It is currently 22 Sep 2017, 15:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Chances for top schools?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.34
Chances for top schools?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2017, 10:07
Ethnicity
Hispanic dual citizen Mexico USA
Fluent Spanish and English

I have a pretty descent illegal immigration to citizenship story

26 years old

Gmat 720 48Q 41V 8IR 6AWA

GPA 3.34 from Texas State University (average college) bachelors in accounting

30 months of experience, will have 42 by the time I enroll

Work for $60bln commercial bank. In the oil field services lending group. Underwrote over 600million of new and existing credit facilities. Helped companies through IPOs, acquisitions, bankruptcies, etc.

Did lead an analyst only set of meetings to help the bank determine why analysts were leaving for other banks (had approval from executive management to do this). Many of the ideas we came up with were implemented for long lasting value add.

Extracurricular currently includes the HEART program where I volunteer for an organization that helps dissablied adults work for good wages. They run concession stands at sporting events (Houston. Rockets, shell open) and since they are not allowed to handle the money the organization has volunteers run the registers and help the workers(people with dissabities).

Goal is to work for a top strategic consulting firm for 5/10 years and then transfer to industry in a management position.

I am targeting HBS Columbia Wharton and Kellogg

Please let me know if I would have a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 34

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Chances for top schools? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2017, 16:14
javizroper wrote:
Ethnicity
Hispanic dual citizen Mexico USA
Fluent Spanish and English
Hi javizroper! Thanks for reaching out. Will address your profile below.
I have a pretty descent illegal immigration to citizenship story

26 years old

Gmat 720 48Q 41V 8IR 6AWAvery strong scores

GPA 3.34 from Texas State University (average college) bachelors in accounting Not quite as stellar-
but don't see it detracting too much- especially with your GMAT score

30 months of experience, will have 42 by the time I enroll that's in the sweet spot zone- so still green lighting you as I read on...

Work for $60bln commercial bank. In the oil field services lending group. Underwrote over 600million of new and existing credit facilities. Helped companies through IPOs, acquisitions, bankruptcies, etc.

Did lead an analyst only set of meetings to help the bank determine why analysts were leaving for other banks (had approval from executive management to do this). Many of the ideas we came up with were implemented for long lasting value add.Strong work, good leadership examples here in this project.

Extracurricular currently includes the HEART program where I volunteer for an organization that helps dissablied adults work for good wages. They run concession stands at sporting events (Houston. Rockets, shell open) and since they are not allowed to handle the money the organization has volunteers run the registers and help the workers(people with dissabities).

Goal is to work for a top strategic consulting firm for 5/10 years and then transfer to industry in a management position.

I am targeting HBS Columbia Wharton and Kellogg

Please let me know if I would have a chance.I think you have a shot at all these schools- it would help you to really show through the application why you want each school and how it helps you- your work with disabled people could be a place to showcase leadership- and do use a proofreader for spelling!- Here are some quick access tips for these schools in approaching essays:
https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... mba-essay/
https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... hbs-essay/
https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... ton-essay/

I encourage you to reach out to us for a free consult because we have counselors who are alums at all these programs and can challenge you to do your best work on the essays for each program. The link to get a free consult is here:
https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/
While it may seem expensive to use a consultant, the benefit can be that if you have stronger essays you may be in a better position to be considered for scholarships- and even a partial one could offset and more the cost of a counselor!

And in terms of some other free materials you can review from us, I encourage you to sign up for our free newsletter at this link that has lots of appropriately timed articles on the MBA admissions process. The link to sign up is here: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... dmissions/

Best wishes to you! There's a lot to like in your profile- so just know the programs and also consider getting some advice from counselors who know these programs as alums!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 34

Re: Chances for top schools?   [#permalink] 07 Aug 2017, 16:14