GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Sep 2019, 05:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling Desautels Class of 2018 (Starting 2016) - Admitted Students

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 209
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '17
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling Desautels Class of 2018 (Starting 2016) - Admitted Students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 10:42
shathishmuthu wrote:
Hello Chinmay,

#1 - Thx for sharing the info about Paras educational fund. I guess it is required to have a US Green card holder co-signer for the loan. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, can you check if they can provide loans for Indian students with a Canadian co-signer during your appointment. Not many review comments are available about them in the web. Do share us your experience after the appointment.

#2 - Reg the $5000 payment, you can check with the Adcom. I too had the same problem and they told me it is possible to wire transfer but highly recommended to use the card payment gateway. I took help from my Canadian friend and paid using the card. If you don't have any other options, explain them your situation and they will be able to guide you.

Thx..


Thanks for the suggestion on payment of deposit money. I will check with the school.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Aug 2015
Posts: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Re: Calling Desautels Class of 2018 (Starting 2016) - Admitted Students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 21:40
Hey there,

You can also use a debit card provided its an international debit card. I used my HDFC debit to pay and all I had to do was change the international limit over netbanking to cover the entire 5k cad. Usually the words "international debit card" are punched on the card itself however you can always check with your bank as well to confirm.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 209
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '17
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling Desautels Class of 2018 (Starting 2016) - Admitted Students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 22:22
henna wrote:
Hey there,

You can also use a debit card provided its an international debit card. I used my HDFC debit to pay and all I had to do was change the international limit over netbanking to cover the entire 5k cad. Usually the words "international debit card" are punched on the card itself however you can always check with your bank as well to confirm.


Thanks. How did you change the international limit? My card is international debit card and I have enough balance in account to pay the deposit. Where do you check limit for international transaction?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Mar 2015
Posts: 49
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V35
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling Desautels Class of 2018 (Starting 2016) - Admitted Students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 23:30
Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask about the level of French required by companies in Montreal for the positions they hire for. I am willing to learn French from scratch, however, I wanted to learn whether it is possible to have that sort of proficiency till the start of the program. I am willing to spend nearly 10 hours/week to learn french for next 6-7 months.

It'll be great if the current students and alumni can also pitch in to share their experiences.

Thanks,
Kunal
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 209
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '17
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling Desautels Class of 2018 (Starting 2016) - Admitted Students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 23:51
KunalV21 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask about the level of French required by companies in Montreal for the positions they hire for. I am willing to learn French from scratch, however, I wanted to learn whether it is possible to have the sort of proficiency till the start of the program. I am willing to spend nearly 10 hours/week to learn french for next 6-7 months.

It'll be great if the current students and alumni can also pitch in to share their experiences.

Thanks,
Kunal


Hi Kunal,

I am currently taking French language lessons at Alliance Francaise. Purpose was simply to improve vocabulary. My experience is that it will take time to work on French comprehension and speaking skills. Again you need to know Quebecois dialect, which you can learn there only. I wonder how much time one can give to language lessons while studying an MBA. You can certainly work on your reading skills. It is possible to work on them in next 6 months. My experience is that though I can equip myself with basic French to lead some social life in Montreal, it is not possible for me to have business level proficiency in French by the time I graduate.

Regards,
Chinmay
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Aug 2015
Posts: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Re: Calling Desautels Class of 2018 (Starting 2016) - Admitted Students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2015, 05:04
desaichinmay22 wrote:
henna wrote:
Hey there,

You can also use a debit card provided its an international debit card. I used my HDFC debit to pay and all I had to do was change the international limit over netbanking to cover the entire 5k cad. Usually the words "international debit card" are punched on the card itself however you can always check with your bank as well to confirm.


Thanks. How did you change the international limit? My card is international debit card and I have enough balance in account to pay the deposit. Where do you check limit for international transaction?



You're likely to find it on your netbanking page under a section which allows to modify card related details. For HDFC its a tab called "cards" under which there is a dropdown to modify such details.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 209
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '17
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling Desautels Class of 2018 (Starting 2016) - Admitted Students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2015, 05:09
henna wrote:
desaichinmay22 wrote:
henna wrote:
Hey there,

You can also use a debit card provided its an international debit card. I used my HDFC debit to pay and all I had to do was change the international limit over netbanking to cover the entire 5k cad. Usually the words "international debit card" are punched on the card itself however you can always check with your bank as well to confirm.


Thanks. How did you change the international limit? My card is international debit card and I have enough balance in account to pay the deposit. Where do you check limit for international transaction?



You're likely to find it on your netbanking page under a section which allows to modify card related details. For HDFC its a tab called "cards" under which there is a dropdown to modify such details.


Thanks for the input. I do have HDFC card and this information will help in making the payment.

Regards,
Chinmay
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Mar 2015
Posts: 49
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V35
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling Desautels Class of 2018 (Starting 2016) - Admitted Students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 09:54
desaichinmay22 wrote:
KunalV21 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask about the level of French required by companies in Montreal for the positions they hire for. I am willing to learn French from scratch, however, I wanted to learn whether it is possible to have the sort of proficiency till the start of the program. I am willing to spend nearly 10 hours/week to learn french for next 6-7 months.

It'll be great if the current students and alumni can also pitch in to share their experiences.

Thanks,
Kunal


Hi Kunal,

I am currently taking French language lessons at Alliance Francaise. Purpose was simply to improve vocabulary. My experience is that it will take time to work on French comprehension and speaking skills. Again you need to know Quebecois dialect, which you can learn there only. I wonder how much time one can give to language lessons while studying an MBA. You can certainly work on your reading skills. It is possible to work on them in next 6 months. My experience is that though I can equip myself with basic French to lead some social life in Montreal, it is not possible for me to have business level proficiency in French by the time I graduate.

Regards,
Chinmay


Thanks for your inputs, Chinmay! I still believe that getting an early head start will help in the long run.

I am planning to put my deposit next week. Is there any other way to deposit the money except what has been added in this thread i.e. through credit card, wire transfer, international debit card, or canadian friend/relative. I wrote to adcom and got an automatic out of office reply.

Thanks,
Kunal
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 May 2015
Posts: 3
Re: Calling Desautels Class of 2018 (Starting 2016) - Admitted Students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 22:16
Hi All.

Good you guys started this thread.

I too have received an admit from McGill with an acceptance date of 28th Dec.

So anybody;s done some background research on the college and can post your discoveries in the forum?

How about starting a Whasapp group or an FB group admin?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Mar 2015
Posts: 49
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V35
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling Desautels Class of 2018 (Starting 2016) - Admitted Students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2015, 09:04
KunalV21 wrote:
desaichinmay22 wrote:
KunalV21 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask about the level of French required by companies in Montreal for the positions they hire for. I am willing to learn French from scratch, however, I wanted to learn whether it is possible to have the sort of proficiency till the start of the program. I am willing to spend nearly 10 hours/week to learn french for next 6-7 months.

It'll be great if the current students and alumni can also pitch in to share their experiences.

Thanks,
Kunal


Hi Kunal,

I am currently taking French language lessons at Alliance Francaise. Purpose was simply to improve vocabulary. My experience is that it will take time to work on French comprehension and speaking skills. Again you need to know Quebecois dialect, which you can learn there only. I wonder how much time one can give to language lessons while studying an MBA. You can certainly work on your reading skills. It is possible to work on them in next 6 months. My experience is that though I can equip myself with basic French to lead some social life in Montreal, it is not possible for me to have business level proficiency in French by the time I graduate.

Regards,
Chinmay


Thanks for your inputs, Chinmay! I still believe that getting an early head start will help in the long run.

I am planning to put my deposit next week. Is there any other way to deposit the money except what has been added in this thread i.e. through credit card, wire transfer, international debit card, or canadian friend/relative. I wrote to adcom and got an automatic out of office reply.

Thanks,
Kunal


Anyone?

P.S - Merry Christmas!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Nov 2015
Posts: 12
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Re: Calling Desautels Class of 2018 (Starting 2016) - Admitted Students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2015, 05:11
abhinavravi5 wrote:
Hi All.

Good you guys started this thread.

I too have received an admit from McGill with an acceptance date of 28th Dec.

So anybody;s done some background research on the college and can post your discoveries in the forum?

How about starting a Whasapp group or an FB group admin?


There's already a facebook group for admitted students. You'll receive the invite after paying the deposit.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2015
Posts: 450
Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Desautels Class of 2018 (Starting 2016) - Admitted Students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2015, 13:37
In with 40k, guess I am going somewhere else instead.

Congrats to those admitted!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 May 2015
Posts: 3
Re: Calling Desautels Class of 2018 (Starting 2016) - Admitted Students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2015, 00:52
Hi all.

I have also got an admit from Desautels McGill.

Application Date: Nov 1st
Interview Date: Nov 16th (From Pina)
Admit Date: Dec 11th(By Molino)

Regards,
Abhinav R
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2015
Posts: 8
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Re: Calling Desautels Class of 2018 (Starting 2016) - Admitted Students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2015, 23:02
Those who have made the deposit, please feel free to PM me your contact numbers and I'll create a whatsapp group.

-Aman
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 May 2015
Posts: 3
Re: Calling Desautels Class of 2018 (Starting 2016) - Admitted Students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2015, 23:16
Hi Aman!!

Sounds to be a good initiative.

My number is +91-7358-776664.

Regards,
Abhinav R
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Dec 2014
Posts: 34
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Re: Calling Desautels Class of 2018 (Starting 2016) - Admitted Students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2015, 16:34
henna wrote:
Hey there,

You can also use a debit card provided its an international debit card. I used my HDFC debit to pay and all I had to do was change the international limit over netbanking to cover the entire 5k cad. Usually the words "international debit card" are punched on the card itself however you can always check with your bank as well to confirm.



I did the same...but it is showing me payment unsuccessful...call for authorization...God Knows whats that and how i will do the payment
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 209
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '17
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling Desautels Class of 2018 (Starting 2016) - Admitted Students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2015, 22:55
aakashbaweja wrote:
henna wrote:
Hey there,

You can also use a debit card provided its an international debit card. I used my HDFC debit to pay and all I had to do was change the international limit over netbanking to cover the entire 5k cad. Usually the words "international debit card" are punched on the card itself however you can always check with your bank as well to confirm.



I did the same...but it is showing me payment unsuccessful...call for authorization...God Knows whats that and how i will do the payment


Henna,

Any idea on how to deal with this authorization thing? I will be using my HDFC debit card to pay the deposit.

Regards,
Chinmay
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 209
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '17
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling Desautels Class of 2018 (Starting 2016) - Admitted Students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2015, 23:14
AA2909 wrote:
Those who have made the deposit, please feel free to PM me your contact numbers and I'll create a whatsapp group.

-Aman


Hi Aman,

I have paid the deposit. You can add me. My number is 91 9892177059.

Regards,
Chinmay
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Nov 2015
Posts: 12
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Re: Calling Desautels Class of 2018 (Starting 2016) - Admitted Students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2016, 06:18
AA2909 wrote:
Those who have made the deposit, please feel free to PM me your contact numbers and I'll create a whatsapp group.

-Aman


Hi Aman,

I have also made the payment. My number is +91.999.4625.911

thx.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2014
Posts: 9
Re: Calling Desautels Class of 2018 (Starting 2016) - Admitted Students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2016, 17:45
I want to know my chances of being admitted in it. Please let me know.

Education: B.Com from a reputed university in india(A state university)
GPA:3.0
GMAT:700
Work Experience: 2 Years

I am a Canadian citizen
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling Desautels Class of 2018 (Starting 2016) - Admitted Students   [#permalink] 01 Jan 2016, 17:45

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 62 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling Desautels Class of 2018 (Starting 2016) - Admitted Students

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne