[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "211_school_count"
Calling all Oxford Said MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 : Said - Page 22
Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 19:39 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 19:39
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GRE 1: Q167 V167
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 140
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GRE 1: Q163 V162
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GPA: 8.46
Send PM
Re: Calling all Oxford Said MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
ISB vs Oxford, what do you all think?
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1042 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Oxford Said MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
india vs UK/ Europe choice more than a school vs school. Both are largely regional schools.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 160
Send PM
khanna05 wrote:
ISB vs Oxford, what do you all think?

What’s your profile and score like?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GPA: 8.46
Send PM
I have offer from both, so was just thinking

Oxford is a regional school?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
Send PM
khanna05 wrote:
I have offer from both, so was just thinking

­
I was going to write the same - Oxford is a regional school? Haven´t heard this one before. :upsidedown
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 160
Send PM
khanna05 wrote:

Are you for real?
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1042 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Well, regional in the sense that you have much better brand recognition within the UK/Europe market vs say Asia. ~65-70% students get placed there and I guess it should be similar for where your alums are as well.

Same with ISB, the brand recognition/opening the doors for you, at least in the short-term for you would be in India vs the rest of the world.

Yes, there’s much more cultural diversity in your class at Said vs ISB.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 184 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
khanna05 wrote:

At the risk of igniting controversy, I’d say every school in the world is (almost) a regional school. When you study in Country X, it is unlikely that you will get a job in Country Y (think visa stipulations). Even in the UK, if you are an international, what will happen after a two-year work visa? Even the Oxford badge may not rescue you. Please don’t see my post as a discouragement; I’m just trying to prompt you to ensure a full due diligence.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Guys, would be really helpful if you could post questions from your interviews, etc.
Some of you here noted your interviews are on the 12th, 14th, etc.

Please share!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V37
Send PM
anyone attending in person?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Rishabh1965 wrote:
Please find the details of my interview experience. - try to join 10mins early Total ~45-50 mins - Walk me through your resume - Motivation behind the job switch - Why MBA? -you have applied to other schools as well "Why Oxford?" - what can you contribute? Followed by 3 questions - biggest achievement - conflict situation - Could you speak about a juncture when you failed in a team environment? What did you do to overcome it? Followed by 2 more ending questions - is there anything that you think Oxford should know more? - do you have any questions for me?

@onefiniti
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi, R2 applicant and just got offer 2 days ago.
Here is my interview experience:
- Total: 30mins
- Introduction
- Why Oxford, why MBA?
- 1 example to show your leadership, what do you think your approach to solve issue different from others'?
- What will you bring to MBA cohort?
- How will you learn from MBA cohort?
- Anything else you want to share before ending the interview?
- Any question on program / school / Adcom?

Goodluck everyone

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Dpoth wrote:
Hi, R2 applicant and just got offer 2 days ago. Here is my interview experience: - Total: 30mins - Introduction - Why Oxford, why MBA? - 1 example to show your leadership, what do you think your approach to solve issue different from others’? - What will you bring to MBA cohort? - How will you learn from MBA cohort? - Anything else you want to share before ending the interview? - Any question on program / school / Adcom? Goodluck everyone Posted from my mobile device

Congrats!! Did you request early decision? I thought they’d announce all the acceptances on the same date.

and what was your timeline from interview to acceptance if you don’t mind sharing?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mueslichocyogurt wrote:
Dpoth wrote:
Hi, R2 applicant and just got offer 2 days ago. Here is my interview experience: - Total: 30mins - Introduction - Why Oxford, why MBA? - 1 example to show your leadership, what do you think your approach to solve issue different from others’? - What will you bring to MBA cohort? - How will you learn from MBA cohort? - Anything else you want to share before ending the interview? - Any question on program / school / Adcom? Goodluck everyone Posted from my mobile device

Congrats!! Did you request early decision? I thought they’d announce all the acceptances on the same date.

and what was your timeline from interview to acceptance if you don’t mind sharing?

Yes deadline is mid March. And it only takes 6 days (weekend included) to get result
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Dpoth wrote:
Yes deadline is mid March. And it only takes 6 days (weekend included) to get result

Request for an early decision - does this affect their final decision in any way?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
prabhsimrankaur wrote:
Dpoth wrote:

Request for an early decision - does this affect their final decision in any way?

Not sure. But I did not request for early decision.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Dpoth wrote:
Not sure. But I did not request for early decision. Posted from my mobile device

but early decision means early decision to confirm slot or its the same deadline as others?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24  ...  42   
Moderator:
Judge, Said, and Bocconi Moderator
109 posts