Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 11:05 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 11:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Denied
31 Mar, 2022
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford MBA Applicants: 2022 Intake [Class of 2024] [#permalink]
BillyZ wrote:
I felt dejected despite the good GMAT score and rejected after the interview. I guess I am not good enough.
Denied on: 2022/03/31
GMAT: 750, Q51, V40
GPA: 3.53
WE: 113 months
Heard back via: Email

BillyZ

I think at this stage, your profile is already quite strong and has already passed their filter. It's perhaps the interview. How did it go back then?

Maybe you can reapply with the same material and focus more on interviewing? Also, given your profile, maybe MSx would be more suitable?

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford MBA Applicants: 2022 Intake [Class of 2024] [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Oh man Billy, NOT the right conclusion AT ALL. Keep in mind they are shaping a whole class (like casting directors) that must be super diverse. As they say it’s about SELECTION not EVALUATION. Like who gets a part in the show. .
BillyZ wrote:
I felt dejected despite the good GMAT score and rejected after the interview. I guess I am not good enough.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 608 [0]
Given Kudos: 1348
Send PM
You are super awesome.
BillyZ wrote:
Send PM
Expert Reply
I missed this before. You have almost ten years of experience which is honestly way outside the norm for GSB, you must have been spectacular to have even been chosen for an interview. It’s high even by European standards. MSx requires 8 years and your odds would be better there. If you can skip an internship I recommend CBS Jan yard term where older applicants are welcome which opens in June. Or Kellogg 1 year which is due in June. Otherwise European 2 year programs.
randomvar wrote:
BillyZ wrote:

BillyZ

I think at this stage, your profile is already quite strong and has already passed their filter. It’s perhaps the interview. How did it go back then?

Maybe you can reapply with the same material and focus more on interviewing? Also, given your profile, maybe MSx would be more suitable?

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 608 [0]
Given Kudos: 1348
Send PM
@MBAPrepCoach, Kellog one year has stringent criteria I think. Doesn’t it require Masters in some other subject ?
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi sorry I messed up what I wrote before the deadline is April 6 and the actual start date is in June. I don’t believe that’s still the case. I can’t find anything about that on the website and my clients have not had masters who have gone to that program. But mostly sponsored candidates from MBB
AliciaSierra wrote:
@MBAPrepCoach, Kellog one year has stringent criteria I think. Doesn’t it require Masters in some other subject ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach

Do you have any advice for waitlisted applicants? Any credible resources you could point to?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Hey guys - I am male indian with a score of 710

Do you think i should even apply?
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
hanmanjeney wrote:
Do you think i should even apply?
Hi hanmanjeney, the information you have provided is insufficient to draw any conclusions. To get into top schools, I believe you should retake your GMAT and strive for a score of 730+. However, we would like to learn more about your profile to assess your chances better. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length for further chances to the schools. Feel free to book a free session with us at your convenience.

Best,
MBAandBeyond
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hie, Just wondering if anyone has gotten interview invites for R3 yet ?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Vandana8695 wrote:

Would also love to know about it. Has someone received their invite?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GRE 1: Q159 V169
GPA: 3.26
Send PM
BhavyaBudhia wrote:
Vandana8695 wrote:

Nope, nothing here. Most recent email said invites would be sent out weekdays at 10:30 AM Pacific starting today through May 10. My guess is they are sending them out on a rolling basis as R3 apps are reviewed.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Teacher123 wrote:
BhavyaBudhia wrote:
Vandana8695 wrote:

Nope, nothing here. Most recent email said invites would be sent out weekdays at 10:30 AM Pacific starting today through May 10. My guess is they are sending them out on a rolling basis as R3 apps are reviewed.

Yeah, I guess we can only wait.
Though one thing you can clarify... By weekday did they mean every day at 10:30 AM PT invites will be sent or do they have specific days during the week?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GRE 1: Q159 V169
GPA: 3.26
Send PM
Every weekday
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anybody heard anything?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
BhavyaBudhia wrote:
Anybody heard anything?

I didn't but there are a few that heard back already. (Source: Reddit)
FYI, the post's title is "Stanford round 3! Hey guys let’s keep each other up to date !"
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
If you are in the process of selecting which top MBA program you want to apply to, you are facing a mountain of information to vet—rankings included. “Which school do they say is the best?” While rankings may not entirely capture what makes a school a good fit for you (Personal MBA Coach offers our clients complete school selection advice through our comprehensive packages) they are a commonly used tool during the school section process.

To help guide you, here is a long-view take on the rankings for you to consider.

About Personal MBA Coach:

Founded by a Wharton MBA and MIT Sloan graduate who sits on the Association of International Graduate Admissions Consultants Board of Directors, Personal MBA Coach has been guiding clients for 15 years and is consistently ranked #1 or #2 by leading sources including Poets & Quants.

We help clients with all aspects of the MBA application process including early planning, GMAT/GRE/EA tutoring, application strategy, school selection, essay editing, and mock interviews. Our team includes former M7 admissions directors and former M7 admissions interviewers.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts