GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2018, 15:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all IESE Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2015, 05:07
AlejandroCL wrote:
Clearadmit shows someone who posted being waitlisted via email...

And now someone who was admitted.... Looks like it´s on!
Current Student
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Anderson '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Information Technology (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2015, 05:08
That would be me guys :/ Waitlisted.
Current Student
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2015, 22:46
I'm in!

-
- Abhinay (INSEAD MBA Class of 2017 Dec)

I was in your shoes a couple of years ago when I needed MBA Admissions Consulting services and guidance from current students and alumni but always faced the problem of either the admissions consultants being too expensive to afford or not knowing the right student/alumnus from my target school who can guide me. I graduated recently in Dec 2017 from INSEAD and realized that this needs to change and democratizing the consulting process makes much more sense. This is why I have started Easy MBA Admit - An Admissions Consulting service for the people, by the people. Why should you be interested? Here's why:

1. The most affordable admissions consulting service with services starting at $100 (mostly to cover operational expenses) - because we believe more in paying it forward and helping future MBA aspirants rather than making huge profits.

2. All services offered by recent alumni/current students from top B Schools like INSEAD, LBS, CBS, Kellogg, Stern, IESE, Wharton, etc. motivated by goodwill and who were in your shoes not too long ago and hence know how best to position your application.

3. Proud to say that so far we have had a 100% success record at placing aspirants in their target schools. Examples include INSEAD, LBS, IESE, HEC Paris, CBS, Wharton, Kellogg, Stern, NUS, NTU and more

4. Get your Free Intro Call (https://www.easymbaadmit.com/services-1/free-intro-call) with no obligations attached. If you do book any of our services we have a money back guarantee in case you don't like the service.

Website - https://www.easymbaadmit.com
Email - easymbaadmit@gmail.com

Current Student
Calling all IESE Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 04:41
My application status just changed from "Manage" to "Archive" and I haven´t received any notification. Does anybody know what this means exactly??? I have a feeling it doesn´t sound good though...
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 18:04
I'm innnnnnnnn!!!!!!!! Waaaaaaaaahhhoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
Calling all IESE Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 06:00
I'm in!!! Received na email from the Adcom.

Nothing mentioned about scholarship...do you know how does it work for IESE?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 16:18
In~
Manager
Manager
End of Year Ranking Summary  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2015, 03:01
FROM IESE MBA Director's Blog: End of Year Ranking Summary
Now that the year is winding down, let’s look back at how the MBA Program has been doing in the rankings in 2015. Rankings take a very peculiar and necessarily non-exhaustive view at a program. And...

Click on the headline to read more
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Manager
Manager
The London Banking Tour: a Great Experience  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2015, 03:01
FROM IESE MBA Director's Blog: The London Banking Tour: a Great Experience
“By far the best we have ever had”. That is how Career Services Associate Director, Pascal Michels (MBA’10), described the London Banking Tour which took place between November 11th...

Click on the headline to read more
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2015, 09:02
Hello Everyone,

First of all, congratulations to those who have made it through :)

Am going for Rd 2. But couldn't find out the Letter of Recommendations questions on any forum. Could anyone please help me with the LOR questions for 2016 intake ?

Cheers. Varun
Cornell-Johnson Thread Master
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GPA: 3.8
WE: Project Management (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2015, 14:22
varun146100 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Am going for Rd 2. But couldn't find out the Letter of Recommendations questions on any forum. Could anyone please help me with the LOR questions for 2016 intake ?

Cheers. Varun

I'm not sure about the questions, but the person you wrote recommendation for me told me that there were two questions - one on how the applicant is and the other on the best piece of advice you have given to the applicant...

Regards
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
WE: Account Management (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2015, 03:25
mspmet wrote:
varun146100 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Cheers. Varun

I'm not sure about the questions, but the person you wrote recommendation for me told me that there were two questions - one on how the applicant is and the other on the best piece of advice you have given to the applicant...

Regards

Don't remember from which site did I find this, but the questions are:
1. How do the candidate's performance, potential, or personal qualities compare to those of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? Please provide specific examples. (300 words)
2. Please describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant's response. (250 words)

hope this helps:)
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V31
GMAT 3: 700 Q49 V35

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2015, 06:28
abhinay.anand wrote:
I'm in!

Congratulations on your admit. Would you mind sharing your profile and your experience throughout the application season with IESE please. I'm applying in R2. But also realized that a few of them who applied in R2 have already been accepted/waitlisted. Are decisions out on a rolling basis?

Thanks.
Current Student
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2015, 08:51
debjeet wrote:
abhinay.anand wrote:
I'm in!

Congratulations on your admit. Would you mind sharing your profile and your experience throughout the application season with IESE please. I'm applying in R2. But also realized that a few of them who applied in R2 have already been accepted/waitlisted. Are decisions out on a rolling basis?

Thanks.

Sure. I'm a 26 year old Indian citizen working in Investment Banking in Singapore. 3.5 years of work experience. Computer Science degree from NUS, Singapore.
The application experience is pretty much like any other top MBA school in that its rigorous in its selection process. IESE also has an added step (although optional) of an Assessment Day after the 1-1 interview which is basically a whole day of group discussions, presentations, etc.

Round 1 results came out just like 3 weeks back so I highly doubt that Round2 decisions have already been released. Furthermore, IESE is on Christmas break for the last week and this. Decisions are usually announced after the Assessment Days and in some cases after the 1-1 interview in case the student can;t make it to the AD.

Hope this helps

-

I was in your shoes a couple of years ago when I needed MBA Admissions Consulting services and guidance from current students and alumni but always faced the problem of either the admissions consultants being too expensive to afford or not knowing the right student/alumnus from my target school who can guide me. I graduated recently in Dec 2017 from INSEAD and realized that this needs to change and democratizing the consulting process makes much more sense. This is why I have started Easy MBA Admit - An Admissions Consulting service for the people, by the people. Why should you be interested? Here's why:

1. The most affordable admissions consulting service with services starting at $100 (mostly to cover operational expenses) - because we believe more in paying it forward and helping future MBA aspirants rather than making huge profits.

2. All services offered by recent alumni/current students from top B Schools like INSEAD, LBS, CBS, Kellogg, Stern, IESE, Wharton, etc. motivated by goodwill and who were in your shoes not too long ago and hence know how best to position your application.

3. Proud to say that so far we have had a 100% success record at placing aspirants in their target schools. Examples include INSEAD, LBS, IESE, HEC Paris, CBS, Wharton, Kellogg, Stern, NUS, NTU and more

4. Get your Free Intro Call (https://www.easymbaadmit.com/services-1/free-intro-call) with no obligations attached. If you do book any of our services we have a money back guarantee in case you don't like the service.

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V31
GMAT 3: 700 Q49 V35

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2016, 07:47
Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

Would anyone who has already applied to IESE let me know what to mention under the 'Title' field of our Undergraduate (Bachelor's) Section

For example, the fields are filled up as follows:
Major Field of Study: Engineering
Degree: Bachelor
Specific Field of Study: Information Technology
Title (please write the equivalent in English): ???
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2016, 09:49
R2 submitted. Anyone know when we hear about interviews?
Current Student
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2016, 19:24
Usually takes about 3-4 weeks

-

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2016, 22:11
Applied for R2
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 04:30
Good luck to all IESE applicants who submitted their apps in Round 2. Let the wait begins!! Please do not forget to update your forum status after you submit the application. Thank you!!

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
MBA placements at IESE  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 08:15
Hi,
I'm am an Indian engineer with 3.5 years of work ex in the analytics industry. Post MBA I would like to get into the strategy consulting for a top tier firm. I'm trying to better understand the post MBA placement scenario at IESE business school and would like some information about the same. To start with here are some of the questions I have:

1. Who are the top recruiters at IESE and for what functions do they hire graduates?
2. What is the placement scenario in general for international applicants (especially Asians or Indians)?
3. What opportunities are available for those who want to get into strategy consulting?
4. What % of students get jobs in Asia and what are top industries that hire them?
5. Is it true that majority of the Asian students end up going back to their home countries for jobs post MBA? If not what is the trend?

Thanks in advance for any information!

Arjun Antony
GMAT Club Bot
MBA placements at IESE &nbs [#permalink] 06 Jan 2016, 08:15

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14    Next  [ 272 posts ] 

Calling all IESE Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap