It is currently 24 Nov 2017, 04:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Chicago Booth Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35
Chicago Booth Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2016, 05:45

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3801 [0], given: 2448

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2016, 05:58
Good luck to all waitlisted applicants. Take a look at articles on waitlist strategies and links of previous waitlist discussions added in the first post. We have an informal chat with an admission expert on Wed morning in the chat room. You are welcome to attend this chat and discuss next strategy with the expert.

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Manager
Manager
B

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2016, 06:09
Thanks for creating the thread.

What is everyone doing to tip the odds in their favour? The FAQ mentions not to get additional LoRs.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: Booth '19 (WA)
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.98

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2016, 06:51
I was planning on doing the suggested video, but it doesn't sound like there is much else we can do. I've already visited the school a few times and I am hesitant to submit additional LoRs as they specifically say not to. Does anyone else think differently? Are people doing the video or essay submission?

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2016, 08:20
KronicXD wrote:
Thanks for creating the thread.

What is everyone doing to tip the odds in their favour? The FAQ mentions not to get additional LoRs.

Thank you! Since I am not a Booth applicant, I thought it would be appropriate for you to lead this discussion, so I have made you thread owner. Feel free to engage other waitlisted applicants in the discussion. PM me if you need any help with waitlist roll call etc.

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Intern
Intern

Schools: Booth '19 (WA)
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2016, 08:53
Any thoughts on taking a new job at a new company in order to help odds of getting off the WL? Getting into Booth is my top priority, but I'm unsure if a new job (promotion in title and responsibility, but new company) would hurt or help my odds. I want to show job growth, but don't want to seem flaky.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2016, 03:40
Chitownkid wrote:
I was planning on doing the suggested video, but it doesn't sound like there is much else we can do. I've already visited the school a few times and I am hesitant to submit additional LoRs as they specifically say not to. Does anyone else think differently? Are people doing the video or essay submission?

I'll be doing the video too. Looking through last year's thread and the one before, everyone was adamant to do the video - especially from those people that went on and got accepted.

I might potentially give the GMAT again, push it from 710 to above the average of 726.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2016, 03:42
thebenjaminle wrote:
Any thoughts on taking a new job at a new company in order to help odds of getting off the WL? Getting into Booth is my top priority, but I'm unsure if a new job (promotion in title and responsibility, but new company) would hurt or help my odds. I want to show job growth, but don't want to seem flaky.

Keen on this too. Wonder if it looks good or bad. Throughout blogs and posts everywhere they mention to share new jobs - but I'm not sure if this refers to a promotion within the same firm or in another firm.

Anyone have any insight on this?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.93
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2016, 01:27
Hey All,

I've been looking at the statistics from live feeds and my GMAT score is really sub-par compared to the rest of the applicants so I'll be retaking my GMAT. I'll also submit a video and update my resume with recent progressions.

That's about all I can do in this short period. I can only hope it works out! All the best to the rest of you! Waiting is real hard but it develops patience and resilience :) It's been a real insightful process thus far! :)

Wishing you all the best of luck and keep in contact through this forum! :-D

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2016, 02:37
bp00natic wrote:
Hey All,

I've been looking at the statistics from live feeds and my GMAT score is really sub-par compared to the rest of the applicants so I'll be retaking my GMAT. I'll also submit a video and update my resume with recent progressions.

That's about all I can do in this short period. I can only hope it works out! All the best to the rest of you! Waiting is real hard but it develops patience and resilience :) It's been a real insightful process thus far! :)

I'm in the same boat as you in regards to the GMAT. Even in the FAQ they mentioned the average GMAT score is 726...I think that's a indirect shout-out.

When are you planning to sit it?

Intern
Intern

Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.93
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2016, 02:41
KronicXD wrote:
bp00natic wrote:
Hey All,

I'm in the same boat as you in regards to the GMAT. Even in the FAQ they mentioned the average GMAT score is 726...I think that's a indirect shout-out.

When are you planning to sit it?

I intend to do it early February. I emailed booth admissions and was told that all submissions need to be in before the 1st feb 2017 except for GMAT scores which need to be submitted by the 15th Feb for it to be considered towards our application for round 2.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2016, 11:18
bp00natic wrote:
I intend to do it early February. I emailed booth admissions and was told that all submissions need to be in before the 1st feb 2017 except for GMAT scores which need to be submitted by the 15th Feb for it to be considered towards our application for round 2.

That makes sense. With the Kellogg admit today, I think I'll skip the GMAT and see if I do the others and remain on the waitlist.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 17

Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.55
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2016, 09:35
Hi Class of 2019,

My name is JC. I'm a current 2nd year at Booth and once a former waitlisted applicant.

I recently wrote a medium post on tactics for improving your chances on the waitlist based on my personal experience and research.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

https://medium.com/@positivelyjc/so-youve-been-waitlisted-now-what-cfc344779153#.xepc3d990

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 17

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Schools: Booth '19 (II)

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2016, 23:38
positivelyJC wrote:
Hi Class of 2019,

My name is JC. I'm a current 2nd year at Booth and once a former waitlisted applicant.

I recently wrote a medium post on tactics for improving your chances on the waitlist based on my personal experience and research.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

https://medium.com/@positivelyjc/so-youve-been-waitlisted-now-what-cfc344779153#.xepc3d990

Thanks JC! Very helpful

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach

Kudos [?]: 199 [0], given: 76

Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2016, 01:55
I would recommend that you guys check out what JC posted here. It's excellent. For those of you local to Chicago, you are all but guaranteed a spot in the PT program should you decide to withdraw from the WL.

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
http://PoetsandQuants.com/Consultants/Farrell-Dyan
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Kudos [?]: 199 [0], given: 76

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2017, 23:09

How to Get Off the MBA Waitlist - YouTube Live by GMAT Club and Personal MBA Coach.

Dear Waitlisted Applicants,
You put a lot of time and effort into your MBA applications and, after months of hard work, you’re…waiting. It’s ok to scream into a pillow or go to town on a punching bag. It’s frustrating! But after you do, sign up for this youtube live session hosted by Scott Edinburgh, Founder of Personal MBA Coach. He'll talk about the process, the stats, do's and don'ts, and what has worked for his clients in the past. He'll wrap everything up with a live Q&A session. You don't want to miss this!

About Scott Edinburgh

A Wharton MBA graduate with a BS from MIT, Scott has been an MBA admissions consultant for eight years and has helped hundreds of applicants around the world get into top MBA programs. Besides perfecting the MBA admissions process and making dreams come true for applicants from Tokyo to San Francisco and everywhere in between, he has also worked across consulting, financial services and strategy & corporate development roles before becoming a Full-Time admissions consultant. He ran Global Strategy / Corporate Development as a Director of a 700 person leading independent publishing company. He also worked for InterContinental Hotels Group in Global Strategy, as well as JP Morgan and Deloitte Consulting in Mergers & Acquisitions. His experience in many of the jobs applicants have today or hope to obtain post-MBA helps him advise them on the best ways to not only get into their top choice schools, but position themselves for their dream jobs.

As an individual MBA admissions consultant, he takes the time to get to know every client personally as they go through the journey together. This starts with a deep analysis into applicant's background, an identification of his/her objectives and a thorough development of personal story. His no BS approach ensures that nothing falls through the cracks and his feedback is honest, non-sugar coated and immediate. He push his clients very hard and the work pays off. 96% of his clients got into one of their top two or three schools. He works with applicants applying to full-time MBA programs as well as Executive and part-time MBA programs.

Date and Time:

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Pacific Time (4 PM GMT; 9:30 PM India; 12 AM Singapore)

Joining Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr-wDgaTpMU

Add this event to your Google calendar

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V50
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2017, 23:25
This post received
KUDOS
Bumping this thread for currently waitlisted applicants, of whom I am one. Don't stop fighting the good fight, lads!

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 74

GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.08

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2017, 23:31
Hi all,

What do you think is the main reason you get Waitlisted?

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V50
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2017, 23:43
Can't say, really. I killed the interview, I think. I have great stats and work experience (GPA and GRE well beyond Booth's 50th percentile, and 75th percentile, for that matter; ivy undergrad, brand name work experience).

I think I probably failed to sell myself as a Booth student in my application. I only applied to 4 schools, from 3 of which I'm now waitlisted or rejected. Currently waiting on the last one. I'll be fine at my current job for at least another year, I guess :)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.08

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2017, 23:52
letsgetkafkaesque wrote:
Can't say, really. I killed the interview, I think. I have great stats and work experience (GPA and GRE well beyond Booth's 50th percentile, and 75th percentile, for that matter; ivy undergrad, brand name work experience).

I think I probably failed to sell myself as a Booth student in my application. I only applied to 4 schools, from 3 of which I'm now waitlisted or rejected. Currently waiting on the last one. I'll be fine at my current job for at least another year, I guess :)

Same reason here. If you really like Booth, try to prove that you love it :)

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!   [#permalink] 16 Mar 2017, 23:52

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 28 posts ] 

Chicago Booth Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: rohan2345

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap