Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: LBS '18 (S)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Also, the ones who got invited for AD - do they invite you at the end of the interview itself or an email is sent out later with the invitation?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
abhinay.anand wrote:
Also, the ones who got invited for AD - do they invite you at the end of the interview itself or an email is sent out later with the invitation?

I got an invitation to the AD the day after my interview. Hope that helps! I was also invited to the one in Singapore, which makes sense since I'm based in India. It is definitely based on location (ergo convenience).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just got Miriam's invite for assessment day in Singapore. Hope to see you guys there.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: LBS '18 (S)
Send PM
Just got the invite for the assessment day as well!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: IESE '18 (A$)
Send PM
Has anyone received an invite to an AD in either NYC or Barcelona? So far seems like Singapore invites only
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Other
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Slightly off current topic, but anybody out there who still has a 'manage'?
Aargh, this wait is really frustrating.
Also, what do the timestamps below the status indicate? Mine says 11th october though i submitted it before the 1st October deadline and got a mail from Miriam on the 6th. This is weird.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
loki2686 wrote:
Also, what do the timestamps below the status indicate? Mine says 11th october though i submitted it before the 1st October deadline and got a mail from Miriam on the 6th. This is weird.

I've got the same details on my app. Don't know what the date indicates.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
loki2686 wrote:

Same for me. Submitted the application on 1st of October, got a mail from Miriam on the 6th and date submitted is showing 11th October 2015. And my status is manage.
No idea what to do...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Information Technology (Manufacturing)
Send PM
brobeedle wrote:
Does anybody know if there are other assessment days in Asia? I have pre-made travel plans for the 28th of November and it's going to be very difficult to move those around, so was hoping there was another one happening in New Delhi/HK/ anywhere else?

My interviewer Joe had clearly told me that there is only 1 AD in Asia. However, he also told me that IESE doesn't expect everyone to travel to Singapore for AD and that not attending it wouldn't hamper your chances
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ptecks wrote:
loki2686 wrote:

Same for me. Submitted the application on 1st of October, got a mail from Miriam on the 6th and date submitted is showing 11th October 2015. And my status is manage.
No idea what to do...

Ptecks, can't really tell coz iese send out invites different time according to the applicant's region
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Got an AD invite yesterday to Singapore too. See you guys on 28th! Any idea what to prepare for the AD?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sorry for spamming this thread guys but congratulations to the ones who are through and the ones who are still being 'Manage'd, I am sure you can understand my anxiety.
Anybody who has received a ding so far? Haven't heard that on this thread. Will they directly release the reject list at one go on the 11th December?
Besides, from my random survey and knowledge gathering, Delhi is the only Indian city where interviews have been conducted. Is there a soul from Mumbai or Bangalore that has received an invite? This bit is just a tad too critical for my liking. Any help will be sincerely appreciated guys. Thanks :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
loki2686 wrote:
Sorry for spamming this thread guys but congratulations to the ones who are through and the ones who are still being 'Manage'd, I am sure you can understand my anxiety.
Anybody who has received a ding so far? Haven't heard that on this thread. Will they directly release the reject list at one go on the 11th December?
Besides, from my random survey and knowledge gathering, Delhi is the only Indian city where interviews have been conducted. Is there a soul from Mumbai or Bangalore that has received an invite? This bit is just a tad too critical for my liking. Any help will be sincerely appreciated guys. Thanks :)

Not sure about when the dings come out, but I'm in Bangalore at the moment and I had an interview via video conference. Your stats look good and unless your essays were entirely off-base, I would think you'd receive an invite. November 28th is Assessment Day in Singapore, so there is plenty of time for you to be interviewed and then invited. Don't get too anxious just yet!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
FROM IESE MBA Director's Blog: “Leaders are not born, they are made” – Professor Yuan Liao
Professor Yuan (Echo) Liao is an assistant professor in IESE’s Department of Managing People in Organizations. She holds a PhD in international business from the Beedie School of Business at Simon...

Click on the headline to read more
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Status:I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul!!
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
I have received an invite for AD on Nov 13th in Barcelona. I have seen few people updating their status on AD as well. However I am a little confused about the invitation for Barcelona, as I am based in Singapore.

Is everyone planning to attend the AD in Barcelona?

Anyone planning to travel from Singapore or nearby? How about if we plan to travel together? Have you guys started booking the tickets for Barcelona yet?

The tickets are really expensive with such a short lead time. I am really pressed for time. Any informational help would be highly appreciated.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jeetparicha85 wrote:
I have received an invite for AD on Nov 13th in Barcelona. I have seen few people updating their status on AD as well. However I am a little confused about the invitation for Barcelona, as I am based in Singapore.

Is everyone planning to attend the AD in Barcelona?

Anyone planning to travel from Singapore or nearby? How about if we plan to travel together? Have you guys started booking the tickets for Barcelona yet?

The tickets are really expensive with such a short lead time. I am really pressed for time. Any informational help would be highly appreciated.

That seems weird, I would contact them letting them know that you are based in Singapore. I think it might be a glitch in their system.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
On a slightly different note, I mailed IESE regarding the status of my application and I received an almost spontaneous generic reply stating that my application was complete, they will be evaluating it soon and will reach out with next steps in the next few weeks. Doesn't alleviate my anxiety a great deal but its still better than a ding. So guys like me, who are still stuck on 'Manage' without an email, stay positive. There should be some news coming our way soon.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts