GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 03 Aug 2020, 06:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all ISB PGP Applicants - (2021 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants - (2021 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2020, 00:42
Profile evaluation request deleted
BSchool Moderator
P
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
Schools: ISB'21
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2020, 01:13
I recommend you talk to an admission consultant and discuss your profile and expectations in details.
There are threads where you can post your debrief/details & get help from admission experts.

pg03 wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me on what went wrong with my application last year. I applied for ISB in 2019 (GRE score of 317) and will be reapplying this year (GMAT yet to appear) . I have strong acads with a CGPA of 9.11 and a work experience of around 4 years in IT as a software engineer.

Any suggestions on how can I improve my application for this year to ensure an interview call atleast?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2020, 02:08
pg03 wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me on what went wrong with my application last year. I applied for ISB in 2019 (GRE score of 317) and will be reapplying this year (GMAT yet to appear) . I have strong acads with a CGPA of 9.11 and a work experience of around 4 years in IT as a software engineer.

Any suggestions on how can I improve my application for this year to ensure an interview call atleast?

Hi pg03,

Even though your CGPA is good, a GRE score of 317 is OK and not that great. That said, your acads and GMAT is just one component of your application. Your quality of work experience, extra-curricular activities, essays play an equally important role.

We can certainly help you evaluate your profile but we need more information to evaluate it holistically. We request you to please PM us for the same.

Regards,
Team MBA Sorting Hat
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2020, 02:26
I am not able to register on ISB PGP application page. Has anyone registered yet?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2020, 02:28
Surbhi111822 wrote:
I am not able to register on ISB PGP application page. Has anyone registered yet?

It's not yet open. Will be enabled later this week
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.04
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2020, 03:31
Hi all, I am Kayalvizhi. I had applied to IIM A, B, C and ISB and got interview calls from all in my first attempt. I joined IIM A PGPX in 2019. Leveraging my experience, I have been consulting people for their essays, interview prep and application process at a nominal fees. Reach out to me at kayalkarthik91@gmail.com if you need help.

You can connect with me on Linkedin at https://www.linkedin.com/in/kayalvizhi-karthikeyan/
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2020, 04:43
elPatron434 wrote:
Welcome, all ISB class of 2022 hopefuls. Let's use this platform to know each other, exchange ideas, discuss app strategies? Who all are applying? Let us know by commenting below. Join ISB chat

ISB in MBA Spotlight

The ISB Deadline for R1 is 20 Sep 2020

The following are the essay prompts for this year's admission cycle

Essay 1: Describe with examples the most important personal quality that you possess that significantly enhances your prospects of being successful as a leader?
(400 words max)
Essay 2: What are your short term and long term career goals? How will Post Graduate Program at ISB assist you in achieving your goals. (400 words max)

Can you please share the link where I can see these essays & the round 1 dates ?
I cant seem to find them on ISB's website as of 24th june

MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GRE 1: Q168 V154

GRE 2: Q169 V152
GPA: 3.44
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2020, 05:49
Hi Everyone,

ISB application is open. I was able to register. The deadline for Round 1 is September 20th.

Essay 1
Describe with examples the most important personal quality that you possess that significantly enhances your prospects of being successful as a leader? (400 words max)

Essay 2
What are your short term and long term career goals? How will Post Graduate Program at ISB assist you in achieving your goals? (400 words max)

B
WE: General Management (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2020, 22:00
workout wrote:
Hi Everyone,

ISB application is open. I was able to register. The deadline for Round 1 is September 20th.

Essay 1
Describe with examples the most important personal quality that you possess that significantly enhances your prospects of being successful as a leader? (400 words max)

Essay 2
What are your short term and long term career goals? How will Post Graduate Program at ISB assist you in achieving your goals? (400 words max)

Thanks for the update workout
Looks like ISB has kept the short term vs long term essay from last year.
The personal quality question seems to be new. If I remember correctly, last year's essay was on the lines of "Why you should be one of 900 students in the class of 2021?"
Any tips for dealing with Essay 1- what sort of examples to highlight, is it similar to the question about what's your greatest strength etc.
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2020, 22:07
manu595 wrote:

The personal quality question seems to be new. If I remember correctly, last year's essay was on the lines of "Why you should be one of 900 students in the class of 2021?"
Any tips for dealing with Essay 1- what sort of examples to highlight, is it similar to the question about what's your greatest strength etc.

Hey manu595

Check the following post. You can see some essay analysis done by admissions consultants.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/2021-22-mba- ... l#p2551838
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2020, 23:02
Can you please share the link !! Unable to find it on the isb website !!!

Intern
Intern
B
WE: General Management (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2020, 23:12
KrantiD wrote:
Can you please share the link !! Unable to find it on the isb website !!!

You can find it here:
https://www.isb.edu/pgp/admissions/apply-online
BSchool Moderator
S
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GRE 1: Q165 V160
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2020, 08:19
Thank You S4G for this detailed summary!
S4G wrote:
For its flagship Post-Graduate Program (PGP) in Management, ISB recently conducted its first ever “digital info session” for the prospective applicants. During the session, the admissions and placements teams covered the following key topics:

Application Deadlines
    Application Process Overview
    PGP Structure for class of 2021

Application Deadlines
There is a slight change in ISB’s application deadlines this year compared with previous years. Until 2019, the application portal went live mid-June with application deadlines being around 15 Septmber, 15 December and 5 January for Round 1, Round 2 and Round 3, respectively.

For this year, ISB's application portal is now live with 20th Sep 2020 as the R1 deadline. ISB would announce the Round 2 application deadlines after a few weeks (tentative for December 2020 /January 2021) and there might not be an Round 3 this year.

ISB Application Process Overview

There’s no change in the application process. ISB will now accept online GMAT scores as well and ensure there’s parity in assessment vs the offline/center mode.

Modes of Entry: 2+ years of work experience (as on March 31 2021) for regular applicants; deferred admission for early-entry option (<2 years of work experience as on March 31 2021); Young Leaders Program

Qualities sought: Academic credentials; leadership quotient; personal attributes- overall persona

Recommendation & Essays: The application comprises two essays focusing on uniqueness and career goals. In addition, one recommendation from someone you’ve closely worked with is needed

COVID 19 impact on ISB PGP Class of 2021 (current class)

Due to covid-19, a number of adjustments have been made to the academic calendar for the current class and few of these changes would continue in the future,
Programme commencement from 31st May 2020, instead of the usual mid-April

Online O-week (Orientation week), from 31st May to 15th June
    Digital Headstart Module (DHM) for 10 weeks till 30th August 2020. ISB confirmed that this would continue in the future, albeit for a shorter duration
    Academic: Term 1 online with four core courses in a digital format
    Co-Curricular Activities: Student Engagement & Applied Learning (SEAL) activities and sessions such as alumni connect, learning events, etc.
    Independent Study / Projects: Sessions on JumpStartIndiaisb, wherein this year the students will share recommendations with to various governments for bounce-back of economy

Students will be based on campus from September 1st onwards with activities such as placements and industry treks starting January 2021 onwards
    The class will graduate by 31st May 2021. Hence, we believe that the class of 2022 (2021 intake) could have a DHM in April and May before starting on campus from June 2021

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2020, 12:49
Profile evaluation request deleted
SVP
SVP
V

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2020, 21:09
pg03 wrote:
Hi,

Hi,

There could be several reasons:
1. The GRE score is low and a retake will help.
2. A software engineer's is the most common profile at ISB. With this backdrop, how did you differentiate yourself from other applicants who were in our pool? Essentially this means were you able to demonstrate that you did impactful work, took leadership and brought value to your organization. Mentioning about the impact you created outside work, through your Extra curricular activities can also be a way to differentiate yourself.
Eventually, every business school wants to see what value have you added to your organizations and in what ways can YOU can contribute to their programs, so your insight on these aspects is very important.
3. Writing career goals is an art and many applicants falter there. A few faults are:
a. Goals that are not aspirational (you can get that role/position without an MBA)
b. Goals that are not linked in any way with your work experience so far;
c. no connection between the short term and the long term goal.
d. Goals are not guided by a purpose and the only desire to do an MBA is, well to do an MBA (that may be the case in reality for most applicants, but by implying this, you can not build a strong case for yourself).
4. Lastly, an unenthusiastic recommendation will do no wonders to lift an already sinking ship.

Before you reapply this year, self-reflect. What were the gaps in your application? what efforts dd you make over the past year to grow on those fronts? This growth could be in your career, extra curricular activities, in your personal development. Secondly - think about your career goals. Do they still make sense? Have they evolved because of changing circumstances or because of your increased awareness about yourself and your motivations (through the self reflection)?

The above points will give you a great starting point to think about your application in a new light. Meanwhile, continue the practice for a better GMAT/ GRE score.

Reach out to us for a more in-depth discussion. You can write to me at cotact@mbadecoder.com

MBA Decoder is a team of consultants from LBS, Stanford, Kellogg and INSEAD. Our applicants have studied at Wharton, Stanford, LBS, Kellogg, Tuck, INSEAD, ISB, to name a few. We specialize in building MBA/MS applications from scratch to finish.

Book a FREE profile evaluation with us OR write to us at: contact@mbadecoder.com
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2020, 06:32
MBADecoder

I request you to not evaluate profiles in this topic. There is a separate topic dedicated for profile evaluations. The link is below. This is topic is ONLY for application-related discussions. Thanks.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/profile-eval ... 10934.html
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Jun 2020, 02:02
Hi all,

I am a PGPX alum from IIM A. Applied to ISB and got a call too. Made this video to share my tips on isb application essays.

https://youtu.be/1TJRbau5Btc

Feel free to reach out for your queries
SVP
SVP
P
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 30 Jun 2020, 20:20
Top Contributor
manu595 wrote:
workout wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Essay 1

Essay 2

You can check out our essay analysis here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/isb-essays-2 ... 27486.html

Awesome Work | Honest Advice | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2020, 08:34
Hi Manu595,

Please find a debrief of the essays here : https://gmatclub.com/forum/isb-essay-de ... l#p2557103

All the best!

quote="manu595"]
workout wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Essay 1

Essay 2

Any tips for dealing with Essay 1- what sort of examples to highlight, is it similar to the question about what's your greatest strength etc.[/quote]
V
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2020, 09:30
kkayalvi wrote:
Hi Manu595,

Please find a debrief of the essays here : https://gmatclub.com/forum/isb-essay-de ... l#p2557103

All the best!

quote="manu595"]
workout wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Essay 1

Essay 2

[/quote]

In my opinion, there might be a little difference. There is a very famous saying "not all good managers are great leaders" and "not all great leaders are good managers". So think of something that parallels at least one of the qualities of a great leader.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants - (2021 Intake) Class of 2022   [#permalink] 01 Jul 2020, 09:30

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    Next  [ 194 posts ] 

Calling all ISB PGP Applicants - (2021 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: elPatron434, LeoN88