GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2018, 12:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all IESE Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Recommendation letters  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2015, 14:47
Hi Guys!

I would like to apply in round 2 and just started to work on my application. I was wondering whether those of you who already submitted their application in round 1 could give me some details about the recommendation letters. How does this work? I saw in the online application form that I have to register my recommenders. Will they receive a notification email that they have to submit a recommendation letter on my behalf? Do they have to answer some specific questions or they can write freely about me? And finally will I see what recommendations have I received.
If you could share some of your experience with me that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Noemi
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.9
Reviews Badge
Recommendation letters  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 06:24
gynoni wrote:
Hi Guys!

I would like to apply in round 2 and just started to work on my application. I was wondering whether those of you who already submitted their application in round 1 could give me some details about the recommendation letters. How does this work? I saw in the online application form that I have to register my recommenders. Will they receive a notification email that they have to submit a recommendation letter on my behalf? Do they have to answer some specific questions or they can write freely about me? And finally will I see what recommendations have I received.
If you could share some of your experience with me that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Noemi

Yes, they will receive an email confirmation asking them to submit their recommendation letters via Embark....
Current Student
Schools: IESE '18 (A)
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2015, 11:54
Hello everybody!

I was interviewed on 21st October and received my results on November 6th. Congratulations to all accepted too!

Have any of you heard anything about scholarships yet?
On the letter they say the scholarship committee will meet in december, but they also say that I have to pay the commitment fee until 4th december!

Pretty unfair to have to decide before knowing scholarship conditions...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2015, 13:06
Hi everyone,

I have decided to apply to IESE for 2016 intake. I know compared to many applicants I am very late in making my decision, but it is what it is.

I need to choose if to apply for Round 2 or Round 3.

Round 2 feels too soon, there are very few GMAT test dates before the deadline. If I take the test in Auckland, I will need to take it in only 3 more weeks to prepare (with little prep so far). If I fly to Sydney to take the test I will have 5 weeks to prepare.

I really wanted to apply for Round 2 but feel I have left it too late and the extra time to round 3 will help improve my GMAT scores and worth the fact the round is tougher. Do you agree?

How long before the IESE application deadline should I take the GMAT test?

I realise my situation is not ideal, please don't be too tough on me :wink:
Manager
Manager
Five Reasons Why You Should Spend Your Exchange Term at Wharton  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2015, 04:01
FROM IESE MBA Director's Blog: Five Reasons Why You Should Spend Your Exchange Term at Wharton
IESE has many partner schools all over the world, including more than a dozen in the United States alone. Once you have decided that you want to go on an exchange, the question becomes “Where to?” If...

Click on the headline to read more
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2015, 12:29

Congratulations to all Admitted students!!

Here is latest on R1 admission results based on status updates by users on the forum. If you have received the decision, please update your IESE application status to reflect in the table below.

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Manager
Manager
Five Reasons Why You Should Spend Your Exchange Term in Philadelphia  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2015, 10:01
FROM IESE MBA Director's Blog: Five Reasons Why You Should Spend Your Exchange Term in Philadelphia
IESE has many partner schools all over the world, including more than a dozen in the United States alone. Once you have decided that you want to go on an exchange, the question becomes “Where to?” If...

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2015, 14:39
I'm in!
Intern
Intern
Calling all IESE Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 05:58
Hello everyone, and congratulations on getting accepted into IESE MBA!

I'm a 2017 student and I can tell you that it is a great experience!!

Now that you've been admitted, have you thought about how you're going to finance your MBA? As an international student, I found it a bit difficult to get funds for my MBA, and I'm sure there are many students in the same position - so I wanted to share some information that might be helpful.

Prodigy Finance is a loan provider that offers loans specifically for postgraduate students who are travelling abroad for their studies. Check it out, as it might be an option for you. In the financial-aid section of IESE MBA website you will find a link to Prodigy's website.

You can also go straight to Prodigy's website for more information.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Congratulations again!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 06:13
monte wrote:

Now that you've been admitted, have you thought about how you're going to finance your MBA? As an international student, I found it a bit difficult to get funds for my MBA, and I'm sure there are many students in the same position - so I wanted to share some information that might be helpful.

Prodigy Finance is a loan provider that offers loans specifically for postgraduate students who are travelling abroad for their studies. Check it out, as it might be an option for you. In the financial-aid section of IESE MBA website you will find a link to Prodigy's website.

Congratulations again!
Monte, I will be applying in R2, and hope to get accepted. I have been in contact with prodigy and will contact them again as soon as I am accepted. The only worry I have is the 10,000euros fee before resumption. I can easily get the 5000euros. Is there a way around this?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 09:15
It seems there have been a lot of admits this far from decision deadline... Should the ones that already interviewed, but haven´t heard back start worrying?

Cheers!
Current Student
Schools: IESE '18 (A)

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 09:21
AlejandroCL wrote:
It seems there have been a lot of admits this far from decision deadline... Should the ones that already interviewed, but haven´t heard back start worrying?

Cheers!

I'm in as well...found out a week after interviewing on campus (did not do AD). FWIW, seems like most people who interviewed and did not go to AD found out about 10-14 days after the interview. I heard from some at the Barcelona AD that they got admissions decisions one week after. Good luck!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 09:27
Hello Husayn! How are you?

In this case you will have to talk directly with IESE's financial team. You can send them an email at anytime.

You will have to pay this tuition instalment anyway.. maybe they can help you with the deadlines.. but I wouldnt count on that!!

Good luck!!

Husayn87 wrote:
monte wrote:

Congratulations again!
Monte, I will be applying in R2, and hope to get accepted. I have been in contact with prodigy and will contact them again as soon as I am accepted. The only worry I have is the 10,000euros fee before resumption. I can easily get the 5000euros. Is there a way around this?
Manager
Manager
“I would be super-excited if I were an MBA right now”, Professor Jan S  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2015, 10:01
FROM IESE MBA Director's Blog: “I would be super-excited if I were an MBA right now”, Professor Jan Simon
Professor Jan Simon earned a PhD from the University of Essex, an MBA from IESE Business School, and a law degree from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven. Prof. Simon also holds a postgraduate degree in...

Manager
Manager
Movember at IESE  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2015, 10:01
FROM IESE MBA Director's Blog: Movember at IESE
For a few years now, November is not just another month in the calendar. In fact, it’s not even called November anymore. If you asked anybody at IESE, last month was Movember. This well-known...

Manager
Manager
Every month can be Movember if you want it to be!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2015, 08:01
FROM IESE MBA Director's Blog: Every month can be Movember if you want it to be!
Once you grow a great manly mustache, how hard is it to let it go? As we mentioned yesterday, many of our MBA students have discovered another side of themselves thanks to the Movember initiative....

Intern
Intern
Calling all IESE Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2015, 09:59
Hi Guys

suggestion required: i gave my i/v in round 1 but now have been asked to attend AD if possible in Feb - I am assuming i take as a WL? If i can't, the decision will be based on whatever information they have now. I am not 100% sure if I can attend 3 months from now due to several personal issues and hence want to take an informed decision.. any suggestions?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2015, 09:42
Any news??? Anybody know if most admissions should be delivered during this week, or should have been sent out already?

Beginning to lose hope here...
Current Student
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Anderson '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Information Technology (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2015, 06:45
Radio silence everywhere!
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2015, 04:49
Clearadmit shows someone who posted being waitlisted via email...
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! &nbs [#permalink] 09 Dec 2015, 04:49

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14    Next  [ 272 posts ] 

Calling all IESE Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap