GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 05:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools: Kellogg '17 (WL)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2014, 20:43
CommonMBApplicant wrote:
NS13983 wrote:
ankurtulsian wrote:
Anyone with an interview waiver here who got interview invitation later?

I want to further pick up on this.

Have received a waiver myself. Is this a negative thing? (Though the email explicitly says that it is not a negative thing in any way whatsoever)
Have a lot of students been accepted after a waiver? Is it a pretty normal thing?

The internet has mixed responses - trying to steer clear from speculation

Copying a post from earlier in the thread. It is quite common for Indian candidates to get their interviews waived.

str1der wrote:

To everyone applying from India. I am a reapplicant and hence am acquainted with how the process works. Let me detail it as I am sure it will calm some nerves:

1. Kellogg, by design, interviews each applicant. However, in areas of high demand of interviews such as India, it is not possible for them to match their alumni to each applicant as each alumni can do only as many interviews
2. Once both Part 1 and Part 2 are submitted, one of the following three scenarios will occur:

i. You will be invited to interview on a day in late Oct/Early Nov. This is essentially an interview day - many alumni will gather at a hotel and many applicants will be interviewed. No clear formula on how the invitees are decided, but I think it depends on who submtited Part 1 earlier as from Kellogg's vantage point everyone has to be interviewed and hence no one is at a higher or lower priority at that point. Once the interview has been completed, the adcom will review your essays and recommendations and you then sit tight until the decision date to hear back from them.

ii. You will get an interview waiver. The Kellogg team does NOT read an applicant's file until their interview is complete. Hence, to avoid delays, they start reading the application first for those in India who weren't sent invited in the first go. The waiver does NOT affect your application negatively - it just means that they are waiving your interview in order to begin reviewing your application

iii. If they like your application, you will receive an invitation to interview. This will be a one to one with an alumnus here, or a Skype with the adcom in Chicago

iv. It may also happen that you don't get this invite after the waiver, in which case it is safe to assume you have been dinged

3. Hence, unlike other countries, in India Kellogg does NOT interview everyone. Also, most people receive a waiver which can then convert/not convert into an interview invite at a later stage.
4. You will NOT be admitted to the program without an interview. Hence, if after the waiver you do not receive an invite, it means you have been dinged.
5. Dates: Please read last year's thread. If I recall correctly, people received the first invites 2 weeks after the Part 2 deadline. People who first received a waiver and then an invite (such as me) kept hearing throughout November. I got my invite around Mid Nov.
6. Hence, if by end Nov you haven't heard from them after a waiver, safe to move on to alternate plans
7. Most people in India will get a waiver - it will test your nerves (tested mine) but it is actually a blessing in disguise. If you receive an invite after a waiver, that means the adcom liked your application and wants to know more - that is a positive sign any day of the year

Hope this answers your queries. Indian applicants should NOT compare their interview timeline to foreign applicants.

I kind of agree with this. I got my interview invite on the 24th of October when I had lost all hope of getting one. It is pretty unconventional when it comes to Indian applicants.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2014, 08:10
Does anyone know where I can find info on 1 year mba class profile?
Manager
Manager
Why Kellogg students created a high school mentoring program  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2014, 10:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Why Kellogg students created a high school mentoring program

This fall, a team of Kellogg students launched Kellogg Connections, a mentoring program for Evanston Township High School (ETHS) students. The program has three main objectives:

• BUILD

Help students build skills that are critical to success in college, in the business world and beyond
  • PREPARE.

Prepare students to thrive in new environments, including college and the workplace
  • CONNECT.

Connect students with people and organizations that will help them explore and develop their passions and aspirations
Kellogg Connections will involve a diverse group of approximately 15 ETHS students and roughly the same number of Kellogg mentors from a variety of professional backgrounds including medicine, consulting, banking, marketing and manufacturing. Mentors will meet with students as an entire group two times per month. The key tenets of the program are a business-focused curriculum, college prep, experiential learning and community partnership.

The business-focused curriculum will be shaped by each mentor in the program and will involve interactive lessons on topics such as marketing, finance, teamwork and entrepreneurship. Part of our work will also involve helping students explore their options for college and how to put themselves in the best position to attend their top choice schools.

The experiential learning component includes field trips to Deloitte Consulting and 1871. Additionally, students will partner with local Evanston businesses such as Fitness Matrix, where students will engage in a pro-bono consulting effort. Underlying these main tenets of the program is the power of one-on-one long-term mentoring that each student in the program will receive from their Kellogg mentor.

Kellogg students commit to serve as mentors in the program for at least one year, and they make this decision for a variety of reasons.

“I’ve been fortunate enough over the past few years to work as a mentor for a few organizations, and have truly loved the experience,” said Erika Nuno, a first-year student in the Full-Time Two-Year MBA Program who has a background in commercial banking. “I’ve had great mentors throughout my life and see this as a way to continue paying it forward. This is a great opportunity for me to get involved in something I really enjoy while at Kellogg.”

Last year, Kellogg launched its first annual high school business case competition. During the competition, Kellogg students had the pleasure of meeting a talented, motivated team of ETHS students who were excited about their top-three finish at the competition. Seeing the potential for a more consistent partnership, Kellogg and Darlene Gordon, a teacher at ETHS, came together to brainstorm the foundation of Kellogg Connections. Kristen Perkins, Northwestern University / ETHS Partnership Coordinator, was also instrumental in providing guidance and injecting insight throughout the development of the new program.

At Kellogg, we are learning to inspire growth in a variety of ways. One of those ways is by inspiring growth in people. By sharing our Kellogg and professional experience and networks with ETHS students, we are inspiring growth in the next generation of leaders.

Martin Green ’15, Mike Grover ’16, Yuichi Morii ’16 and Jessica Rosenberg (JV) founded and make up the leadership team of Kellogg Connections. Martin will be returning to Deloitte Consulting after his MBA, Mike worked in Sales & Trading at Barclays, Yuichi worked for a large shipping company in Japan, and Jessica currently works in college admissions and is a significant other to a first-year Kellogg student.

Filed under: Academics, Career, Student Life Tagged: ETHS, Evanston Township High School, experiential learning, Kellogg Connections, mentor, mentoring, mentorship Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GPA: 3.55
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 11 Nov 2014, 07:21
Tomorrow the Renewed Business Week MBA Rankings are gonna come out.. This time they are using a new ranking system which is more balanced and rational (in BW's own words!). I am sure Kellogg will reclaim its crown as #1 MBA :king .. Check the article by John Byrne at Poets & Quants

http://poetsandquants.com/2014/11/10/bo ... g-changes/

Check the comments section.. John also bets for KELLOGG like me (you can see my comment too) ;)

All the best to KELLOGG from our GMATclub forum team.... :gl

Originally posted by CentralBanker on 10 Nov 2014, 13:41.
Last edited by CentralBanker on 11 Nov 2014, 07:21, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.43
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2014, 22:09
No invites anywhere on Monday?
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Schools: ISB '18 (A)
GPA: 2.7
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2014, 07:01
I didn't receive an interview invite :P but just got an opportunity to interact with a kellogg MMM alumni. I'm feeling ecstatic, yet cautious :lol:
I am an R2 applicant and almost gave up my hope on interacting with a kellogg MMM alumni. So this news really sounds great to my ears !

C'est la vie

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Nonprofit, Technology
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2014, 07:19
Does Kellogg look at applications before arranging for an off-campus interview? I know the school has limited resources. It would be odd if they scheduled an interview for everyone, including those it would be impossible to admit.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GPA: 3.55
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2014, 07:23
Duke is BW# 1!!!! :wall Kellogg@7 :yikes :yikes :yikes and HBS@8! :roll: :roll: :roll: MIT Sloan 14 :horror :horror :hair
http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/rankings
Seems like BW needs a change with their methodology next year!
At least the rankings link has sensible & useful statistics for the applicants.. :read :read
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2014, 07:25
trivium wrote:
Does Kellogg look at applications before arranging for an off-campus interview? I know the school has limited resources. It would be odd if they scheduled an interview for everyone, including those it would be impossible to admit.

Hi trivium ! I just noticed that you are Kellogg 18 aspirant. Is it possible to apply that early ? :shock:

C'est la vie

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2014, 07:32
CentralBanker wrote:
Duke is BW# 1!!!! :wall Kellogg@7 :yikes :yikes :yikes and HBS@8! :roll: :roll: :roll: MIT Sloan 14 :horror :horror :hair
At least the rankings link has sensible & useful statistics for the applicants.. :read :read

I am shocked to see the slides in ranking of b-schools such as harvard, darden and climbs in ranking of b-school such as yale, columbia university. Have the ranking criteria changed so much :panel

C'est la vie

Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.62
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2014, 07:38
CentralBanker wrote:

Are you able to see the GMAT stats and work stats? They all show 0 or blank for me...
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2014, 07:41
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.33

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2014, 07:59
CentralBanker wrote:

I really had good laugh in this season of stressful admissions.....
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Nonprofit, Technology
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2014, 08:01
Do we know if Kellogg looks at applications before extending off-campus interview invitations? I interviewed a while ago. It would help to know, since being invited would mean there weren't any blunders in my application that would lead to an automatic ding.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2014, 08:50
trivium wrote:
Do we know if Kellogg looks at applications before extending off-campus interview invitations? I interviewed a while ago. It would help to know, since being invited would mean there weren't any blunders in my application that would lead to an automatic ding.

I would have to guess they give an app a quick first pass before offering an interview invite. I'm not really sure the bar is set high at all, as they try to interview as many as possible. It has been said on here that you won't get an admit without an interview.
Manager
Manager
TODAY: One-Year MBA Program webinar  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2014, 07:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: TODAY: One-Year MBA Program webinar

Learn more about Kellogg’s One-Year MBA Program and how it can help accelerate your career during today’s webinar with the Kellogg Admissions Team.

WHEN

Wednesday, Nov. 12

Noon-1 p.m. (CST)

REGISTER NOW

RSVP to participate in webinar

Kellogg’s One-Year MBA Program is designed to build upon your business fundamentals and get you back in the workforce with new skills and knowledge that will propel your career forward. From June to June, you’ll immerse yourself in the rigorous curriculum, learn from world-class faculty and build leadership experience and a supportive network that will help you immediately and throughout your career.

Unlike other One-Year MBA programs that consolidate two years of classes into one, our program builds on your experience and gives you the option to bypass the core curriculum so you can focus on the electives that are pertinent to your personal and professional goals.

In this webinar, find out more about:

• The curriculum
  • Experiential learning opportunities
  • Kellogg’s alumni network
Learn more about the One-Year MBA Program.

Request info about Kellogg.

Apply to Kellogg.

Filed under: Academics, Admissions, Student Life Tagged: 1Y, One-year, One-Year MBA Program, webinar Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Manager
Manager
Alumni Spotlight: Larry Gies ’92  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2014, 11:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Alumni Spotlight: Larry Gies ’92

Larry Gies ’92 founded Madison Capital Partners in 1994. With a successful track record of buying, building and selling businesses, he made a pivot. Gies turned his investment firm, whose companies generated more than $5 billion in revenue, into Madison Industries, a holding company that now acquires and keeps businesses. He credits Kellogg for helping him grow personally and professionally.

Gies sat down and spoke with Kellogg about pivoting into Madison Industries, what he looks for in a company and why leadership is the biggest barrier to growth. Hear what he had to say.

Filed under: Career Tagged: alumni, alumni network, Alumni Spotlight, career, culture, investment firm, Larry Gies, Madison Capital Partners, Madison Industries, pivot Image

Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2014, 15:17
Just got my acceptance email to the EMBA program at Kellogg! Wooo!

Executive MBA Schools and Discussions:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/all-2015-executive-mba-discussions-in-one-place-187549.html?fl=menu

Want a 6.0 on the AWA?
http://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-get-6-0-awa-my-guide-64327.html#p470475

Retired Moderator
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Sales (Other)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2014, 18:15
BazingAu wrote:

Congrats!! So jealous

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ― Ellie R.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE: Project Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2014, 18:44
BazingAu wrote:

Congrats BazingAu ... Happy for you.. :)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! &nbs [#permalink] 12 Nov 2014, 18:44

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  24   25   26   27   28  ...  105    Next  [ 2093 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap