Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:50 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Professional Engineers (Ontario)
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Green-tech
 Q50  V38
GPA: 3.7
WE 1: Nuclear Consultant - 3+ years
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink]
ankateif wrote:
arindamcanada wrote:
LosangelesMBAapp wrote:
Oh man. More "invitations" to join them for an info sessions. These emails get me everytime!

I am R1 applicant but I am thinking of joining the tomorrow session. Will it help or worsen my situation?

Most probably I will reveal that I am R1 applicant and I am there just to know if they have any progress in the application reviewing process.

I'm an R1 applicant and didn't even receive this email about online sessions... puzzled, although I know it doesn't (or, not supposed to) mean anything...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
<ounce: I'm an R1 applicant and didn't even receive this email about online sessions>

It's a onsite session. If you are too far away to attend, there's little point in sending it to you. In any case, here's the text for those interested.

<We'd like to remind you about tomorrow's information session at MIT Sloan (70 Memorial Drive, Cambridge, MA, room 335) at 8am. Join us for an admissions presentation and learn the details of what makes MIT Sloan unique, the ins-and-outs of the MIT Sloan MBA application process, and have the opportunity to ask questions and meet members of the MBA Admissions Committee.
Register online at https://mitsloan.mit.edu/mba/admissions/attend-event.php

We hope this opportunity will aid you in charting your career plans while gaining insight into life at the MIT Sloan School of Management.>
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Schools:Michigan Ross Class of 2013
Send PM
Quote:
It's a onsite session. If you are too far away to attend, there's little point in sending it to you. [/quote]

I get those all the time and live in LA! I didn't get this one though. I don't think it means anything.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
I think I am going to attend the info session tomorrow as I will be in the area and it is before work.

If anyone has any specific questions, let me know and I can ask the adcom or the current students at the session.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I will get very disappointed if I get dinged.

Last Wednesday a very good looking girl carrying a Sloan messenger bag sat next to me on the T (I am sure she was an MBA student; she was young, didn't look like the typical Sloan PhDs that I know, and she read a journal about nuclear energy). She boarded the train in Brighton one stop from my house and for the whole trip I started making thoughts how I would be able to keep my place and go to MIT every day.

Anyway if by any chance I get admitted I will move to Cambridge or Beacon Hill, unless that girl asks me to live with her.

On another note even though Harvard t-shirts are much more popular than MIT the last 3 months I tend to see only MIT merchandise when I go to Boston.

Lastly, if anyone from the forum is joining the session tomorrow let me know so we can meet (if i decide to go).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Will today be the day?
Current Student
Schools:UCLA Anderson (IN!!), NYU Stern (IN!!), MIT (R1 Ding), Columbia (RD Ding)
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
did anyone go to the info session this morning? any interesting news?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Schools:HBS (Dinged); Wharton (Waitlisted--R1--Rewaitlisted); Kellogg (Accepted$$!); MIT Sloan (Accepted!); Georgetown (Accepted$$!)
Send PM
Just found this site. Eagerly awaiting an invitation like you all. Please add me to R1.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Schools:HBS, MIT, Kellogg
Send PM
ankateif wrote:

Last Wednesday a very good looking girl carrying a Sloan messenger bag sat next to me on the T (I am sure she was an MBA student; she was young, didn't look like the typical Sloan PhDs that I know, and she read a journal about nuclear energy). She boarded the train in Brighton one stop from my house and for the whole trip I started making thoughts how I would be able to keep my place and go to MIT every day.

Anyway if by any chance I get admitted I will move to Cambridge or Beacon Hill, unless that girl asks me to live with her.

On another note even though Harvard t-shirts are much more popular than MIT the last 3 months I tend to see only MIT merchandise when I go to Boston.

Lastly, if anyone from the forum is joining the session tomorrow let me know so we can meet (if i decide to go).

"unless that girl asks me to live with her" LOL

This post is slightly disturbing and reminiscent of a "missed you" thread on craigslist. Shoulda struck up a convo! =) I actually know a girl from Sloan who takes that train, but I’m sure there are many.

I lived in the Beacon Hill area for a while. Very nice, and expensive. Plus you'd be within walking distance to the notorious Beacon Hill Pub, where many Sloanies dive on a regular basis.

Did you go to the info session? How was it?
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Just found this thread...add me to the rd 1 applicants. wp06, you and I are the only military applicants I've seen (on this site) that applied rd 1 to Sloan. And I agree with you 100% on your reasons why Sloan is your #1 choice, mine also. Not sure if the low number of military applicants means anything; any others out there care to speak up?

Putting a filter on the "Join MIT Sloan For An Information Session" emails sure would save me weekly heart palpitations...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
ankateif wrote:

Haha! That made me laugh, it sounds so sweet and genuine. You should definitely try talking to her. :-D
Current Student
Schools:UCLA Anderson (IN!!), NYU Stern (IN!!), MIT (R1 Ding), Columbia (RD Ding)
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
sounds like a lot of Boston peeps waiting for Sloan! We should have a celebratory happy hour if we get in :).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
After the interview (if I get) I will start thinking where to party. If I get in, future Sloanies are welcome if not then I will avoid anyone that has any connection with MIT.

I guess these are the last funny messages, after the first invitations I am sure I will get very serious.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbapursue wrote:
Will today be the day?

Just a feeling that today's not the day for invites....probably sometimes next week.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:Sloan(WL), Johnson(Int-Waiting)
Send PM
bluecollarhero wrote:
mbapursue wrote:
Will today be the day?

Just a feeling that today's not the day for invites....probably sometimes next week.

We would have heard by now if it was today...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sharksr1 wrote:
bluecollarhero wrote:
mbapursue wrote:
Will today be the day?

We would have heard by now if it was today...

agreed, that's what I was thinking.
Intern
Intern
Schools:HBS (admit), MIT (admit)
Send PM
Another R1 military applicant here.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  29   30   31   32   33  ...  108