Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 12:16 It is currently 03 May 2024, 12:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Re: Calling all Johnson(Cornell) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
someone167 wrote:
I see mostly one year results are out. Not many two years.

Also, anyone here who interviewed between 4-15 December?

Not sure if we have more 1-year accepts at this point, but to give you a point of reference, I'm a 2-year R1 applicant and had my interview on December 1. I did not hear back, but I'm hitting the 3-week mark tomorrow.

Some have waited 4+ weeks for their verdict, and others (such as @ChaoticTheory) received their e-mail at 3 weeks. ChaoticTheory is a 1-year admit, so I'm curious to see trends for the 2-year admits (to the admits who are reading this: can you please comment on your interview and admit dates?).

Congratulations to all who have been admitted!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Johnson(Cornell) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
gnahc wrote:
someone167 wrote:

Not sure if we have more 1-year accepts at this point, but to give you a point of reference, I'm a 2-year R1 applicant and had my interview on December 1. I did not hear back, but I'm hitting the 3-week mark tomorrow.

Some have waited 4+ weeks for their verdict, and others (such as @ChaoticTheory) received their e-mail at 3 weeks. ChaoticTheory is a 1-year admit, so I'm curious to see trends for the 2-year admits (to the admits who are reading this: can you please comment on your interview and admit dates?).

Hi gnahc I too interviewed on 30th of November and am a 2-year applicant. Though I haven't heard back . I have seen 2-year applicants report admits of latest date of 25th of November. So I believe for 2-years they are taking more time to roll out decisions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
I interviewed on Dec 10th and my interviewer said I should expect some news in the first week of January. Given this is the holiday season, I suspect most results would be released in Jan.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
gnahc wrote:
someone167 wrote:

I had to wait 4 weeks and 2 days (interviewed on Nov 25th for the 2 year program.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
sourabhsur123 wrote:
gnahc wrote:
someone167 wrote:

Hi gnahc I too interviewed on 30th of November and am a 2-year applicant. Though I haven't heard back . I have seen 2-year applicants report admits of latest date of 25th of November. So I believe for 2-years they are taking more time to roll out decisions.

Best of luck to you sourabhsur123! I will keep you and this board posted of any developments.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Kudos
saugagmatter wrote:
are there any One- Year MBA's who interviewed for R1 and haven't heard back?

Here, had my interview on Dec. 2nd thought so I haven't reached my 3 week mark but I am very anxious, congratulations to those who got admitted!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Information Technology (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Well I had my interview on 19th October for the two year program but haven't heard back. It seems game over for me.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Consumer Products)
Send PM
This wait is killing . I applied in R2 on 17th Nov .. And d status shows under review since ages !!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Send PM
Hi gnahc I too interviewed on 30th of November and am a 2-year applicant. Though I haven't heard back . I have seen 2-year applicants report admits of latest date of 25th of November. So I believe for 2-years they are taking more time to roll out decisions.[/quote]

Best of luck to you sourabhsur123! I will keep you and this board posted of any developments.[/quote]

Thanks a lot gnahc and all the best to you too! :)
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Guys,

I am planning to applying in Round 3. So, wanted your suggestions on how does the school looks at people who apply in the third round. Are they more selective in round 3?

Best
Akshay
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10029 [1]
Given Kudos: 4544
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Guys, Here is summary and transcript of recent Cornell adcom chat.

Good luck to all!

Cornell Team Members Participated in the Chat

• Eddie Asbie (Associate Director of Admissions and Financial Aid)
  • Jade Kinsman (Admissions Representative)
  • Chris Lind (Admissions Manager)
  • Heather Wiese (Admissions Manager)

What aspects of the application require further development if offered waitlist position?

Cornell_Eddie: If on the waitlist, it's important that you self reflect on your application. Think of GMAT, letters of recommendations, etc. How can you improve your application?

When do we start expecting full-fledged round 2 invites roll out?

Cornell_Chris: Round 2 Initial notifications is guaranteed for February 15, 2016. Final decision will sent out rolling after that.

There has been a recent news item on the possibility of various schools merging to form a single management school. Will this affect the MBA class in any way?

Cornell_Chris: From our understanding, the merger should not affect the MBA degree. However, they are in the very early stages of this merger. Information regarding the new College of Business will be released as it comes out.

Many of us have been anxiously awaiting final decisions for Round 1. When will final decisions begin to be released?

Cornell_Jade: Round 1 initial notification decisions were released today, if you interviewed then those final decisions will be released on a rolling basis, with some decisions being released prior to winter break. At the time your final decision is available, you will receive an email notification letting you know when you can then login to your application online and view your decision letter.

Any timeline for Park Fellows who have attended LEAD days?

Cornell_Jade: Regarding post LEAD attendance, you will receive scholarship decisions along with your final admission decision, which will also be released on a rolling basis.

For those interested in the Cayuga Fund is it highly selective or do most who are interested able to participate?

Cornell_Eddie: The Cayuga Fund is very competitive. There will be an application process you will have to go through.

I am interested in real estate investment post MBA and know that Cornell's Baker program in Real Estate is very well-known in the industry. Could you elaborate how can Johnson students strengthen their real estate capabilities?

Cornell_Eddie: Johnson students strengthen their real estate capabilities by taking advanced real estate courses at Johnson or through the Baker Real Estate program or with a dual degree.

Is there a negative "weight" associated with having a single recommendation versus two?

Cornell_Heather: There is no Negative weight on only submitting 1 recommendation letter. Johnson only requires 1 recommendation letter.

I have a question about the "table of contents" essay. Could you please explain in greater detail as what is expected? Only brief summary points without explanation afterwards? Thanks!!

Cornell_Chris: Out Table of Contents essay is your opportunity to highlight your creative side. We have received submission of the Table of Contents essay in essay form, power power-point and video (just to name a few).

Thanks for the response... I'm still a bit confused how a table of contents could be 500 words. Sorry for the confusion, I get the creativity part, but I'm just wondering about detail.

Cornell_Chris: The Table of Contents essay is a creative essay, there is typically no wrong answer. I would to overthink the 500 word maximum.

I have been waitlisted without interview - can you suggest what kind of updates can I provide and how to strengthen my profile?

Cornell_Chris: I would encourage you to look at your application as a whole and try and identify some potential weaknesses. I would also encourage you to compare your current application to the current class profile.

Can I enroll in a Dual degree(Real Estate) for 1 yr MBA candidates? If possible, how long does it take?

Cornell_Jade: The dual degree real estate program is a 3 year program but the MBA program requires two years, you cannot do it in one year.

I would like to know approximately how many students opt for the MBA/MILR program per year and whether you have international students

Cornell_Chris: It varies year to year. On average we have about 5 to 10 MILR/MBA Dual Degree students. Yes, there are international students in the program

Is it possible to sit in at an immersion class once next semester starts? Thanks!

Cornell_Eddie: After the break, you will be able to see what classes are available for a visit. If an immersion is not offered, you can reach out to the faculty lead to see if they are ok with you sitting in on the class

If 2 letters of recommendation have already been submitted, do you accept another letter for waitlisted candidates?

Cornell_Heather: No, you do not need to submit another letter as a waitlisted candidate.

Will wait listed R1 candidates be considered before the R1 deposit deadline?

Cornell_Heather: We look at wait list candidates throughout the whole application cycle , This means it may or may not meet the R1 deposit deadline.

Is the selection process the same for the One-Year and Two-Year MBA programs? Is one necessarily more competitive than the other?

Cornell_Jade: The one year and two year programs are reviewed separately, as they do have different requirements to be eligible for the program however the application process itself is very similar. Since there are different requirements, the selection process is a bit different since an advanced degree is required. The two year program is more competitive, as the application pool is much larger, however both programs are selective and competitive

Are GRE applicants at a disadvantage compared to those who wrote the GMAT?

Cornell_Chris: The Admissions Committee accepts both the GMAT and GRE. There is no preference given for either score.

What is the average waitlist to admit conversion ratio?

Cornell_Eddie: If you have a good GMAT and GPA and on the waitlist, I would consider getting another letter of recommendation. I would encourage you to look at your goals essay again and does it make sense? If any work gaps, make sure you explain.

I understand that there has been an increase in the One-Year class size over the recent years. Is it true for this year as well?

Cornell_Chris: The One-year class size will increase slightly this year. We hope to have 80 One-year students this year; up from 76 One-year Students last year.

Is this a high volume app year? Would you suggest for someone who is really passionate about going to Johnson and has on the border stats to wait for R1 next year rather than R3 now?

Cornell_Jade: We have had 2 application deadlines pass and have 2 more rounds this year, my advice would be to reflect on your application, look at the class profile from last year’s incoming class, and then you must decide if you think your application is strong enough to submit. If you feel you have a strong application this year, then I would say to apply.

What is the maximum age for an accepted student in last 2 -3 years at Cornell?

Cornell_Eddie: There is no min or max age for our program. You will see average age is around 27. It's important to understand why an MBA now? If you feel you can submit a strong application next year, then you may want to reflect on when is the best time for you.

Since I take the GRE on February 6, scores may not be out for several dates. Can I submit the application for Round 3 pending the test date or wait for final round. I am also an international candidate.

Cornell_Chris: You are able to submit your application; I would recommend indicating your GRE test date within your application. Once we have received your GRE score your application would then be sent on for review by the Admissions Committee.

Are waitlisted candidates eligible for scholarships from your past experience?

Cornell_Chris: Wait-list candidates are still eligible to for merit scholarship

Is Semester in Strategic Operations (SSO), Digital Technology Immersion open for 1 year MBA as same is not mentioned in the website?

Cornell_Eddie: you may notice some immersions are not listed for the One-Year program but that does not mean you cannot do it. You will have to get permission from the faculty lead. As for the new tech immersion, I am not sure.

How valuable do you think it is to speak with current students in shaping your essays?

Cornell_Chris: I would always encourage prospective students to interact with current student and alumni. This is a great way to get to know the culture of Johnson and what it might be like to be a student here at Johnson.

So for waitlisted candidates, apart from letters of recommendation & GMAT scores, what else do you suggest to be shared with you?

Cornell_Heather: Yes you can submit more recommendation letters, or anything that you feel will increase your chances. The things we see most common are employment promotions, increase in test scores.

If the goals essay is off target what should be done to rectify it?

Cornell_Heather: If your goals essay is off target you will want to explain why that is and where your new goals are leading you. Help us identify where you want to be and why.

Should waitlisted applicants send profile updates in a time or shoud they send updates once they have?

Cornell_Eddie: I recommend a waitlist candidate to stay in touch but without overdoing it. Send updates that you truly feel will be valuable to your candidacy.

If I have a GMAT of 700, but a 62nd percentile mark in the quantitative section should I include an optional essay?

Cornell_Chris: The Optional Essay is used to explain things that are truly a red flag (gap in employment is an example) I would not recommend using this essay for a 700 GMAT score and 62% Quant.

Do the students coming with partners have any advantage during on-campus housing distribution? What do you feel are the pros and cons of being located NY?

Cornell_Jade: I think it would be beneficial for you to reach out to a current student with this question, as they can talk about their experience with you and provide some advice. Our Joint Ventures club would be a great resource https://johnson.campusgroups.com/jv/about/

I appreciate that you want candidates on the waitlist to send you worthwhile updates without overdoing it. But are these updates considered on a rolling basis or will you review all applications in totality before releasing your round 2 decisions?

Cornell_Heather: Yes the waitlist candidates will be on a rolling basis. You have been completely reviewed if you have been waitlisted. We review all applications fully. This round has been very competitive.

Are there students pursuing MEng-MBA Dual Degree program? How many students on an average pursue this?

Cornell_Heather: This can vary year to year but on average would be 3-8 students each year.

How do the adcom view people who are currently working pro-bono?

Cornell_Jade: When reviewing applications we look at all work experience, while we do like seeing pro bono work, we look at your work experience as a whole and review the roles/responsibilities you have had.

If I were to take a trip between now and Mid January would there be any opportunity to meet personally with the adcom team / any student ambassadors / campus tours?

Cornell_Chris: We office a number of different campus visit options (class visits, information sessions and Sage Socials). These will begin again within the new year. I would be happy to help schedule your visit to campus, please email me at CTL52@cornell.edu

How is the total application number compared to last year? And shall we expect more opportunities to start 2nd year at NY tech campus? (I heard there were only 2 this year)

Cornell_Eddie: Applications numbers are on par from last year (at this point). I do anticipate to see strong application numbers in Round 3 (January 15th). And yes, we are working on increasing the opportunities for Cornell 2nd year with Cornell Tech.

If we were to get accepted without having attended a LEAD event, would there still be a chance for us to attend one post-acceptance? Are we automatically out of the running for the larger scholarships if we don't have the opportunity to attend one?

Cornell_Eddie: If a student is invited to a LEAD event and cannot make it, please work with our team to see if they can attend another one. If you are not invited to the LEAD events, you will not be considered for Park but you will still be considered for other scholarships

Does strong quantitative GPA and quantitative work experience help to mitigate a relatively low quant score on the GMAT? Thanks.

Cornell_Jade: When reviewing quantitative skills we look at transcripts, class grades, as well as GMAT quant to assess how you will be handle the core courses. If we do have any concerns we will address this if necessary, however if you feel your quant capabilities are stronger than displayed in your GMAT you can always address this in the optional essay. Also, if you take any online courses you can submit those with your application as well.

Chat Transcript
Attachment:
Cornell Admissions Chat 15th December 15.pdf [2.05 MiB]
Downloaded 57 times
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I haven't heard anything back yet. Is there any chance I hear back this week because if not I have to start apps on other schools for round 2 in case I dont get in.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [2]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
Send PM
Kudos
Applied R2, just got my interview invite!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
To GMATAssociate

are you applying for 1 year MBA?

ag
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
Send PM
Kudos
ag1979 wrote:
To GMATAssociate

are you applying for 1 year MBA?

ag

Two year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Kudos
To GMATAssociate
thank you for the quick response.

Congratulations!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
WE:Accounting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Also have a r2 interview invite :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  47   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts