Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:37 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA Charterholder
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.76
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.8
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Send PM
Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink]
schedir wrote:
Hi there!
I submitted my application on 18/12, but my latest recommender submitted two days later.
Hence, I consider that day (20/12) for my countdown.
I wonder if any of you might suggest me what to expect in terms of timing... if I were good enough to be invited to interview, when could it happen?

Hi Schedir,

From what others said on here and my own experiences, you can expect a rejection/interview invite within 6 weeks or so.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
CelerIP wrote:
schedir wrote:
Hi there!
I submitted my application on 18/12, but my latest recommender submitted two days later.
I wonder if any of you might suggest me what to expect in terms of timing... if I were good enough to be invited to interview, when could it happen?

Hi Celer,

Based on other peoples experiences, do they notify someone who has been declined later than if they were selected for an interview?.
What i mean is if an applicant is in week 5, can the decision still be in their favour?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Send PM
Kudos
pranav2570 wrote:
CelerIP wrote:
schedir wrote:
Hi there!

Hi Celer,

Based on other peoples experiences, do they notify someone who has been declined later than if they were selected for an interview?.
What i mean is if an applicant is in week 5, can the decision still be in their favour?

Absolutely! The process works like this based on what's been shared in this forum as well as an interview conducted with the admissions director: https://www.mbamission.com/blog/2013/03/ ... ss-school/

1. You submit your application, and it is assigned to a reader.
2. If your first reader recommends you for an interview, then you get an interview. If your first reader does not recommend you, then your application goes to a second reader.
3. If a second reader recommends you for an interview, then you get an interview. If a second reader says no, your application goes before a committee, and the likely result is a rejection.

So... if you haven't gotten any news from Columbia yet, it just means that either

A. They are still processing a bunch of apps, so there's a bottleneck somewhere
B. Your app still needs to be reviewed by a second reader

Still, both A and B are speculations, so I wouldn't fret too much about it.

Hope that helps - best of luck to you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Hi Celer,

What i mean is if an applicant is in week 5, can the decision still be in their favour?[/quote]

Absolutely! The process works like this based on what's been shared in this forum as well as an interview conducted with the admissions director: https://www.mbamission.com/blog/2013/03/ ... ss-school/

2. If your first reader recommends you for an interview, then you get an interview. If your first reader does not recommend you, then your application goes to a second reader.
3. If a second reader recommends you for an interview, then you get an interview. If a second reader says no, your application goes before a committee, and the likely result is a rejection.

So... if you haven't gotten any news from Columbia yet, it just means that either

Hope that helps - best of luck to you![/quote]

That was a fantastic response. Its a little early for me to be getting anxious :P. I only submitted my app on the 5th of Jan. Its only been about two weeks. From the posts I have seen is that usually they take about a month minimum to get back. The whole process is quite interesting though. I just got used to the round system, this threw me off a bit. So I guess it hasn't gone to the first reader itself :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
pranav2570 wrote:
Hi Celer,

Hope that helps - best of luck to you![/quote]

That was a fantastic response. Its a little early for me to be getting anxious :P. I only submitted my app on the 5th of Jan. Its only been about two weeks. From the posts I have seen is that usually they take about a month minimum to get back. The whole process is quite interesting though. I just got used to the round system, this threw me off a bit. So I guess it hasn't gone to the first reader itself :P[/quote]

I would also assume that a lot of applications were submitted on or just before the Merit Fellowship Deadline on 6 January. This might mean a slightly longer response time if you submitted around this time (as I also did).

This is just a speculation of course. Best not to think about it too much and wait for a surprise in your inbox!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Have any fall admits gotten notification of fellowship awards? I assume this process is still ongoing...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V42
GMAT 3: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
JTaros84 wrote:
Have any fall admits gotten notification of fellowship awards? I assume this process is still ongoing...

Speaking to admits from last year, that's something that tends to shake out in early February. I'm not personally expecting any fellowship, but as I understand those that do receive them likely will hear in the coming weeks/months
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
I have applied on 14th of December. It has been 6 weeks already and I haven't heard anything yet. Is there anyone in the same situation?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.85
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
ctu1988 wrote:
I have applied on 14th of December. It has been 6 weeks already and I haven't heard anything yet. Is there anyone in the same situation?

I wouldn't worry too much about this - it took CBS 7 weeks since the moment I applied to hear back for interviews. In fact, very few applications were processed from Dec 24th through Jan 1st due to the holiday break.

Hang tight - you'll hear back soon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Does it show up on your application page when your interviewer submits feedback? I interviewed a few days ago and haven't seen any feedback notification (either via email or on my profile), so am wondering whether this has been submitted or not.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
jambi - you would get a notification (both email and status change in your application, similar to being selected to interview) that your interviewer submitted the feedback; CBS gives them 3 days to submit after they've conducted, as my interviewer told me, so might be worthwhile nudging your interviewer if they haven't submitted anything yet

JTaros84 - i received a fellowship in my acceptance letter; i asked the admission committee member who called me with my acceptance who did not offer the information forthright (i think she just forgot), and then it was also reflected in the official letter
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: CBS '16 (M)
Send PM
@nycdweller

Do you remember the time-frame between acceptance and receiving the official letter?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [3]
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE:Asset Management (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
Got the call this morning, no mention of a fellowship. Here are my dates for those interested:

Applied: Nov. 25
Invited to interview: Dec. 27
Interviewed: Jan. 10
Interviewer report: Jan. 15 (after a reminder email!)
Accepted: Jan. 23

Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
CelerIP wrote:
schedir wrote:
Hi there!

Hi Schedir,

From what others said on here and my own experiences, you can expect a rejection/interview invite within 6 weeks or so.

Sounds good.. almost there! Thank you
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.3
WE:Marketing (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Submitted: 12/30
Invited to Interview: 1/23

Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
meristem wrote:
Submitted: 12/30
Invited to Interview: 1/23

Good luck everyone!

Exact same dates as Meristem.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
JTaros84 wrote:

nycdweller wrote:
JTaros84 - i received a fellowship in my acceptance letter; i asked the admission committee member who called me with my acceptance who did not offer the information forthright (i think she just forgot), and then it was also reflected in the official letter

I got my call in early Jan and, like nycdweller, had fellowship info in my acceptance letter. I was a little bit surprised to see that it was a first-year-only offer -- is this the norm for Columbia? I've also heard that CBS is a bit less generous than say, Wharton, so curious if anyone has a sense of the "average" CBS fellowship award size...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  48   49   50   51   52   53   54  ...  60   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts