Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:23 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Asset Management (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Schools: ISB '18 (A)
GPA: 2.7
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 753
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! [#permalink]
phlaym39 wrote:
big4sucks wrote:
finished my video essay!! was actually way less painful than i thought it would be!

does anyone know if we need to send official score reports to Kellogg for the application to be complete? when i took the GMATs, i didnt list Kellogg on the list of schools so they don't have a copy of my official score report. my applicant status page reads "Please note, unofficial test scores will be accepted during the review stage, however, all applicants should ensure that official test scores are sent to Kellogg for verification purposes". Does this mean i can send them whenever or I should be rushing to get these to them ASAP?

You should probably get it out of the way sooner rather than later. If I remember correctly, they asked us to upload the official score report as well if we had them. My score was "verified" before I even submitted the application

phlaym39 - where did you see this "verified" thingy? I have uploaded my official score report quite a while ago (I haven't submitted my app, still working on it). All I see is, "We have received 3 pages of your document."
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
TheLevin wrote:
Mine is now November 1st. Would they be working over the weekend? Possible as I had my interview this past week.

Yes, especially if they are approaching deadlines for decisions. Lots of long nights and weekends. Have you seen the movie "Admissions" with Tina Fey about Princeton? While it's not 100% accurate, the overall method is fairly on point.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
neo656 wrote:
phlaym39 - where did you see this "verified" thingy? I have uploaded my official score report quite a while ago (I haven't submitted my app, still working on it). All I see is, "We have received 3 pages of your document."

It was a column on the page with the gmat score. It might have replaced the "we have received your report ..." I can't remember for sure.

I know it says to upload the prelim score report but I had uploaded my official one because I had already received it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Does anybody know if admissions decisions come out over a period or all on the same day?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
TheLevin wrote:
Does anybody know if admissions decisions come out over a period or all on the same day?

According to last year's thread it seems like they all came out on the decision day and students had to check for their decision online.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Send PM
phlaym39 wrote:
It was a column on the page with the gmat score. It might have replaced the "we have received your report ..." I can't remember for sure.

I know it says to upload the prelim score report but I had uploaded my official one because I had already received it.

Cool... understood... :)

I too have uploaded my official score report...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 111
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GPA: 3.55
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
bml1105 wrote:
ZoSoKM wrote:
amba2013 wrote:
For those who have completed interviews.. Does it reflect on your online application status?

No it doesn't. However my video essay date changed to the 30th October - Guess they have started reviewing my application.

Mine changed to October 31st! The first time it has changed since I submitted. Dun Dun Dunnnnnnn

Mine changed to Oct 30th.. Does that mean we are currently under review? I had my interview on Oct 22nd.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
CentralBanker wrote:
bml1105 wrote:

Mine changed to October 31st! The first time it has changed since I submitted. Dun Dun Dunnnnnnn

Mine changed to Oct 30th.. Does that mean we are currently under review? I had my interview on Oct 22nd.

Not sure, but probably. It makes me excited and nervous all at the same time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
mshrek wrote:
pratap92 wrote:
mshrek wrote:
This query if for kellogg MMM program. What is the deadline for R2 ?? I didn't find any useful info related to this except that R1 deadline was october 16
https://kelloggmbastudents.wordpress.co ... m-program/ . Please help ! :shock:

Just to be clear the R1 deadline for MMM was September 24 and similar to the 2Y program's deadline; I am pretty sure this is the case with the R2 deadline as well. What you are looking at is a post from 2013.

Hello !
Thanks for the reply. Could you please provide me any url or link that provides this same information ?

https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/pro ... ogram.aspx
scroll to the bottom
R2 = Jan 7 but keep in mind that Kellogg recommends submitting two weeks early to get your desired interview preference. Since your location says India I'd definitely plan to submit 2 - 3 weeks early. I'm not sure if they really do it based on who submits first...but they must recommend that for a reason.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
https://poetsandquants.com/2012/09/09/the-gatekeeper-to-the-kellogg-school-of-management/4/

It is clearly mentioned here that Kellogg does not review the application until the interview process is completed. I believe that is why the waivers are granted to move forward with the process.

Quote:
John A. Byrne - Do you wait for the interview report before you assess the rest of the application?
Kate Smith - We do. To us, it’s a key component.

So those who have received waivers, take a chill pill.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Kudos
bml1105 wrote:
TheLevin wrote:

According to last year's thread it seems like they all came out on the decision day and students had to check for their decision online.

I saw a post on Kellogg's facebook page earlier this year that said they were calling the admitted students (i think it was the decision day for round 2, March 25th)
Can't post the link, but it says:

"Keep your phones nearby!
Dean of Students Betsy Ziegler, Assistant Dean of Admissions Kate Smith '98 and our admissions officers will be making calls today to our Round 2 admits."

I don't know if they did the same for round 1, but I'll sure be stalking Kellogg's facebook page as the decision day approaches...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [1]
Given Kudos: 145
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Had my Kellogg interview last week on campus! It was fantastic!!! I really like this school... I hope that the admissions officer thought it went well also. The interview is 30-45 minutes, but mine was almost an hour long (not sure if that is good or bad). The questions were standard with a large focus on my career and why I want a Kellogg MBA. Very intense dialogue, I was stopped and asked a question every few seconds I felt like. I really like the amount of interest showed by the admissions officer.

For the full debrief, check out my blog!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: ‘One of the biggest secrets in the MBA world’

Here is a question for you: What do you get when you combine business education with design innovation?

Answer: The Kellogg MMM Program.

Kellogg’s Full-Time MMM Program might be one of the biggest secrets in the MBA world. MMM is a dual-degree program, meaning when you graduate, you leave Northwestern with two degrees. One is the awesome Kellogg MBA. The other is a Masters of Science in Design Innovation from the Segal Design Institute, which is part of the McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science at Northwestern University.

The program is still two years in length, though MMM students begin one quarter earlier than the Full-Time Two-Year students. You graduate with the Two-Year students in the spring of your second year.

Oh, and let me clear up one misconception: You do not need an engineering background to enroll in the MMM Program. I studied Comparative Literature at UC Berkeley. Another student studied History at Harvard. Another studied German Studies in China. MMM students come from a very broad background from all over the world.

Now you may be saying, “I know what business education is, but what does design innovation mean?”

Design Innovation pertains to how you look at the world in terms of solving problems. It’s an end-user empathy approach at the world, but one that is not just relevant to developing products:

• If you manage a team, you need to be able to put yourself in team members’ shoes before you can create a rally point.
  • If you are trying to sell a product, you need to know what your target customer is thinking – who they are, why they do what they do.
Everyone is unique and design thinking helps you use those lessons in your career.

Professor Eyal Maozwas fond of saying to us this summer (in Marketing Management), “Once you understand the customer and his point of view, see how easy it is to design a product for him?” And he was right. It was. Design Innovation is highly relevant to anyone who is looking to create something better for a group of people – to resolve a set of needs, whether that be through a product (digital or physical) or service.

I think the degree is great for a career in product development or product management, but I think the lessons are applicable anywhere. The INNOVATION is the change you make in an existing product, process, or organization; the DESIGN is the user-driven approach.

There are consulting firms and large companies with separate innovation divisions,  but also companies that focus only on Design Innovation consulting. You don’t need to think of the MMM program as pushing you toward that type of career, but it definitely prepares you for one.

I am taking a MMM class this fall – Research, Design, Build – that uses the same process defined at design consultancies such as Gravity Tank, and our instructors are actually from Gravity Tank! We are producing real world applications of what we learn and applying them on campus with Kellogg students. This is a great way of understanding how a startup idea can be developed, prototyped and iterated.

There are 60 people in MMM each year, and you must apply to be in MMM when you apply for Kellogg. Our MMM class is very close, we have specific social events for program students and we take at least one class together each quarter for the entire two years.

If you have any questions about classes or the program, leave a comment below, visit the Kellogg website or reach out to The Kellogg Admissions Team.

Michael Nguyen is currently a MBA / Masters of Design Innovation (MMM) candidate at Kellogg. In the past he served as Chief Operating Officer (COO) at Cyworld Vietnam, the country’s first social network; co-founded Mimo, a popular Twitter-like service in Vietnam; and helped RedOctane launch the Guitar Hero video game franchise. Connect with him on LinkedIn.

Filed under: Academics, Career, Student Life Tagged: Design, design innovation, Innovation, MMM, Segal Design Institute
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
My video date was unchanged for about a month and now has changed three times over the last four days. I guess they were waiting on it until after my interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Hi guys I had my interview today!
The alumnus was very nice and it was a VERY conversational interview.
He introduced himself and explained how he would conduct the interview.

The questions were:

- Walk me through your resume. He did a lot of questions in between. He asked me about my full-time job while still studying and my ECs. He was also very interested in the details of my current job.
- A time when I did something difficult, why and how I handled it
- What kind of leader I prefer and why?
- What I consider to be my greatest achievement
- Why MBA, why now, why Kellogg?
- How will I contribute to the community?
- Desired industry after Kellogg

Then he described to me his experience before and after Kellogg because he realized that we had a lot of things in common, and I did a couple of questions about his choices ... and that was it!

I think it went well ... hope he thinks the same!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Did any of the Indian applicants whose interview was waived had any further development in the application process? With no timeline attached for those whose interviews were waived, the wait is almost killing me everyday.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
CommonMBApplicant wrote:
Did any of the Indian applicants whose interview was waived had any further development in the application process? With no timeline attached for those whose interviews were waived, the wait is almost killing me everyday.

I believe, colleges which are confident that selected people will join them are more clear in giving interview calls or ding and colleges which themselves don't know whether they will get ding from selected folks are playing "love you now or love you later game"...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25  ...  105   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts