GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Jan 2019, 16:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
303112345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
272829303112
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Dec 2018
Posts: 1
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2018, 08:56
I have a GMAT score of 720, have an average profile with 90%, 79%, and 65% in 10th, 12th, and Btech respectively. Which colleges should I apply to?
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 1931
Concentration: Nonprofit
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2018, 09:13
skriti wrote:
I have a GMAT score of 720, have an average profile with 90%, 79%, and 65% in 10th, 12th, and Btech respectively. Which colleges should I apply to?


skriti

Please make a detailed post in the following forum and the admission consultants should be able to help you.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/
_________________

New project wSTAT(which Schools To Apply To?)

GMATClub School Ambassador

Live Decision Tracker | Interview Debriefs

New - RC Butler - 2 RC's everyday

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Apr 2018
Posts: 13
Schools: Molson '21 (A)
WE: Other (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2019, 23:56
Hi everyone,
People who have opted for coop MBA from McMaster, can you give me some pointers! How does the coop work, do you get extra credits for the same or an additional letter of work experience within the company. Also, what if you actually apply and get a full-time job, then could that still be considered a co-op?
Maybe we can create a WhatsApp group to discuss doubts regarding the program..The website is really unclear about these questions..
Admitted
18 Dec, 2018
09 Jan 2019, 06:35
TargetMBA2018 GMAT: 610, Q48, V27; GPA: 3.5; WE: 60 months; India; via Email
Got admitted to coop. There is no option to select the program but full time, so had to mention FT there.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Status: Studying and studying
Joined: 28 May 2018
Posts: 36
Location: India
GPA: 2.7
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2019, 23:37
TargetMBA2018 wrote:
Got admitted to coop. There is no option to select the program but full time, so had to mention FT there.

Will be more than happy to help anyone. Best of luck!
Admitted on: 2018/12/18
GMAT: 610, Q48, V27
GPA: 3.5
WE: 60 months
Location: India
Heard back via: Email

Wow congrats dude.

Can you share your time line of the process?

Also, how many Skype interviews did you face?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 May 2018
Posts: 29
Location: India
GMAT 1: 610 Q48 V27
GPA: 3.5
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 06:21
Hey Delorad,

Thank you so much! :)

From submission to admit it was around one month. There were two Skype interviews in my case.

If you need any help about the process feel free to get in touch. Will be happy to help.

Best of luck!

Delorad wrote:
TargetMBA2018 wrote:
Got admitted to coop. There is no option to select the program but full time, so had to mention FT there.

Will be more than happy to help anyone. Best of luck!
Admitted on: 2018/12/18
GMAT: 610, Q48, V27
GPA: 3.5
WE: 60 months
Location: India
Heard back via: Email

Wow congrats dude.

Can you share your time line of the process?

Also, how many Skype interviews did you face?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Jul 2017
Posts: 24
Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GRE 1: Q160 V160
GPA: 3.83
WE: Business Development (Other)
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 05:50
Hey guys,

I am having the skype interview in a few days.

I read somewhere about 'activity' questions being asked. Is there any such thing?

Also, can the admits please be kind enough to share some examples of the questions asked?
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 1931
Concentration: Nonprofit
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 07:25
ColonelRed wrote:
Hey guys,

I am having the skype interview in a few days.

I read somewhere about 'activity' questions being asked. Is there any such thing?

Also, can the admits please be kind enough to share some examples of the questions asked?


ColonelRed

Check the following link for a recent interview experience.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/degroote-mcm ... brief.html

TargetMBA2018

I request you to add your interview experience in the above link.

Thanks.
_________________

New project wSTAT(which Schools To Apply To?)

GMATClub School Ambassador

Live Decision Tracker | Interview Debriefs

New - RC Butler - 2 RC's everyday

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Jan 2019
Posts: 1
Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 20:52
Wondering if there would be any procedure adjustment for COOP applicant

I applied for 2019Fall Mcmaster MBA coop program, however I got a 15 minutes Skype interview instead of the 30 minutes one, which some of the COOP applicants got . I wonder if I was transited to the full time program and got a interview of that program, or if it is just a regular difference according to different applicants. Is there anyone have useful info about this? TKS
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Apr 2018
Posts: 13
Schools: Molson '21 (A)
WE: Other (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 09:30
Hi
is there a whatsapp group for the admitted students? if not pls send me your numbers - i will create one.. thanks!!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 May 2018
Posts: 2
Schools: DeGroote'21 (S)
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 10:17
ColonelRed wrote:
Hey guys,

I am having the skype interview in a few days.

I read somewhere about 'activity' questions being asked. Is there any such thing?


For the 30 minutes interview on Skype I wasnt asked to do any activity. Just behavioural questions and situational questions. I felt that they are basically checking your communication skills.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Jul 2017
Posts: 24
Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GRE 1: Q160 V160
GPA: 3.83
WE: Business Development (Other)
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 21:58
Hey Guys.

The interview went extremely well. So well, that they got back with a positive decision in just 3 hours. Absolutely shocked!

Got the admit to the MBA Coop.

Please let me know if there is an whatsapp group for the admits.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Oct 2016
Posts: 25
Location: India
Schools: DeGroote'21 (A)
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 22:55
Check PM colonelred.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Status: Studying and studying
Joined: 28 May 2018
Posts: 36
Location: India
GPA: 2.7
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 23:02
ColonelRed wrote:
Hey Guys.

The interview went extremely well. So well, that they got back with a positive decision in just 3 hours. Absolutely shocked!

Got the admit to the MBA Coop.

Please let me know if there is an whatsapp group for the admits.

Cheers!

Congrats!

Was it a first Skype interview or second one?



Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Jul 2017
Posts: 24
Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GRE 1: Q160 V160
GPA: 3.83
WE: Business Development (Other)
Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2019, 00:59
Delorad wrote:
ColonelRed wrote:
Hey Guys.

The interview went extremely well. So well, that they got back with a positive decision in just 3 hours. Absolutely shocked!

Got the admit to the MBA Coop.

Please let me know if there is an whatsapp group for the admits.

Cheers!

Congrats!

Was it a first Skype interview or second one?




It was a Skype interview. Just the single one.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 May 2018
Posts: 29
Location: India
GMAT 1: 610 Q48 V27
GPA: 3.5
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2019, 03:22
Don't worry, nothing of this sorts would have happened. If they would have done, they would inform.

I too had two interviews and had similar feelings, but I guess, its just to make sure whether candidate is a good fit for FT or coop.

best of luck!

RobinDeluxe wrote:
Wondering if there would be any procedure adjustment for COOP applicant

I applied for 2019Fall Mcmaster MBA coop program, however I got a 15 minutes Skype interview instead of the 30 minutes one, which some of the COOP applicants got . I wonder if I was transited to the full time program and got a interview of that program, or if it is just a regular difference according to different applicants. Is there anyone have useful info about this? TKS
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Aug 2018
Posts: 3
Location: Viet Nam
Schools: DeGroote
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2019, 17:26
Does anyone know how long it is between the KIRA interview and the Skype interview? I did the KIRA interview about a week ago and haven't received the invitation for the Skype interview yet.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Aug 2017
Posts: 3
Location: India
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2019, 02:05
Hi,

I've applied to Mcmaster for fulltime MBA program and I recieved an email from them asking for the scanned copies of University grading scale . Since my degree was from PTU we didn't follow any grading system it was simple % i.e. Marks obtained/total *100.. Has anyone else faced it? How should a reply be sent to them?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Aug 2018
Posts: 3
Location: Viet Nam
Schools: DeGroote
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2019, 04:49
1
Samreen9293 wrote:
Hi,

I've applied to Mcmaster for fulltime MBA program and I recieved an email from them asking for the scanned copies of University grading scale . Since my degree was from PTU we didn't follow any grading system it was simple % i.e. Marks obtained/total *100.. Has anyone else faced it? How should a reply be sent to them?


I was the same as you. I just told them that my transcript is everything and my school doesn't give out to student any document or paper resembled a grading scale. Then they told me okay, the transcript that i sent is enough.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jul 2018
Posts: 4
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2019, 11:54
Hi,
I submitted my application on 30th dec and finished my KIRA interview on 7th January. My application status is pending. Can someone tell me how long does it take to hear back from the university. I applied for co-op program and with the passing days the delay is making me more and more nervous. Is there a chance that the delay is there because of a missing document or score card?
Is there anyone else who is waiting for the next interview?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake &nbs [#permalink] 19 Jan 2019, 11:54

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 81 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.