GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Dec 2018, 22:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

December 19, 2018

December 19, 2018

09:00 AM PST

10:00 AM PST

Chat with UCLA Adcoms in GMATClub Chat Room. With less than a month to R2 deadline, I hope the chat session will prove to be very helpful. Wednesday, Dec 19 @ 9AM PST
  • Yale R1 Admit is Here to Answer YOUR Questions!

December 19, 2018

December 19, 2018

10:00 AM PST

11:00 AM PST

One of our forum members, ak99 recently got accepted at Yale SOM in Round 1. He accepted our invitation to interact with the new applicants, share his insights about the application process, and answer the queries of applicants.

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  
Director
Director
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 03:36
you should explore their website. they interview pretty much everyone except a small minority of Indians who get waivers when they can't find alumni
MBAMIND wrote:
Not sure if Kellogg interviews everyone.. I have heard 50% of the applicants get a call.. and I know people who never got an interview call... But congrats..

angelfire213 wrote:
kellogg tries to interview everyone - so it wouldn't be limited invite.. but congrats!!
yoonssuck wrote:
Hi guys, my first post here!

Im an international applicant from Korea for R2.

I received a mail telling me to register for the interview day in Seoul on the 14th.

I was wondering if everyone from Korea gets the invite, or if this is actually a limited invite to the interview?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 03:37
angelfire213 wrote:
kellogg tries to interview everyone - so it wouldn't be limited invite.. but congrats!!
yoonssuck wrote:
Hi guys, my first post here!

Im an international applicant from Korea for R2.

I received a mail telling me to register for the interview day in Seoul on the 14th.

I was wondering if everyone from Korea gets the invite, or if this is actually a limited invite to the interview?

Thanks!

As far as I know, there was one round of interview on end Jan in Seoul and I guess that it's the second batch interview! Kellogg tries to interview most of applicants.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 04:47
angelfire213 wrote:
you should explore their website. they interview pretty much everyone except a small minority of Indians who get waivers when they can't find alumni
MBAMIND wrote:
Not sure if Kellogg interviews everyone.. I have heard 50% of the applicants get a call.. and I know people who never got an interview call... But congrats..

angelfire213 wrote:

has anyone who didn't get an interview invite been accepted in the first round?

i haven't received an invite yet. is there anything i can do now to have a chance to be interviewed?
Director
Director
Concentration: Marketing

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 05:14
to be accepted you need to be interviewed. Even if you initially got an interview waiver, they would invite you to interview later for you to be accepted. So no, nobody gets accepted without an interview.
aryabhata wrote:

i haven't received an invite yet. is there anything i can do now to have a chance to be interviewed?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 05:41
angelfire213 wrote:
to be accepted you need to be interviewed. Even if you initially got an interview waiver, they would invite you to interview later for you to be accepted. So no, nobody gets accepted without an interview.
aryabhata wrote:

In practice, you may very well be correct...but that is not the case according to Kellogg's website:

Interview Waiver
Due to the high demand for interviews and limited availability of interviewers, you may receive an interview waiver. Waivers will not have a negative impact on your candidacy. Each year, many applicants who receive waivers are admitted to Kellogg.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 08:44
[quote="MBAMIND"]So I finally got through to the interviewer but tomorrow is the 14th day. :( while I will call the adcom today to see if I can finish the interview process by Saturday, has anyone from the group completed his/her interview in more than 14 days from receiving the email?

I was in the same boat. Emailed the adcom with the date of my confirmed interview (~20 days after invited, as my interviewer was traveling) and they said it wasn't a problem.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 10:45
Any information of new interview invites in February? Anyone in 1 year program who has been interviewed in Mumbai?

Thanks
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 11:30
I was at Kellogg last week for a class visit and info session. I met a current student who told me he did NOT have an interview. They gave him a waiver and admitted him.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas '17 (S)
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 16:38
Does anyone know how Kellogg weights interviews in the application process? It seems like they really focus on fit and seem to invest a lot of time and effort into the process.

Which School to Choose Forum Moderator
S
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 17:08
jbartuccio wrote:
Does anyone know how Kellogg weights interviews in the application process? It seems like they really focus on fit and seem to invest a lot of time and effort into the process.

schools don't release specifics regarding how much different parts of the application are weighted but kellogg is known to take the most holistic approach to admissions of the m7 schools. Video essays and their policy of interviewing all applicants aligns with this.
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 21:39
private wrote:
I was at Kellogg last week for a class visit and info session. I met a current student who told me he did NOT have an interview. They gave him a waiver and admitted him.

Looks like a one off case..
Whats the last date by which everyone is expected to be notified about interview/waiver?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2015, 00:31
My on campus interview turned to a Skype interview with AO due to the storm in Chicago. I had interview this morning and plan to send a thank you letter to her. However, I just got the name of interviewer and didn't have her email address. My interviewer is Monica. Is there anyone have her email address? Should I send directly to the Admission email address?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE: Law (Law)

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2015, 00:41
Monica Martinson. She interviewed me too in Rd 1.
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE: Business Development (Real Estate)

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2015, 06:05
My interview happened yesterday here in Sao Paulo, Brazil. It was a laid back conversation with the typical questions mentioned in this topic. Good luck for all!
Manager
Manager
Innovating Public-Private Partnerships with the Governor of Colorado  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2015, 11:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Innovating Public-Private Partnerships with the Governor of Colorado
In our time at Kellogg, there have been no shortage of engaging and unique experiences, but among all the trips across the globe and thought-provoking coursework, one opportunity stands out among the rest. Being selected to participate in the first Kellogg Innovation Network (KIN) challenge was truly distinctive because it allowed us to draw on some of our coursework and personal experiences to work directly with the Governor of Colorado on a real issue facing his state.

The KIN can be described as a community of thought and growth leaders from around the world. In 2014, the KIN launched a new program called the KIN Challenge that was designed to offer Kellogg students the opportunity to solve complex problems facing the Challenge sponsors.

The 2014 KIN challengers included Esther Dyson, Ann Hand and Governor John Hickenlooper. The challenge initially proposed by Governor Hickenlooper’s office focused on developing an innovative public-private partnership model (PPP or P3) to harness private sector investment for large capital works projects (infrastructure, public housing, energy-related projects etc.). Governor Hickenlooper’s team was specifically looking for recommendations on how to create an institutional entity/legislative body that could develop PPP proposals and attract capital for such projects.

We (Natalie Bookey-Baker, Devi Raja, Mukul Sharma and Sandeep Satish) were quickly drawn to Governor Hickenlooper’s prompt regarding public-private partnerships because of our passion and experience with the issue. Though we come from diverse backgrounds (consulting, public policy, non-profit and investment banking), we all believe that this intersection of public and private enterprises is essential to a thriving community and country.

After making it past the first round of application screenings and semi-finalist interviews, our team was chosen for Governor Hickenlooper’s challenge on March 14th.

Once we were selected, our team utilized experience from our backgrounds, first-hand market research through our travels, and interviews with Kellogg administration and faculty to craft a strategic plan for the Governor. We attended several “Innovation Sessions” on and off campus, including a visit to Leo Burnett to help develop our final project.

We had the privilege of visiting Governor Hickenlooper in his offices at the Colorado State Capital Building in Denver to share our initial findings and hear about his interests and goals regarding this project. He gave us great feedback on what we had done and we were happy to learn they were already moving toward some of the recommendations we had put in our initial drafts! Even though our visit was short, we learned the Governor was not only concerned about the financing structure, but also with gaining buy-in from constituents who lacked confidence in the P3 model.

Upon returning from Colorado with renewed energy in the project, we pivoted slightly to include additional marketing frameworks and unique partnership ideas that could address the Governor’s concerns. Ultimately, we crafted a final solution around creating a Center of Excellence focused on becoming the main hub of all PPP innovation through incremental public engagement, global learnings from other PPP centers and synergies between key public and private stakeholders.

We were truly honored to work with the Governor and his team, and especially thrilled to hear back from the team that they planned to explore implementation of some of our findings!

Alan Salazar, the chief strategy officer for the Governor, said after the project: “For states like Colorado that have constitutional constraints on public revenue and spending, private-public partnerships (P3s) are an important tool for financing critical infrastructure needs. The KIN student team that won helped us identify barriers, refine issues and helped us understand the broader policy landscape and potential for P3s. We intend to build on the KIN team’s work on this topic to pursue P3 governance legislation next year.”

This would have been a valuable experience even if the Governor and his team had not looked at our work, but receiving this feedback made it all the more meaningful. We are so proud to have been a part of the first set of KIN Challengers.

Natalie Bookey Baker is a second-year student in Kellogg’s Full-Time Two-Year MBA Program. Prior to Kellogg she was the Associate Deputy Director in the Office of the Social Secretary at the White House, where she helped plan all events hosted by the President and First Lady.

Sandeep Satish is a second-year student in Kellogg’s Full-Time Two-Year Program. Prior to moving to Evanston, he worked in investment banking at Citigroup in New York City. This summer, he interned with Major League Baseball at the Commissioner’s Office and hopes to stay in sports business after graduation.

Filed under: Academics, Business Insight, Career, Student Life Tagged: Innovation, Kellogg Innovation Network, KIN, public-private, public-private partnerships, real-world experience Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GRE 1: Q161 V160
GPA: 3.89
WE: Project Management (Other)
Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2015, 11:24
Anyone who has completed an interview, does it reflect that your interview is complete on your application page?

The latest update I have is the video essay completion date.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.61
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2015, 11:27
Casey10026 wrote:
Anyone who has completed an interview, does it reflect that your interview is complete on your application page?

The latest update I have is the video essay completion date.

that's the latest i have too. i completed my interview on 1/16.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Leadership, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q39 V42
WE: General Management (Education)

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2015, 14:03
Finally received an invite! I was getting nervous that I would receive a waiver
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2015, 14:23
I interviewed over a week ago but received an email from the admissions team today saying something to the effect of 'please let us know if you not been able to contact your assigned interviewer and set a date to meet with them'.

Does this mean my interviewer didn't send his feedback / interview report to the school?

Anyone else in this position? Worried now!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2015, 15:36
SC29 wrote:
I interviewed over a week ago but received an email from the admissions team today saying something to the effect of 'please let us know if you not been able to contact your assigned interviewer and set a date to meet with them'.

Does this mean my interviewer didn't send his feedback / interview report to the school?

Anyone else in this position? Worried now!

I got that too. I just replied saying when and who I completed my interview with and got a response saying that I'm good. I wouldn't worry about it!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! &nbs [#permalink] 04 Feb 2015, 15:36

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  78   79   80   81   82  ...  105    Next  [ 2093 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap