GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Jul 2020, 23:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg '22 (S)
Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 27 May 2020, 19:12
delete

Originally posted by LepeMelim on 27 May 2020, 10:57.
Last edited by LepeMelim on 27 May 2020, 19:12, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Haas '22 (I)
Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 27 May 2020, 11:55
del

Originally posted by gabagolemafia on 27 May 2020, 11:01.
Last edited by gabagolemafia on 27 May 2020, 11:55, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 11:03
It sucks but if you're the Adcom you're looking to fill seats for Sept with ppl who are able to take classes in Evanston. Being unable to obtain a visa is definitely a barrier, however, I'm sure a lot of ppl would have wanted to know this info prior to applying given the amount of effort one expends to complete a single application. Hopefully, you guys get into your other choices.
Current Student
G
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 11:13
AmitPandey250 wrote:
Hello Everyone!

I got some bad news. So, this is insider information. (Coming from a verified source)
Kellogg is not considering any International applicant in the current extended Round 3 due to the obvious reason of VISA. No matter how awesome you are, you have to wait for a year.

I feel sad about the policy of the school. They are open to accepting international applicants. But, they can't admit internationals due to some internal policy they can't reveal. During these difficult times such as the current pandemic, schools must be more thoughtful about the process. During this crisis, where one or other is suffering from the loss of the job or other financial problems. A simple email or notifications that only domestic applicants will be considered would have saved a lot of time, energy, and trust of applicants.

My Advice: If you are an international applicant, and want to submit your application at this moment, then you might want to give it a thought. Do not apply.
Just trying to help you to save your $250. Hope you do!

As a current student I find this post highly questionable and would suggest that unless this poster is willing to reveal their source (and even then I’m skeptical) others should disregard it.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 27 May 2020, 19:12
dleete

Originally posted by LepeMelim on 27 May 2020, 11:17.
Last edited by LepeMelim on 27 May 2020, 19:12, edited 1 time in total.
BSchool Moderator
G
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 11:23
For what it's worth, most if not all schools directly or indirectly (subtly) discourage international students from applying in Round 3, in any given year. This is because by the time R3 results are out, admitted international students end up kinda cutting it too close for visa and other immigration formalities.

Moreover, Round 3 is ALWAYS only about rounding up the class and filling a bare minimum number of seats that are left, which invariably means that the admission rate for this round is drastically lower compared to Rounds 1 and 2.

Coming back to this year and Kellogg's extended Round 3, as long as it's not directly coming from the AdCom, it's not official that they are not going to be intentionally accepting international students. I feel that the OP who's made the comment should either reveal the source or remove the post.

Of course, if one thinks about it, and as has already been stated above, schools are scrambling to fill up the classroom in the most diverse and competitive yet realistic way possible, so it's quite understandable if any AdCom anywhere has doubts about a student actually being able to make it to the school in time, and if that bias were to somehow make its way into their decision-making.

Personally, I feel that schools are doing whatever they can to help more candidates apply, but in the end, it's still a highly selective and fair process. In fact, provisions such as applying without a GMAT score are kind of disadvantageous to those applicants who come from an over-represented pool, such as India and China, which are also known to have high average GMAT scores (which is usually a + in the application).

Again, anyone who's applying in these extended R3 rounds should hopefully assess these odds and the broader situation, and play the game only if it makes sense.

Is Berkeley Haas your dream school?
Join the applicant conversation on this thread.

My GMAT debrief: 12 weeks to 720 --> 3 weeks to 750
Current Student
G

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 11:26
theoryguy wrote:
It sucks but if you're the Adcom you're looking to fill seats for Sept with ppl who are able to take classes in Evanston. Being unable to obtain a visa is definitely a barrier, however, I'm sure a lot of ppl would have wanted to know this info prior to applying given the amount of effort one expends to complete a single application. Hopefully, you guys get into your other choices.

This is not true. The administration has already announced accommodations for current students who cannot be in Evanston because of coronavirus. Remember there is an entire class of second years some of whom went home because of coronavirus earlier this year that may not be able to come back. As long as coronavirus is an issue you don’t need to be in Evanston for classes.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 11:27
LepeMelim wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
AmitPandey250 wrote:
Hello Everyone!

I got some bad news. So, this is insider information. (Coming from a verified source)
Kellogg is not considering any International applicant in the current extended Round 3 due to the obvious reason of VISA. No matter how awesome you are, you have to wait for a year.

I feel sad about the policy of the school. They are open to accepting international applicants. But, they can't admit internationals due to some internal policy they can't reveal. During these difficult times such as the current pandemic, schools must be more thoughtful about the process. During this crisis, where one or other is suffering from the loss of the job or other financial problems. A simple email or notifications that only domestic applicants will be considered would have saved a lot of time, energy, and trust of applicants.

My Advice: If you are an international applicant, and want to submit your application at this moment, then you might want to give it a thought. Do not apply.

As a current student I find this post highly questionable and would suggest that unless this poster is willing to reveal their source (and even then I’m skeptical) others should disregard it.

It seems like this guy is trying ti discourage others from applying.

Sounds like someone is getting the info from the same source as the White House. Did they say they will only admit students who are currently taking hydroxychloroquine? :dazed
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 11:35
FuturePM91 wrote:
theoryguy wrote:

This is not true. The administration has already announced accommodations for current students who cannot be in Evanston because of coronavirus. Remember there is an entire class of second years some of whom went home because of coronavirus earlier this year that may not be able to come back. As long as coronavirus is an issue you don’t need to be in Evanston for classes.

The class of second years went home and took online classes for the remainder of the semester as a reaction to a pandemic. The pandemic here and they’re beginning a new academic year and adjusting accordingly. The setup of the programs are meant for in class as well as the school’s own reopening policy listed on their website. Given the amount of students who express dissatisfaction with the online setup (ie: articles about lawsuits at other institutions) they maybe be hedging themselves in favor of someone more likely to attend classes in person. Of course, this all of the assumption there’s an improvement in the current crisis and not the other way around.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 11:39
FuturePM91 wrote:
AmitPandey250 wrote:
Hello Everyone!

Thanks for the input. And clearing the matter.
It helps
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Haas '22 (I)

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 12:34
I saw this weeks back with Kellogg. They have been really shady and non transparent about the entire ordeal
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 12:38
What Amit said might be true since Trump has banned immigrants into US for next 60 days which can extend further..restrictions include employment visas also..so providing seats to international candidates might not be best option for bschools...best they can do is to carry forward such applications in R1 with no new fees..but yes GMAT waivee requirement will be gone..!!

Please refer below link..

https://www-washingtonpost-com.cdn.ampp ... utType=amp

BSchool Moderator
G
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 12:44
That order does not apply to the F1 visa category which is what most students use to study in the US.

gauravs1005 wrote:
What Amit said might be true since Trump has banned immigrants into US for next 60 days which can extend further..restrictions include employment visas also..so providing seats to international candidates might not be best option for bschools...best they can do is to carry forward such applications in R1 with no new fees..but yes GMAT waivee requirement will be gone..!!

BSchool Moderator
G
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 12:45
If I may ask, what's the basis of your accusation?

gabagolemafia wrote:
I saw this weeks back with Kellogg. They have been really shady and non transparent about the entire ordeal

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 12:48
gabagolemafia wrote:

Give them a break, dude. At the end of the day, they are just trying to do their job with all the craziness going around.

You submit your application and their job is to 1) accept or 2) reject you. It is not their job to email you every week with updates.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 13:22
variantguy wrote:
That order does not apply to the F1 visa category which is what most students use to study in the US.

gauravs1005 wrote:

Trump is targeting Optional Practical Training, which utilized by international students who could potentially stay here and work, on the basis that those students would "stealing" jobs while ppl are unemployed here. A serious blow to those students who want to work in the US post-graduation.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andyjsemot ... 1e8d49ff1c
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 14:11
LepeMelim wrote:
gabagolemafia wrote:

Give them a break, dude. At the end of the day, they are just trying to do their job with all the craziness going around.

You submit your application and their job is to 1) accept or 2) reject you. It is not their job to email you every week with updates.

Agreed. I attended a couple of events and webinars and found the admissions team to be personable and as candid as possible. They're doing the best they can under the circumstances and I trust them to be fair in their dealings with us. Hang in there; hopefully we all get clarity on our applications soon.
Current Student
G

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 18:04
theoryguy wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
theoryguy wrote:

The class of second years went home and took online classes for the remainder of the semester as a reaction to a pandemic. The pandemic here and they’re beginning a new academic year and adjusting accordingly. The setup of the programs are meant for in class as well as the school’s own reopening policy listed on their website. Given the amount of students who express dissatisfaction with the online setup (ie: articles about lawsuits at other institutions) they maybe be hedging themselves in favor of someone more likely to attend classes in person. Of course, this all of the assumption there’s an improvement in the current crisis and not the other way around.

Yes. Yours is assumption. Mine is based on communications from the school as a current student. International students as well as domestic students who don’t feel comfortable traveling will be allowed to continue remote classes if immigration/travel to Evanston isn’t possible. This is true even if in person classes resume in the fall.

Please don’t spread false information. The school is working very hard to accommodate all.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 18:20
FuturePM91 wrote:
theoryguy wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
theoryguy wrote:

Yes. Yours is assumption. Mine is based on communications from the school as a current student. International students as well as domestic students who don’t feel comfortable traveling will be allowed to continue remote classes if immigration/travel to Evanston isn’t possible. This is true even if in person classes resume in the fall.

Please don’t spread false information. The school is working very hard to accommodate all.

I think ppl applying to this school are bright enough to know the difference between a theory and facts. My previous statement isn’t an attempt to spread false information but to logically understand the reasoning behind a previous claim by an int’l student. The board is created for discussion which includes assumptions based on the information at the moment. Take a chill pill dude.
Current Student
G

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 18:51
theoryguy wrote:
I think ppl applying to this school are bright enough to know the difference between a theory and facts. My previous statement isn’t an attempt to spread false information but to logically understand the reasoning behind a previous claim by an int’l student. The board is created for discussion which includes assumptions based on the information at the moment. Take a chill pill dude.

First, I’m a woman, not everyone posting here is male. Second, I’ve been a user here for several years now and I have seen many times where comments like yours are taken as fact especially when they are stated as fact (I.e. they are vs maybe they are/just a theory but..) which is unproductive and unhelpful. No one is challenging the intelligence of people applying to these programs but bschool applications are an extremely stressful and anxious time so not everyone is thinking clearly and over analysis leading to incorrect assumptions is common.

If you’re going to post an assumption or theory please clearly state that and not post your assumptions as fact.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!   [#permalink] 27 May 2020, 18:51

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  38   39   40   41   42   43   44  ...  51    Next  [ 1011 posts ] 

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Priyanka1293, Lekoben, Padfoot