GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Nov 2018, 18:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
28293031123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
2526272829301
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Sep 2018
Posts: 18
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.83
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2018, 12:05
gurakshun wrote:
Received invite. 10/28/2018 timestamp 2:38 PM CST. Interview dates are surprisingly early, Nov 5-7 in Cambridge.

Best of luck to you all.

Edit: I am based in the US.


Congratz :D

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Oct 2017
Posts: 9
Location: United States (CA)
Schools: MIT-LGO '21 (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2018, 12:07
Congratulations, gurakshun! Thanks for sharing the details.

gurakshun wrote:
Received invite. 10/28/2018 timestamp 2:38 PM CST. Interview dates are surprisingly early, Nov 5-7 in Cambridge.

Best of luck to you all.

Edit: I am based in the US.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jul 2018
Posts: 12
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2018, 13:29
I got an invite! (After refreshing my email only about a thousand times).
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Oct 2017
Posts: 9
Location: United States (CA)
Schools: MIT-LGO '21 (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2018, 13:44
Congratulations, Nugget22! What geographic location are you applying from, if you don't mind me asking?

Nugget22 wrote:
I got an invite! (After refreshing my email only about a thousand times).
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Nov 2017
Posts: 1
Location: India
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.9
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2018, 13:50
Congrats Nugget22... My application portal screen still shows reviewing application. Fingers crossed. Maybe I’ll join you too

Nugget22 wrote:
I got an invite! (After refreshing my email only about a thousand times).


Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Oct 2010
Posts: 25
Schools: MIT LGO or bust
WE 1: Energy
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2018, 13:52
1
FamilyGuy wrote:
Congrats Nugget22... My application portal screen still shows reviewing application. Fingers crossed. Maybe I’ll join you too

Nugget22 wrote:
I got an invite! (After refreshing my email only about a thousand times).


Posted from my mobile device


Hi FamilyGuy, the application portal won't update till much later. The only way to get notified of an interview is via e-mail.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jul 2018
Posts: 12
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2018, 13:58
SohCahToa wrote:
Congratulations, Nugget22! What geographic location are you applying from, if you don't mind me asking?

Nugget22 wrote:
I got an invite! (After refreshing my email only about a thousand times).


I'm in CA.
Sending best wishes for good news to everyone in the upcoming weeks.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Oct 2017
Posts: 9
Location: United States (CA)
Schools: MIT-LGO '21 (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 15:12
LGO should be extending additional interview invitations tomorrow. Best of luck, everyone!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2018
Posts: 4
Schools: Haas '21 (II)
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2018, 11:44
SohCahToa wrote:
LGO should be extending additional interview invitations tomorrow. Best of luck, everyone!


It's probably highly unlikely anyone from LGO will get an interview now. From the past, it seems like all LGO invites go out on the same day.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Oct 2017
Posts: 9
Location: United States (CA)
Schools: MIT-LGO '21 (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2018, 15:51
helloeveryonee wrote:
SohCahToa wrote:
LGO should be extending additional interview invitations tomorrow. Best of luck, everyone!


It's probably highly unlikely anyone from LGO will get an interview now. From the past, it seems like all LGO invites go out on the same day.


During LGO Preview Day, Pam briefly mentioned that the majority of the LGO class is accepted in R2. The benefit of submitting your application in R1 is that it will have a longer "shelf life". Anyone else at Preview Day recall this comment?

If it's true that all of the R1 LGO interview invites have already been extended, I anticipate that for those of us still waiting on interview invites, we will most likely be rejected or waitlisted for R2 come Monday. Although the thought of waiting another 2 months makes me nauseous, it at least gives me some hope that my chances are non-zero heading into Monday.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Oct 2010
Posts: 25
Schools: MIT LGO or bust
WE 1: Energy
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2018, 18:28
SohCahToa wrote:

During LGO Preview Day, Pam briefly mentioned that the majority of the LGO class is accepted in R2. The benefit of submitting your application in R1 is that it will have a longer "shelf life". Anyone else at Preview Day recall this comment?

If it's true that all of the R1 LGO interview invites have already been extended, I anticipate that for those of us still waiting on interview invites, we will most likely be rejected or waitlisted for R2 come Monday. Although the thought of waiting another 2 months makes me nauseous, it at least gives me some hope that my chances are non-zero heading into Monday.


I was actually curious about this so I emailed Pam asking about this. Here is her response:

"We see many more applications in round 2, and we invite more applicants to interview in round 2. Last year was the first year we had a round 1, so based off of last year, there were more students admitted in round 2 (including some who were interviewed in round 1, but waitlisted)."
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Sep 2018
Posts: 18
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.83
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2018, 19:45
gurakshun wrote:
SohCahToa wrote:

During LGO Preview Day, Pam briefly mentioned that the majority of the LGO class is accepted in R2. The benefit of submitting your application in R1 is that it will have a longer "shelf life". Anyone else at Preview Day recall this comment?

If it's true that all of the R1 LGO interview invites have already been extended, I anticipate that for those of us still waiting on interview invites, we will most likely be rejected or waitlisted for R2 come Monday. Although the thought of waiting another 2 months makes me nauseous, it at least gives me some hope that my chances are non-zero heading into Monday.


I was actually curious about this so I emailed Pam asking about this. Here is her response:

"We see many more applications in round 2, and we invite more applicants to interview in round 2. Last year was the first year we had a round 1, so based off of last year, there were more students admitted in round 2 (including some who were interviewed in round 1, but waitlisted)."


I’m wondering if they are really done with round 1 invites for LGO..so far I only see about 5 or 6 on this forum for LGO, including people who updated status, and who replied. That just seemed to be too little of an invite pool unless 80% of people don’t post here :P. (Since about 100 to 150 people get interview invite so assuming maybe 30 people on round 1?)

The second wave sent today, I didn’t see any LGO invite, one I saw got redirected to Sloan and invite for interview.

Still keeping my hopes up for 3rd wave 11/5 but whatever it is, I should accept gracefully :)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Sep 2018
Posts: 18
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.83
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 08:25
So far I haven't seen any one who applied to ME got an invite. I wonder if that has to do with the large amount of ME applications, which takes longer to review? Gurakshun and Nugget22 both applied to ChemE. The other reported interview recipient didn't share the Eng Department info here. Clearadmit chatroom didn't have any reported LGO interview invites. Does anyone know or heard anybody from ME Eng Department that got an invite for LGO interview yet?
Sloan MIT Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Jul 2018
Posts: 13
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q53 V36
GRE 1: Q170 V161
GPA: 3.65
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 08:30
Mavina89 wrote:
So far I haven't seen anyone who applied to ME got an invite. I wonder if that has to do with the large amount of ME applications, which takes longer to review? Gurakshun and Nugget22 both applied to ChemE. The other reported interview recipient didn't share the Eng Department info here. Clearadmit chatroom didn't have any reported LGO interview invites. Does anyone know or heard anybody from ME Eng Department that got an invite for LGO interview yet?


Hi, Mavina89

I received an invite for the LGO Interview. I applied to CEE.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Sep 2018
Posts: 18
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.83
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 08:42
sunnysourav wrote:
Mavina89 wrote:
So far I haven't seen anyone who applied to ME got an invite. I wonder if that has to do with the large amount of ME applications, which takes longer to review? Gurakshun and Nugget22 both applied to ChemE. The other reported interview recipient didn't share the Eng Department info here. Clearadmit chatroom didn't have any reported LGO interview invites. Does anyone know or heard anybody from ME Eng Department that got an invite for LGO interview yet?


Hi, Mavina89

I received an invite for the LGO Interview. I applied to CEE.


Hi Sunnysourav, can I call you Sunny? :D

Thanks for sharing, we have CEE, CHEME so far :)
Sloan MIT Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Jul 2018
Posts: 13
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q53 V36
GRE 1: Q170 V161
GPA: 3.65
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 10:27
Mavina89 wrote:
sunnysourav wrote:
Mavina89 wrote:
So far I haven't seen anyone who applied to ME got an invite. I wonder if that has to do with the large amount of ME applications, which takes longer to review? Gurakshun and Nugget22 both applied to ChemE. The other reported interview recipient didn't share the Eng Department info here. Clearadmit chatroom didn't have any reported LGO interview invites. Does anyone know or heard anybody from ME Eng Department that got an invite for LGO interview yet?


Hi, Mavina89

I received an invite for the LGO Interview. I applied to CEE.


Hi Sunnysourav, can I call you Sunny? :D

Thanks for sharing, we have CEE, CHEME so far :)


Yes, you can. I think you are right, the number of students for ME is almost 40% of the total class size. I think the same number should be applicable to applicants as well.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Sep 2018
Posts: 18
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.83
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2018, 12:22
Now that was exciting...Based on the last 2 hours of chatroom monitoring, a lot of us are placed on the LGO Waitlist for round 2. So far I don't see any interview invites sent out on 11/5 for LGO specific so it is reasonable to say that all round 1 interviews were sent on the 1st day (10/25).

Just want to get a quick sense of the impact of college department we applied to with LGO interview timing.

So far we know 3 (possibly 4) Round 1 invites sent out on this forum, 2 extended to Chem E, 1 to CEE, one person from Brazil that also logged LGO invite round 1 but no info on department.

I am waitlisted to LGO, applied to ME. My background is in Aerospace Industry (40 months of WE at time 2019 class start).
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Sep 2018
Posts: 21
Location: United States (KS)
GRE 1: Q167 V164
GPA: 3.78
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2018, 12:25
Waitlisted LGO. Operations Research Center

Posted from my mobile device
Sloan MIT Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Jul 2018
Posts: 13
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q53 V36
GRE 1: Q170 V161
GPA: 3.65
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2018, 02:07
Did anyone have a chance to take the interview? Would love to hear the experience?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! &nbs [#permalink] 10 Nov 2018, 02:07

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   [ 79 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.