It is currently 22 Feb 2018, 02:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!

  post reply Update application status  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 295
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE: Marketing (Retail)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2015, 02:29
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hey @aravnith545,

Thanks for this.

The confusing part in that is below:

aravinth545 wrote:

If submitting your application on the submission deadline date, your application fee is not required by the deadline.



It doesn't say anything about those who submitted their application prior to the deadline date (since I submitted on 12th, a day before deadline day). Just wanted a clarification on that. In all probability, there is nothing to worry about.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Posts: 91
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2015, 02:41
Also, I needed to confirm one thing. I sent my official GMAT Score Report on 11th October and received the "Score Report Fulfillment" e-mail the next day saying that my score report has been made available to the University. But I still see that the GMAT Score is pending in the "My Status" page of the application. Am I interpreting the "Score Report Fulfillment" correctly? Or does it take 2-3 weeks for the scores to reach? Also, would McCombs not review our application till they receive the official scores?

Thanks in advance.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Aug 2011
Posts: 62
Location: United States
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
WE: Account Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Reviews Badge
Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2015, 02:49
1
This post received
KUDOS
lav4 wrote:
Also, I needed to confirm one thing. I sent my official GMAT Score Report on 11th October and received the "Score Report Fulfillment" e-mail the next day saying that my score report has been made available to the University. But I still see that the GMAT Score is pending in the "My Status" page of the application. Am I interpreting the "Score Report Fulfillment" correctly? Or does it take 2-3 weeks for the scores to reach? Also, would McCombs not review our application till they receive the official scores?

Thanks in advance.


I'm dealing with the same situation. Sent my score out on the 12th and Pearson sent me the Score Fulfillment Report yesterday. I think the system needs a few weeks to usually get it out to the school. This is what says on the McCombs submission page:

"Official test scores can take up to 3 weeks to show up in your formal application record at UT-GIAC (from the date of official score submission). If you have recently submitted your application, please allow a few business days for your official test scores to load into your application record (if you have previously submitted scores to the McCombs School of Business MBA Program)."

I wouldn't worry all that much about it. As long as the score is made available to the school, they can review with the application. Most schools typically use the official score upon final review rather than at the first glance of the application.
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 16 Jun 2015
Posts: 174
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2015, 03:31
samkhat77 wrote:
lav4 wrote:
Also, I needed to confirm one thing. I sent my official GMAT Score Report on 11th October and received the "Score Report Fulfillment" e-mail the next day saying that my score report has been made available to the University. But I still see that the GMAT Score is pending in the "My Status" page of the application. Am I interpreting the "Score Report Fulfillment" correctly? Or does it take 2-3 weeks for the scores to reach? Also, would McCombs not review our application till they receive the official scores?

Thanks in advance.


I'm dealing with the same situation. Sent my score out on the 12th and Pearson sent me the Score Fulfillment Report yesterday. I think the system needs a few weeks to usually get it out to the school. This is what says on the McCombs submission page:

"Official test scores can take up to 3 weeks to show up in your formal application record at UT-GIAC (from the date of official score submission). If you have recently submitted your application, please allow a few business days for your official test scores to load into your application record (if you have previously submitted scores to the McCombs School of Business MBA Program)."

I wouldn't worry all that much about it. As long as the score is made available to the school, they can review with the application. Most schools typically use the official score upon final review rather than at the first glance of the application.


Yes I agree with that. Due to huge application load, they may not be able to update the status soon.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Feb 2015
Posts: 55
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2015, 03:56
Hi,

For those who have paid the fees, is there any option for applying for a waiver there?

I got a mail when I attended the MBA event in Seoul for the application waiver.

But the application itself mentioned waivers only for specific programs, so I couldn't apply in that section.

So wanted to know if there is a section for mentioning a fee waiver in the What I Owe section.

Thanks.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Sep 2014
Posts: 42
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.1
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2015, 20:33
Hi guys,

Submitted my application on oct 13th.
Do you guys have any idea about when we should expect interview invitations?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 07 Oct 2011
Posts: 59
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2015, 23:06
Guys is anyone else facing the same problem as me (see below)

I am eligible for a TOEFL Waiver based on the following condition
"You were educated solely in English for your undergraduate and/or prior graduate degree."
In my application I had uploaded a "Medium of Instruction" certificate along with my transcripts to validate it.
My transcripts and the medium of instruction certificate are official copies and satisfy the conditions for transcripts.
But "My Status" page shows that I need to submit my TOEFL scores

I have dropped a mail to the McCombs application processing folks for this.
Has anyone else faced this problem or is facing this problem?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 May 2014
Posts: 32
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE: Operations (Transportation)
Reviews Badge
Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2015, 23:37
newfish wrote:
Guys is anyone else facing the same problem as me (see below)

I am eligible for a TOEFL Waiver based on the following condition
"You were educated solely in English for your undergraduate and/or prior graduate degree."
In my application I had uploaded a "Medium of Instruction" certificate along with my transcripts to validate it.
My transcripts and the medium of instruction certificate are official copies and satisfy the conditions for transcripts.
But "My Status" page shows that I need to submit my TOEFL scores

I have dropped a mail to the McCombs application processing folks for this.
Has anyone else faced this problem or is facing this problem?


I am facing the same issue. I read somewhere that it will be like this till they start reviewing applications. After that they will update the issue.
Do let me know when they reply to your email.
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 295
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE: Marketing (Retail)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2015, 23:55
newfish wrote:
Guys is anyone else facing the same problem as me (see below)

I am eligible for a TOEFL Waiver based on the following condition
"You were educated solely in English for your undergraduate and/or prior graduate degree."
In my application I had uploaded a "Medium of Instruction" certificate along with my transcripts to validate it.
My transcripts and the medium of instruction certificate are official copies and satisfy the conditions for transcripts.
But "My Status" page shows that I need to submit my TOEFL scores

I have dropped a mail to the McCombs application processing folks for this.
Has anyone else faced this problem or is facing this problem?


As per my experience last year, the TOEFL status takes a few weeks to update on the "My Status" page. No need to worry.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Sep 2013
Posts: 34
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.65
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2015, 05:10
nandoval wrote:
Hi guys,

Submitted my application on oct 13th.
Do you guys have any idea about when we should expect interview invitations?


If you look at last year's thread, it appears that the first round of interview requests were sent out 7-10 days after the deadline. Best of luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Jun 2015
Posts: 25
Concentration: Finance
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2015, 06:54
I still haven't received the email with instructions to pay the application fee.

Anyone else in the same boat?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 07 Oct 2011
Posts: 59
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2015, 09:31
gmataroram wrote:
newfish wrote:
Guys is anyone else facing the same problem as me (see below)

I am eligible for a TOEFL Waiver based on the following condition
"You were educated solely in English for your undergraduate and/or prior graduate degree."
In my application I had uploaded a "Medium of Instruction" certificate along with my transcripts to validate it.
My transcripts and the medium of instruction certificate are official copies and satisfy the conditions for transcripts.
But "My Status" page shows that I need to submit my TOEFL scores

I have dropped a mail to the McCombs application processing folks for this.
Has anyone else faced this problem or is facing this problem?


I am facing the same issue. I read somewhere that it will be like this till they start reviewing applications. After that they will update the issue.
Do let me know when they reply to your email.


Got the following reply. Feeling somewhat better now.

"If you request a TOEFL or IELTS waiver, you may see these scores listed as an outstanding requirement in your online status check, as your waiver status is not updated instantaneously. Our admissions team will contact you directly during the admissions process if your waiver is not approved and you need to submit an English language proficiency test score."
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Sep 2014
Posts: 42
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.1
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2015, 17:34
vivekdesai88 wrote:
I still haven't received the email with instructions to pay the application fee.

Anyone else in the same boat?


Hi,

I don't think you should wait for instructions via e-mail.
Login here: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/acct/rec/wio/wio_home.WBX

1 day after submitting my application, I was able to pay via this page.
hope it helps.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Jun 2015
Posts: 25
Concentration: Finance
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2015, 17:36
nandoval wrote:
vivekdesai88 wrote:
I still haven't received the email with instructions to pay the application fee.

Anyone else in the same boat?


Hi,

I don't think you should wait for instructions via e-mail.
Login here: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/acct/rec/wio/wio_home.WBX

1 day after submitting my application, I was able to pay via this page.
hope it helps.


I did check the "What i Owe" page yesterday and today. I still get the following message "Our records indicate that you do not have a billing record with the University of Texas Austin."
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Sep 2014
Posts: 42
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.1
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2015, 17:39
vivekdesai88 wrote:
nandoval wrote:
vivekdesai88 wrote:
I still haven't received the email with instructions to pay the application fee.

Anyone else in the same boat?


Hi,

I don't think you should wait for instructions via e-mail.
Login here: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/acct/rec/wio/wio_home.WBX

1 day after submitting my application, I was able to pay via this page.
hope it helps.


I did check the "What i Owe" page yesterday and today. I still get the following message "Our records indicate that you do not have a billing record with the University of Texas Austin."


Oww, too bad.
I checked right after submitting app and got this same message, but yesterday I was able to see a pending $200 payment.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Jun 2015
Posts: 25
Concentration: Finance
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2015, 17:47
nandoval wrote:
vivekdesai88 wrote:

I did check the "What i Owe" page yesterday and today. I still get the following message "Our records indicate that you do not have a billing record with the University of Texas Austin."


Oww, too bad.
I checked right after submitting app and got this same message, but yesterday I was able to see a pending $200 payment.
[/quote]

Thanks! Ill call Adcom tomorrow since it has been two days. Perhaps it will show up in a few days.
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Sep 2014
Posts: 42
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.1
Reviews Badge
Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2015, 13:44
2
This post received
KUDOS
Hi guys,

Received an interview invitation today.
Scheduled for next week.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 May 2014
Posts: 32
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE: Operations (Transportation)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2015, 13:47
nandoval wrote:
Hi guys,

Received an interview invitation today.
Scheduled to next week.


Hi
Did you receive an email or in the applicant portal.
Where are you based?
Did you opt for in-person or Skype interview?
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Sep 2014
Posts: 42
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.1
Reviews Badge
Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2015, 13:59
1
This post received
KUDOS
gmataroram wrote:
nandoval wrote:
Hi guys,

Received an interview invitation today.
Scheduled to next week.


Hi
Did you receive an email or in the applicant portal.
Where are you based?
Did you opt for in-person or Skype interview?



Hi,
I got an e-mail today at 1:10pm.
I'm from Brazil, but right now I'm based in Austin as I'm taking another course at UT.
Scheduled an on campus interview.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Posts: 91
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2015, 17:43
1
This post received
KUDOS
Scheduled a Skype interview next week :)
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!   [#permalink] 19 Oct 2015, 17:43

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  33    Next  [ 644 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!

  post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.