Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:34 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [2]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 1970 [0]
Given Kudos: 200
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
HinaTabassum wrote:
All the very best for your interview.

Thank you :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q41 V47
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Hi all. I see a lot of chatter about interviews and want to share my experience. I applied in the Early Action round and interviewed in August.

My interview was very conversational and relaxed. The majority of my interview was spent telling my story: who I am, where I’ve been, and where I’m going. It felt very natural.

However, it’s clear that there are a few questions that my interview was required to ask. Namely, my interviewer asked me about international experience—something which seems to be a pretty huge focus for Darden right now. Be prepared to get asked that question, even if doesn’t feel natural.

Overall, my interview experience was very good and I’m feeling confident about my experiences. I’m looking forward to hearing back from Darden by October 17!

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by getmeacupofjoe on 26 Sep 2018, 16:44.
Last edited by getmeacupofjoe on 27 Sep 2018, 03:41, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
So i had my Darden interview yesterday. It went exactly like all the other interview debriefs. Started off with tell me something about your family. Then childhood and college (more specifically extracurricular). I was also asked why engineering, this is primarily because my background is in biotechnology so she asked why not become a doctor etc.
Then we talked about professional life. She asked how you managed teams from different cultures and background
The Why MBA and Why Darden?
Then we talked about life outside work - we even talked about Harry Potter because i said that i am reading that currently.
In summary, the interviewer is looking for a conversation and gives you ample opportunity to tell her who you are in person outside of your essays. What is it that makes you special - i have consulting experience and team management experience so i made sure i drove those points really well.
My interview lasted for about 32 mins and that includes the questions i had for her. It was an amazing conversation and i couldn't get enough of it. It wasn't like i was speaking to the person for the first time.
My suggestion would be to say whatever you love and if the interviewer loves that too then there comes out a personal connection - in my case that was Harry Potter (never thought that reading it will help me in an interview)
And most importantly, i believe because i was calm the conversation happened naturally and i told her more things (on a personal front) than i had imagined.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Send PM
Anyone got an interview invite from Batten Insitute for the scholarship or has already given the interview
Director
Director
Send PM
getmeacupofjoe when you say international experience, do you mean to say that they asked if you had any international experience or do you mean to say what they expected you to get out of the international experience that Darden offers. Like the question in the application which asks us to name a location we would like to go to.
Director
Director
Send PM
Good to hear that GoalMBA2019

All the best.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for my interviewer (to first get an invite) to like things that I like so that it gives us something to talk about.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Had my interview on campus. Weather was pretty gloomy while I was there, but the class I sat in on was great and the students were super nice. The interview itself went on for a while, no idea to gauge how it went. That said, I addressed all the points I wanted to, so nothing to do now but wait and see!
Director
Director
Send PM
What were your points Amaranth if you do not mind sharing.
Director
Director
Send PM
Just an observation. How came more than 90% of the people here are all Indian? I hardly see any other Pakistani. A few US citizens but that is it.
Own Kudos [?]: 1970 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Fingers crossed now; done with the interview. Went exactly the way described in the aforementioned comments: started from childhood story and went all the way to gmatclub.com

my interview went for around 40 minutes; (not 45~) so a bit tensed about the outcome. All the best everyone who is yet to interview!
Director
Director
Send PM
How did gmatclub.com fit into it, gmatexam439 ?
Send PM
HinaTabassum wrote:

That's a long story :-D GMATClub is very close to heart !!
Director
Director
Send PM
gmatexam439 wrote:
HinaTabassum wrote:

I'd love to hear (read) it if it is not something you'd rather not became public. :)
Send PM
HinaTabassum wrote:
gmatexam439 wrote:
HinaTabassum wrote:

I'd love to hear (read) it if it is not something you'd rather not became public. :)

Maybe in my next debrief -- if I get an admit! For now I will go back to writing essays :) All the best with prep!
Director
Director
Send PM
gmatexam439 wrote:
HinaTabassum wrote:
gmatexam439 wrote:

Maybe in my next debrief -- if I get an admit! For now I will go back to writing essays :) All the best with prep!

Okay
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
HinaTabassum wrote:

Mostly the points/reasons I wanted to include for my "Why Darden". The reasons I wanted to include for my "Why MBA" answer. Also, the parts of my background that I wanted to ensure I communicated during the interview!
Director
Director
Send PM
Amaranth wrote:
HinaTabassum wrote:

Mostly the points/reasons I wanted to include for my "Why Darden". The reasons I wanted to include for my "Why MBA" answer. Also, the parts of my background that I wanted to ensure I communicated during the interview!

Thank you
Director
Director
Send PM
Submitted your application yet DigitsnLetters ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  18   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts