Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [2]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q45 V44
GPA: 3.29
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake [#permalink]
Bookmarks
MMM1991 wrote:
Please can anyone help regarding the KIRA videos. I have submitted my application but I didnt do any KIRA videos within my application. Do they send us a link letter or something.??

Yes, they send the Kira link afterwards. I got into DeGroote in the previous intake. Dunno how long you have to wait because the new intake is probably just spooling up
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake [#permalink]
Fomorian wrote:
MMM1991 wrote:
Please can anyone help regarding the KIRA videos. I have submitted my application but I didnt do any KIRA videos within my application. Do they send us a link letter or something.??

Yes, they send the Kira link afterwards. I got into DeGroote in the previous intake. Dunno how long you have to wait because the new intake is probably just spooling up

Thanks!! Yes I have contacted them and they said that they would send the link in few days.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: DeGroote "22
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi, guys. Im an international student and im considering whether to apply for Degroot Co op MBA. My profile is not very impressive and quite weird.
I have 2 bachelor degree, first was in mining engineering, second was in corporate finance.
First GPA: 2.4; Second GPA: 3.6
GMAT: 680

For work experience, here is where i feel concern. After graduated from my first degree, i worked for 5 month in a sand quarry on an island as a representative of the technical team on site. This was the time that i felt engineer work is not very suitable for me, because im not very good at it, as evident in my first GPA. I decided to change career to finance, which is what i've always wanted to do. My company also possessed a resort, so i asked to be transfered there and worked for a time as a receptionist because i have decent English skill, and none of our receptionist were able to communicate with foreign guests. Then i thought to myself that i can do more than this. I decided to pursue a proper degree in finance, which is an MBA. I resigned and returned to the city to study for a second degree in corporate finance to improve my GPA, as well as get some general knowledge of the field. As the same time i also worked a translator gig for a lab, study GMAT, IELTS,...to prepare for the MBA. It was quite a stressful period, handling so many things at the same time, but i pulled through. I graduated from my second degree in June.

So as you can see, my work experience is quite weird and not relevant at all to finance. For all intents and purposes, im no different than someone who just came out of school with zero work experience. Can this affect my chance of getting admission to the program? My main concern is the behavioral interview, because my work is quite simple and i have never been in a leadership position before, aside from some group projects at school.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi...Are there any Essays required like "why MBA" and "why DeGroote", like other schools, for applying to Degroote?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Hi guys,

Is this the only forum for the 2019 intake? How's everybody's application season so far? :)

Sent from my MotoG3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 262
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
PoonamG5 wrote:
Hi...Are there any Essays required like "why MBA" and "why DeGroote", like other schools, for applying to Degroote?

Posted from my mobile device

Yes it is required

5 questions are there which you need to answer
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [2]
Given Kudos: 262
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
Kudos
Hey,

Feel free to ask any questions for DeGroote Co-op Vs FT.

Current student and will try to help as much as possible :)

Best wishes for your application.

Feel free to drop an email on himanshu.kamra2711@gmail.com
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi has anyone completed the kira interview? any suggestions?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MMM1991 wrote:

hi have you completed the kira interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Hi guys. Has anyone on the forum submitted the application and finished the Kira Interview?

Sent from my MotoG3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Kudos