GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Mar 2019, 09:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2019, 21:19
Samreen9293 wrote:
Admitted to the Full Time MBA.. Can someone please point to the whatsapp group for the admits?

Samreen9293

I don't see any WhatsApp group but there is a separate thread for admits here https://gmatclub.com/forum/degroote-201 ... 83521.html

MBA Chronicles | Interview Debriefs | Follow gmat_club on Instagram

Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2019, 09:36
Hi Everyone!

I am working on my application to the coop MBA program and was looking for a little clarification on some things. I have heard a few people mention on this forum that they applied to the coop program but were offered admission to full time instead. Is this because the coop program is already full? I recently graduated and have no work experience so if I were to apply to the coop program I don't see how I could be redirected to the full time since I have no work experience (besides summer jobs in my undergrad).

My GMAT score was 710 and my undergraduate GPA was about a 4.1 (on a 4.3 scale), so I think for me it will just come down to the interview, unless the program is full already, in which case I'm not sure what would happen.

I was also wondering how descriptive my response should be for the written aspect of my application. One of the questions asks me to list extracurriculars I have been involved in so should I simply list them in numerical form, or should I be writing descriptive paragraphs describing each experience and what I learned from them.

I was also wondering what the interview process is like for domestic applicants. I know there is the Kira online interview, but if this were to go well would I be invited for an in person interview, or a skype one, and if so how many interviews are there. I have seen mixed reports on this forum so it would be great to hear from someone who got in.

Thanks for your help, best of luck on applications!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2019, 15:23
fnwef23 wrote:
Hi Everyone!

I am working on my application to the coop MBA program and was looking for a little clarification on some things. I have heard a few people mention on this forum that they applied to the coop program but were offered admission to full time instead. Is this because the coop program is already full? I recently graduated and have no work experience so if I were to apply to the coop program I don't see how I could be redirected to the full time since I have no work experience (besides summer jobs in my undergrad).

My GMAT score was 710 and my undergraduate GPA was about a 4.1 (on a 4.3 scale), so I think for me it will just come down to the interview, unless the program is full already, in which case I'm not sure what would happen.

I was also wondering how descriptive my response should be for the written aspect of my application. One of the questions asks me to list extracurriculars I have been involved in so should I simply list them in numerical form, or should I be writing descriptive paragraphs describing each experience and what I learned from them.

I was also wondering what the interview process is like for domestic applicants. I know there is the Kira online interview, but if this were to go well would I be invited for an in person interview, or a skype one, and if so how many interviews are there. I have seen mixed reports on this forum so it would be great to hear from someone who got in.

No point of hesitation.
still have spots for international applicants cauz ppl rejected offers.
List the extra curriculum activities will be fine.
Interim between kira and Skype interview could be 1-3 weeks.
International applicants SHOULD have at least 1 yr WE and whether internship counts is case by case.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2019, 15:34
billytang wrote:
fnwef23 wrote:
Hi Everyone!

No point of hesitation.
still have spots for international applicants cauz ppl rejected offers.
List the extra curriculum activities will be fine.
Interim between kira and Skype interview could be 1-3 weeks.
International applicants SHOULD have at least 1 yr WE and whether internship counts is case by case.

Thank you! Just to clarify I am a domestic applicant
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2019, 22:51
Alright, it seems that the whatsapp group is not exactly up and running yet.

I will start the group chat for 2019 MBA admits, pm me your number and I'll add you. Cheers!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2019, 01:26
Hi! I have been admitted to the full time MBA program at DeGroote School of Business for the session beginning in Fall 2019. Is there any WhatsApp group or any other forum with the applicants who have been admitted?

Intern
Intern
B
Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2019, 02:18
[quote="SachinS29"]Hi! I have been admitted to the full time MBA program at DeGroote School of Business for the session beginning in Fall 2019. Is there any WhatsApp group or any other forum with the applicants who have been admitted?

Posted from my mobile device[/quote

Hello Sachin SachinS29 ,
Congrats !!
Can you please share your profile and when did you apply ,gave KIRA and when did you got the admit
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 620 Q37 V38

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 12:55
Got into the Co-Op program!

My Profile: GPA 3.83, GMAT 620, WE 2+ years (including internships), IELTS 8.5
Timeline: Application submitted around 22 Jan, KIRA interview request around 26 Jan, Did KIRA within 5 days, Interview 2nd week of Feb, Decision 1st week of March. They took 3 weeks after the interview to get back to me with a decision so if you don't hear back right away, don't be disheartened.

Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
Degroote MBA Kira Invite  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2019, 14:45
Hi everyone! I submitted by application to the MBA Co-op program on March 2nd. I was wondering how long it usually takes to hear back about the Kira video interview. Thanks for the help :)
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Degroote MBA Kira Invite  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2019, 20:16
ptlnikita wrote:
Hi everyone! I submitted by application to the MBA Co-op program on March 2nd. I was wondering how long it usually takes to hear back about the Kira video interview. Thanks for the help :)

Usually a couple of weeks, but during this time of the year, it might take more.

Intern
Intern
B
Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 07:38
Hello All,just received the admit for FT mba with 5k scholarship.Please inform whom to connect with to join the group.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GPA: 3.7
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2019, 14:17
Hi guys

I am admitted with scholarship also.
Btw my GMAT was only 570 so.. be confident my friends :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2019, 01:05
Hello, I just got admitted to Degroote's Full-time MBA program! Is there a WhatsApp group where I can connect with other admitted students?
Intern
Intern
Schools: DeGroote'21 (S)
WE: Other (Other)

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2019, 13:04
AliceTiger91 wrote:
Hi guys

I am admitted with scholarship also.
Btw my GMAT was only 570 so.. be confident my friends :)

congrats! full time or coop?
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2019, 17:37
FT, since I already have 72 WE

Intern
Intern
Schools: DeGroote'21 (S)
WE: Other (Other)

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2019, 11:46
Question for people who applied, do you have to submit official GMAT report and official transcript from your undergrad like how the application system listed or unofficial ones will suffice as per the email from admissions office?

How long does it take for them to update the application status? I have submitted my resume in my application form but the system still says initiated under resume.

Thanks

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2019, 11:50
Yes, you will need to send the official GMAT score report via MBA.com directly to McMaster. In terms of the transcipt, McMaster still accept the unofficial soft-copy version on the system. Only after you are admitted then You must have the institution send them the official transcript in a sealed envelope

thinkoutsidethebox wrote:
Question for people who applied, do you have to submit official GMAT report and official transcript from your undergrad like how the application system listed or unofficial ones will suffice as per the email from admissions office?

How long does it take for them to update the application status? I have submitted my resume in my application form but the system still says initiated under resume.

Thanks

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2019, 09:00
Hi Everyone!

Can domestic applicant please share their experiences with the in person interview for the co-op MBA program? I've heard a lot about the Kira interviews but am not quite sure what to expect for the in person interview. Thanks for any help!
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2019, 09:14
fnwef23 wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Can domestic applicant please share their experiences with the in person interview for the co-op MBA program? I've heard a lot about the Kira interviews but am not quite sure what to expect for the in person interview. Thanks for any help!

fnwef23

Did you check the following link?

https://gmatclub.com/forum/degroote-mcm ... brief.html

MBA Chronicles | Interview Debriefs | Follow gmat_club on Instagram

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2019, 09:28
Am I the only one here who got the admission without skype interview? I thought it was only the Kira Talent round...

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake   [#permalink] 21 Mar 2019, 09:28

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 122 posts ] 

Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap