to keep you updated on all our extracurricular activities!
IE promotes an everlasting relationship among the members of the IE community, facilitates a common platform of business, career development and lifelong learning opportunities, with the objective to encourage personal and professional development of IE students and alumni, in accordance with the principles and values of IE. Networking at IE starts in the School’s classrooms and clubs and continues through the Alumni Association. IE Clubs are the umbrella structure under which we organize events worldwide, grouping activities according to functional area, sector, geographic region, or special interest.

We’ve just launched clubs.ie.edu, a new social platform to keep you updated on all our extracurricular activities! This new social platform, a joint effort from IE Campus Life, IEU Student Life and IE Alumni, is available online and can also be accessed through our iPhone and Android apps. You can now get the latest information about our events and clubs and also register all in one place. Check it out!

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2015, 06:00
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: #IEPressPlay playlist on Spotify
Check out the songs we’ve been playing on our #IEPressPlay playlist on Spotify for almost a year now! These were the songs from 2014 that proved the most popular according to your interactions with them. Do you agree with this selection or do you have different favorites? http://ow.ly/xEZ5U #IEpressplay

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.92
WE: Business Development (Retail)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2015, 21:28
Hey guys,

Is there any forum for September'15 in-take.> Couldn't find one.

Thanks
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2015, 06:01
FROM IE Business School - International MBA Blog: “Age of Travel” – Perspective of the UNWTO Secretary General, Dr. Taleb Rifai
IE’s International Relations Club
started off 2015 on a revolutionary note; a travel revolution, that is. We had the privilege of welcoming Dr. Taleb Rifai, Secretary General of the United Nations World Tourism Organization, who shared his perspective on the matter. In attendance were some of Dr. Rifai’s esteemed guests: the Malta Delegation with Tourism Minister, Dr. Edward Lewis, the Ambassador of Malta to Spain, Dr. Mark Micallef, and, of course, students, alumni, faculty… all travelers, I’m sure. Just as the 20th century came to be known as the Industrial Revolution, the 21st will be synonymous with travel; not just of information but also of people. These were the words with which the UNWTO Secretary General began his hopeful story. In 1950, tourism was an elite club whose members included the world’s wealthiest 25 million people. Fast-forward a mere 70 years and you now have 1 billion tourists wandering every corner of the world… now that is a revolution. And if anyone accuses me of hyperbole, just think of the ways that tourism has been transformed as a development tool. It generates vast economic wealth and accounts for 9% of the world’s GDP. It allows countries to rediscover themselves in an effort to showcase their culture to global visitors. But most importantly, it brings together people of all walks of life fostering respect, knowledge, and human well-being. Of course, with great opportunities come great challenges. An informal sector is developing that not only lacks regulation but protection, as well. In the coming years, a solution will be needed in order to establish a fair playing field between the businesses who play by the rules and the individuals currently untouched by them. Furthermore, it must also be understood that a visitor cannot enjoy a country if it is not enjoyed first by its own people, that if there is not enough food to feed the population how can there be enough for a tourist. Lastly the difficulty of promoting sustainable tourism must be considered, how does one open up the world’s door in such a way that future generations will be able to look through and enjoy the same beauty. We are starting to experience the fruits of the travel revolution today; but it is our duty, aided by agencies like the UNWTO, to nurture the benefits of tourism so that it can help create a better and more mobile world for tomorrow.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (April 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!   [#permalink] 02 Feb 2015, 06:01

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 139 posts ] 

Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (April 2015 Intake) Class of 2016!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: JMMadison