Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 01:52 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 01:52
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: HEC '22 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 2.66
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake [#permalink]
Does anyone know on average how long it takes to obtain the French student visa? I've heard it's about 10 working days but wanted to know if anyone had heard of cases where there was a long delay. I'm trying to plan my pre-MBA summer around the application and travel!
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Crimsonette wrote:
Does anyone know on average how long it takes to obtain the French student visa? I've heard it's about 10 working days but wanted to know if anyone had heard of cases where there was a long delay. I'm trying to plan my pre-MBA summer around the application and travel!

Hi Crimsonette , it generally depends on which country you are applying from? I hope it should not take long from US if you have all the correct documents ;)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sjas31 wrote:
Crimsonette wrote:

Hi Crimsonette , it generally depends on which country you are applying from? I hope it should not take long from US if you have all the correct documents ;)

I actually will be applying from Singapore (my home country) as I plan to leave the US before the visa application period begins. Hopefully Singapore will be quick too!

Posted from my mobile device
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Crimsonette wrote:
sjas31 wrote:
Crimsonette wrote:

I actually will be applying from Singapore (my home country) as I plan to leave the US before the visa application period begins. Hopefully Singapore will be quick too!

Yes, I hope the same :cool:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Has anyone utilised the pre-application review they provide? Curious about the kind of insights they offer and the number of days it takes the the admissions teams to revert with the information.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
kloppismydad wrote:
Has anyone utilised the pre-application review they provide? Curious about the kind of insights they offer and the number of days it takes the the admissions teams to revert with the information.

Hi,
This is not the correct forum to ask this question. Anyway, I want to give you the feedback because I took this pre-application review. One of the ad-coms, who take care of your region will quickly assess your profile but that is not going to be useful if you already know or researched about HEC. He/She will give you a brief introduction about HEC, its criteria, minimum requirements and additional helpful links to know more about them. If you are really interested about them, do a campus visit on an open day or meet an ad-com face to face. You will be able to meet current students and alumni, and ad-coms. You must express your goal, plan and vision. Accordingly you will get an unofficial feedback with your strengths and weakness. For further discussions, you can message me. Thanks.

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
Hi Guys,

For those of you struggling with HEC Paris essays here my debrief on how to approach them: https://bit.ly/375Np6i

Hope it helps.

Best,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [4]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Hey guys!! admitted for Sep 2020 intake!! so excited!!!

Have been a bit busy but will try and post the interview debriefs over the weekend
Retired Moderator
Send PM
monabag wrote:
Hey guys!! admitted for Sep 2020 intake!! so excited!!!

Have been a bit busy but will try and post the interview debriefs over the weekend

Many congratulations to you :please
We wait for your interviews debrief :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Great review! Would like to know your reasons for choosing HEC over INSEAD for consulting.

This user wants to stay Private wrote:
Interviewed on a Sunday morning with an alumnus from the class of 2017. She was in consulting pre-MBA, and is now in finance. She was located in the US both before and after her MBA.

She told me a little about herself, and then asked the usual questions such as: Why an MBA now? Why HEC? In particular, she seemed impressed that I managed to confidently answer her question about why I was choosing HEC over INSEAD. She commented that I seemed to have done my research well.

I then presented my presentation. As my target post-MBA industry was consulting, and having been a consultant herself, she commented that my slides needed to be more comprehensive (as slides are very important in consulting). I took this as a slightly negative sign, but the rest of the interview went fine otherwise. She proceeded to tell me about the campus life as well, and was happy to answer any questions I had.

She was quite a reserved person so I couldn't tell how well it had gone overall but since I have been admitted, I assume it went well!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
SG2005 wrote:
Great review! Would like to know your reasons for choosing HEC over INSEAD for consulting.

This user wants to stay Private wrote:
Interviewed on a Sunday morning with an alumnus from the class of 2017. She was in consulting pre-MBA, and is now in finance. She was located in the US both before and after her MBA.

She told me a little about herself, and then asked the usual questions such as: Why an MBA now? Why HEC? In particular, she seemed impressed that I managed to confidently answer her question about why I was choosing HEC over INSEAD. She commented that I seemed to have done my research well.

I then presented my presentation. As my target post-MBA industry was consulting, and having been a consultant herself, she commented that my slides needed to be more comprehensive (as slides are very important in consulting). I took this as a slightly negative sign, but the rest of the interview went fine otherwise. She proceeded to tell me about the campus life as well, and was happy to answer any questions I had.

She was quite a reserved person so I couldn't tell how well it had gone overall but since I have been admitted, I assume it went well!

This was me! Well, to me an MBA isn’t just about the career - it’s about the lifestyle, because I also want to enjoy my life during the program. I chose HEC for a few reasons:

- I want to become fluent in French, but my understanding is that the INSEAD program doesn’t leave space or time to learn a language. You’re expected to already speak three languages to be admitted.
- The INSEAD campus is much further than HEC from the Paris city center, making networking, integrating into Paris, leisure trips etc. more difficult.
- As a career changer, I think I would need more time in the program to figure my career out and work my way towards it. A year seems too short to be able to do that. I also want my sleep and I hear INSEAD students don’t sleep!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
WE:General Management (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Recently I have submitted my app for the November deadline. After that I received a mail that some documents or recommendation missing. However I checked that all documents are enclosed and recommendations are submitted. I also sent mail confirming the same. But I didn't get any reply. What do you suggest guys?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
aghosh54 wrote:
Recently I have submitted my app for the November deadline. After that I received a mail that some documents or recommendation missing. However I checked that all documents are enclosed and recommendations are submitted. I also sent mail confirming the same. But I didn't get any reply. What do you suggest guys?

Try and call them, though good luck navigating through their French system.

I had an issue regarding domain of referee email which I raised a couple of days before deadline. Got a response that they will work on it but it's yet to get resolved. I raised the query again but yet to get a reply on escalation, so you're not alone facing difficulty in getting an answer.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hi aghosh54 ...
There could be some technical issues at HEC end. I would recommend to write an official email with images to prove that everything is done from your side and mention to consider you for the round you applied for. You can also call them.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
kloppismydad wrote:
sjas31 wrote:
You will struggle to keep your account here if you try to be over smart

Atleast I'm not struggling with basic comprehension. :angel:

Anyway, we're derailing the thread. And I'd rather not have an account where I'm wrongly accused of something.

Cool, no problem. Let's end it :thumbup: All the best for your application :angel:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
WE:General Management (Retail Banking)
Send PM
kloppismydad sjas31 guys thank you both of you for your suggestions. I got a reply from the admissions and is informed by them the application is complete.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hi,
Great! All the best :)
aghosh54 wrote:
kloppismydad sjas31 guys thank you both of you for your suggestions. I got a reply from the admissions and is informed by them the application is complete.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6985 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
236 posts