Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 15:31 It is currently 09 May 2024, 15:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

How can GMAT Club help you in getting off the Waitlist?

12% [2]
6% [1]
31% [5]
50% [8]
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [0]
Given Kudos: 158
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, Nonprofit
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V47
GPA: 3.52
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
GPA: 3.24
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Waitlisted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017) [#permalink]
dtse86 wrote:
cguarnieri wrote:
dtse86 wrote:
Well, just officially got the ding :(

Funny thing was I was just checking the application status page when I got an email that I had an update. Re-checked and after a few refreshes the page updated before my eyes. Scanned across the first few words and saw "regret"... which told me right away.

Well good luck to anyone still on the list!

I've been checking my application status all day today too (I didn't receive an email, just felt a weird gut instinct) - I haven't seen anything yet though. What round were you waitlisted in?

I was waitlisted R1. It was pretty quiet on my end and never received any feedback.

cguarnieri - Same here, what round were you WLed?

The waiting is killing me, at this point if I'm getting dinged that would be ok, I just want to know.

dtse86 - Best of luck at Johnson, I have some coworkers that went there and they all have great things to say about it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT Date: 12-20-2013
GPA: 3.5
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Waitlisted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017) [#permalink]
JD / MBA applicant here.

Just got a call from the admissions office. Not sure what to make of it. Lady said they were contacting me to know if there were any updates to my application and how I was doing regarding the previous updates I mentioned.

She also said the waitlist is reviewed on a rolling basis and that they can't tell when a final decision will be made.

She did ask me about other school deadlines and work deadlines.

hope this helps.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
cguarnieri wrote:

That's a bummer - but hey, at least you've got some closure on it now. The lack of any communication is pretty excruciating.

Yea the closure is nice. Being in waitlist purgatory was stressing me out! :madd I only wish I had a little more communication from the admissions team. :|

I kinda expected it was coming for a while now. I was actually just happy that I didn't get dinged outright! :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
saraviamario wrote:
JD / MBA applicant here.

Just got a call from the admissions office. Not sure what to make of it. Lady said they were contacting me to know if there were any updates to my application and how I was doing regarding the previous updates I mentioned.

She also said the waitlist is reviewed on a rolling basis and that they can't tell when a final decision will be made.

hope this helps.

Sounds promising. All the people that were previously admitted received a similar call about a week before they got in.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Thanks DYDT !

Yea, I'm not upset at all about ending up at Johnson. It's a great school and I'm sure I'll have a shot at getting where I want to go.

But was really looking forward to spending some time in Evanston. Oh Well :dunnow
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
DYDT wrote:
saraviamario wrote:
JD / MBA applicant here.

hope this helps.

Sounds promising. All the people that were previously admitted received a similar call about a week before they got in.

I think it sounds very good as well. What round were you waitlisted?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT Date: 12-20-2013
GPA: 3.5
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
thanks, lets hope so. I was wait listed in the first round.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Send PM
No ding, no call. Round 1 WL.

Maybe they just forgot about me?
Retired Moderator
Send PM
forevertfc wrote:
No ding, no call. Round 1 WL.

Maybe they just forgot about me?

I have a feeling for all of you still on the WL with no notice, that you'll be asked to join the summer waitlist.

:gl ! At least you're still in it!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
R2 waitlister here. Heard nothing yesterday or today. Might break my refresh button over the next couple of weeks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Im thinking they mainly just dealt with R1 Waitlisters. Hopefully us R2 WL will hear in the next couple of days. My main concern is for us the MMM people who's program starts in less than a month now and haven't heard anything yet. Good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
R1 WL & international applicant - I've heard nothing.

A previous post mentioned that the AdCom said that international applicants would hear at the end of May so who knows?!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just got dinged. Good luck to anyone who is still onboard!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Anyone heard of any 2 year applicants (not MMM or dual degree) who have gotten off the waitlist?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
2017mba wrote:
Anyone heard of any 2 year applicants (not MMM or dual degree) who have gotten off the waitlist?

The only person I heard got off the WL since mid-April was a MMM applicant (on this board). That said, I'm pretty sure they have probably called some people during that time period with good news, unfortunately just none of us.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.62
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Has anyone that isn't MMM or JD even heard one way or another? Seems like the dings have been those two...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
R1 MMM Applicant - just got an email to confirm my interest in remaining on the waitlist
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts