[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "211_school_count"
Calling all Oxford Said MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 : Said - Page 21
Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 00:58 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 00:58
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 140
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GRE 1: Q163 V162
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Oxford Said MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Kudos
Hmmm. This is a good discussion since Oxford decisions come out slightly before before many other universities.

Generally speaking, do most people find there’s enough time to choose amongst Oxford and other universities before having to pay the deposit?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Oxford Said MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Friends, I’d love some advice before my interview tomorrow.

How honest should I be if they ask what my priority school is?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GRE 1: Q167 V167
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
To be honest, I’d be very surprised if they asked you this. Most schools frown upon this question and it gives them nothing tangible. On the off chance that you are, please do have enough reasons to prove why the school you’re interviewing for is your priority #1. You’d have covered part of it in " Why X/Y/Z Business School" already. Being "honest" and naming some other school would most likely lead to a reject. Noone wants to be 2nd choice, least of all competitive B-schools which are taking out time to analyze your applications and interview you.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks for taking the time to reply!
I just thought about it based on some other students being asked what other schools they applied to. In some cases it seemed certain alumni actually do bluntly ask that type of question in some form but I agree it doesn’t really help them.
I was wary of being disingenuous but I also know I definitely have good reasons for taking an offer from Oxford if it comes down to it.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
Send PM
­I wouldn´t admit I had another b-school on #1. And I wouldnt ask this as an interviewer. But if I did, being #2 would definetely be a killer.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AnneBee wrote:
I wouldn´t admit I had another b-school on #1. And I wouldnt ask this as an interviewer. But if I did, being #2 would definetely be a killer.

Glad I asked for opinions😅 Might have made the wrong decision otherwise.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
Folks I have my interview on 15th Feb! Will be great to hear from others who have already had their interview? What can I expect?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
My interview is on 14th, I still haven’t got the zoom invite. Is this normal?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
aroraprern wrote:
Folks I have my interview on 15th Feb! Will be great to hear from others who have already had their interview? What can I expect?

Hi. R1 admit here.
My interview revolved around the below points:
a) Details about my current role (Tell me about yourself type)
b) Details about your post mba goal ( Why MBA, Why Oxford, How Oxford can help you?)
c) What values you will add to the class
d) A few situational questions to assess your leadership skills (in my case it was conflict management, what kind of leader you’re, How do you take a decision?)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Neeraj93 wrote:
My interview is on 14th, I still haven’t got the zoom invite. Is this normal?

Mine is on 14th as well but I’ve received an invite for my interview. I would suggest emailing them once, just to be on the safe side
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aayushman11 wrote:
Mine is on 14th as well but I’ve received an invite for my interview. I would suggest emailing them once, just to be on the safe side

Thank you, I will do that!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Had my interview in person today. Was very much a conversation in terms of the flow but she asked clear questions that she was taking detailed notes for including:
-you've indicated you're interested in healthcare in your experience and your goals. Can you tell me about what you think are some solutions to the system you currently see in your region? (basically testing my interest in the topic outside of just what I want to do as a job)
-you've indicated your goals but what's the transition plan between your first job post MBA and your long term goals?
-what is your plan B in terms of roles or geographic options?
-how do you see your year at Oxford panning out (ie what will your academic curriculum and social interactions be given the Oxford overall opportunities available)? What will your involvement be?
-which students have you interacted with?
-how would you interact with students in your group if, for example, they aren't pulling their weight?

She often gave her own inputs after my answers which made it feel like a good conversation but she was definitely checking certain elements in a framework of sorts. She never tested me directly but was looking for signs that I was specifically interested in Oxford.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ViktorBreadKrum wrote:
Had my interview in person today. Was very much a conversation in terms of the flow but she asked clear questions that she was taking detailed notes for including: -you’ve indicated you’re interested in healthcare in your experience and your goals. Can you tell me about what you think are some solutions to the system you currently see in your region? (basically testing my interest in the topic outside of just what I want to do as a job) -you’ve indicated your goals but what’s the transition plan between your first job post MBA and your long term goals? -what is your plan B in terms of roles or geographic options? -how do you see your year at Oxford panning out (ie what will your academic curriculum and social interactions be given the Oxford overall opportunities available)? What will your involvement be? -which students have you interacted with? -how would you interact with students in your group if, for example, they aren’t pulling their weight? She often gave her own inputs after my answers which made it feel like a good conversation but she was definitely checking certain elements in a framework of sorts. She never tested me directly but was looking for signs that I was specifically interested in Oxford. Posted from my mobile device

Was it with an Alum or Adcom?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Adcom. Tammy Brophy who leads the Africa Initiative.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ViktorBreadKrum wrote:
Adcom. Tammy Brophy who leads the Africa Initiative.

Thank you! This has been super helpful
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Great :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Did we all get the tentative Save the date invite for the Oxford MBA Experience Weekend?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23  ...  42   
Moderator:
Judge, Said, and Bocconi Moderator
109 posts