Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 08:31 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 08:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.54
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [7]
Given Kudos: 131
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V34
GMAT 3: 700 Q46 V40
GMAT 4: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: International Business, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.31
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA-Anderson Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 17 [#permalink]
avik629 wrote:
Hi, had my Skype interview right now. Second year student took the interview. Brief as follows:

He introduced himself and started with the following questions:

1.) Walk me through your resume.
2.) Why MBA? Why now?
3.) Why Anderson?
4.) Question regarding why that particular region for post MBA goals?
5.) Why did you get interested in your career passion?
6.) What is your leadership style?
7.) What do you do outside of work? Followup questions.

Main interview lasted 20-22 minutes.
10 minute for my questions, lot of to and fro chat.
Asked for his email ID.
In my opinion, interview was average....gave prepared answers to standard questions, why mba, why anderson, etc. Follow up questions were a unexpected and responses were not stellar. Was dreading more behavioral questions but thankfully, did not ask. :)

Kudos if you like my post :P

Congrats on getting in the interview. And thanks for the breakdown. Seems standard. Hopefully more invites will go out, though at this point I'm not holding my breath for an e-mail. With two months yet to go for decisions...waiting sucks...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.56
WE:Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
marg2015 wrote:
nitemini wrote:
Has any R2 applicant from the Bay Area or California received an interview invitation?
My application status changed a few weeks ago, stating my application is incomplete, due to missing original transcript (which I heard is a good indication that I will receive an invitation), but I still have not received an invitation.

I'm from Los Angeles. I applied on 1/4. Invited to interview on 1/7. Interviewed on 1/13 on campus. When I received my interview invitation, they requested my official transcript and GMAT score. You have 30 days after their request to submit the official documents. My application was updated to complete about 2 days after they received my transcript.

I'm from bay area - applied 1/5, interview invite on 1/12, interviewed 1/26 on campus. my application status changed to incomplete requesting full transcripts and they also gave me 30 days to get my transcripts in. I'd submit your official transcripts now if it says incomplete and call the office to see if they need anything else. Also check your spam mail in case the interview invite went there.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.7
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
nitemini wrote:
Has any R2 applicant from the Bay Area or California received an interview invitation?
My application status changed a few weeks ago, stating my application is incomplete, due to missing original transcript (which I heard is a good indication that I will receive an invitation), but I still have not received an invitation.

I'm actually in the same boat... Bay Area, application status changed a while back, but I haven't received an email invite or anything. Guess maybe call the admissions office? I don't want to end up screwing up my chances by accidentally missing my invite somehow.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
For the round 1 admits. Congrats. Can you let the rest of us know when the deadline is for deposit aka when you need to decide by?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Kudos
Sampo wrote:
nitemini wrote:

I'm actually in the same boat... Bay Area, application status changed a while back, but I haven't received an email invite or anything. Guess maybe call the admissions office? I don't want to end up screwing up my chances by accidentally missing my invite somehow.

I just received my interview invite :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
CaliforniaMBA17 wrote:
marg2015 wrote:
nitemini wrote:

I'm from Los Angeles. I applied on 1/4. Invited to interview on 1/7. Interviewed on 1/13 on campus. When I received my interview invitation, they requested my official transcript and GMAT score. You have 30 days after their request to submit the official documents. My application was updated to complete about 2 days after they received my transcript.

I'm from bay area - applied 1/5, interview invite on 1/12, interviewed 1/26 on campus. my application status changed to incomplete requesting full transcripts and they also gave me 30 days to get my transcripts in. I'd submit your official transcripts now if it says incomplete and call the office to see if they need anything else. Also check your spam mail in case the interview invite went there.

Thankfully, I have just received my invite from Anderson! :-D any word of advice on the interview and the class you took when you were on campus?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: International Business, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.31
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
nitemini wrote:
Sampo wrote:
nitemini wrote:

congrats! Good to know they are still trickling out.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.7
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
nitemini wrote:
Sampo wrote:
nitemini wrote:

Congrats! I'll be sure to post if one shows up in my inbox :)
Intern
Intern
Status:Current Student - UCLA Anderson FEMBA Class of 2018
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.87
WE:General Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
On-campus interview with 2nd Year Student student this week. Overall, very casual and conversational as described in the invite email.

After introducing herself, she started with the following questions:

1.) Tell me about yourself and experience in 3-4 minutes.
2.) What are you short term and long term goals.
3.) Why MBA? Why Anderson?
4.) Describe a situation in which you were working in a group and there was disagreement. How did you resolve it?
5.) Describe a situation in which you were not a manager, but you were able to make an influential impact.

Interview lasted 20 minutes and 10 minute for me to ask questions. I asked about culture with other students, grade disclosure policy, and anything she would have done different during her time at UCLA.

She then provided me her email.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 131
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V34
GMAT 3: 700 Q46 V40
GMAT 4: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Thanks. Long wait for me too.

Pullo87 wrote:
avik629 wrote:
Hi, had my Skype interview right now. Second year student took the interview. Brief as follows:

He introduced himself and started with the following questions:

1.) Walk me through your resume.
2.) Why MBA? Why now?
3.) Why Anderson?
4.) Question regarding why that particular region for post MBA goals?
5.) Why did you get interested in your career passion?
6.) What is your leadership style?
7.) What do you do outside of work? Followup questions.

Main interview lasted 20-22 minutes.
10 minute for my questions, lot of to and fro chat.
Asked for his email ID.
In my opinion, interview was average....gave prepared answers to standard questions, why mba, why anderson, etc. Follow up questions were a unexpected and responses were not stellar. Was dreading more behavioral questions but thankfully, did not ask. :)

Congrats on getting in the interview. And thanks for the breakdown. Seems standard. Hopefully more invites will go out, though at this point I'm not holding my breath for an e-mail. With two months yet to go for decisions...waiting sucks...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.59
WE:Asset Management (Other)
Send PM
My dream school...Hope the invitation letter would come soon!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
hey guys..has any international r2 applicant received an invite for interview yet?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
nitemini wrote:

Same here... your post made me check my status and it too states that they need a transcript from my university. I haven't received any update or notification, however. In my application, I had scanned an official transcript, but looks like they need a hard copy. I've emailed them for clarification.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.56
WE:Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
I'm from bay area - applied 1/5, interview invite on 1/12, interviewed 1/26 on campus. my application status changed to incomplete requesting full transcripts and they also gave me 30 days to get my transcripts in. I'd submit your official transcripts now if it says incomplete and call the office to see if they need anything else. Also check your spam mail in case the interview invite went there.[/quote]

Thankfully, I have just received my invite from Anderson! :-D any word of advice on the interview and the class you took when you were on campus?[/quote]

Glad you got that sorted out - the interview was very similar to what has been described here previously. My interviewer asked one question I hadn't seen before -

"If your plans to work for a top tire consulting firm don't pan out, do you have a different plan or would you return to your current place of work?"

He probably asked me this as I made a point about trying to leverage B-School as a transition point in my previous answers, but good to be able to follow-up on the answers you provide to the previous questions.

As far as classes go - they were only offering Operations when I was there; however, my flight was cancelled and I was put on an earlier flight so I had to miss the class, so I'm not able to provide much meaningful feedback about that.

Best of luck in your interview and feel free to reach out if you'd like!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GRE 1: Q162 V164
Send PM
wishingpraying wrote:
nitemini wrote:

Same here... your post made me check my status and it too states that they need a transcript from my university. I haven't received any update or notification, however. In my application, I had scanned an official transcript, but looks like they need a hard copy. I've emailed them for clarification.

Thanks!

Where exactly did you see that? Did you sign into your application have it show up there?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
rbsx wrote:
wishingpraying wrote:
nitemini wrote:

Thanks!

Where exactly did you see that? Did you sign into your application have it show up there?

You can click on the application status link in your confirmation email - the dashboard will show you if anything's outstanding.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: International Business
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Has anyone here applied to UCLA through the Consortium? I have not even received an application confirmation, let alone any invitation.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  31   32   33   34   35   36   37  ...  62   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts