GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 09 Dec 2019, 21:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.11
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2019, 09:53
Quote:
Thank you for the time and effort invested in your application to the HEC Paris MBA program. We have completed the review of applications for this round and we regret to inform you that you have not been chosen for pre-selection, therefore you will not be admitted to the program.

Not the news that I wanted to wake up to this morning.
HEC & IMD School Moderator
G
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC, IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2019, 10:10
vibsaxena wrote:
Quote:
Thank you for the time and effort invested in your application to the HEC Paris MBA program. We have completed the review of applications for this round and we regret to inform you that you have not been chosen for pre-selection, therefore you will not be admitted to the program.

Hi vibsaxena .. I am sorry to hear this news. I am sure you will get another school of your choice. If you are passionate about HEC, then please apply next year with better strategy and improve your profile. You can post your profile here https://gmatclub.com/forum/profile-evaluation-hec-paris-228239-180.html and we can suggest you something. Take rest for few days and cheer up.
Experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad | gmatbusters
Useful forums All you need for Quant | Quant Megathread
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)
Imperial College Moderator
S
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
WE: General Management (Retail Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2019, 10:13
vibsaxena wrote:
Quote:

Don't worry mate. Hold on tight. Good news will come. I can understand as I have seen few of these this year. When did you apply btw?
S

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2019, 05:57
Hi everyone, I just got invited for interviews at HEC Paris. I wanted to know if I can use the same presentation for both the interviews.

The presentation itself is overwhelming, there are so many things to choose from. Is there any guidelines as to how one should pick topics? I was thinking of giving a presentation about the field that I am working it. Is it a good idea, or will it be too 'all work' kind of a signal?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.11
WE: Analyst (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2019, 09:22
aghosh54 wrote:
vibsaxena wrote:
Quote:

Don't worry mate. Hold on tight. Good news will come. I can understand as I have seen few of these this year. When did you apply btw?

Thanks mate! I'd applied in R4 (Nov 15th Deadline), Sept '2020 intake.
G

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2019, 09:31
Hi,
I think you can use the same presentation. I am unsure about the topics (please check with ad-coms). You can give the ppt. related to your work but please give it in a way that it creates a good conversation. For some applicants, PPTs. were ice-breaker and their first impression helped them in easy talks after that. You can also check some of the interview debriefs: https://gmatclub.com/forum/hec-paris-22 ... brief.html
All the best :)
mitrakaushi wrote:
Hi everyone, I just got invited for interviews at HEC Paris. I wanted to know if I can use the same presentation for both the interviews.

The presentation itself is overwhelming, there are so many things to choose from. Is there any guidelines as to how one should pick topics? I was thinking of giving a presentation about the field that I am working it. Is it a good idea, or will it be too 'all work' kind of a signal?

Experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad | gmatbusters
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2019, 02:43
Hi everyone, new to this forum! I got admitted to the Sep 2020 intake, and I was wondering if there's a group with fellow admits?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2019, 02:47
Hi, there is a WhatsApp group for S20 admits.
You can join it here :
https://chat.whatsapp.com/JBpu1sx3DDu2eEWBabRwvd

G

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2019, 03:30
arhitsharma241192 wrote:
Hi, there is a WhatsApp group for S20 admits.
You can join it here :
https://chat.whatsapp.com/JBpu1sx3DDu2eEWBabRwvd

Hi..
If anyone can join the Whatsapp ground with the link above, I would advise it to change to enter the group by confirmation or acceptance only. I remember a similar whatsapp group of applicants where spammers entered, posted adult contents and left the group. It happened multiple times. Bye!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2019, 03:32
Good point. I was on a similar group too. I'll request the admin to change the group settings.

G

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2019, 03:32
Hello,
Welcome to Gmatclub. Many congratulations for the admit :angel: . Would you like to share your profile with us?
Thanks.

mvea wrote:
Hi everyone, new to this forum! I got admitted to the Sep 2020 intake, and I was wondering if there's a group with fellow admits?

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '21

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2019, 04:59
Hi guys,

Is the whatsapp group also for people who will be applying in the coming rounds?

Please Bookmark it for future reference! :)
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2019, 05:50
such8 wrote:
Hi guys,

Is the whatsapp group also for people who will be applying in the coming rounds?

such8

It was mentioned that the WhatsApp group is only for the admitted applicants. So, I guess it is not for the general applicants. If you have any questions regarding the application process etc, you can post them here. I am sure someone will respond.

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2019, 08:26
such8 wrote:
Hi guys,

Hi,
You can join the HEC Prospects group from below link:
https://chat.whatsapp.com/GIB9JAIB3TPJjiRZ0Wvz5G

Regards
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2019, 13:47
Thank you sjas31!

Indian Male, 29
GMAT 720 (49,40)

Undergrad: Mechanical Engineering, private university in India

Work ex:
1. German automotive company, Manager - 2 years in India

2. Health tech platform, Founder - 4 years in UAE

Post MBA goal:
Product management in health tech / LDP at healthcare company in Europe

Apologies for the terrible formatting, typing on phone!

G

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2019, 20:39
Hi mvea ,
Thank you so much for sharing your details. I wish you all the best.
mvea wrote:
Thank you sjas31!

Indian Male, 29
GMAT 720 (49,40)

Undergrad: Mechanical Engineering, private university in India

Work ex:
1. German automotive company, Manager - 2 years in India

2. Health tech platform, Founder - 4 years in UAE

Post MBA goal:
Product management in health tech / LDP at healthcare company in Europe

Apologies for the terrible formatting, typing on phone!

Intern
Intern
Schools: HEC '15 (A)

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2019, 10:46
Hello everyone,

6 years ago I was in your shoes! Preparing with enthusiasm for my amazing HEC MBA journey.

I still remember the period before starting my MBA as if it was yesterday. The excitement, the nervousness, the "sky is the limit" mindset...it was all there!

Afterwards, my MBA experience turned out to be an extreme rollercoaster journey, with high ups and low downs, and this what made it a memorable experience. At the end, HEC MBA allowed me to change country, industry, and function. I joined Nike EHQ slightly outside of Amsterdam as Insights manager, but the MBA actually made me realize that my real passion lies somewhere else: in helping people find WHAT they really WANT and HOW to get there. And that passion remained an idea until I became a certified co-active coach (by CTI) with 18 months and 200+ hours of coaching training in 2018.

I started coaching last February and it has been an amazing experience. I realized that MBA students and alumni are among clients I love coaching the most, because of their "dreaming big" mindset and their dedication to self-development. To date, I coached 22 MBA students and alumni from different schools across the world. Then I thought, actually, the ones who can also benefit from my coaching are prospective students who are preparing for the most important journey of their lives, then why not supporting them at this very important stage? So I decided to develop a coaching package specifically for students who have been accepted to HEC MBA, who want to make the most out their 16 months MBA experience, and who are genuinely interested and motivated in one (or all) of the following areas:

1) Finding the job you WANT! This is especially for explorers, where they can clarify what is the job they truly want vs the job they think they want or the job they think they SHOULD get. During the MBA you get to explore different options, but understanding your passion and what matters to you the most will save you a lot of time, effort, and energy during the MBA.

2) Owning your MBA journey: It's about knowing your potential and dreaming big, keeping the confidence high during the lows, making the right decisions that will serve your purpose, change your perspective about networking (especially for introverts), and discover your unique value.
As you might have heard, staying in the right mindset is crucial to make the most out of your MBA while enjoying your time there. Together, we can build that muscle for you, so once you are there, you will be fully ready to face any kind of challenge that might put you off track. Again, the aim is to save you time, effort, and energy that you would put on unnecessary stuff rather than getting the most out of your investment and your MBA experience.

So what's next? If you are really interested in experiencing coaching with me, send me an email to vincent.eid@hec.edu stating your motivation in 1 or 2 sentences, and then we will schedule a quick 15-minute call to get to know each other and assess together whether my coaching will really help you in what you're looking for. Please don't expect mentoring or consulting on logistics stuff or anything you can find on the internet. My coaching is about YOU, not ME. As each person is different, I will support you to uncover what works for you. I will bring in my personal experience only when necessary and when I see that it is really gonna serve your own agenda.

After we assess together whether my coaching will be really helpful for you, I will offer you a free 60-minute coaching session so you can experience it. Then, together, we will assess again whether it is valuable for you and me to proceed with the coaching package.

At the moment, my workload allows me to take 5 people for this program, so if you're interested, please let me know asap.

Good luck and so excited to connect with you and support you at this very special stage of your life!

Vincent
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake   [#permalink] 07 Dec 2019, 10:46

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   [ 97 posts ] 

Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: September 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: sjas31