Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:16 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.22
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64926 [0]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1368 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Re: MOCK TEST SCORE v/s REAL EXAM [#permalink]
Expert Reply
minhas3 wrote:
I have done the following exams over the past month with varying results.

Manhattan Prep Exam #1 -- 600
Manhattan Prep Exam #2 --600
Veritas Prep Test#1 --630
Manhattan Prep Exam #3 --570
Manhattan Prep Exam #4-- 640
GMAT Prep Mock Test 1--710

My scores vary widely and I am confused as to which source of test scores could be the most useful indicator. My test is in two days. Hopefully I can get some insight before I write the exam.

Best,
Maninder

Hi Maninder,

usually GMAT Prep are the best indicators of your actual standing.
Hope you were able to achieve that score.

Let us know how did it go?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Rich, Karishma and Janielle

Thank you all so much for replying to my query. I just finished my exam an hour ago. Indeed, the GMAT prep score was the closest to my actual test score. I am pleasantly surprised and still in shock. First time taking the exam, I couldn't have imagined walking out with score of 740.

Also, I referred to the gmat club forum time to time to check up the discussions on the tougher questions. Needless to say, your guys replies were always there among the best ones alongside Bunuel. I would like to take this moment to thank you for doing what you do. Wish you guys all the best.

Best,
Maninder
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1368 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Expert Reply
minhas3 wrote:

Thank you all so much for replying to my query. I just finished my exam an hour ago. Indeed, the GMAT prep score was the closest to my actual test score. I am pleasantly surprised and still in shock. First time taking the exam, I couldn't have imagined walking out with score of 740.

Also, I referred to the gmat club forum time to time to check up the discussions on the tougher questions. Needless to say, your guys replies were always there among the best ones alongside Bunuel. I would like to take this moment to thank you for doing what you do. Wish you guys all the best.

Best,
Maninder

Congrats for the score Maninder. A 740 beats all your test scores. Stupendous work!
Now go ahead and apply to any B-School you want.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Maninder,

That's outstanding news about your Official GMAT score! With a 740, you have a score that is well above the 90th percentile overall, so you should apply to any Business Schools that interest you.

1) What were your Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores?
2) What Schools are you planning to apply to?
3) When are you planning to apply?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Tutor
Send PM
Expert Reply
minhas3 wrote:

Best,
Maninder

Brilliant! A positive frame of mind can do wonders!

If you will be applying for the Sept/Oct deadlines, you have plenty of time to work on your stories now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Thanks everyone. My scores were as follows:
Scaled Score Percentile
Verbal 40 91
Quant 49 78
Total 740 97

As for the schools, I am planning to apply sometime in September. I still haven't done the cost analysis of each program yet, but that will definitely be a consideration for me as I am Canadian Citizen and from what I've heard it costs quite a bit for international students to pursue a masters program at the good b-schools in the USA. Wharton, Harvard or Columbia were my tops picks but that still would be a dream come true.

Thanks,
Maninder
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hey guys.
I'm facing a quandary and would love some help. I've taken 5 Veritas CATs so far, 3 Manhattan CATs, 1 Kaplan, 1 Economist and 3 GMATPrep CATs (2 free downloadable versions and 1 Exam pack1). My scores have been extremely variable to say the least.

GMATPrep Test 1 and 2: 620, 640
Manhattan: 650, 600, 620
Kaplan: 610
Economist: 630
Veritas: 600, 620, 610, 610, 620
GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 Test 3: 730 (V 42 & Q 48)

I'd like to add that I took the first 2 GMATPrep tests in the very beginning and yesterday I took the 3rd in which I scored a 730. This was after an additional 2 months of preparation. Meanwhile I've religiously taken Veritas CATs and have been at a consistent Q 42-43 & V 32. I even took a Veritas the night before i got the 730 on the GMATPrep exam 3.

I have my GMAT in 5 days and I'm wondering whether this 730 on the GMATPrep software is an actual representation of the score I might score on the actual Gmat.

Could someone comment on why they think I saw such a huge jump on the last test whereas I was getting a consistent 620 on Veritas and suddenly on the GMATPrep I got a 730?

Love.
Tutor
Send PM
Expert Reply
undermier wrote:
Hey guys.
I'm facing a quandary and would love some help. I've taken 5 Veritas CATs so far, 3 Manhattan CATs, 1 Kaplan, 1 Economist and 3 GMATPrep CATs (2 free downloadable versions and 1 Exam pack1). My scores have been extremely variable to say the least.

GMATPrep Test 1 and 2: 620, 640
Manhattan: 650, 600, 620
Kaplan: 610
Economist: 630
Veritas: 600, 620, 610, 610, 620
GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 Test 3: 730 (V 42 & Q 48)

I'd like to add that I took the first 2 GMATPrep tests in the very beginning and yesterday I took the 3rd in which I scored a 730. This was after an additional 2 months of preparation. Meanwhile I've religiously taken Veritas CATs and have been at a consistent Q 42-43 & V 32. I even took a Veritas the night before i got the 730 on the GMATPrep exam 3.

I have my GMAT in 5 days and I'm wondering whether this 730 on the GMATPrep software is an actual representation of the score I might score on the actual Gmat.

Could someone comment on why they think I saw such a huge jump on the last test whereas I was getting a consistent 620 on Veritas and suddenly on the GMATPrep I got a 730?

Love.

My suggestion to you would be exactly the one I gave Maninder in this post above: exam-accuracy-211384.html#p1626187
Your situation is the same as was his and hopefully your result would be similar to his result too (a 740 on the actual GMAT).
GMAT Club Bot