GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Sep 2018, 17:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 09:22
Hi all,
I had submitted my application for R1 and have received the following mail in the standard NTU mail template.

"Meet Winnie over coffee to discuss what the Nanyang MBA can do for you and your career."

Can anyone throw light on this ? Especially someone who got invite to coffee chat and got an admit.
Is this an interview call or a 'marketing' mail.

Thank you.
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 22:06
I missed the coffee session too...Sent them an email asking for an update on my application..received an interview invite the next day..so people are waiting for an update should email them
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 23:18
RPUG07 wrote:
I missed the coffee session too...Sent them an email asking for an update on my application..received an interview invite the next day..so people are waiting for an update should email them

I have sent them a mail in the morning. Will wait till tomorrow before sending mail again. BTW if I do receive the interview call, any advice. What questions do they ask? Can you list them ? Anything you remember.
Also how much time did did you have from the day you received the mail for setting up an interview to the day of your interview i.e. how many days did you have to prepare ?
Denied
20 Dec, 2017
Private, GMAT: 700, Q51, V33; GPA: 3.4; WE: 39 months; India; via Email
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2017, 21:06
ngplnikhil wrote:
RPUG07 wrote:

I have sent them a mail in the morning. Will wait till tomorrow before sending mail again. BTW if I do receive the interview call, any advice. What questions do they ask? Can you list them ? Anything you remember.
Also how much time did did you have from the day you received the mail for setting up an interview to the day of your interview i.e. how many days did you have to prepare ?

I got the invite one day before the interview
Questions were behavioral...they asked me 2-3 times how i planned to contribute to a class with people having work ex of 6-7 years (since my work ex is on the lower side)
and the usual Why MBA? Why now? Which other schools have you applied to?What is a common theme across all these schools?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2017, 21:17
ngplnikhil wrote:
RPUG07 wrote:

Any update on this? I had also missed the session thinking the mail as promotional mail (it actually came from marketing@nanyangmba.com). Yesterday was last day to hear anything from NBS. Ding it is now?
Intern
Intern
B
Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2017, 22:39
plonkdrunk007 wrote:
ngplnikhil wrote:
RPUG07 wrote:

Any update on this? I had also missed the session thinking the mail as promotional mail (it actually came from marketing@nanyangmba.com). Yesterday was last day to hear anything from NBS. Ding it is now?

I just got the following mail from NTU after I mailed them for a 1 to 1 coffee chat.

Dear Nikhil,
Thank you for your mail . Please note our Admission process is still on and the final decision will be out on or before 10th of January.
Thank you for your patience and kind understanding.

I don't know whether this is a ding or not :-/

I am thinking of asking for a clarification whether the interview decision deadline has been shifted to January 10th from the earlier deadline of December 20th.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2017, 22:47
Quote:
I got the invite one day before the interview
Questions were behavioral...they asked me 2-3 times how i planned to contribute to a class with people having work ex of 6-7 years (since my work ex is on the lower side)
and the usual Why MBA? Why now? Which other schools have you applied to?What is a common theme across all these schools?

Hi RPIUG07,
thank you for answering the question. Some more follow up questions based on your answer.
How much experience do you have? Can you give a small glimpse of your profile ?
Also did you receive your result ?
Denied
20 Dec, 2017
revanthbittu GMAT: 700, Q49, V35; GPA: 3; WE: 78 months; India; via Email
Denied
20 Nov, 2017
Private, GMAT: 710, Q49, V39; GPA: 4; WE: 82 months; India; via Email
Denied
20 Oct, 2017
niks901 GMAT: 730, Q49, V41; GPA: 4; WE: 50 months; India; via Email
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2017, 10:58
Hi,

Hope this can throw some light on confusion about coffee chat session. This is what I received and this was not a promotional event. I believe the promotional mail would be titled differently with different content. I did attend the session and received an offer of admission on 12th December. NBS rolls out admission on rolling basis and the last day till one can expect admit is 15th January.

Subject: Exclusive Coffee Chat with Associate Dean NBS NTU Singapore in Bangalore 4th Dec 2017

Greetings from Nanyang Business School, Singapore!

Thank you for choosing Nanyang MBA in pursuit of your higher learning. We have carried out initial screening of your application and pleased to inform that we would like to take this discussion forward as a part of our selection process.

This email is to inform you that Associate Dean Professor Nilanjan Sen will be in Bangalore on 4th Dec at Vivanta by Taj (MG Road ) Bangalore and will be happy to meet you for one to one interaction to understand your Goals and aspirations. This meeting will also give you an opportunity to seek clarifications regarding the Program directly from the Associate Dean.

I would like to check your availability if you would be able to make use of this opportunity to meet him on 4th Dec at Vivanta by Taj (MG Road – Bangalore) between 11:00am-12:00pm

Look forward to hearing from you soon .

Thank you

Warm Regards
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.23
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2017, 22:43
Has anyone received interview decisions? They said it was due on 20th dec.
Denied
20 Dec, 2017
Private, GMAT: 650, Q49, V31; GPA: 4; WE: 63 months; India; via Email
Have requested for a feedback and have not heard from them yet!
Admitted
22 Dec, 2017
suryansh GMAT: 700, Q50, V35; GPA: 3.3; WE: 65 months; India; via Phone
Manager
Manager
S
GPA: 3.2
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2017, 04:40
shubham12123 wrote:
Interviewed on 3rd December.

Single Round

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Where are you joining finally man?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2018, 04:54
suryansh wrote:
Admitted on: 2017/12/22
GMAT: 700, Q50, V35
GPA: 3.3
WE: 65 months
Heard back via: Phone

suryansh

Congrats man. Can you please share your profile and what was your interview like?
Admitted
20 Dec, 2017
Private, GMAT: 710, Q45, V41; GPA: 2.65; WE: 96 months; India; via Phone
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2018, 07:20
Does anyone know what are the recommendation questions? is it the common LOR that gmac provides?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2018, 07:26
helloSimba wrote:
Does anyone know what are the recommendation questions? is it the common LOR that gmac provides?

1) Please provide a brief description of your interaction with the applicant and, if applicable, the applicant’s role in your organization

2) How does the performance of the applicants compare to that of other well qualified individuals in similar roles? (E.g. what are the applicant’s principal strengths?) (500 words)

3) Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstance and the applicant’s response (500 words)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019 &nbs [#permalink] 12 Jan 2018, 07:26

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    Next  [ 175 posts ] 

Calling all NTU Nanyang MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap