Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:08 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
The forum is surprisingly quiet!! No more anxieties for the D-Day? The wait is just killing me :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.1
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
I have made my peace with the MBA admission gods ... que sera sera :D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
pyarapopat wrote:
I have made my peace with the MBA admission gods ... que sera sera :D

Good for you sire.... Btw, how did you manage it? :P
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I tell myself that I could live on a decent salary check in the next two years if no school offers come in, either way the IRR is about the same - sometimes self-comfort works.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
It seems that Kellogg tries to interview everyone. Infact if you are in Chicago area in the US, you are almost guaranteed an interview. Anyone who is willing to go to Kellogg campus can schedule an interview.

I wonder why some people outside US (like India) get interview waivers and other in India get the interview calls. I guess getting interview calls must be a a positive sign.

Could the people who have undergone the process shed some light on this ?

Most other schools use the interview as a screening process. That is if you dont get an interview call then ur application is over. But that does not seem to be the case with Kellogg. Little confusing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Send PM
Indeed Kellogg interviews everyone. I actually had my interview before submitting the part II of my app.
However I couldn't tell if Kellogg gives more or less weight to the interviews compared to other school. Actually I like that they interview everyone. It didn't happent to me (yet) to be ding without interview but I understand the frustration of the people to whom this happen. Feels a little like you are sponsorizing their application process.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
mbagirl23 wrote:
Indeed Kellogg interviews everyone. I actually had my interview before submitting the part II of my app.
However I couldn't tell if Kellogg gives more or less weight to the interviews compared to other school. Actually I like that they interview everyone. It didn't happent to me (yet) to be ding without interview but I understand the frustration of the people to whom this happen. Feels a little like you are sponsorizing their application process.

Hi MBAgirl23,

I think I should try working in marketing for Kellogg. I may have better luck in that then my gmat and applications :)

Anyways, thanks for the inputs.

datta
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 773 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Hey guys!
i am applying to R2 of kellogg. I have searched all over their website to find if they specify a length of the resume to be submitted without luck. Any of you have any insights on this?
Btw good luck at all the R1 aspirants.. watch a few flicks esp kungfu panda.. gain 'inner peace' :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Conventional Wisdom says keep the resume to one page - unless you have been working for 20 years or something...
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
vibhav wrote:
Hey guys!
i am applying to R2 of kellogg. I have searched all over their website to find if they specify a length of the resume to be submitted without luck. Any of you have any insights on this?
Btw good luck at all the R1 aspirants.. watch a few flicks esp kungfu panda.. gain 'inner peace' :)

Kellogg does not specify a resume length. However, standard protocol is ONE page. I've had 5 jobs over 9 years. I was able to fit every job, plus extracturriculars onto one page. It's about picking the most salient information and removing the filler. Concise is best.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
mbagirl23 wrote:

From what I've heard the interview is especially important to Kellogg, given their focus on teamwork and community. I think they interview everyone to get a full picture of all applicants beyond just their application. I think some borderline candidates are boosted by the interview while apparent shoe-ins can be undone by it. This is just my guess.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
dattaraj wrote:
It seems that Kellogg tries to interview everyone. Infact if you are in Chicago area in the US, you are almost guaranteed an interview. Anyone who is willing to go to Kellogg campus can schedule an interview.

I wonder why some people outside US (like India) get interview waivers and other in India get the interview calls. I guess getting interview calls must be a a positive sign.

Could the people who have undergone the process shed some light on this ?

Most other schools use the interview as a screening process. That is if you dont get an interview call then ur application is over. But that does not seem to be the case with Kellogg. Little confusing.

Kellogg intends to interview every single applicant. That is why they have 2 parts. To allow them time to pair up alumni with applicants across the world. In fact, read how Kellogg reviews an application, they will not start reviewing your application until the interview has been conducted and interview notes are made available.

Since alumni are not always available in every location, Kellogg will send waivers to individuals where it is difficult to conduct interviews. This waiver essentially allows Kellogg to start the clock on reviewing applications. In my opinion, this is where Kellogg turns into other programs with regards to interviews. They say that if an interview will have a substantial impact on your admission decision they will then issue a interview invitation via Skype. I believe that if you get an interview invitation after reviewing the application your chances of acceptance are good.

Since Kellogg interviews 100% (or 99.9%) of its admitted students, the interview is probably the last hurdle you need to clear to make it to the admit pile.

I think we have a few days of silence from Kellogg next week until admit calls starting trickling out. Good luck everyone!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Send PM
Randolph wrote:
Conventional Wisdom says keep the resume to one page - unless you have been working for 20 years or something...

Cutting it down to 1 page will make it better. I did my resume the first time not worrying about the length, took a few days break, then revisited it. With a fresh mind (and the help of a friend) I was able to cut out some bullets that weren't really saying much and reword a few points to be more concise.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 2: 730
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Judging from last year's thread, calls for R1 were going out last year by now... is that correct? Have any admits been reported this year yet?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Send PM
pianoman wrote:
Judging from last year's thread, calls for R1 were going out last year by now... is that correct? Have any admits been reported this year yet?

Rumor has it that they want to cut the calling period down to a week this year rather than spread them out over 2 weeks like last year. No reports yet on this board. Maybe Monday!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 2: 730
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
lemonems wrote:
pianoman wrote:

Rumor has it that they want to cut the calling period down to a week this year rather than spread them out over 2 weeks like last year. No reports yet on this board. Maybe Monday!

Ah, thanks for catching me up! Nerves are shot.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
omnivorous wrote:
So it comes Friday, seems they determined not to release admits this week. 500 admits, if they have ten people to make all the calls, one should take 50 in 10 days, so 5 calls a day, sounds quite reasonable.

If they start calling on 14th as stated by someone before they have less than 5 days to complete the calls. :?:
Any idea how many they admit in Round 1? I heard that Kellogg is looking for a bigger class this year. Is that true?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  97   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts