GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 10 Dec 2018, 03:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 00:47
monkeymadness wrote:
So some of the 12/5 date changes were waiver students? That's great news!!! However don't you have to interview at somepoint officially to be admitted?

So maybe those who got the date change got dinged?
I have a feeling that the date change is more likely a good news than a bad, but it doesn't seem like anyone has any clue at this point. The changes aren't random, however.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 03:20
WTH...mine changed again from 12/05 to 12/06

Seems my video is weekend entertainment
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE: Asset Management (Other)
Reviews Badge
Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 03:51
kelloggcookiemonster wrote:
monkeymadness wrote:
So some of the 12/5 date changes were waiver students? That's great news!!! However don't you have to interview at somepoint officially to be admitted?

I have a feeling that the date change is more likely a good news than a bad, but it doesn't seem like anyone has any clue at this point. The changes aren't random, however.

Did anyone with a waiver not see an update to 12/5?

Also, mine changed from 12/5 to 12/6 as well.
Manager
Manager
How Kellogg applicants are assessed – Part 6  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 07:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: How Kellogg applicants are assessed – Part 6
When Kellogg admissions officers review an application, they evaluate potential students based on six categories. Here, Beth Tidmarsh, director of admissions for Kellogg’s full-time MBA programs, demystifies what happens once you submit your materials and helps you think about how to formulate the story that will help the admissions team learn more about you.

TODAY’S TOPIC: INTERPERSONAL SKILLS

PREVIOUS TOPICS: Intellectual ability, Work experience, Professional goals, Leadership, Impact

Our community values collaboration, involvement and giving back, and we look for that in our applicants as well. A significant part of the Admissions process is ensuring a good fit between student and program. If you thrive in team-based environments, Kellogg might be a good fit for you.

The ability to work in teams doesn’t mean agreeing all the time, nor is it an easy approach. Team-based learning means you can push ideas, disagree respectfully and challenge each other, but also that you’re doing so in a way that’s both productive and conducive to a better outcome. Our ideal applicant likes to hear different viewpoints, respects others, can voice and challenge opinions and isn’t afraid to speak up, but can do so in a way that’s collaborative and would help further a group or a classroom conversation.

If everyone came from the exact same environment and was used to working in the exact same way, no one would learn much from each other. The diversity of perspectives and opinions in our community creates a rich arena for debate. Bringing together all those different perspectives enhances everybody’s experience. Learning to synthesize and negotiate those differences is a vital component of the Kellogg experience, too.

Some applicant’s backgrounds line up very well with business school, and they may have had more opportunities to demonstrate interpersonal skills. We recognize that some people may come from an environment that requires more independent work. Knowing that you want to grow in this area, explaining that you crave more teamwork and collaboration, expressing that you want to push yourself in that area — all of that is valuable information for our admissions team.

Read Beth Tidmarsh’s previous series on “Tips for applying to Kellogg”

Beth Tidmarsh ’03 is the director of admissions for full-time MBA programs at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. As a vice president at Jones Lang LaSalle, she led and executed tenant representation and corporate solutions work for companies such as Xerox, KPMG and Huron Consulting Group. Prior to attending Kellogg, Beth spent six years in consulting for Accenture based out of Chicago and Sydney.

Filed under: Admissions Tagged: 1Y, 2Y, admissions, admissions tips, application, applications, Beth Tidmarsh, full-time MBA programs, JDMBA, Kellogg experience, MMM, One-year, One-Year MBA Program, prospective students, Two-Year, Two-Year MBA Program Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.9
WE: Analyst (Other)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 07:21
TheLevin wrote:
monkeymadness wrote:

Did anyone with a waiver not see an update to 12/5?

Also, mine changed from 12/5 to 12/6 as well.

Mine is 12/7 now. Only 10 more days until D-Day!
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 08:24
My video essay date also changed to 7/12 from 5/12. Seems like its a technical glitch. I dont expect them to see our videos on a weekend! I got interviewed on 30th October.
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Sales (Other)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 08:39
Yay for weekend entertainment!!!

I'm actually a bit nervous/sad about decision. Not because I might get rejected, but because I'll be leaving the east coast on a plane back to CA. They will likely be calling CA students later in the day (due to the time difference).

Dear Kellogg,

If you are reading this and are going to accept me, please please please call me before 1pm (PST)/4pm (EST). I would love to scream at the top of my lungs in your ear to show my pure joy!!

Sincerely,

Your faithful wildcat: bml

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ― Ellie R.

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE: Asset Management (Other)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 08:53
bml1105 wrote:
Yay for weekend entertainment!!!

I'm actually a bit nervous/sad about decision. Not because I might get rejected, but because I'll be leaving the east coast on a plane back to CA. They will likely be calling CA students later in the day (due to the time difference).

Dear Kellogg,

If you are reading this and are going to accept me, please please please call me before 1pm (PST)/4pm (EST). I would love to scream at the top of my lungs in your ear to show my pure joy!!

Sincerely,

Your faithful wildcat: bml

I'm off work on decision day (using up vacation days that cannot carry over to the next year), so I will be anxiously making sure my phone is charged and that I am in an area that has a signal all day.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 720 Q45 V44
GPA: 2.8

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 10:11
So, since this is our weekend entertainment: How should I interpret the fact that my video date hasn't changed since 11/23? Headed for a Ding?
This whole process is testing my patience (not that I have much!)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.28
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 10:15
sticks02 wrote:
So, since this is our weekend entertainment: How should I interpret the fact that my video date hasn't changed since 11/23? Headed for a Ding?
This whole process is testing my patience (not that I have much!)

I honestly wouldn't worry about it. It'd be funny if there was someone just sitting in adcom updating the dates and watching this board to see how much panic it causes.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 10:57
So many people are getting the date change...that I think not gettin the date change might be the special ones in for a pleasant surprise ;)
Retired Moderator
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 10:58
So many people are getting the date change...that I think not gettin the date change might be the special ones in for a pleasant surprise ;)

I sure hope so!!!!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 11:19
As much as I'd like to believe that...I have a feeling that my undergrad GPA is just too low.

However, I'm going to tell myself that the interview went so well that they don't need to look at my video interview to know they want to accept me! :)
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 11:45
bml1105 wrote:

I sure hope so!!!!

I hope you mean date change for just this weekend :/
Retired Moderator
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 12:06
monkeymadness wrote:
bml1105 wrote:

I sure hope so!!!!

I hope you mean date change for just this weekend :/

Well my date hasn't changed for a couple weeks, so I'm hoping that means acceptance. But let's be honest this is all wishful thinking. No one has any idea!

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 12:25
The only revealing thing to me (with the recent batch of date changes) is a waiver applicants date change who has not conducted an interview. Last year, the waivers had an interview of some sort be it in person or Skype in the last weeks. Seems odd to have a date change, unless they will have some sort of waiver communication on Monday or as mentioned a ding.

Also we can start to speculate when decisions will come out. I think last year it was exactly on the decision date but in years past it was as early as 1 week prior to the decision date. With the app deadline moved up 3 weeks this year, an early release could be possible!
Manager
Manager
GMAT 3: 730 Q49 V41
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 15:58
bml1105 wrote:

Hah, I've moved to the UK from Australia since October for a secondment and I'm unable to update my mobile number on the system. So it will be await until 5pm CT on the day to know my fate...
Retired Moderator
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 16:24
ZoSoKM wrote:
bml1105 wrote:

Hah, I've moved to the UK from Australia since October for a secondment and I'm unable to update my mobile number on the system. So it will be await until 5pm CT on the day to know my fate...

Do you think our online profiles will be updated at 5 CT? The really sick part is that I actually have a layover in Chicago from 5:30 to 6:50. It's like Southwest is trying to torture me by making it after business hours. Sick.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 17:12
That is true torture. I've decided that I'm sitting right by the door in my conference that wee. If the phone rings with an Evanston or Hanover area code, I'm bolting for the door!

Also, and I don't know about anyone else but my interviewer told me results wouldn't be released until day of.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Sloan '17 (M)

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2014, 18:23
sticks02 wrote:
That is true torture. I've decided that I'm sitting right by the door in my conference that wee. If the phone rings with an Evanston or Hanover area code, I'm bolting for the door!

Also, and I don't know about anyone else but my interviewer told me results wouldn't be released until day of.

I received another video date change on my video. I wonder what is going on? lol.

Personal Blog: I will answer every single question on my blog.
http://johnthundermba.wordpress.com

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! &nbs [#permalink] 07 Dec 2014, 18:23

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  33   34   35   36   37  ...  105    Next  [ 2093 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap