GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 29 Feb 2020, 03:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2014, 06:54
Tgt wrote:
cbsrinivas wrote:
All the best to all those who have got interview invites!

Has Darden sent out any mail other than confirming that the application has been submitted?
Thats the only mail I have received so far after submitting my application for R2.
Can someone please clarify?

Provided that your application is complete and they don't need extra information you shouldn't receive any "intermediate" update before receiving the invite,
it is perfectly normal!

Thanks Tgt for the confirmation!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.24
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2014, 06:57
Hey Man, this is unbelievable,I have never heard of anything like this ,how much experience do you have and in in what domain?

Thanks,
Siddharth[/quote]

I have never heard that too, even though I read somewhere that Darden has suggested the some candidates to pursue executive MBA instead of 2 yr MBA only during the interview process. I am 30 yrs old and I have around 8 yrs experience in the IT industry.[/quote]

I recently saw a video session from Kenan Flagler admission committee where she told that there are some students whose chances of employability decrease if in a full time MBA and executive MBA is better suited for them .
I think the same thing happened here. Considering your experience and future aspirations , they have felt you will be more employable after the executive MBA.[/quote]

Can you please PM me the link of this video?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.8
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2014, 10:22
Received the interview invitation today.

However, the dates available are limited to 12 and 13 Feb. Hope to sort it out as I will be occupied on those dates.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2014, 14:00
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Take a Virtual Tour of Darden

Darden Virtual Tour

The University of Virginia Darden School of Business is pleased to announce our new virtual tour. Explore the Darden Grounds — previously ranked No. 1 in Best Campus Facilities by the Princeton Review — and take a tour of our classrooms, student common areas, i.Lab for entrepreneurship, dining areas and more.

The virtual tour also includes videos describing student life and photos of the campus throughout the year.

Interested in seeing Darden in person? We invite you to attend a class visit in Charlottesville. Class visits are offered while classes are in session between August – April.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GMAT 3: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.76
WE: Supply Chain Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2014, 15:37
Hi All, can i check if everyone recieved an email saying "Thank for your submitting your application to the University of Virginia Darden School of Business. Your application is currently under review" on the day they submitted their application?

There has been no email post that saying your application is complete or anything like that? Since lot of other schools send the same I am confused if my application is complete for Darden or is anything missing since I did not get any completion mail from them.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2014, 17:57
nextstopmba wrote:
Hi All, can i check if everyone recieved an email saying "Thank for your submitting your application to the University of Virginia Darden School of Business. Your application is currently under review" on the day they submitted their application?

There has been no email post that saying your application is complete or anything like that? Since lot of other schools send the same I am confused if my application is complete for Darden or is anything missing since I did not get any completion mail from them.

I think we all received the same email on the day we submitted the app. Since they didn't contact you again, u can be sure your application is complete...

Is there any cut off date for handing out interview invites?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2014, 21:48
merwin11 wrote:
nextstopmba wrote:

I think we all received the same email on the day we submitted the app. Since they didn't contact you again, u can be sure your application is complete...

Is there any cut off date for handing out interview invites?

I went through last year's thread and found that interview invitations were trickling in all the way till the end of February. So I don't think we should start losing hope till late Feb.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.6
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2014, 21:55
shimarstar wrote:
Hey guys quick question, does Darden have an official date or deadline by which they shall notify dings/waitlists and any and all of the last invites? or can we expect decisions going on till their Round 2 final decision deadline on March 25th?

Also did those amazing individuals with invites, receive an interview invitation via email or through the Darden dashboard?

Warm Regards

Received via email...

Below is a blog on 2013 admission decisions, may be similar could be there for 2014.

http://blogs.darden.virginia.edu/admiss ... w-invites/
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2014, 09:00
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Darden Students Celebrate Chinese Lunar New Year
Cold Calls are a Thursday night tradition when members of the Darden community gather together and celebrate the diversity of the student body. Last week’s Cold Call event was sponsored by the Asian Business Club at Darden and celebrated the Lunar New Year with a traditional Chinese performance by Darden students and the greater University of Virginia community, food and camaraderie. Learn more about the celebration by watching the video below:

Darden Community Celebrates Lunar New Year
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2014, 11:00
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Darden Alumni Spotlight: How to Run a Successful Tech Startup
Darden alumni Jon Carrier (MBA ’12), Teddy Jones (MBA ’12) and Ryal Tayloe (MBA ’12) were recently featured on MSNBC’s Your Business about their tech startup, 501 Auctions. The completely self-funded venture has raised $3 million for nonprofits this year alone, and projects revenue to reach $5 million early this year. A variety of 501(c) organizations, including the Parkinson Foundation, have seen an average of 40 percent growth in their fundraising efforts since adopting 501 Auctions’ event management software.

In the following MSNBC video, the three Darden alumni discuss how they are able to run a successful startup from their home offices in different cities:

Video: Home Run Businesses

Learn more about Entrepreneurship at Darden.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2014, 17:01
Hi All,

I am an Indian applicant based in New Delhi. I haven't received an interview invite from Darden yet. I understand that many international applicants have already received their interview calls. Question is, how long before I can assume that I have been dinged by Darden. Any clarity around the last day would be greatly appreciated. I am kind of anxious!

Thanks,
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2014, 21:48
gunterz wrote:
Hi All,

I am an Indian applicant based in New Delhi. I haven't received an interview invite from Darden yet. I understand that many international applicants have already received their interview calls. Question is, how long before I can assume that I have been dinged by Darden. Any clarity around the last day would be greatly appreciated. I am kind of anxious!

Thanks,

I feel end of this month would be a safe bet judging from the first round. After that chances are very slim.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: None
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Corporate Finance (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2014, 09:00
Just got an interview invite few minutes ago...good luck everyone
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Supply Chain Management (Telecommunications)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2014, 14:34
Any indian applicant living in India who has got the invite?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2014, 14:44
qw1981 wrote:

Haven't heard anything from Darden. :(
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE: Programming (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2014, 15:08
gunterz wrote:
qw1981 wrote:

Same here.. Nothing yet.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE: Marketing (Transportation)

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2014, 21:50
fiona30 wrote:
gunterz wrote:
qw1981 wrote:

Same here.. Nothing yet.

Nothing here too.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE: Analyst (Journalism and Publishing)

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2014, 04:44
Nothing in Brazil too...
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.6
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2014, 21:16
fiona30 wrote:
gunterz wrote:
qw1981 wrote:

Same here.. Nothing yet.

Hi, I am from India and stay in Bangalore. I got the invite on 25th Jan.

But what I understood from a post on last year admission that the Darden invite goes on till the deadline. All the best to you guys! :)
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2014, 03:59
Customary check - Has any Indian applicant apart from DNS123 heard anything from Darden or has Darden decided to ding us all?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 11 Feb 2014, 03:59

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  24   25   26   27   28   29   30  ...  40    Next  [ 794 posts ] 

Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: kiryuken