Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:16 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
GRE 1: Q163 V157
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! [#permalink]
When should I get concerned that my interviewer has not responded? It took me about 4 days after receiving the email to reach out since I was on vacation, but when should I reach out to Admissions if I don't receive a response from my interviewer? With a 2 week initial window I only have about 7 days left!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.61
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hey Guys - I am getting the webpage not available issue on the kellogg status page. is anyone else getting this issue. i am trying to submit my video essay.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
nicelystupid wrote:
Hey Guys - I am getting the webpage not available issue on the kellogg status page. is anyone else getting this issue. i am trying to submit my video essay.

Same! I was in the zone and they killed my flow...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
pdhir wrote:
So, any Indian IT Male got in ? :shock:

Indian-Working as Team Lead in the IT division of an Oil Company.Based in Texas
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
w59 wrote:
Hey - I didn't schedule my interview with Kellogg on-campus until end of February because of being very busy at work these next two months. Do you think that will hurt my admission at all? Should I try to schedule earlier?

I scheduled mine late nov , which was pretty late by R1 standards. I wouldn't worry about it at all. You're fine as long as you are within the deadline for your round.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Anyone has any idea about the timeline for initial result? or n number of days after initial or video essay submission?

Maybe R1 guys have any clue?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [2]
Given Kudos: 158
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
someone167 wrote:
Anyone has any idea about the timeline for initial result? or n number of days after initial or video essay submission?

Maybe R1 guys have any clue?

From what I recall, looking back in the thread, that timelines were all over the place. Kellogg attempts to interview everyone and that's a lot of people. If you live in an extremely rural area and there are not any Kellogg alums nearby that are available, you may get an interview waiver.

After the interview there are no updates of any kind provided by the admissions office directly until a decision is ready. As you can see earlier in this thread, people attempted to make inferences on their decisions based on changing video essay dates. I don't really think much came out of it except that it helped passed the time while we all anxiously waited for the decisions.

They do call admitted applicants just before official decisions are available however the time between then and the last "touchpoint" in the application process can be very far apart. For me I was interviewed in early October and did not get a status update (final decision) until 4pm CST (US Central) on Dec 17th.

Be prepared to dig in and wait... :pc
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: MMM, 2Y students take second in Haas Tech Challenge

A team of four Kellogg students won second place in UC Berkeley’s 2014 Haas Tech Challenge in November. In addition to the award, the team members were excited to learn that one of the challenge’s industry professional judges was a MMM alum.

MMM students David Ufford and Justin Saeheng teamed with Two-Year students Adithya Mohanakrishnan and Daniel Jung for the competition. team.

The 2014 challenge case topic was the cross-section of the “Internet of Things (IoT)” and “Smart Cities;” the students explored how new technologies can be used to bring improvements to the daily lives of millions.

“This year’s topic was particularly interesting to us and has been the subject of a lot of recent buzz,” Saeheng said. He added that the team’s tech background and experience from MMM aligned well with this year’s challenge.

The Haas Tech Challenge is a case competition run by UC Berkeley Haas Technology Club. Competing teams are afforded the opportunity to solve real-world business challenges, gain hands-on experience in the technology industry, and network with industry professionals and student peers.

Eight teams were selected to compete out of more than 30 from the country’s top business schools. Selected teams were fully briefed on the case the morning of Nov. 7 and had until 12 a.m. on Nov. 8 to submit a presentation with the team’s response, as well as an executive summary of the team’s case findings.

A MMM CONNECTION

Nir Maor ’12 (L) with current MMM students David Ufford and Justin Saeheng

One of the competition’s judges, Nir Maor ’12, is a MMM alum. He currently works as the Director of Market Development for Intel’s Internet of Things Strategy and Technology Office.

Maor was very familiar with this year’s topic and why it is a great space for growth.

“The IoT landscape includes many connected ‘systems of systems’,” Maor explained, “which presents market development challenges in engaging rapidly growing, yet fragmented ecosystems of developers and equipment manufacturers.”

Maor said other market development challenges included combinations of vertical and horizontal solution architectures, and newly formed standard bodies. The MMM program helped shaped the way he approaches these challenges, he said.

“To be a successful leader in this type of environment,” Maor said, “I need to constantly balance between driving innovation and driving scale, which is the MMM sweet spot.”

With more than a decade in the tech industry, Maor said he observed gaps between engineering and marketing, innovation and scale, and strategy and execution. He said these gaps are symptoms of a “lacking ‘end-to-end’ mindset in organizations,” which in turn holds companies back from moving forward quickly.

Maor’s awareness of these gaps and his desire to help close them is what initially drew him to the MMM program. Although he considered other schools, he found MMM’s curriculum most aligned with the skills he sought.

“What I found more compelling about MMM,” Maor said, “was the focus on the intersection between possibility-based design thinking and analytical-based process thinking.”

He added that MMM taught him to address high-ambiguity problems with a validated learning approach. “Start from the end-user and go back from there,” he said. “Ideate, prototype, test in the real market, and adapt based on customer reactions.”

Maor said the skills he gained from MMM along with the program’s strong relationship with technology recruiters helped make him a successful leader in the tech environment today.

Saeheng also attributed much of his team’s success in the Haas Tech Challenge to MMM’s curriculum.

“This case had a great deal of designing a thoughtful solution in a space of technology and innovation,” Saeheng said. “This is right at the crux of MMM … and we were able to lay out a methodical approach to tackling the case right away.”

Saeheng said opportunities like the Haas Tech Challenge give students the chance to “take a breather from the school work and remember that it’s theory + application.”

Filed under: Academics, Business Insight, Student Life Tagged: 2Y, competition, design innovation, full-time mba, Innovation, MMM, tech challenge, technology, Two-Year MBA Program
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.62
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Had my interview today, met an alum at a coffee shop down the street from my place. They were extremely nice, was mostly a conversation. Few typical questions though: What makes a good leader, How did you deal with a failure, etc. Now its a waiting game! :-|
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Send PM
Pottsmi1 wrote:
Had my interview today, met an alum at a coffee shop down the street from my place. They were extremely nice, was mostly a conversation. Few typical questions though: What makes a good leader, How did you deal with a failure, etc. Now its a waiting game! :-|

Thanks for sharing and thanks for being finished with the app! Where are you located?

My interview is scheduled for next week, also at a coffee shop. It sounds like these interviews are pretty conversational and mostly assessing fit. Fingers crossed all goes well!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Send PM
In for R2! Just completed my video essays and will have my alumni interview tomorrow! The Kellogg app will be over tomorrow for me! Can't believe it!
All applicants - good luck and hello from Russia! =)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Sk1ver wrote:
In for R2! Just completed my video essays and will have my alumni interview tomorrow! The Kellogg app will be over tomorrow for me! Can't believe it!
All applicants - good luck and hello from Russia! =)

Hi, that is quick. I have question:

How do I access the 10 practice questions?
Do I access the link "Please submit your video essay" on my application status page.
I hope this link does not take me directly to the actual video essay questions?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: To employers, a perfect MBA looks like this (via Poets and Quants)

Betsy Ziegler, associate dean of MBA programs and dean of students at Kellogg, recently spoke with Poets & Quants about what employers look for in MBAs.

Ziegler explained that conversations with recruiters is pivotal when it comes to creating and modifying Kellogg’s curriculum.

“As we think about what majors we should be offering, and what collection of classes in general, thematically what themes we should be talking about, recruiters are at the core,” Ziegler said in the story.

Take a look at the full story to see what skills are considered most essential to employers.

Filed under: Academics, Student Life Tagged: academics, curriculum, employers, recruiters, thought leadership
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
omg! just completed my video essay. i think 2nd question was an epic fail.. i started rambling... i got one of the same questions as my practice (biggest achievement)...and 2nd was impact at kellogg...

DEF, look at the compilation someone posted....a lot of similar questions.... idk. it won't be the reason i don't get in but i don't think i gave myself any points!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
angelfire213 wrote:
omg! just completed my video essay. i think 2nd question was an epic fail.. i started rambling...

it won't be the reason i don't get in but i don't think i gave myself any points!

Lol, I feel the exact same way.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, International Business
Schools: Wharton - Class of 2017
GRE 1: Q162 V148
GPA: 3.6
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
just officially done with the application as I have sent the video essay.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Boiler2010 wrote:
angelfire213 wrote:
omg! just completed my video essay. i think 2nd question was an epic fail.. i started rambling...

it won't be the reason i don't get in but i don't think i gave myself any points!

Lol, I feel the exact same way.

Me too guys! Just submitted the video essays, and I guess I can be sure about one ding of the season. FML! :x
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  69   70   71   72   73  ...  105   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts