GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 18:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.83
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2018, 16:42
Just submitted my Round 1 application for LGO 2021, best of luck to everyone who is applying this year :)
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Sloan '21 (S)
GMAT 1: 750 Q53 V36
GRE 1: Q170 V161
GPA: 3.65
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 20:33
Unable to submit application:

Is anyone else getting this issue?

We have detected the following errors with your application.
These errors must be corrected before submission.

Section Required Field or Error
Personal Information If you have already applied to the MBA Program this year, you are not able to also submit an LGO application.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 20:55
sunnysourav wrote:

Personal Information If you have already applied to the MBA Program this year, you are not able to also submit an LGO application.

Looks like you have submitted a MBA application this year? If so you won't be able to submit a LGO application. Wise-versa, if you already submitted a LGO application, you won't be able to apply for MBA. The difference is if you apply LGO, you will be automatically considered for MBA as well. I would think if you submitted a MBA-only application first, you won't be considered for LGO as well.

I didn't have this error since I only did an application in LGO.
Intern
Intern
B
Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 21:00
Mavina89 wrote:
sunnysourav wrote:

Looks like you have submitted a MBA application this year? If so you won't be able to submit a LGO application. Wise-versa, if you already submitted a LGO application, you won't be able to apply for MBA. The difference is if you apply LGO, you will be automatically considered for MBA as well. I would think if you submitted a MBA-only application first, you won't be considered for LGO as well.

The thing is I have not submitted any application to Sloan either MBA or to any other program. Not this year not any year. This is my very first application. I don't know wha to do? Any suggestions.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 21:05
sunnysourav wrote:
Mavina89 wrote:
sunnysourav wrote:

The thing is I have not submitted any application to Sloan either MBA or to any other program. Not this year not any year. This is my very first application.

Check to see if you open an application to MBA? if you only opened a LGO application this year, then it might be a system error. I encountered an error before telling me to fill-out the country of birth, which I have done so already. I had to email MIT LGO Admission team to get it sorted out.

Sometime it is website bug thou (meaning MIT side sees the application as good to go, but you still see the error). I would say contact MIT ASAP to get this helped.

Good luck!
BSchool Forum Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 21:19
Mavina89 wrote:
I would say contact MIT ASAP to get this helped.

+1 for this advice. Get in touch with the admissions committee and get it resolved.

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 06:05
Please submit a one-page resume (Times New Roman 10 point font preferred) that includes your employment history and academic record in reverse chronological order. Other information appropriate to a business resume is welcomed and encouraged, including extracurricular activities, awards, and achievements. Please REDACT your name, address, and contact information.

Has anyone noticed the REDACT thing?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 07:29
Finally submitted my application.
Intern
Intern
Schools: MIT LGO or bust
WE 1: Energy

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 09:51
Hi everyone, I'm in for Round 1. Best of luck to everyone!

By the way, does anyone else notice how compressed the timeline is for Round 1?
If the app deadline is Sept 25th, and the interviews are to occur in late Oct/early Nov, with the final decision on Dec 19th, would that imply that interview invites go out within the next two weeks? (So that those invited to interview can write the interview essay and prepare for the interview itself).

Does anyone know when Round 1 interview invites were sent out in the past?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 11:58
gurakshun wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm in for Round 1. Best of luck to everyone!

By the way, does anyone else notice how compressed the timeline is for Round 1?
If the app deadline is Sept 25th, and the interviews are to occur in late Oct/early Nov, with the final decision on Dec 19th, would that imply that interview invites go out within the next two weeks? (So that those invited to interview can write the interview essay and prepare for the interview itself).

Does anyone know when Round 1 interview invites were sent out in the past?

Here's last year's thread: https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 51544.html

Based on that, the first interview invite reported on this forum is 10/26/2017. I would think maybe similar time frame this year? LGO probably assumes that 250 word essay could be prepared upfront since they posted on their website, hence might not be included in the buffer time between invite & actual interview...

Best of luck to you Gurakshun :), the stressful wait started.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 12:24
Mavina89 wrote:

Here's last year's thread: https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 51544.html

Based on that, the first interview invite reported on this forum is 10/26/2017. I would think maybe similar time frame this year? LGO probably assumes that 250 word essay could be prepared upfront since they posted on their website, hence might not be included in the buffer time between invite & actual interview...

Best of luck to you Gurakshun :), the stressful wait started.

Thanks Mavina! My first thought is that it's funny that they expect we should be working on the essay while an invite still isn't confirmed, but that's probably the best way to handle it rather than doing the essay and the interview prep at the same time.

The next few weeks will probably fly by :) Best of luck to you as well.
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q167 V164
GPA: 3.78

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 17:42
Submitted my application a little while ago but just noticed that the text at the top of the application reads as the following:

"Thank you for submitting your application to the MIT LGO program.

We are currently reviewing applications and will email interview invitations soon. Interviews are by invitation only. Round 2 interviews will take place in late January through mid-February.

Please refer to the checklist below to view items that have not yet been received. Incomplete applications will be reviewed "as-is"."

I submitted to round 1 and ensured that it says round 1 on the actual application. Is this just a carry over from last year? Does anyone else have this as the text on their application checklist? Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 19:23
Stephenm0518 wrote:
Submitted my application a little while ago but just noticed that the text at the top of the application reads as the following:

We are currently reviewing applications and will email interview invitations soon. Interviews are by invitation only. Round 2 interviews will take place in late January through mid-February.

Please refer to the checklist below to view items that have not yet been received. Incomplete applications will be reviewed "as-is"."

I submitted to round 1 and ensured that it says round 1 on the actual application. Is this just a carry over from last year? Does anyone else have this as the text on their application checklist? Thanks in advance.

Hiya Stephen,

After replying to your message, I went back into my application and pull up the application proof, under"personal information", I was able to see this confirmation:

Application round: Round 1: September 25, 2018.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2018, 06:42
Stephenm0518 wrote:

Hi Stephenm,

I can confirm that my "application status" page reads the exact same as yours. I also show round 1 on my application proof.

Best of luck to you.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2018, 10:22
Yeah I confirmed my proof has the round 1 on it as well. Unfortunate that it isn't consistent to prevent confusion.

gurakshun wrote:
Stephenm0518 wrote:

Hi Stephenm,

I can confirm that my "application status" page reads the exact same as yours. I also show round 1 on my application proof.

Best of luck to you.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2018, 12:15
Stephenm0518 wrote:
Yeah I confirmed my proof has the round 1 on it as well. Unfortunate that it isn't consistent to prevent confusion.

gurakshun wrote:
Stephenm0518 wrote:

Hi Stephenm,

Best of luck to you.

I checked in with Pam and she did confirm that I'm in for Round 1, so I assume other people with similar vague statements on the application status page compared to the application proof are in the same boat.

She also mentioned that Round 1 interviews will take place "in the beginning through mid-November", and "Interview invitations will be sent a few weeks before the interviews". No exact dates to be given out yet.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2018, 14:50
Hi LGO Applicants!
What departments did everyone apply for? I'm applying for ChemE.
Cheers!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2018, 15:31
Nugget22 wrote:
Hi LGO Applicants!
Cheers!

Hi Nugget, I applied for ChemE too.

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2018, 22:21
I applied to MechE.

Nugget22 wrote:
Hi LGO Applicants!
Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2018, 20:16
I applied for the Operations Research Center

Nugget22 wrote:
Hi LGO Applicants!
Cheers!

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! &nbs [#permalink] 03 Oct 2018, 20:16

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 57 posts ] 

Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap