Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:39 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [1]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: ISB Applicants - Get your questions answered - Team YourMBAStory [#permalink]
Hello All,

The irony is that this is mentioned as a " Free No Promotions post" with bullying of any other opinions. Isn't this by an admissions consulting firm and misusing the ISB Alum name, showing this as a free service. Also, why are the evaluations being done privately on a forum that is supposed helpful to the community?

Request moderators to move this to the right forum. I am an ISB admit myself and feel this is dishonest and coming from an ISB alum is not expected.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Re: ISB Applicants - Get your questions answered - Team YourMBAStory [#permalink]
Leonidus12 wrote:
Hello All,

The irony is that this is mentioned as a " Free No Promotions post" with bullying of any other opinions. Isn't this by an admissions consulting firm and misusing the ISB Alum name, showing this as a free service. Also, why are the evaluations being done privately on a forum that is supposed helpful to the community?

Request moderators to move this to the right forum. I am an ISB admit myself and feel this is dishonest and coming from an ISB alum is not expected.

To clear the confusion -

1. Some of the earlier posts were responded to by other firms while promoting their services, hence the disclaimer

2. The profile evaluation is completely free of charge

3. The relevant evaluations are already available in previous posts

Thanks for the feedback.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
coward4gmat wrote:
Hello,
This is such a great initiative, specially coming at the right time for someone like me. Here are the details of my profile:

1. GMAT Score : 710 - Q49, V38, I8 (wondering whether to retake, open for suggestions)
2. Work Experience : ~4 years (currently working as Product Manager in Fintech, previously worked in Marketing division)
3. Industry : Fintech, IT
4. Academics : X - 9.8 CGPA; XII - 96.6%; Graduation - 8.4/10 GPA; Co-authored two academic journals; Awarded Merit Certificate in Indian National Mathematics Olympiad (INMO)
5. Background : Chemical Engineering from IIT Delhi (2016 graduate)
6. Extra Curricular : Currently building a community of movie lovers (4000+ current audience base); Soon to publish a fictional novel; Organized, won, and participated in multiple quiz competitions.

If there are other suggestions, would love to hear them too.

Hi coward4gmat

Thanks for reaching out and good luck with your B school applications.

Highlights – Good GMAT Score (Suggest you should apply unless you have sufficient time for another retake), Work experience near average mark, Fintech experience could be useful to highlight since this is an emerging space, Impressive Academics + University

Focus Areas – How to stand out from over represented pool (IT + Engineering), Demonstrating the social aspects of your profile outside professional realm.

You've ticked lot of right boxes. Just don't lose the momentum on the other aspects as well (Essays, Interviews Prep, Resume) .

Wish you best of luck.

Could you please take a moment to fill this feedback (It’s anonymous if you wish so).

https://forms.gle/UowXg3YM4DprGK8YA

Thanks a ton.

Originally posted by MBAStoryOfficial on 07 Jul 2020, 15:45.
Last edited by MBAStoryOfficial on 09 Jul 2020, 17:11, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBAStoryOfficial wrote:
Leonidus12 wrote:
Hello All,

To clear the confusion -

1. Some of the earlier posts were responded to by other firms while promoting their services, hence the disclaimer

2. The profile evaluation is completely free of charge

3. The relevant evaluations are already available in previous posts

Thanks for the feedback.

Well if other firms are promoting their services, it is not something you are not doing. I do not think there is any need whatsoever of taking a higher moral pedestal. You have the address of your shop in your signature as well. If this is a non promotional thread then you should stop promoting yourself first. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jass06 wrote:
Hi, could you please review my profile -

1. GMAT Score - 710
2. Work Experience - 3Y till date - Certified Consultant in Human Capital Management (All projects with an international clientele, if it helps)
3. Industry - BIG4 (Human Capital Consulting)
4. Academics
10th - 88%
12th - 82%
Undergrad - 7.85 CGPA on an absolute scale (6th position in batch)
-> President of Department's technical club
-> Lead photography club in last year (Few awards in inter-college exhibitions)
-> Startup during college - posted some profit but we couldn't scale it (14-15 months)
-> All mathematics subjects were cleared with excellent grades(mostly top of class)

5. Background (Engineering / Commerce / Arts etc.)
-> BTech from an older NIT
-> Invested in NGO devoted to imparting education to underprivileged children of migrant workers

Query - GMAT was not given with full preparation and 740 looks realistic. Shall I give it another chance to cover academic scores?

jass06

Hi Jass, thanks for reaching out.

Simple Answer – probably worth applying unless you have sufficient time to retake which doesn’t impact your application timelines and you have adequate time for preparation.

Highlights - Decent GMAT Score, Work experience slightly below average, Decent Academics, Social and Extracurricular activities

Focus Areas- Standout in over represented pool (Engineering), Justifying your choice of GMAT retake if you get a lower score (though highest is considered usually), Startup and NGO experience

Above points make it seem worth applying, supported by your essays, strong interview prep and LORs.
Good Luck.

Originally posted by MBAStoryOfficial on 07 Jul 2020, 15:59.
Last edited by MBAStoryOfficial on 08 Jul 2020, 06:53, edited 1 time in total.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
MBAStoryOfficial

I still didn't understand why these profile evaluations need a different topic. I will merge this topic with the other profile evaluation topic if I don't hear from you. The main reason is that we don't want to have these profile evaluations all over the forum :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AbdulWasey1 wrote:
· Demographics (nationality, gender): India, Male

· Education: High School-90%, Itermediate:76%, Graduation in Engineering(Computer Science):63%

· GMAT: Scoring 710-720 (Currently) Targeting at the least a 740 before applying

· Work experience: 3.5 years of work experience as a Product Manager and Presales Consultant, dealing with clients from US/UK/Europe regions. Currently working in a startup and leading a team of 5 people. I have previously worked in HCL Technologies for 2 years. Job Gap of 6 Months due to Health issues

· Extracurricular activities: State level Cricket and Handball player, General Secretary and Head of Fashion society at my Undergrad University, Cofounder of an NGO working towards aiding underprivileged children in education

Please suggest what will be my chances of conversion with this profile at ISB? What are the aspects i can work upon to improve my chances.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey AbdulWasey1

Welcome to YMBAS family.

Highlights – Decent GMAT Score + Academics, Work Experience balanced, Extra curriculars

Focus Areas – Over represented pool (Engineering), Leadership opportunities demonstrated during limited professional experience, Motivation to switch to startup

It’s a decent profile with lot of diverse aspects. If you are confident of getting a higher score and have sufficient time to prepare for applications, essays, LORs. Go for it.

Good Luck.

YourMBAStory.com
+44 749 899 8490 (what s app)
https://calendly.com/yourmbastory/profile-discussion

Could you please take a moment to fill this feedback (It’s anonymous if you wish so).

Thanks a ton.

Originally posted by MBAStoryOfficial on 08 Jul 2020, 01:52.
Last edited by MBAStoryOfficial on 08 Jul 2020, 07:21, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
pavankb7 wrote:
Hi team,

Can you please review my profile below and share your thoughts.

1. GMAT score - Yet to give (scheduled for July 30). Scoring 680-690 in the mocks.
2. Work Exp - 4Y (2Y - IT consulting; 2Y - Software developer).
I resigned from my job recently, my last working day is July 15. I have an idea related to the services offered in commercial photography industry which I'm working on. Plan is to come up with the POC by the ISB interview time.
3. Academics -
B.Tech - ECE from NIT Durgapur. CGPA - 8.65
Intermediate - 95.30% (Andhra Pradesh board)
Tenth - 89.33% (Andhra Pradesh board)
4. Extra curriculars - not so active in the recent past. Received a couple of prizes in poster making competitions at the work place. Few awards during schooling in sports.
5. Hobbies - cooking, playing tennis, playing suicide chess

Post MBA - interested to set-up a company and continue with my idea mentioned above.
This is one reason to opt for MBA.

Thank you.

Posted from my mobile device

pavankb7

Hey Pavan,

Welcome to YMBAS family.

Highlights – Balanced work experience near average range, Academics

Focus Areas – GMAT Score, Decision to switch from FT job to entrepreneurship, Why MBA if you want to launch your own business, Over Represented pool (IT + Engineering)

Good luck with your POC  . Go smash that application.

Thanks a ton.

Originally posted by MBAStoryOfficial on 08 Jul 2020, 02:02.
Last edited by MBAStoryOfficial on 08 Jul 2020, 07:07, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
UdishaSingh wrote:
Hello,
I am planning to apply for batch commencing in 2021. Please evaluate my profile:

GMAT: Gave once in 2018 scored 660 | Planning to attempt again this year aiming 720+
Education: B.Tech, ECE, NIT Kurukshetra | CGPA 7.97
12th CBSE 94.8%
10th CBSE 10 GPA
Work Experience: Business Analyst (1 year 1 month as of today) | Worked with clients in Europe/Australia/US | Projects in Insurance & Utilities | Worked in multiple teams creating products and automating processes
Extra curriculars: Won Hackathons organised at work
Member of Alumni Association, NIT Kurukshetra
Was Vice-president of ECE Society | Organised multiple technical festivals and workshops
Participated in multiple MUNs | Won some competitions at college
Was Deputy Head Girl at School
Plan: My plan is to continue in the Analytics/Consulting sector.

Thanks in advance.

UdishaSingh

Hi UdishaSingh,

Welcome to YMBAS family and congratulations on your B school planning journey.

Highlights – Strong Academics, Strong Extra curricular (It would be good to learn more about your various experiences)

Focus Areas –Work experience is less than 24 months (Considered Early Entry Option?), How to stand out from an over represented pool (Engineering), GMAT Score

Since the work experience is on less side, it would be good to highlight some key opportunities you have got to perform during those 11 months. Also, you would have to prepare a good reason for why Analytics / Consulting ? as your post MBA objectives are super important.

Good luck with your GMAT preparation, it would be more suitable to have detailed discussion once you have retaken the exam. However, also factor in the time to prepare for application essays, interview prep as the window is short if you get invited.

All the best.

Thanks a ton.

Originally posted by MBAStoryOfficial on 08 Jul 2020, 05:04.
Last edited by MBAStoryOfficial on 08 Jul 2020, 06:55, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Kharevabs wrote:
1. GMAT - yet to give
2. Work ex. - 1 years as commercial excellence analyst at Novartis, 1.5 years as associate at ZS
3. 10th - 10 CGPA, 12th 89%, B.TECH - 8.9 CGPA
4. Participated in various national and international debates and mock UNs.
5. Presented paper on pulse revolution in India describing socio-economic strata at Miranda House delhi
6. Participated and got selected for Sony Corporate Photography contest 2020
7. Active participant of Toastmasters at my current firm
8. Organised various events at college level
9. Member of CSR initiatives at current firm

Kharevabs

Hi Kharevabs,

Highlights - Good Academics, Diverse set of extracurricular activities (would be good to highlight what your learnt during those experiences)

Focus Areas - Decent GMAT score which complements your academic record, How to make your profile stand out in an over represented pool (Engineering)

In addition, it would be helpful to focus on some of your professional opportunities (was there a time you stepped up / went beyond what 's required in your relatively early years).

All the best with your GMAT prep. It would be more suitable to have a discussion once you have the score.

Thanks a ton.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [2]
Given Kudos: 503
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GRE 1: Q162 V150
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Kudos
Target score - 700+
Working in one of top 10 fortune companies ( OIL INDUSTRY )
Graduated from SRM University - ( Is college a downside for my profile )
Undergrad- 8.3 grade point
10th - 9.6 grade point
12th-92 percent

Extra curricular - Technical Head in student college club
Design engineer in college car club which participated in SHELL ECO MARATHON
Did a design project in IIT

Did a semester abroad program in University of Wisconsin Madison- Was part of a social fun club called- Bridge ( won two awards at the end of the sem)
I went on a business trip to Australia for 2 months - part of my work ex
Have done many Continuous Improvement projects in my company.
Was part of fun events team in my company

I will be having work ex of 4 years by JULY 2021
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi avirajshukla

Thanks for reaching out. Team YMBAS is delighted to help you with your queries.

"GMAT score : 680 (49 Q, 34 V), will reappear soon for score improvement

Work experience: Investment banking analyst at Nomura, Mumbai (M&A, Nordic Coverage, 2+ years)

Industry: Investment banking, Finance

Academics: 8.5/10 CGPA in BA(H) Economics from St Stephen's College, Delhi (2018 batch)"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Highlights -

1.Decent Academics
2.Reputed Undergrad University
3.Niche industry experience in IB
4.Reputed Employer

Focus Areas -

1. GMAT score - You could give another retake but suggest you evaluate your mock test scores and how much time do you have left in order to prepare for you essays, interviews, LoRs as this could be time consuming.
2. Considering your limited work experience, are there any opportunities that you had for leadership initiatives, professional growth?
3. What's your post MBA objective?

Overall it seems a balanced profile, but would be good to know more about the above points. While there are success storied of admits with same GMAT score, the higher score the better. Good luck with your preparation.

Thanks a ton.

YourMBAStory.com
+44 749 899 8490
Manager
Manager
Send PM
manvig wrote:
Target score - 700+
Working in one of top 10 fortune companies ( OIL INDUSTRY )
Graduated from SRM University - ( Is college a downside for my profile )
Undergrad- 8.3 grade point
10th - 9.6 grade point
12th-92 percent

Extra curricular - Technical Head in student college club
Design engineer in college car club which participated in SHELL ECO MARATHON
Did a design project in IIT

Did a semester abroad program in University of Wisconsin Madison- Was part of a social fun club called- Bridge ( won two awards at the end of the sem)
I went on a business trip to Australia for 2 months - part of my work ex
Have done many Continuous Improvement projects in my company.
Was part of fun events team in my company

I will be having work ex of 4 years by JULY 2021

Hi manvig,

Our team is happy to help and good luck with your MBA planning.

Highlights - Strong Academics, Industry experience would be useful for classroom case studies, Interesting Extra curriculars, Work experience near average which is well balanced

Focus Areas - Standing out from an over represented applicant pool (engineering), However the college is not a downside since your experience and performance during university is more important. Also, your experience of working in a diverse environment in AUS would be interesting to know.

It would be more useful to discuss again once you've taken the GMAT. Go smash that exam. All the best.

Thanks a ton.
YourMBAStory.com
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
1. X - CBSE - 89%
2. XII - state board - 93%
3. BCOM - IGNOU - BCOM (A&F) - 69% - distance education
4. Chartered Accountant - 57%
5. US Certified Management Accountant - 75%

At present I have accounting and finance experience of 5 years in an automobile sector. I am handling compliance related works in my office.

1. Had 2 years experience in Audit & Assurance- During this period handled various assignments such as Lead a team of 10 members for Central Statutory Audit, Aeronautical companies, several statutory and taxation assignments.

3. Three years of experience in current company as Deputy Manager - Handling assignments such as GST compliance, Direct Taxation, and other statutory compliances. Responsible for closure of plant accounting and reporting.

Conducted Due diligence audit for acquisition of our UK foreign subsidiary and responsible for MIS of our foreign subsidiary.

Aiming for a score of 700 - 720 in GMAT.

Long term goal - Looking for CFO kind roles, Short Term - Corporate Finance., But okay with any kind of Finance roles except for Investment Banking.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi NARESHNAGAPPA,

Welcome to YMBAS team club and we are happy to help you.

Highlights - Decent Academics, Good mix of accounting and finance experience, Work Experience is near above average, Varied professional experience and leadership opportunities

Focus Areas - GMAT Score (Higher the better but 700+ should suffice), Juggling multiple commitments while pursuing CA, Why MBA, How MBA will help you fill in the CFO role, Rationale behind pursuing distance B.Com.

Due to the intense nature of programme, ISB doesn't have window for internship opportunities which might be the preferred model for some finance recruiters hence limited options for post MBA finance roles. However, since you have prior finance experience, the transition towards you short term post MBA goals should be smooth.

It would be more useful to discuss again once you've taken the GMAT(link in topic post). Go smash that exam. All the best.

Thanks a ton.
YourMBAStory.com

Originally posted by MBAStoryOfficial on 13 Jul 2020, 10:53.
Last edited by MBAStoryOfficial on 15 Jul 2020, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [1]
Given Kudos: 82
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
WE:Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Kindly evaluate my profile

Realistic target score based on my Mocks - (680-720)
Working with a British multinational bank as a Business analyst (Work ex as of June 2021 would be 4 years)
Graduated from VIT University, Vellore with B.Tech in ECE (CGPA - 8.38)
12th - 92.1%
10th - 86.1%

Published research paper in renowned Science journal (IEEE) on Mar 2018

Extracurriculars -

>Part of the executive committee (as Vice president membership) at Toastmasters club in my current organization
>Volunteered with a Human rights NGO for 2 years
>CSR Volunteer at my organization
>Manager/Organiser at my college cultural fest
>Volunteered with Child right activist NGO for 1 year

Certifications -
Have done several industry renowned certifications like Product management, Agile specialization, CSPO

Workplace achievements -

>Have travelled abroad (Singapore) for work for 2 weeks
>Particapted and won Hackathon in my organisation. Got appreciation from Organisation CIO
>Was topper among the new joiners batch post new recruits training
> Founder of an Informal speaking club in my current organisation portfolio
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Name : Shubham Gaur
GMAT: Yet to give (aiming for 700+)
Academics:
10th - 9.6 CGPA - Ryan Int. School
12th - 91.2% - Ryan Int. School
Btech Major - Information Technology: 88% - SRM UNIVERSITY Chennai

Professional Background:
1. 1 year of experience in Fin Tech industry at BlackRock as a Software Developer

2. Interned 4 months at Blackrock. Got ppo in 4 months, fastest ppo in the batch.

3. Internship with Satyam Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd worked on GUI interfaces.

4. Worked as VP Public Relations in a startup named Campskil, ed tech startup, aim to become one stop solution for skill development, for one year.

Extra Curricular Activities:
1. Organizing a non technical fest comprising of 12 events. Leading a team of 10 people. This fest is followed as legacy and organized every year now.

2. Was a part of taking care of sponsorship domain while organizing National Level SRM Hackathon.

3. Finalist top 5 of Global Entrepreneurship summit IIT KHARAGPUR 2018.

4. Played Skating at Zonal level in Ranchi

5. Volunteered for NGO called Initiating Fusion, having events such as old age home visit, clothes and blood donation etc.

6. Leadership Position: Non technical organized led a team of 6 people for one year in IT Association

Please evaluate my profile. I am thinking of applying in EEO for ISB.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
SairamRamo wrote:
Kindly evaluate my profile

Realistic target score based on my Mocks - (680-720)
Working with a British multinational bank as a Business analyst (Work ex as of June 2021 would be 4 years)
Graduated from VIT University, Vellore with B.Tech in ECE (CGPA - 8.38)
12th - 92.1%
10th - 86.1%

Published research paper in renowned Science journal (IEEE) on Mar 2018

Extracurriculars -

>Part of the executive committee (as Vice president membership) at Toastmasters club in my current organization
>Volunteered with a Human rights NGO for 2 years
>CSR Volunteer at my organization
>Manager/Organiser at my college cultural fest
>Volunteered with Child right activist NGO for 1 year

Certifications -
Have done several industry renowned certifications like Product management, Agile specialization, CSPO

Workplace achievements -

>Have travelled abroad (Singapore) for work for 2 weeks
>Particapted and won Hackathon in my organisation. Got appreciation from Organisation CIO
>Was topper among the new joiners batch post new recruits training
> Founder of an Informal speaking club in my current organisation portfolio

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi SairamRamo,

Welcome to YMBAS club and we are happy to answer your queries.

Highlights - Strong Academics, Diverse extra curricular experience, Work Experience is near above average

Focus Areas - GMAT Score (Higher the better but your target range should suffice), Why MBA and what are your post MBA objectives, Volunteering experience, Any initiatives / growth opportunities you received while working as a business analyst, Your research paper.

Overall this a good profile however your applicant pool is also likely to have higher GMAT and academic scores. It would be useful to put effort in how you make your profile stand out from an over represented applicant pool which should come out in your essays.

Also, we can discuss again once you've taken the GMAT. Go smash that exam.

All the best and reach out to us (link in signature), if you need any support with your application.

Thanks a ton.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts