GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 23 Feb 2020, 15:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2013
Posts: 5
Location: India
GPA: 3.85
WE: Information Technology (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2014, 04:03
gunterz wrote:
Customary check - Has any Indian applicant apart from DNS123 heard anything from Darden or has Darden decided to ding us all?


"Darden decided to ding us all" You mean all Indians ?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Jan 2013
Posts: 172
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Supply Chain Management (Telecommunications)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2014, 04:25
leo30 wrote:
gunterz wrote:
Customary check - Has any Indian applicant apart from DNS123 heard anything from Darden or has Darden decided to ding us all?


"Darden decided to ding us all" You mean all Indians ?


Well DNS123 is the one with the highest GMAT score among the group. Not very hopeful for the invite.. lets see what happens.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 May 2012
Posts: 36
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
Reviews Badge
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2014, 05:50
qw1981 wrote:
leo30 wrote:
gunterz wrote:
Customary check - Has any Indian applicant apart from DNS123 heard anything from Darden or has Darden decided to ding us all?


"Darden decided to ding us all" You mean all Indians ?


Well DNS123 is the one with the highest GMAT score among the group. Not very hopeful for the invite.. lets see what happens.


I don't think it is only dependent on GMAT score. Probably, other Indians have got an invite as well but are not active on this forum.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 May 2013
Posts: 13
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q46 V29
GMAT 2: 710 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE: Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2014, 08:10
Just received the email with the invitation. Didn't even see when are the skype interview spots. Got excited with business school again after the dings from HBS and Tuck.

PS:Applicant from Brazil.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2014
Posts: 7
Concentration: Strategy
WE: Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2014, 09:23
Just received the invitation to interview (remotely)! U.S. applicant but located in Germany.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 May 2013
Posts: 13
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q46 V29
GMAT 2: 710 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE: Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2014, 09:55
By the way, does anyone have a clue on the interview to admission ratio for Darden? I have no idea, and couldn't find it anywhere. Just wanted to have an idea on what are my chances from here.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2013
Posts: 60
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GPA: 3.6
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2014, 10:51
newiceguy wrote:
By the way, does anyone have a clue on the interview to admission ratio for Darden? I have no idea, and couldn't find it anywhere. Just wanted to have an idea on what are my chances from here.


I read somewhere that they interviewed 41% and accepted 25% (can't remember which year this was for). That comes out to around 60% accepted after interview. I'm honestly surprised. The interview was incredibly easy ("tell me about yourself for 30 minutes"). I am trying to think how somebody screws that up and doesn't get admitted...

With my luck, I will be one of those people :oops:
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2013
Posts: 243
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2014, 11:00
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Employment Report for the Darden Class of 2013
The Economist ranks Darden No. 1 for its diversity of recruiters. In 2013, 27% of Darden graduates from the Class of 2013 accepted positions in the consulting industry, making an average base salary of $129,254. Other top industries for Darden students included Financial Services (26%), Technology (14%) and Consumer Products (13%).

Employment Data by Industry

Industry

Accepted Offers

Average Base Salary

Average Signing Bonus

Consulting

27%

$129,254

$26,615

Consumer Products

13%

$100,818

$20,600

Energy

3%

$110,571

$19,115

Financial Services

26%

$101,469

$41,250

   Investment Banking

19%

$100,348

$44,464

   Investment Mgmt/Portfolio Mgmt

2%

$113,750

N/A

   Other Financial Services

5%

$101,633

$27,273

Manufacturing

12%

$106,577

N/A

Miscellaneous

3%

$143,750

$16,750

Real Estate

1%

$96,667

N/A

Technology

14%

$111,817

$32,644

Transportation

1%

$96,680

$20,000

Total

100%*

$111,171

$29,421

* Percentages have been rounded and may not total 100.

Please visit our website to view additional information on employment data by job function and geography, top hiring companies and Darden MBA internships.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Jan 2014
Posts: 12
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2014, 12:54
qw1981 wrote:
Any indian applicant living in India who has got the invite?


No from my end..
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Feb 2014
Posts: 9
Concentration: Strategy
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2014, 16:25
I just received my invite

Applicant from Brazil
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2013
Posts: 13
Location: Brazil
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE: Analyst (Journalism and Publishing)
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2014, 04:13
Brazilian here.
Also got the invitation.
=)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Feb 2013
Posts: 46
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GMAT 3: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.76
WE: Supply Chain Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2014, 07:01
Got my interview invite yesterday..Indian living in Singapore..I had a question for guys who have been invited for interview or those who have already interviewed in R1..do all international students get only Skype interview option in the email invite and do you have to schedule it yourself?

The reason I ask this is because I got email saying my interview will be with an alum and the alum will contact me to schedule an interview in the next 10 business days. So I am a bit confused that I need to wait for alum to schedule the interview and I cannot do anything but wait. Any international student who interviewed with an alum please throw some light on this process. Thanks for your help in advnce.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 May 2013
Posts: 43
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2014, 07:26
nextstopmba wrote:
Got my interview invite yesterday..Indian living in Singapore..I had a question for guys who have been invited for interview or those who have already interviewed in R1..do all international students get only Skype interview option in the email invite and do you have to schedule it yourself?

The reason I ask this is because I got email saying my interview will be with an alum and the alum will contact me to schedule an interview in the next 10 business days. So I am a bit confused that I need to wait for alum to schedule the interview and I cannot do anything but wait. Any international student who interviewed with an alum please throw some light on this process. Thanks for your help in advnce.


My guess would be there's an alum based in Singapore and s/he is willing to be the interviewer. The majority of us got Skype ones. But it's more fun talking to a person than a webcam. :lol:

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 May 2013
Posts: 13
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q46 V29
GMAT 2: 710 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE: Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2014, 07:53
senyi wrote:
nextstopmba wrote:
Got my interview invite yesterday..Indian living in Singapore..I had a question for guys who have been invited for interview or those who have already interviewed in R1..do all international students get only Skype interview option in the email invite and do you have to schedule it yourself?

The reason I ask this is because I got email saying my interview will be with an alum and the alum will contact me to schedule an interview in the next 10 business days. So I am a bit confused that I need to wait for alum to schedule the interview and I cannot do anything but wait. Any international student who interviewed with an alum please throw some light on this process. Thanks for your help in advnce.


My guess would be there's an alum based in Singapore and s/he is willing to be the interviewer. The majority of us got Skype ones. But it's more fun talking to a person than a webcam. :lol:

Good luck!


Just adding to that, I have an skype interview, but a friend of mine who was accepted in R1 had an interview with an alum, and we are in the same city, so the decision on the type of interview may be based on alum availability for the location, and dates required.

Anyway, good luck on your interview, it is always a good sign to receive the invitation.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2013
Posts: 243
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2014, 12:00
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Building a Strong Community for Women MBAs
Darden was recently recognized for being the most collaborative MBA community for women by Nerd Scholar. Through Darden’s Graduate Women in Business (GWiB) club and the “Wednesday 10s” program (see below for information), Darden provides a supportive network for women MBAs and facilitates conversations happening around issues and challenges women face in their careers.

Ashley Oost-Lievense, President of GWIB, and Alison Stewart, VP Networking, discuss the resources GWiB offers to students below:

“The mission and purpose of the GWiB club is to provide members with awareness, resources, support and a cohesive network. As an organization, we have always promoted collaboration among female students, faculty and administration at the Darden School through networking and club events.

Some of our organization’s most popular events for women MBAs at Darden include Wednesday 10s and Diversity dinners, which encourage members to celebrate and learn about one another’s backgrounds over delicious food!

Additionally, just this past year, in an effort to extend our collaborative efforts, we have also invited men to join the club as part of a pilot program to explore better ways broaden the understanding and support for women in the workplace. This has been a really exciting initiative and we look forward to seeing how it develops with future GWiB members.

Wednesday 10s provide an opportunity for women in the Darden community — students, staff and faculty — to have real conversations about what it means to be a woman in the business world. In these sessions women share examples of situations they’ve faced in the past and provide valuable takeaways on how to even the playing field and be more confident business women.”

Learn more about resources for women at Darden.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2013
Posts: 5
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2014, 17:30
Starting to think that no interview invite is coming, based on the front page stats matching up to the first round based on interviews/invited to interviews...I know that they go until march, but still each day that passes isn't making me any more confident.

ha, how's everyone else feeling? Congrats to those that do have interview invites though!!

East coast applicant - in/from Virginia...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Sep 2013
Posts: 7
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GMAT 1: 560 Q34 V34
GMAT 2: 640 Q41 V38
GPA: 2.6
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2014, 18:34
darcraidr1 wrote:
Starting to think that no interview invite is coming, based on the front page stats matching up to the first round based on interviews/invited to interviews...I know that they go until march, but still each day that passes isn't making me any more confident.

ha, how's everyone else feeling? Congrats to those that do have interview invites though!!

East coast applicant - in/from Virginia...


waiting from VA also bud, still holding out hope
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2012
Posts: 23
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V34
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2014, 00:41
Looking at last years' threads, invites for interview are extended till the last week of Feb.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2014
Posts: 260
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q169 V165
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2014, 07:21
Really starting to get disheartened now. No contact from Darden yet. Considering extreme measures, like delivering the admissions staff cookies (But not really. Pretty sure that'd break a code of conduct.).
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Jan 2014
Posts: 12
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2014, 07:42
darcraidr1 wrote:
Starting to think that no interview invite is coming, based on the front page stats matching up to the first round based on interviews/invited to interviews...I know that they go until march, but still each day that passes isn't making me any more confident.

ha, how's everyone else feeling? Congrats to those that do have interview invites though!!

East coast applicant - in/from Virginia...


You are echoing my thoughts
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 13 Feb 2014, 07:42

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  25   26   27   28   29   30   31  ...  40    Next  [ 794 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: kiryuken






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne