Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:22 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [2]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 229
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016 [#permalink]
ankitaprsd wrote:
Hi,

I wish to apply in ISB (2015) probably R2. I havnt started filling the online application. Could you let me know how much time should i keep aside for it, what all things are included in the online application?
Could some one give an idea how elaborate the form is?

Thanks in Advance.

Filling the application can take around 2 days to a week. But, this is considering that you have written your essays and your evaluators are done with the recommendations. It is these things that take up months of time. Writing your essays can be the biggest time taking task on your application. Followed closely by ensuring that your evaluators give you a good recommendation (they might ask you for many inputs - your CV, update on projects, other parts of application etc.).
Of course, this assumes that your GMAT is out of the way - you could take it on the last day of the applications, but dont do so!

So to summarize: minus your essays, evaluations and GMAT, I'd set aside at least a week.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
ankitaprsd wrote:
Hi,

I wish to apply in ISB (2015) probably R2. I havnt started filling the online application. Could you let me know how much time should i keep aside for it, what all things are included in the online application?
Could some one give an idea how elaborate the form is?

Thanks in Advance.

I secong gmatbugsme84.

But first things first. Create an ID on the ISB portal and go through the application form.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hello Guys,

Thank you for attending recent chat session. For those who could attend the event, the chat transcript has been posted here. calling-all-isb-applicants-2015-intake-class-of-170219.html#p1356136

Regards,
Narenn
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: ISB '16 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V34
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi,

Can you please evaluate my profile and let me know what are my chances of getting admitted into ISB or rather do I stand a good chance to apply fr ISB 2015-2016 batch

GMAT score - 700 (QA/VA - 49/34)
10th - 73.8% ISC Board
12th - 81.8% ISC Board
B.E. - 8.36 CGPA from BIT, Durg, Chhattisgarh.
Work ex - 3.7 years in IT SERVICES. One year onsite in Australia.

Nature of my work -

1. I have been involved in Development role from past 3.7 years and I deal with middleware technologies.
2. I have received highest rating as well as award for my work while I was at onshore.
3. My work required continuous interaction with client and requirement gathering.
4. I used to pass on the same information to my offshore team and then co-ordinate with them/lead them to make sure that projects were delivered on time and requirements were met.
5. I scored a perfect 5 pointer in my training days.

Position of responsibilities-

1. Was the head boy of my school in 11th standard.
2. Held the position of Prime Minister of my school cabinet in 12th standard.
3. Conducted state level competitions while I was in college.
4. I have managed a team of 6 people while working in Australia. This tenure also included continuous client interaction on behalf of team Infosys. I was a system engineer then and carried out a role way beyond my area of consideration
5. Right now I am a Technical Analyst and lead a team of 8 people.

Extra-curricular activities/Achievements-

1. Right from my school days I have won many debate/ extempore competitions.
2. I have won state level Ad-making competition. The concept of ad was mine as well as i played a character in that. Apart from this I have won multiple college level competitions in ad-making. I was known in college to create rhymes, and was trusted with making tag lines for various competitions. I wrote down introductory lines for all my seniors during their farewell, a testament of my rhyming skills.
3. I have won several state level/college level competitions in Extempore and quite a few in debates at college level.
4. I have been a host at many cultural events in my college that included impromptu anchoring with no prior notice.
5. I have won a state level group dance competition and have participated in many of them
6. I have represented my branch in one of the inter branch competitions as captain and our team managed to secure 3rd position out of 11 teams.
7. At my workplace i am the organiser of parties and I am part of fun management team.
8. I am part of Dance club at my workplace but due to my work commitments I am a bit irregular to it.
9. I have received accolades for my work in form of client appreciation and an organisation level award.

Please let me know if any more details are required.
Should i go for reattempt or my GMAT score is good enough to get me a seat in ISB.

Thanks and Regards,
Devashish
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 431 [0]
Given Kudos: 131
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM ISB PGP Admissions Director Blog: The Indian MBA: The Benefits of B-School in an Emerging Economy.
Poised for superpower status in the 21st century, India’s emerging economy is predicted by many to become the world’s largest within the next century. A massive democratic population, entrepreneurial spirit, and resource-conscience country, India — thanks to the promise of a stable government and analysts remaining bullish on the equity market — has the potential to rapidly grow its economy while others stagnate. And as the anticipated “Indian Century” gathers momentum, India’s business schools — along with B-schools of other emerging economies — offer aspiring global leaders the unprecedented opportunity to gain unique insights on the fast-growing economy.

The Rise of the Indian B-School

As India’s leading business school, the Indian School of Business (ISB) is well-positioned on the international B-school scene. The stats speak for themselves: in 2014, we achieved record numbers in everything from domestic and international salaries to unprecedented employment offers from Fortune 500 companies including technology and consulting innovators such as Apple, Facebook, Google and Microsoft. A staggering 423 companies (an increase of 21 percent from the prior year) recruited on campus, and the majority of students not only had numerous interviews, but also received multiple offers — giving them critical leverage when negotiating with potential employers.

The fact that ISB is a mere 13 years old and became India’s first AACSB-accredited B-school makes our success even more remarkable. Further enhancing ISB in both reputation and practical relevance are our associations with world-renowned B-schools across the globe, including Wharton, Kellogg and the London Business School. With an increasing number of Indian B-schools expected to receive accreditation and explore similar partnerships in the near future, the shift from a domestic to global viewpoint is well underway.

Marketability in the Global Economy

And with that shift comes the enhanced commodity of international faculty and students: as the Indian higher education sector explodes, a diverse student body is increasingly imperative. At ISB, we have our pick of extremely talented and well-trained students, thanks to an admissions yield of 85 percent; this is fast approaching the 90 percent seen at elite institutions such as Harvard and Stanford.

Grads of B-schools in emerging economies are also in great demand when they hit the workforce. Today’s employers are not only looking for the cream of the crop; they’re also in search of future business leaders with international perspectives. Diversity is imperative, and an international education vastly boosts marketability. Furthermore, Indian B-schools offer students the chance to develop expertise in specialized industry and functional majors so they’re prepared to hit the ground running.

In short, job seekers who want their resumes shuffled to the top of the pile should seek out ways to show their diverse viewpoint, and international study offers exactly that. In conjunction with India’s rising economic star status, the country’s B-school graduates are particularly sought after.

Return on Investment

An added benefit of attending business school in India? The potential return on investment is huge – particularly when you factor in the reasonable cost of living and low tuition fees compared to B-schools in other desirable locations, such as the U.S. and the U.K. And because Indian B-school grads are in such great demand, their earning potential is equally significant.

While India might not come immediately to mind when it comes to business schools, it may in the very near future. Students savvy enough to pursue higher education opportunities in India can gain a valuable global perspective… and a critical leading edge.

Sources:

https://poetsandquants.com/2014/02/24/at-indias-leading-business-school-the-…

https://www.find-mba.com/mba-blog/2011/12/23/in-india-business-schools-on-th…

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hello Friends,

Please provide me profile evaluation :

GMAT Score : 690 (Q46, V 38, IR 1 ( this came as a shocker to me, never scored this low even in mocks !!! AWA : awaited )

10th : 86.5% (Maharashtra State Board)
12th : 84.5 % (Maharashtra State Board)
BE Mechanical Engg from VIT, Pune. Aggregate of four years : 60.21 %
WE : 53 months.
First 32 months with a Tata group company in auto component manufacturing industry. I was in Strategic Sourcing function. It was a techno-commercial job which involved managing complete supply chain of auto components (annual volume : 2 Lakhs unit) from India to a Europe. "New Product Development" was a significant part of my job. Have actually worked on shop-floor of many small Indian manufacturers (who were my suppliers) and have very good knowledge of various manufacturing and quality processes.
Since last 21 months I have been working with a Godrej group company. Here the role is more commercial however the job is more strategic because of very high scales of operation. Responsible for total commodity purchases (metals, polymers and chemicals) worth Rs 400 Crs (that's a huge buy-value for a guy with mere 4.5 years of experience). Job also involves significant monitoring of global economic events which affect Indian Rupee and global commodities prices. New product development remains the same.

EC :
1. (I am not sure whether this will be considered under EC) : Since last 2 and half years, I have been a very active stock market trader (events oriented trading in options). Learnt about all trading instruments (cash and derivatives) on my own. Have done significant study of various technical indicators and chart reading techniques. This is my biggest passion. Recently I have started an offline forum to educate people about stock market and various instruments available to them. This is purely educational forum. Soon will be launching my own website to take forward on a bigger scale (I don't intend to make money on it though).
2. I have been playing guitar since last 7 years. Have participated in couple of shows with a small band. Used to teach guitar to beginners (almost for 6 moths). Completed grade 1 exam of Trinity School of Music, London. Free-lance guitarist since last 4 years.
3. Represented my company in "Tata Business Leadership Award" in year 2012. Our team was selected in top 8 from Western Zone.
4. Couple of awards for outstanding contributions to New Product Development.
5. Won a national level technical event during graduation. This was related to developing an innovative product with maximum number of energy conversions.
6. Won many state level competitive exams securing ranks in top 10 at district level (school level achievements).

I have already had a counselling call with ISB team. I was worried about my low IR score. However, the guy said ISB wont consider IR score hence I need not worry about it. However, I am still anxious since the score is least possible you could get in IR...

Your valuable feedbacks will highly be appreciated.

Regards,
Vaibhav
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
A good thing to incorporate in the essays.
Try to plug these in about how you can give back to ISB.

ISB Stuents Clubs
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 3156 [0]
Given Kudos: 322
Concentration: General Management, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.7
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Folks,

I need honest answers on this one.

Brief Profile:

Work:
Total Exp: 4 years 8 months (I.T. product experience)
International Exp: 2 years 1 month and going on (Emerging Market: South Africa)

Professional Achievements:
Appreciated twice by senior colleagues whilst onsite assignment
Best team award in the whole business unit
Note of appreciation as a team by the client for different assignments/projects
Note of appreciation for my contribution to work by the client
Noted by senior management as good performer and was sent to international assignment.

Extra-curricular:
Frequent blood donor. (I know that doesn't count)
Participated in IT boot camps for children in South Africa
Completed two internal business domain certifications with 'A' grade
Adventure sports: Sky Dive,Zip Slide, and Zip lining
Avid traveler : Have traveled to most parts of South Africa, and now planning to cover Mozambique.
Hobbies: Photography, traveling, and adventure sports

Curricular:
10: 72%
12: 77.6%
B.Tech: 8.05/10

Sports Achievements:
Basketball:Represented Rajasthan in National Level tournament in 2002 and won Bronze medal. I was selected in national camp too in this tournament for outstanding performance.

Netball:Represented Rajasthan in tournament in 2004 and won Gold medal.

Intra sports (2009): First position in intra-basketball tournament and won best player award.

Basketball (2005-2009): Represented university in various inter-university tournaments.

Sports Without awards:

Volleball: Represented school in C.B.S.E events (till 2004)
Athletics: Represented school in C.B.S.E events (till 2004)
Volleyball: Stood 4th as a team in intra mural sport event (2009)

Extra curricular College:
Event organizer for an event which happened for the very first time in India
Participated in various events held at N.I.T. Trichy and I.I.T Chennai
Participated in paper presentation held by I.I.T Chennai
Executive member of the EIE department club
Cleared GATE-2008 with 95 %ile
Cleared written entrance tests of BARC/GAIL/SAIL

Above is my "above average" profile.

GMAT1:630
GMAT2:680

My doubts relevant to ISB application is whether I should retake GMAT and go with the Nov deadline or I should apply in September deadline itself.

Please suggest.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ankur, did you reply to my post or to Devashish's ?

If to mine, which '"good point" you are referring to ?

I didn't get your reply completely hence I am asking.

Regards,
Vaibhav
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
vaibhavb wrote:

Regards,
Vaibhav

Neither, I think :-D

I think he is referring to using the clubs at ISB as a way of giving back to the ISB community.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Good evening,

I am interested in knowing my chances of making it to the interviews with the following profile.

Age - 24
Nationality - Indian
Profession - Chartered accountant
Work experience - 25 months as on date
Position - Senior associate
Current employer - PwC
Previous employer - KPMG
GMAT score - 670

Do i stand a fair chance in applying to ISB?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
vaibhavb wrote:

Regards,
Vaibhav

Neither, I think :-D

I think he is referring to using the clubs at ISB as a way of giving back to the ISB community.

Lolz... may be you r right..!!!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Send PM
I mentioned the clubs to incorporate in the essays.
Profile evaluation is a big task and i do not think I am qualified enough to do one :D
BTW have my TOEFL tomorrow :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ankurgupta03 wrote:
Profile evaluation is a big task and i do not think I am qualified enough to do one :D

All the best for your TOEFL
MBA Blogger
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [1]
Given Kudos: 59
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: NTU '19
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
ankurgupta03 wrote:

All the best for TOEFL!! :thumbup:
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [3]
Given Kudos: 97
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
So which cycle is better for ISB... R1 or R2?

Technically speaking more applications come in R2 with higher GMAT scores so it looks like a disadvantage but if you look at the stats of at least last year the school got around 2000 applications in R2 and made 572 offers but in R1 the school got over 1100 applications and made only 187.

What makes it even more fuzzy is the R1 Waiting List of 150 to 200 candidates.

So it is very difficult to tell if probability wise R1 is better than R2.

However some data I have managed to collect does suggest that certain types of profiles would find R2 more favorable than R1 an then there are others for whom it is the other way around.

For Example A CA or a Doc would find the going easier in R1 as compared to R2 where as candidates from PSUs with higher GMAT and Women with even below avg GMAT will find it easier in R2. Unfortunately for the infamous Indian IT Male - AVG (or IIM A) category if does not make a difference when they apply.

Totally confusing ... Right???

So don't bother ... Apply when you are fully ready!

Llewellyn Desouza

Principal Consultant Hash

in.linkedin.com/pub/llewellyn-desouza/1/6a1/a52/

Originally posted by llewellyn75 on 15 Aug 2014, 21:57.
Last edited by llewellyn75 on 16 Aug 2014, 08:39, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  51   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts