GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Dec 2019, 14:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2019
Posts: 10
Location: United States (NY)
Schools: HEC '22 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 2.66
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2019, 08:47
akash7gupta11 wrote:
Hello Experts,

How important it is to learn the french language for post MBA career opportunities?
MBAPrepCoach
Regards


From what I’ve learned through speaking to alumni, it’s pretty important if you want to stay in France. You could always work in an international firm where everyone speaks English, but in general you will have more options if you speak fluent French, as local firms would then be more open to hiring you. Of course if you’re going into industries such as luxury, consulting, hospitality etc. I would think you’d need to be fluent.

Posted from my mobile device
HEC & IMD School Moderator
User avatar
G
Status: in Rush for R1
Joined: 17 Dec 2018
Posts: 484
Location: Italy
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC, IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2019, 20:34
anuragjain37 , monabag ... Do not forget to share the interview debriefs on below :)
https://gmatclub.com/forum/hec-paris-22 ... brief.html
_________________
JaSs
Follow the founder BB and look at Study Plan | Retake Strategy
Rules for Posting - Posting Rules | Verbal Posting Rules
Experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad | gmatbusters
Useful forums All you need for Quant | Quant Megathread
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)
HEC & IMD School Moderator
User avatar
G
Status: in Rush for R1
Joined: 17 Dec 2018
Posts: 484
Location: Italy
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC, IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2019, 20:41
1
akash7gupta11 wrote:
Hello Experts,

How important it is to learn the french language for post MBA career opportunities?
MBAPrepCoach
Regards


Hi,
I agree with Crimsonette. If you are thinking your future in France or French speaking regions, then it is recommended to know the local language. What kind of opportunities you are looking for? Did you already applied?
_________________
JaSs
Follow the founder BB and look at Study Plan | Retake Strategy
Rules for Posting - Posting Rules | Verbal Posting Rules
Experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad | gmatbusters
Useful forums All you need for Quant | Quant Megathread
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2019
Posts: 10
Location: United States (NY)
Schools: HEC '22 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 2.66
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2019, 09:17
Does anyone know on average how long it takes to obtain the French student visa? I've heard it's about 10 working days but wanted to know if anyone had heard of cases where there was a long delay. I'm trying to plan my pre-MBA summer around the application and travel!
HEC & IMD School Moderator
User avatar
G
Status: in Rush for R1
Joined: 17 Dec 2018
Posts: 484
Location: Italy
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC, IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2019, 10:17
Crimsonette wrote:
Does anyone know on average how long it takes to obtain the French student visa? I've heard it's about 10 working days but wanted to know if anyone had heard of cases where there was a long delay. I'm trying to plan my pre-MBA summer around the application and travel!

Hi Crimsonette , it generally depends on which country you are applying from? I hope it should not take long from US if you have all the correct documents ;)
_________________
JaSs
Follow the founder BB and look at Study Plan | Retake Strategy
Rules for Posting - Posting Rules | Verbal Posting Rules
Experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad | gmatbusters
Useful forums All you need for Quant | Quant Megathread
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2019
Posts: 10
Location: United States (NY)
Schools: HEC '22 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 2.66
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2019, 10:24
sjas31 wrote:
Crimsonette wrote:
Does anyone know on average how long it takes to obtain the French student visa? I've heard it's about 10 working days but wanted to know if anyone had heard of cases where there was a long delay. I'm trying to plan my pre-MBA summer around the application and travel!

Hi Crimsonette , it generally depends on which country you are applying from? I hope it should not take long from US if you have all the correct documents ;)


I actually will be applying from Singapore (my home country) as I plan to leave the US before the visa application period begins. Hopefully Singapore will be quick too!

Posted from my mobile device
HEC & IMD School Moderator
User avatar
G
Status: in Rush for R1
Joined: 17 Dec 2018
Posts: 484
Location: Italy
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC, IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2019, 10:28
Crimsonette wrote:
sjas31 wrote:
Crimsonette wrote:
Does anyone know on average how long it takes to obtain the French student visa? I've heard it's about 10 working days but wanted to know if anyone had heard of cases where there was a long delay. I'm trying to plan my pre-MBA summer around the application and travel!

Hi Crimsonette , it generally depends on which country you are applying from? I hope it should not take long from US if you have all the correct documents ;)


I actually will be applying from Singapore (my home country) as I plan to leave the US before the visa application period begins. Hopefully Singapore will be quick too!

Posted from my mobile device

Yes, I hope the same :cool:
_________________
JaSs
Follow the founder BB and look at Study Plan | Retake Strategy
Rules for Posting - Posting Rules | Verbal Posting Rules
Experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad | gmatbusters
Useful forums All you need for Quant | Quant Megathread
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Oct 2018
Posts: 22
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2019, 10:37
Has anyone utilised the pre-application review they provide? Curious about the kind of insights they offer and the number of days it takes the the admissions teams to revert with the information.
HEC & IMD School Moderator
User avatar
G
Status: in Rush for R1
Joined: 17 Dec 2018
Posts: 484
Location: Italy
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC, IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2019, 10:55
kloppismydad wrote:
Has anyone utilised the pre-application review they provide? Curious about the kind of insights they offer and the number of days it takes the the admissions teams to revert with the information.


Hi,
This is not the correct forum to ask this question. Anyway, I want to give you the feedback because I took this pre-application review. One of the ad-coms, who take care of your region will quickly assess your profile but that is not going to be useful if you already know or researched about HEC. He/She will give you a brief introduction about HEC, its criteria, minimum requirements and additional helpful links to know more about them. If you are really interested about them, do a campus visit on an open day or meet an ad-com face to face. You will be able to meet current students and alumni, and ad-coms. You must express your goal, plan and vision. Accordingly you will get an unofficial feedback with your strengths and weakness. For further discussions, you can message me. Thanks.

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
JaSs
Follow the founder BB and look at Study Plan | Retake Strategy
Rules for Posting - Posting Rules | Verbal Posting Rules
Experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad | gmatbusters
Useful forums All you need for Quant | Quant Megathread
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
G
Joined: 10 Apr 2013
Posts: 450
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2019, 03:36
Hi Guys,

For those of you struggling with HEC Paris essays here my debrief on how to approach them: https://bit.ly/375Np6i

Hope it helps.

Best,
_________________
Deep A.
Ivey Alumnus (Class of 2015)
https://EduSimplified.com

Check out our new tool MBA Matrix https://EduSimplified.com/mba-matrix
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Jun 2019
Posts: 16
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2019, 00:28
1
1
Hey guys!! admitted for Sep 2020 intake!! so excited!!!

Have been a bit busy but will try and post the interview debriefs over the weekend
HEC & IMD School Moderator
User avatar
G
Status: in Rush for R1
Joined: 17 Dec 2018
Posts: 484
Location: Italy
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC, IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2019, 01:50
monabag wrote:
Hey guys!! admitted for Sep 2020 intake!! so excited!!!

Have been a bit busy but will try and post the interview debriefs over the weekend


Many congratulations to you :please
We wait for your interviews debrief :)
_________________
JaSs
Follow the founder BB and look at Study Plan | Retake Strategy
Rules for Posting - Posting Rules | Verbal Posting Rules
Experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad | gmatbusters
Useful forums All you need for Quant | Quant Megathread
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Aug 2017
Posts: 9
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2019, 08:01
Great review! Would like to know your reasons for choosing HEC over INSEAD for consulting.



This user wants to stay Private wrote:
Interviewed on a Sunday morning with an alumnus from the class of 2017. She was in consulting pre-MBA, and is now in finance. She was located in the US both before and after her MBA.

She told me a little about herself, and then asked the usual questions such as: Why an MBA now? Why HEC? In particular, she seemed impressed that I managed to confidently answer her question about why I was choosing HEC over INSEAD. She commented that I seemed to have done my research well.

I then presented my presentation. As my target post-MBA industry was consulting, and having been a consultant herself, she commented that my slides needed to be more comprehensive (as slides are very important in consulting). I took this as a slightly negative sign, but the rest of the interview went fine otherwise. She proceeded to tell me about the campus life as well, and was happy to answer any questions I had.

She was quite a reserved person so I couldn't tell how well it had gone overall but since I have been admitted, I assume it went well!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2019
Posts: 10
Location: United States (NY)
Schools: HEC '22 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 2.66
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2019, 08:34
1
SG2005 wrote:
Great review! Would like to know your reasons for choosing HEC over INSEAD for consulting.



This user wants to stay Private wrote:
Interviewed on a Sunday morning with an alumnus from the class of 2017. She was in consulting pre-MBA, and is now in finance. She was located in the US both before and after her MBA.

She told me a little about herself, and then asked the usual questions such as: Why an MBA now? Why HEC? In particular, she seemed impressed that I managed to confidently answer her question about why I was choosing HEC over INSEAD. She commented that I seemed to have done my research well.

I then presented my presentation. As my target post-MBA industry was consulting, and having been a consultant herself, she commented that my slides needed to be more comprehensive (as slides are very important in consulting). I took this as a slightly negative sign, but the rest of the interview went fine otherwise. She proceeded to tell me about the campus life as well, and was happy to answer any questions I had.

She was quite a reserved person so I couldn't tell how well it had gone overall but since I have been admitted, I assume it went well!


This was me! Well, to me an MBA isn’t just about the career - it’s about the lifestyle, because I also want to enjoy my life during the program. I chose HEC for a few reasons:

- I want to become fluent in French, but my understanding is that the INSEAD program doesn’t leave space or time to learn a language. You’re expected to already speak three languages to be admitted.
- The INSEAD campus is much further than HEC from the Paris city center, making networking, integrating into Paris, leisure trips etc. more difficult.
- As a career changer, I think I would need more time in the program to figure my career out and work my way towards it. A year seems too short to be able to do that. I also want my sleep and I hear INSEAD students don’t sleep!

Posted from my mobile device
Imperial College Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 16 May 2017
Posts: 157
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
WE: General Management (Retail Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2019, 08:54
Recently I have submitted my app for the November deadline. After that I received a mail that some documents or recommendation missing. However I checked that all documents are enclosed and recommendations are submitted. I also sent mail confirming the same. But I didn't get any reply. What do you suggest guys?
_________________
"The harder you work the luckier you get"
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Oct 2018
Posts: 22
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2019, 09:02
aghosh54 wrote:
Recently I have submitted my app for the November deadline. After that I received a mail that some documents or recommendation missing. However I checked that all documents are enclosed and recommendations are submitted. I also sent mail confirming the same. But I didn't get any reply. What do you suggest guys?


Try and call them, though good luck navigating through their French system.

I had an issue regarding domain of referee email which I raised a couple of days before deadline. Got a response that they will work on it but it's yet to get resolved. I raised the query again but yet to get a reply on escalation, so you're not alone facing difficulty in getting an answer.
HEC & IMD School Moderator
User avatar
G
Status: in Rush for R1
Joined: 17 Dec 2018
Posts: 484
Location: Italy
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC, IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2019, 21:16
Hi aghosh54 ...
There could be some technical issues at HEC end. I would recommend to write an official email with images to prove that everything is done from your side and mention to consider you for the round you applied for. You can also call them.
_________________
JaSs
Follow the founder BB and look at Study Plan | Retake Strategy
Rules for Posting - Posting Rules | Verbal Posting Rules
Experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad | gmatbusters
Useful forums All you need for Quant | Quant Megathread
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)
HEC & IMD School Moderator
User avatar
G
Status: in Rush for R1
Joined: 17 Dec 2018
Posts: 484
Location: Italy
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC, IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2019, 00:56
kloppismydad wrote:
sjas31 wrote:
You will struggle to keep your account here if you try to be over smart


Atleast I'm not struggling with basic comprehension. :angel:

Anyway, we're derailing the thread. And I'd rather not have an account where I'm wrongly accused of something.

Cool, no problem. Let's end it :thumbup: All the best for your application :angel:
_________________
JaSs
Follow the founder BB and look at Study Plan | Retake Strategy
Rules for Posting - Posting Rules | Verbal Posting Rules
Experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad | gmatbusters
Useful forums All you need for Quant | Quant Megathread
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)
Imperial College Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 16 May 2017
Posts: 157
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
WE: General Management (Retail Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2019, 08:53
kloppismydad sjas31 guys thank you both of you for your suggestions. I got a reply from the admissions and is informed by them the application is complete.
_________________
"The harder you work the luckier you get"
HEC & IMD School Moderator
User avatar
G
Status: in Rush for R1
Joined: 17 Dec 2018
Posts: 484
Location: Italy
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC, IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2019, 21:19
Hi,
Great! All the best :)
aghosh54 wrote:
kloppismydad sjas31 guys thank you both of you for your suggestions. I got a reply from the admissions and is informed by them the application is complete.

_________________
JaSs
Follow the founder BB and look at Study Plan | Retake Strategy
Rules for Posting - Posting Rules | Verbal Posting Rules
Experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad | gmatbusters
Useful forums All you need for Quant | Quant Megathread
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake   [#permalink] 19 Nov 2019, 21:19

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 105 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Leadership






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne