GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2018, 15:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all IESE Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2015, 07:19
Finally, got invited for interview. Singapore on 25th.
Current Student
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2015, 18:15
Whoever has already done the interview - can you guys share what kind of things were covered?

-
- Abhinay (INSEAD MBA Class of 2017 Dec)

I was in your shoes a couple of years ago when I needed MBA Admissions Consulting services and guidance from current students and alumni but always faced the problem of either the admissions consultants being too expensive to afford or not knowing the right student/alumnus from my target school who can guide me. I graduated recently in Dec 2017 from INSEAD and realized that this needs to change and democratizing the consulting process makes much more sense. This is why I have started Easy MBA Admit - An Admissions Consulting service for the people, by the people. Why should you be interested? Here's why:

1. The most affordable admissions consulting service with services starting at $100 (mostly to cover operational expenses) - because we believe more in paying it forward and helping future MBA aspirants rather than making huge profits.

2. All services offered by recent alumni/current students from top B Schools like INSEAD, LBS, CBS, Kellogg, Stern, IESE, Wharton, etc. motivated by goodwill and who were in your shoes not too long ago and hence know how best to position your application.

3. Proud to say that so far we have had a 100% success record at placing aspirants in their target schools. Examples include INSEAD, LBS, IESE, HEC Paris, CBS, Wharton, Kellogg, Stern, NUS, NTU and more

4. Get your Free Intro Call (https://www.easymbaadmit.com/services-1/free-intro-call) with no obligations attached. If you do book any of our services we have a money back guarantee in case you don't like the service.

Website - https://www.easymbaadmit.com
Email - easymbaadmit@gmail.com

Current Student
B
Status: I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul!!
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Calling all IESE Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2015, 20:09
Hi All,

Just got an interview invite from Miriam. It is scheduled for 26th October in Singapore.

Guys who have already interviewed, or current students and alumni - Can you please share your experiences? What kind of questions / discussion to expect? Will it be mostly related to the application and work experience and information provided in the application, or will there be something else? Please share information on what to expect on the PI day. Also, is there any dress code for the interview? Is business formals expected (suit and tie)? Or just normal work wear (trousers and shirts) suffice?

On a side note, the IESE website mentions that apart from the Personal Interview (PI), there is an Admissions Day round as well. Is AD a progressive round of interview, i.e. only students who clear the PI get an invite for AD? The website mentions that AD is mostly optional, though highly recommended. So does that mean PI is the most important admission round on which the admission decision will be based? Or if I can put it in a slightly different way - can an applicant be denied an admission decision based on performance in the AD round?

Anyone interviewing in Singapore - We can meet up, stay connected and share tips. Please PM me.

Thanks,
Jeet
Manager
Manager
An Amazing Dream: My Experiences at IESE and Yale  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2015, 03:01
FROM IESE MBA Director's Blog: An Amazing Dream: My Experiences at IESE and Yale
A month has passed since I left Barcelona to start my exchange term at Yale’s School of Management (SOM). Anyone who knows me will tell you that leaving Barcelona and IESE to start a new adventure in...

Click on the headline to read more
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.63
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2015, 07:22
jeetparicha85 wrote:
Hi All,

Just got an interview invite from Miriam. It is scheduled for 26th October in Singapore.

Guys who have already interviewed, or current students and alumni - Can you please share your experiences? What kind of questions / discussion to expect? Will it be mostly related to the application and work experience and information provided in the application, or will there be something else? Please share information on what to expect on the PI day. Also, is there any dress code for the interview? Is business formals expected (suit and tie)? Or just normal work wear (trousers and shirts) suffice?

On a side note, the IESE website mentions that apart from the Personal Interview (PI), there is an Admissions Day round as well. Is AD a progressive round of interview, i.e. only students who clear the PI get an invite for AD? The website mentions that AD is mostly optional, though highly recommended. So does that mean PI is the most important admission round on which the admission decision will be based? Or if I can put it in a slightly different way - can an applicant be denied an admission decision based on performance in the AD round?

Anyone interviewing in Singapore - We can meet up, stay connected and share tips. Please PM me.

Thanks,
Jeet

Hi Jeet

Congratulation on your interview invite.

I would recommend you to go to the blog clearadmit to see past interview questions as they have a decent database of interview questions.

AD is part of the admission process in the sense that it gives you the ability to demonstrate your interest in the program. It also presents you the opportunity to make a stronger case for your candidacy. I have read up extensively about the process and it looks like an applicant can be denied based on the performance in the AD. However, this is rare and I would encourage you to participate in it if you can.
In the past all students who got PI got invited to AD as well. Maybe things are different this year but there are no indications towards that. I would expect you to get your AD info after your PI.

All the best.

Aditya

PS: All info presented here is based on my research and understanding of the program and does not directly quote anyone.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Other
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2015, 22:28
Status still says 'manage'. The 2 weeks to get back have elapsed. Should i still stay hopeful?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2015, 07:03
loki2686 wrote:
Status still says 'manage'. The 2 weeks to get back have elapsed. Should i still stay hopeful?

I would not worry about it too much. B Schools get slammed with applications at this time of the year. 2 weeks is a rough timeline anyway.

Stay hopeful and all the best.

Aditya
Current Student
B
Status: I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul!!
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2015, 21:45
Aditya3110 wrote:
jeetparicha85 wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks,
Jeet

Hi Jeet

Congratulation on your interview invite.

I would recommend you to go to the blog clearadmit to see past interview questions as they have a decent database of interview questions.

AD is part of the admission process in the sense that it gives you the ability to demonstrate your interest in the program. It also presents you the opportunity to make a stronger case for your candidacy. I have read up extensively about the process and it looks like an applicant can be denied based on the performance in the AD. However, this is rare and I would encourage you to participate in it if you can.
In the past all students who got PI got invited to AD as well. Maybe things are different this year but there are no indications towards that. I would expect you to get your AD info after your PI.

All the best.

Aditya

PS: All info presented here is based on my research and understanding of the program and does not directly quote anyone.

Hey Aditya,

Thank you very much for the info. That kind of allays certain doubts. I will try to look up Clear Admit Blogs, thank you for suggesting that.

Are you in for IESE as well? When is your interview scheduled, or are you already done with the process? Can you please share your experience, if possible?
Manager
Manager
B
Affiliations: CIPS
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2015, 23:12
I had a video conference interview with Bruno, an associate director of admissions, last day. It was a pleasant experience.

He went through my application and CV in detail prior to the interview. Most of the questions were based on his observation from these documents.
Manager
Manager
“Enjoy the Career Forum and make the maximum of what it has to offer”   [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2015, 05:01
FROM IESE MBA Director's Blog: “Enjoy the Career Forum and make the maximum of what it has to offer” – Nico van den Brink, Director of MBA Career Services
IESE’s MBA Career Forum is one of Europe’s leading MBA recruiting events. Twice a year, many of the world’s leading businesses come to IESE´s Barcelona Campus to find corporate interns and full-time...

Click on the headline to read more
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2015, 11:26
Has anybody in LatAm had their interview yet?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2015, 11:33
AlejandroCL wrote:
Has anybody in LatAm had their interview yet?

I am curious as to when the decisions for interviews go out for everyone. It looks like only a handful of people have heard back. has anyone had any contact with Adcom yet. I am planning on emailing them tomorrow asking them when to expect an answer.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2015, 19:05
Guys, has anyone got interview invite in the US?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2015, 02:53
Curious to know if the invites are location based. A lot of people in Singapore got invites last week. Ditto with Delhi. Dont know if somebody from Mumbai or Bangalore have received invites. Mine still says 'manage'.
If anyone plans to write a mail and hears back from adcom, kindly post it here to allay anxiety.
Thanks
Current Student
Schools: IESE '18 (A)

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2015, 07:41
From the US here - got interview invite on Oct 15
Manager
Manager
Schools: LBS '18 (S)

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2015, 04:38
Got an interview invite a week ago for R1 - my interview is tomorrow evening :)
Current Student
Schools: IESE '18 (A)

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2015, 16:58
Does anyone who's gone through the interview mind sharing their experience? For instance, how long it was and what kind of questions were asked. I have my interview/campus visit on October 30th in Barcelona and am just curious as to how to best prepare.
Thanks.
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2015, 21:03
Hey guys - Sorry for joining in late here. I'm from India and I too am done with my interview. Overall the questions were very conversational and free flowing. There weren't any questions designed to make you feel stressed.

1. Introduce yourself.
2. Specific incidents from your past which have made an impact on your life or has transformed your thinking.
3. Career goals - short term and long term goals.
4. What other schools are you applying to?
5. Why IESE, why MBA now?
6. Challenges you've faced at work.
7. Cultural diversity experience at work.
8. Preferred location to work post MBA?
9. Questions from my side?
10. Briefed me about the next steps in the process.

Overall, it was a pleasant discussion. It lasted for a little more than an hour. Hope this helps those who are yet to have their interviews.

Also, I got invited to the Assessment Day on 28th Nov. at Singapore. Anyone else from India on the same boat?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2015, 22:32
Blaugrana wrote:
Hey guys - Sorry for joining in late here. I'm from India and I too am done with my interview. Overall the questions were very conversational and free flowing. There weren't any questions designed to make you feel stressed.

1. Introduce yourself.
2. Specific incidents from your past which have made an impact on your life or has transformed your thinking.

Overall, it was a pleasant discussion. It lasted for a little more than an hour. Hope this helps those who are yet to have their interviews.

Also, I got invited to the Assessment Day on 28th Nov. at Singapore. Anyone else from India on the same boat?

Hi blaugrana, thanks for the info. Where did you have your interview in India?
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2015, 22:39
loki2686 wrote:
Blaugrana wrote:

1. Introduce yourself.

Hi blaugrana, thanks for the info. Where did you have your interview in India?

It was at Delhi; with an admissions staff.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! &nbs [#permalink] 24 Oct 2015, 22:39

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14    Next  [ 272 posts ] 

Calling all IESE Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap