GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Nov 2018, 14:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • MBA Interview Prep: How to Ace Your Interviews

November 15, 2018

November 15, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

Learn the steps you need to take to ace your interviews and get accepted!
  • Advice For Applicants Considering Round 2

November 16, 2018

November 16, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

Many of you may be wondering whether you should pull the trigger and apply to business school during round 2 this winter.

Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.45
WE: Consulting (Entertainment and Sports)
Re: Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2018, 09:04
swapnilsaran wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm a bit confused with the MBS application form. Are there no essays except the Motivation Letter and "what differentiates us" question?
Is there a word limit specified anywhere for these that I may have missed?

Any quick response would be much appreciated! :)

Motivation letter - 1 page
Ideal to use regular margins and font size 11/12

No word limit specified !
Manager
Manager
B
Re: Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2018, 09:07
If you are in Germany still, make time to attend the open day. This is really important for the admission's team to get a first hand impression of you

ShrishT wrote:
jayinde wrote:
Sorry, wanted to post this here, ended up starting a new topic, newbie error :roll:

Hi All, my first post here, just gave my GMAT, starting to put together the documents to apply to my target schools for 2020 intake. Being based in Germany and wanting to continue working here, MBS is one of my top targets. Would appreciate a profile eval by some of the experienced members and also any further details on the point below will be highly appreciated:

Nationality: India
GMAT score: 690 (Q 48, V 37, IR 7)
Work Exp: 10 years, 7 of those in Germany
Educational background: Commerce, Chartered Accountant
German language skills: Intermediate (B2 level)

1) Specifically on my profile: is my age and work experience a hindrance for European MBA programs and specifically for MBS? I believe the average age for European programs tends to be about 30

2) Transcripts: from the MBS website, I understand that the entire application needs to be sent in one pdf, which I assume would include transcripts as well. I always thought that the univerities are supposed to send the transcripts to colleges directly and not via the applicant, is this understanding incorrect?

Thanks for any insights that you guys can share.

Cheers, Jay

Hi,
are you looking at part-time MBA or full time program?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2018, 23:44
[quote="ShrishT"]If you are in Germany still, make time to attend the open day. This is really important for the admission's team to get a first hand impression of you

Hi Shrish, thank you very much for both your replies, much appreciated. I will be attending the Open day in November, I have already connected with and sent my CV to Stefanie. Looking forward to it, if you are around and have time, then would be great to interact in person with you as well. Regards, Jay
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2018, 04:44
jayinde wrote:
ShrishT wrote:
If you are in Germany still, make time to attend the open day. This is really important for the admission's team to get a first hand impression of you

Hi Shrish, thank you very much for both your replies, much appreciated. I will be attending the Open day in November, I have already connected with and sent my CV to Stefanie. Looking forward to it, if you are around and have time, then would be great to interact in person with you as well. Regards, Jay

Cool, I will see you at the open day then!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2018, 03:15
Anyone submitted the video presentation on 31st Oct. ??

Till when can we expect a reply?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2018, 03:30
I heard back from them within a day after my video submission (earlier in October).
November 1st was a holiday in Germany, so that might be the reason why you still haven't heard from them.

Wishing you all the very best! :)

jtshmahajan wrote:
Anyone submitted the video presentation on 31st Oct. ??

Till when can we expect a reply?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2018, 04:41
vinusabby wrote:
Hi,

Mannheim Business School Website mentions international experience as a mandatory criteria. I don't have any international work experience as of now, but I intend to get some exposure and also learn German before joining. Any way ahead?

Are you sure it's mandatory?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2018, 04:43
Hi Shrish, thank you very much for both your replies, much appreciated. I will be attending the Open day in November, I have already connected with and sent my CV to Stefanie. Looking forward to it, if you are around and have time, then would be great to interact in person with you as well. Regards, Jay[/quote]

Hi. Is international exposure mandatory ?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! &nbs [#permalink] 04 Nov 2018, 04:43

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 28 posts ] 

Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap