GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Aug 2018, 06:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all IESE Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Schools: LBS '18 (S)
Calling all IESE Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2015, 21:22
Does anybody know if there are other assessment days in Asia? I have pre-made travel plans for the 28th of November and it's going to be very difficult to move those around, so was hoping there was another one happening in New Delhi/HK/ anywhere else?
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2015, 19:58
brobeedle wrote:
Does anybody know if there are other assessment days in Asia? I have pre-made travel plans for the 28th of November and it's going to be very difficult to move those around, so was hoping there was another one happening in New Delhi/HK/ anywhere else?

I doubt that if they will have another AD in Asia, in Round 1. They may have one in Round 2. If you're unable to make it to the one on 28th November, I suggest you find out with the admissions team if you could rather attend the potential one in Round 2.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 01:39
anybody got invited for AD in Barcelona or they assign you based on your continent?
Current Student
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 02:58
Also, the ones who got invited for AD - do they invite you at the end of the interview itself or an email is sent out later with the invitation?

-
- Abhinay (INSEAD MBA Class of 2017 Dec)

I was in your shoes a couple of years ago when I needed MBA Admissions Consulting services and guidance from current students and alumni but always faced the problem of either the admissions consultants being too expensive to afford or not knowing the right student/alumnus from my target school who can guide me. I graduated recently in Dec 2017 from INSEAD and realized that this needs to change and democratizing the consulting process makes much more sense. This is why I have started Easy MBA Admit - An Admissions Consulting service for the people, by the people. Why should you be interested? Here's why:

1. The most affordable admissions consulting service with services starting at $100 (mostly to cover operational expenses) - because we believe more in paying it forward and helping future MBA aspirants rather than making huge profits.

2. All services offered by recent alumni/current students from top B Schools like INSEAD, LBS, CBS, Kellogg, Stern, IESE, Wharton, etc. motivated by goodwill and who were in your shoes not too long ago and hence know how best to position your application.

3. Proud to say that so far we have had a 100% success record at placing aspirants in their target schools. Examples include INSEAD, LBS, IESE, HEC Paris, CBS, Wharton, Kellogg, Stern, NUS, NTU and more

4. Get your Free Intro Call (https://www.easymbaadmit.com/services-1/free-intro-call) with no obligations attached. If you do book any of our services we have a money back guarantee in case you don't like the service.

Website - https://www.easymbaadmit.com
Email - easymbaadmit@gmail.com

Current Student
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Anderson '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Information Technology (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 03:30
abhinay.anand wrote:
Also, the ones who got invited for AD - do they invite you at the end of the interview itself or an email is sent out later with the invitation?

I got an invitation to the AD the day after my interview. Hope that helps! I was also invited to the one in Singapore, which makes sense since I'm based in India. It is definitely based on location (ergo convenience).
Current Student
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 05:32
Just got Miriam's invite for assessment day in Singapore. Hope to see you guys there.
Manager
Manager
Schools: LBS '18 (S)

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 06:28
Just got the invite for the assessment day as well!
Current Student
Schools: IESE '18 (A)

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 07:43
Has anyone received an invite to an AD in either NYC or Barcelona? So far seems like Singapore invites only
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Other
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 07:49
Slightly off current topic, but anybody out there who still has a 'manage'?
Aargh, this wait is really frustrating.
Also, what do the timestamps below the status indicate? Mine says 11th october though i submitted it before the 1st October deadline and got a mail from Miriam on the 6th. This is weird.
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 08:31
loki2686 wrote:
Also, what do the timestamps below the status indicate? Mine says 11th october though i submitted it before the 1st October deadline and got a mail from Miriam on the 6th. This is weird.

I've got the same details on my app. Don't know what the date indicates.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 10:22
loki2686 wrote:

Same for me. Submitted the application on 1st of October, got a mail from Miriam on the 6th and date submitted is showing 11th October 2015. And my status is manage.
No idea what to do...
Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Information Technology (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 13:53
brobeedle wrote:

My interviewer Joe had clearly told me that there is only 1 AD in Asia. However, he also told me that IESE doesn't expect everyone to travel to Singapore for AD and that not attending it wouldn't hamper your chances
Current Student
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 01:11
ptecks wrote:
loki2686 wrote:

Same for me. Submitted the application on 1st of October, got a mail from Miriam on the 6th and date submitted is showing 11th October 2015. And my status is manage.
No idea what to do...

Ptecks, can't really tell coz iese send out invites different time according to the applicant's region
Current Student
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2015, 03:05
Got an AD invite yesterday to Singapore too. See you guys on 28th! Any idea what to prepare for the AD?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 10:40
Sorry for spamming this thread guys but congratulations to the ones who are through and the ones who are still being 'Manage'd, I am sure you can understand my anxiety.
Anybody who has received a ding so far? Haven't heard that on this thread. Will they directly release the reject list at one go on the 11th December?
Besides, from my random survey and knowledge gathering, Delhi is the only Indian city where interviews have been conducted. Is there a soul from Mumbai or Bangalore that has received an invite? This bit is just a tad too critical for my liking. Any help will be sincerely appreciated guys. Thanks :)
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2015, 11:06
loki2686 wrote:
Sorry for spamming this thread guys but congratulations to the ones who are through and the ones who are still being 'Manage'd, I am sure you can understand my anxiety.
Anybody who has received a ding so far? Haven't heard that on this thread. Will they directly release the reject list at one go on the 11th December?
Besides, from my random survey and knowledge gathering, Delhi is the only Indian city where interviews have been conducted. Is there a soul from Mumbai or Bangalore that has received an invite? This bit is just a tad too critical for my liking. Any help will be sincerely appreciated guys. Thanks :)

Not sure about when the dings come out, but I'm in Bangalore at the moment and I had an interview via video conference. Your stats look good and unless your essays were entirely off-base, I would think you'd receive an invite. November 28th is Assessment Day in Singapore, so there is plenty of time for you to be interviewed and then invited. Don't get too anxious just yet!
Manager
Manager
“Leaders are not born, they are made” – Professor Yuan Liao  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2015, 06:01
FROM IESE MBA Director's Blog: “Leaders are not born, they are made” – Professor Yuan Liao
Professor Yuan (Echo) Liao is an assistant professor in IESE’s Department of Managing People in Organizations. She holds a PhD in international business from the Beedie School of Business at Simon...

Click on the headline to read more
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Current Student
B
Status: I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul!!
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 00:11
I have received an invite for AD on Nov 13th in Barcelona. I have seen few people updating their status on AD as well. However I am a little confused about the invitation for Barcelona, as I am based in Singapore.

Is everyone planning to attend the AD in Barcelona?

Anyone planning to travel from Singapore or nearby? How about if we plan to travel together? Have you guys started booking the tickets for Barcelona yet?

The tickets are really expensive with such a short lead time. I am really pressed for time. Any informational help would be highly appreciated.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 01:10
jeetparicha85 wrote:
I have received an invite for AD on Nov 13th in Barcelona. I have seen few people updating their status on AD as well. However I am a little confused about the invitation for Barcelona, as I am based in Singapore.

Is everyone planning to attend the AD in Barcelona?

Anyone planning to travel from Singapore or nearby? How about if we plan to travel together? Have you guys started booking the tickets for Barcelona yet?

The tickets are really expensive with such a short lead time. I am really pressed for time. Any informational help would be highly appreciated.

That seems weird, I would contact them letting them know that you are based in Singapore. I think it might be a glitch in their system.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 01:13
On a slightly different note, I mailed IESE regarding the status of my application and I received an almost spontaneous generic reply stating that my application was complete, they will be evaluating it soon and will reach out with next steps in the next few weeks. Doesn't alleviate my anxiety a great deal but its still better than a ding. So guys like me, who are still stuck on 'Manage' without an email, stay positive. There should be some news coming our way soon.
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! &nbs [#permalink] 02 Nov 2015, 01:13

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14    Next  [ 269 posts ] 

Calling all IESE Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap