Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:50 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: Stern '23 (D)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2023 Intake (Class of 2025) [#permalink]
Please i can't seem to access the recording, can someone please assist in sending it again.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2023 Intake (Class of 2025) [#permalink]
Is Ross still planning to send interview invites or is it done for R2?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 117
Send PM
Kudos
I think they are done for R2. Someone had posted a mail from Adcom a couple of days ago saying the same
Tuck School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [1]
Given Kudos: 152
GMAT 1: 540 Q38 V21
GRE 1: Q158 V152
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
aadharg wrote:
I think they are done for R2. Someone had posted a mail from Adcom a couple of days ago saying the same

I wish they would atleast send a mail to all saying the same.
No response is so misleading.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Tommmmss wrote:
Please i can’t seem to access the recording, can someone please assist in sending it again.

Did you fill out the Google form?

ross-interview-prep-session-with-former-ross-admissions-director-406056.html
Just had my interview. It was a horrible experience. :(
So, my interviewer was Kenneth Katz (a Ross alum). He graduated from Ross MBA in 1997!
Seeing his profile, I was already skeptical on the interview format. As feared, it was a very very serious interview, and he was not in a good mood. He did not smile even once.
Nothing like the 6 other MBA interviews I have given in the last days.
The questions were the same that are already on the debrief (Why MBA, Why Ross, TMAT when u worked in a team, conflict with team member/boss, setback).
He kept on complaining throughout the interview that I'm speaking too fast although I think I was conversing very fine as in other interviews. Maybe it was due to his age. He even told me that "I'm speaking fast because I might be nervous, and this is not how an interview should be given". I think it was very rude of him.

Should I email the adcom on my experience? I know it's a done case for me but at least it might help someone else.
A new Ross Michigan Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ross-196/interview_debrief.html#debrief-2578
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: Stern '23 (D)
Send PM
Osama6363 wrote:
Just had my interview. It was a horrible experience. :( So, my interviewer was Kenneth Katz (a Ross alum). He graduated from Ross MBA in 1997! Seeing his profile, I was already skeptical on the interview format. As feared, it was a very very serious interview, and he was not in a good mood. He did not smile even once. Nothing like the 6 other MBA interviews I have given in the last days. The questions were the same that are already on the debrief (Why MBA, Why Ross, TMAT when u worked in a team, conflict with team member/boss, setback). He kept on complaining throughout the interview that I’m speaking too fast although I think I was conversing very fine as in other interviews. Maybe it was due to his age. He even told me that "I’m speaking fast because I might be nervous, and this is not how an interview should be given". I think it was very rude of him. Should I email the adcom on my experience? I know it’s a done case for me but at least it might help someone else.

oh no.. that’s sad.. maybe u shud
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Send PM
That’s unfortunate. How has the experience been for others who have interviewed recently? Could you share debriefs?
Kelley School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
Osama6363 wrote:
Just had my interview. It was a horrible experience. :( So, my interviewer was Kenneth Katz (a Ross alum). He graduated from Ross MBA in 1997! Seeing his profile, I was already skeptical on the interview format. As feared, it was a very very serious interview, and he was not in a good mood. He did not smile even once. Nothing like the 6 other MBA interviews I have given in the last days. The questions were the same that are already on the debrief (Why MBA, Why Ross, TMAT when u worked in a team, conflict with team member/boss, setback). He kept on complaining throughout the interview that I’m speaking too fast although I think I was conversing very fine as in other interviews. Maybe it was due to his age. He even told me that "I’m speaking fast because I might be nervous, and this is not how an interview should be given". I think it was very rude of him. Should I email the adcom on my experience? I know it’s a done case for me but at least it might help someone else.

This is something I wanted to highlight when i said that interview should be conducted by adcom members only..they are professional and know how to comduct an interview in right manner

it is really bad that it happened to you....adcom must be reviewing the recording?? or they totally rely on feedback/scoring givrn by interviewer

Originally posted by Neverbackdown25 on 10 Feb 2023, 05:56.
Last edited by Neverbackdown25 on 10 Feb 2023, 06:01, edited 1 time in total.
Kudos
Neverbackdown25 wrote:
Osama6363 wrote:

This is something I wanted to highlight when i said that interview should be conducted by adcom members only..they are professional and know how to comduct an interview in right manner

it is really bad that it happened to you....adcom must be reviewing the recording?? or they totally rely on feedback/scoring givrn by interviewer

I dont know if it was recorded.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 117
Send PM
Osama6363 wrote:
I dont know if it was recorded.

I doubt they are recorded because otherwise it’s as good as adcom taking the interview. You should email them and politely ask if its possible to schedule it with someone else
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi, everyone,

If you attended the Michigan Ross interview prep session with Diana Economy this past Wednesday, please take the following survey and let us know your feedback. This is very important for us to keep delivering the best content possible for you. You can take the survey at the following link.

https://forms.gle/8MUf8XAGyd5Jy7rs9
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Ross '25 (II)
Send PM
Kudos
Just had my interview! It was a good experience. Lasted for 30 mins. Not sure what to read out of this :) The questions were straightforward. Interviewer was very friendly!

TMAT where you lead a team
TMAT how you coped from a professional setback and what did you do to turn it around
TMAT where you were out of your comfort zone
How do you approach situations where you have difference in opinion

Hope this helps!!!

Originally posted by pk2088888 on 10 Feb 2023, 22:33.
Last edited by pk2088888 on 10 Feb 2023, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
so sorry about your experience, not sure how the Adcom would take it but no reason not to try.

Osama6363 wrote:
Just had my interview. It was a horrible experience. :(
So, my interviewer was Kenneth Katz (a Ross alum). He graduated from Ross MBA in 1997!
Seeing his profile, I was already skeptical on the interview format. As feared, it was a very very serious interview, and he was not in a good mood. He did not smile even once.
Nothing like the 6 other MBA interviews I have given in the last days.
The questions were the same that are already on the debrief (Why MBA, Why Ross, TMAT when u worked in a team, conflict with team member/boss, setback).
He kept on complaining throughout the interview that I'm speaking too fast although I think I was conversing very fine as in other interviews. Maybe it was due to his age. He even told me that "I'm speaking fast because I might be nervous, and this is not how an interview should be given". I think it was very rude of him.

Should I email the adcom on my experience? I know it's a done case for me but at least it might help someone else.
Current Student
Status:He came. He saw. He conquered. -- Going to Business School -- Corruptus in Extremis
Own Kudos [?]: 5743 [0]
Given Kudos: 3054
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Send PM
Expert Reply
Osama6363 wrote:

I’d reach out to Michigan and explain the unprofessionalism. They will be responsive. I can’t guarantee that they will give you another interview, although that does happen from time to time, but at least it’ll be on the record and you’ll save others in the future from his interviews
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1047 [0]
Given Kudos: 630
Schools: Ross '25 (M$)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
Send PM
Osama6363 My friend had a horror show in her CBS interview. But she still got admitted to the program. Sometimes alums just want to see how one performs under duress. So, I am not completely sold off the idea that one should complain to adcoms about it. Interviewers are one of their own, so not sure if that’s the best strategy going forward. Also, you can not do any good to your candidacy by taking that step anyway, so why risk it?
Also, interviews are not recorded, interviewers provide their overall feedback on the interviewee sometimes by filling up a sheet of questionnaires and short notes.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  35   36   37   38   39   40   41  ...  58   
Moderators:
MBA Section Director
438 posts
Ross & Kellogg Moderator
203 posts
49 posts