GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 12 Jul 2020, 12:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2020, 07:27
SikiminBashi wrote:
I hope this does not sound selfish and does not rub anyone in the wrong way. I have 710 gmat and a foreigner with a U.S. passport. My hope is if some of the accepted international students decide to defer to avoid virtual classes, they might want to "diversify" their class and give me a chance. Honestly, my stats are below their average so I am hoping for a miracle. But realistically, I think they have already passed on my app since I have not been invited an interview after requesting an "off-campus" in my app that I submitted 4/28.

Lmao I know who you are 😂

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Health Care)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2020, 07:41
sankara21 wrote:
SikiminBashi wrote:
what does it mean if you apply for a job and dont get an interview?

Lmao love the banter

don't lose your cool guys...hope this will clear all your doubts.

To everyone applying from India. Let me detail it as I am sure it will calm some nerves:

1. Kellogg, by design, interviews each applicant. However, in areas of high demand of interviews such as India, it is not possible for them to match their alumni to each applicant as each alumni can do only as many interviews
2. Once both Part 1 and Part 2 are submitted, one of the following three scenarios will occur:

i. You will be invited to interview on a day. This is essentially an interview day - many alumni will gather at a hotel and many applicants will be interviewed. No clear formula on how the invitees are decided, but I think it depends on who submtited Part 1 earlier as from Kellogg's vantage point everyone has to be interviewed and hence no one is at a higher or lower priority at that point. Once the interview has been completed, the adcom will review your essays and recommendations and you then sit tight until the decision date to hear back from them.

ii. You will get an interview waiver. The Kellogg team does NOT read an applicant's file until their interview is complete. Hence, to avoid delays, they start reading the application first for those in India who weren't sent invited in the first go. The waiver does NOT affect your application negatively - it just means that they are waiving your interview in order to begin reviewing your application

iii. If they like your application, you will receive an invitation to interview. This will be a one to one with an alumnus here, or a Skype with the adcom in Chicago

iv. It may also happen that you don't get this invite after the waiver, in which case it is safe to assume you have been dinged

3. Hence, unlike other countries, in India Kellogg does NOT interview everyone. Also, most people receive a waiver which can then convert/not convert into an interview invite at a later stage.
4. You will NOT be admitted to the program without an interview. Hence, if after the waiver you do not receive an invite, it means you have been dinged.
5. Dates: Please read last year's thread. If I recall correctly, people received the first invites 2 weeks after the Part 2 deadline. People who first received a waiver and then an invite (such as me) kept hearing throughout November. I got my invite around Mid Nov.
6. Hence, if by end Nov you haven't heard from them after a waiver, safe to move on to alternate plans
7. Most people in India will get a waiver - it will test your nerves (tested mine) but it is actually a blessing in disguise. If you receive an invite after a waiver, that means the adcom liked your application and wants to know more - that is a positive sign any day of the year

Hope this answers your queries. Indian applicants should NOT compare their interview timeline to foreign applicants.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2020, 07:53
Agree to some points...but I don't think adcom doesn't review applications before an interview..or waiver..I had people from adcom looked at my LinkedIn profile few days back..that means they have started looking at my application..
Considering the large alumni base and that most interviews are happening through skype during this period..I dont think conducting interviews is a challenge for kellogg..I think waivers signal some negativity..

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2020, 10:04
You might also want to know if you requested an alumni interview, the below video states it takes 4-6 weeks to schedule one (FF to 8:51).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQzdjwqI2YM&t=11s
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2020, 07:18
nah, I think they changed the process for this situation. They are definitely scanning and deciding whom to interview
Intern
Intern
B
Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 22 May 2020, 08:16
SikiminBashi wrote:
nah, I think they changed the process for this situation. They are definitely scanning and deciding whom to interview

You're neglecting that the video is dated May 7, 2020 by the Adcom so they're already accounting for COVID19 and the application influx. I'm sure there's a matching algorithm for certain students who meet certain criteria to get a Skype interview sooner. However, not everyone will fit that criterion. If you're not in that group you need to deal with it and wait it out.

Originally posted by theoryguy on 22 May 2020, 07:32.
Last edited by theoryguy on 22 May 2020, 08:16, edited 3 times in total.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2020, 07:36
good point
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2020, 08:41
ConsultingGuy0543 wrote:
workout wrote:

No. I don't think you are correct. The video essays are due within 48hrs of application submission. I have found the following on their website.

Quote:
Q: How much time will I have to complete the video essays?
A: After submitting your application you will be given access to the video essay component and will have 48 hours after the application is due to complete the video essay. We encourage applicants to complete their video essay shortly after submitting the application while information is still fresh in your mind and so you don 't forget!Also, please try not to wait for the last possible moment to record your video essay. It will feel more stressful if you are doing it at the last minute and in a rush. Block out 20-25 minutes a few days after you submit your application and complete it.

Hi,

Thanks for sending this! I'm going to play devil's advocate (not to create an issue for the sake of it, but just to try and make sure we are getting the right information).

"will have 48 hours after the application is due to complete the video essay" I read as 48 hours after the application deadline. It doesn't directly mention 48 hours after you submit - it's 48 hours after it is due. Also - for what this is worth - it doesn't seem to make much sense for Kellogg to impose a 48 hour after submission deadline, as applicants would then simply submit their applications later (i.e., closer to the round deadline). to give them more time.

Only way to test this might be to submit the application then see what happens? Happy to be the tester but wanted to see if anyone had experience yet. I imagine Kellogg would send an email stating that your video essays are due by XX date.

FYI,

This is the message from the confirmation email following an application:

Complete your video essay questions by logging into your applicant status page and submitting your application fee. It may take up to 20 minutes after you have paid the application fee for the video essay link to appear on your status page. Video Essays are due within 48 hours of the application deadline for each round.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2020, 09:19
I saw this on clear admit:
See this message by Kellogg admissions: "Thank you for your email and your patience. There is no set timeline for when decisions on Round 3 extended decisions will be released, as it is a rolling submissions period. We are reviewing applications as we are able and as seats become available. You’ll be notified once a decision has been made."
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2020, 09:26
SikiminBashi wrote:
See this message by Kellogg admissions: "Thank you for your email and your patience. There is no set timeline for when decisions on Round 3 extended decisions will be released, as it is a rolling submissions period. We are reviewing applications as we are able and as seats become available. You’ll be notified once a decision has been made."

If this is the case, it sucks. Not that we are competing for an open seat, but the seat also has to open up. If i knew this was the case, I would not have applied.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2020, 10:11
SikiminBashi wrote:
SikiminBashi wrote:

If this is the case, it sucks. Not that we are competing for an open seat, but the seat also has to open up. If i knew this was the case, I would not have applied.

I think you can still withdraw your application. Not too late

Intern
Intern
B
Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2020, 10:14
Honestly once you apply, you might as well just stick it out and wait for a decision- it’s not like you’re going to get a refund for your app fee at this point.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2020, 10:15
sankara21 wrote:
SikiminBashi wrote:
SikiminBashi wrote:

what is the upside from that?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2020, 10:26
SikiminBashi wrote:

If this process has taught me anything - it is that none of us have any true insight into what is going on. Try not to look into things, especially unverified comments on the internet or someone's interpretation of an automated email response. Keep your head up and fingers crossed
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2020, 10:39
SikiminBashi wrote:
sankara21 wrote:
SikiminBashi wrote:
SikiminBashi wrote:

what is the upside from that?

Nothing. So stop complaining. You already applied so no need to cry over spilt milk. We move. You made an executive decision to apply so stick with it. From the start you knew this was a gamble....I am assuming we all did.
I’d advise you to cast your net wider cos if even international students defer are those particular international students from your country or continent of origin? What if they’re from a different continent altogether?
I don’t mean to get you worked up but stop complaining and wait it out.
There’s always next year. Shalom
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2020, 20:04
Let’s dial it back a little. Part of what drew me to Kellogg was it’s congenial environment. This forum is similarly supposed to be a safe space where we all share with and learn from one another.

In particular, I really appreciate the interview questions and tips that many of you posted. Please keep them coming.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2020, 22:41
I completed my application on May 4th with all recommendation submitted by May 18th. I was told by the admission office that not all candidates will be interviewed at this time due to the shortage of interviewers. Still waiting...
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 24 May 2020, 20:07
Hi. I’m a rolling round 3 candidate and have received an interview match. Am I to take this as a good sign or a neutral one? It sounds like not everyone is getting an interview, so perhaps this is a positive sign?

Thoughts?

Originally posted by 2020MatricCand on 24 May 2020, 12:08.
Last edited by 2020MatricCand on 24 May 2020, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2020, 12:47
2020MatricCand wrote:
Hi. I’m a rolling round 3 candidate and have received an interview match. Am I to take this as a good sign or a neutral one? It sounds like not everyone is getting an interview, so perhaps this is a positive sign? I’m a US applicant, scored 690 on GMAT, and am applying for 1Y, if it matters.

Thoughts?

Congrats on the interview.

When did you apply and when did you get the interview?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg '22 (S)

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 27 May 2020, 19:09
delete

Originally posted by LepeMelim on 25 May 2020, 05:41.
Last edited by LepeMelim on 27 May 2020, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!   [#permalink] 25 May 2020, 05:41

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  36   37   38   39   40   41   42  ...  52    Next  [ 1031 posts ] 

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Lekoben, Padfoot, Priyanka1293