Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 11:07 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 11:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
ISB School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
seeratvedvyas wrote:
dheerajb wrote:
Admitted in Mohali Campus....

Just wanted to understand how much difference campus makes???

Please provide your inputs....

I have the same concern.

As far as the two campus goes, there is not even an iota of difference to things that matter to you as a student.

In terms of facilities, Mohali is a new campus in comparison to Hyderabad one so have better infrastructure. Events are equally distributed for both the campuses. I have heard that student clubs are slightly more active in Mohali (Source: current student at ISB).

Coming to the another main point, Placements, the companies do not get to know from which campus you are. So, its a neutral there.

In my view, it doesnt matter which campus you have been allotted. ISB takes into point all the necessary things like diversity before allotting campus to each one. So, if I were you, will not fret over this issue.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Hey guys, anyone has any idea if we are able to ask for an extension for the initial admission fee payment due on 15th?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
Send PM
Got in Yday! Hyd Campus
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: ISB - Class of 2016
Send PM
seeratvedvyas wrote:
dheerajb wrote:

I have the same concern.

ISB strongly believes in one school two campuses concept. It takes all steps to ensure the student life gets the same experience in both the campuses.

If your concern/ query is regarding placements, ISB has a strict non disclosure policy on home campus. Students are not allowed to disclose their campus details to the recruiters through any means whatsoever.

a cent on mohali: Mohali has new infrastructure. But its greatest strength is the bonding among its students. you get too know each and every one in the campus.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kunalarora23 wrote:
seeratvedvyas wrote:
dheerajb wrote:

I have the same concern.

As far as the two campus goes, there is not even an iota of difference to things that matter to you as a student.

In terms of facilities, Mohali is a new campus in comparison to Hyderabad one so have better infrastructure. Events are equally distributed for both the campuses. I have heard that student clubs are slightly more active in Mohali (Source: current student at ISB).

Coming to the another main point, Placements, the companies do not get to know from which campus you are. So, its a neutral there.

In my view, it doesnt matter which campus you have been allotted. ISB takes into point all the necessary things like diversity before allotting campus to each one. So, if I were you, will not fret over this issue.

Thanks Kunal. It helps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MaheshK18 wrote:
seeratvedvyas wrote:
dheerajb wrote:

I have the same concern.

ISB strongly believes in one school two campuses concept. It takes all steps to ensure the student life gets the same experience in both the campuses.

If your concern/ query is regarding placements, ISB has a strict non disclosure policy on home campus. Students are not allowed to disclose their campus details to the recruiters through any means whatsoever.

a cent on mohali: Mohali has new infrastructure. But its greatest strength is the bonding among its students. you get too know each and every one in the campus.

Thanks Mahesh.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.37
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
I just read this on ISB's wikipedia page in the accreditation section.

"However, because ISB PGP is not recognized as MBA or Post Graduate Degree/Diploma by AICTE unlike the PGDM offered by the IIMs, authorities outside India do not recognize ISB PGP as an equivalent of MBA and hence do not consider the same as Advanced degree. As an illustration, someone who has a four years bachelor's degree and one year ISB PGP would still be considered a Bachelor's degree holder by US Citizenship and Immigration Services for US Visa and Green Card purposes."

How much of a bearing would this have if I want to pursue opportunities in the US or elsewhere in the future (admitted to co2017-18)
ISB School Moderator
Send PM
niksguitar wrote:
I just read this on ISB's wikipedia page in the accreditation section.

"However, because ISB PGP is not recognized as MBA or Post Graduate Degree/Diploma by AICTE unlike the PGDM offered by the IIMs, authorities outside India do not recognize ISB PGP as an equivalent of MBA and hence do not consider the same as Advanced degree. As an illustration, someone who has a four years bachelor's degree and one year ISB PGP would still be considered a Bachelor's degree holder by US Citizenship and Immigration Services for US Visa and Green Card purposes."

How much of a bearing would this have if I want to pursue opportunities in the US or elsewhere in the future (admitted to co2017-18)

Hi,

The best way would be to seek an answer from ISB directly either through their admin staff or through alumnis (best would be to find alumni based out of US).

My take is that it will not be a major thing given that ISB is accredited by AACSB which is a well known accreditation in world b-schools. However, being said that, your is a very technical point specific to visa issues which I am not in a best position to answer. Any experts here are welcome to answer.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
WE:Project Management (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Dinged! But got into Oxford Said :) oh well, good luck to everyone!
ISB School Moderator
Send PM
Jayanth2689 wrote:

Congrats Jayanth. Any specific reasons for applying to only UK based b-schools apart from ISB?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congratulations to all admitted friends..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Can you please evaluate my profile.
i am Gautam Malhotra residing in India
GMAT : 650
Undergraduate degree: Marine engineering
undergraduate university : Bits, Pilani
GPA : 9.22/10 or 4/4
I am sailing as a chief engineer on board oil tanker ships. (Merchant Navy officer)
i have 11 yrs of work experience
Please evaluate and give me an honest opinion whether i should go with my present score for application process or retake GMAT .

Your valuable inputs awaited Thanks in advance.
Regards
Gautam Malhotra
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
WE:Project Management (Venture Capital)
Send PM
kunalarora23 wrote:
Jayanth2689 wrote:

Congrats Jayanth. Any specific reasons for applying to only UK based b-schools apart from ISB?

Heya! My background is in social impact/impact investing and I would like to get back to the workplace at the latest. In that regard EU/UK programs (aside from ISB) were a great fit!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 133
Concentration: Finance, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Admitted guys,

Join the Co2017 FB group, if you have not already. Very good place to stay connected and get latest updates about ISB, loans, meets.

Please mail your offer letter/email to isbpgpclassof2017@gmail.com for verification and send add request at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1565647320351487/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
I paid my admission deposit today and received an "Amount of Dues Paid" e-mail but, nothing after that. What other communication should I be expecting from ISB over the next few days?

I know that the new admits are supposed to get access to the New Admits Portal. Any idea by when we can expect to receive that?

Posted from my mobile device
ISB School Moderator
Send PM
gautammalhotra5 wrote:
Can you please evaluate my profile.
i am Gautam Malhotra residing in India
GMAT : 650
Undergraduate degree: Marine engineering
undergraduate university : Bits, Pilani
GPA : 9.22/10 or 4/4
I am sailing as a chief engineer on board oil tanker ships. (Merchant Navy officer)
i have 11 yrs of work experience
Please evaluate and give me an honest opinion whether i should go with my present score for application process or retake GMAT .

Your valuable inputs awaited Thanks in advance.
Regards
Gautam Malhotra

Hi Gautam,

Applying at a score of 650 to ISB is like playing poker. You would also need a lot of luck to get through ISB (along with strong essays, good reco and a good interview). Let me point out +ves/-ves below (although self explanatory from what you have written).

Positives: 1. Good experience with field work exposure.
2. Strong acads (this could actually be a nullifying factor in case you go ahead with the same score).
3. Probably would add to diversity with something fresh/different to add in the class room.

Negatives: 1. Low GMAT score (could be read very low as the average is 710 at ISB).
2. Slightly uncomfortable window of more than 10 years of experience (average age of the batch at ISB is 28-29 with around 3-5 years of experience).

Cann't comment: Extra curricular

Other things on which your application would depend will be your essays and recommendation. How your portray yourself through essays and how strongly you can justify the reasons for pursuing MBA at this point of your career will be very important as you are not the going for MBA at usual stage of 3-6 years of experience which is 'generally saying', easy to justify.

As you are applying for 2018 batch, you have lot of time at hand. My take do not leave things for chances/luck and retake your GMAT to improve your chances (like for anything we do in life, improve!).

Best of luck!
ISB School Moderator
Send PM
Hi,

Thought would share with you all who got a ding for this admission cycle. I contacted the admission team to get any kind of feedback on my interview and application. Yesterday they replied saying that we can connect with them in May to get any such kind of feedback.

So all those who are thinking of reapplying next year, same would apply to you all.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts