GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Jan 2019, 21:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • The winning strategy for a high GRE score

January 17, 2019

January 17, 2019

08:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Learn the winning strategy for a high GRE score — what do people who reach a high score do differently? We're going to share insights, tips and strategies from data we've collected from over 50,000 students who used examPAL.
  • Round 3 vs Next Year: When Should You Apply?

January 16, 2019

January 16, 2019

10:00 AM PST

10:00 AM PST

Learn what distinguishes Round 3 from other rounds and how to assess your profile to decide when to apply to b-school in this live webinar! Wednesday, Jan 16th at 10AM PST / 1PM ET

Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
B
Schools: ISB '20, NUS '21
GMAT 1: 420 Q26 V13
GMAT 2: 540 Q44 V21
Re: Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2018, 21:20
Dear Sir bb

I love GMATClub as you know and I love to bookmark questions so that I can revisit them while travelling to work or so.

From the start, I have observed the desktop version is much faster than the android app version of GMATClub - It is painstakingly slow and at times frustrating - I have no idea is this a problem with only the android app version or the iOS one too.

I use an android and you can take my word - even with very fast wifi/ data services the app is very slow to respond.

Please press :thumbup: +1 Kudos to support
Keep your eyes on the prize: 750

Manager
Manager
G
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2018, 21:34
Reports aren't dealt with well.
I reported a thread yesterday so it could get merged. I received a response, but it didn't indicate if it was done. I don't particularly care about that one as I have done the question. But today I reported a post as it is a PS question without options. Multiple posts in the thread complain about no options. My report was closed in about 5 minutes.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/wavy-line-me ... 24320.html

Clearly the post is an advertisement, which is all good and well, but I (and seemingly others) want to use the timer and answer the question
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2018, 15:18
deddex wrote:
Dear Sir bb

I love GMATClub as you know and I love to bookmark questions so that I can revisit them while travelling to work or so.

From the start, I have observed the desktop version is much faster than the android app version of GMATClub - It is painstakingly slow and at times frustrating - I have no idea is this a problem with only the android app version or the iOS one too.

I use an android and you can take my word - even with very fast wifi/ data services the app is very slow to respond.

Thank you for bringing this up.
That is very odd because the mobile version is a lot simpler than the desktop one with much fewer images - it is mostly text. Can you try opening GMAT Club in your browser instead of the app?
Can I suggest that you clear your Chrome cache on your Android and try it again? It is not supposed to be slow - it is super fast on iPhone. Try clearing Chrome cache (not the app) and see if that helps.

Also, do you have any advertising blockers installed on your phone? Try disabling those and see if that helps - that may be part of the issue.

Thank you - do let me know if this is resolved or not.
BB.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here!
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2018, 16:43
philipssonicare wrote:
Reports aren't dealt with well.
I reported a thread yesterday so it could get merged. I received a response, but it didn't indicate if it was done. I don't particularly care about that one as I have done the question. But today I reported a post as it is a PS question without options. Multiple posts in the thread complain about no options. My report was closed in about 5 minutes.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/wavy-line-me ... 24320.html

Clearly the post is an advertisement, which is all good and well, but I (and seemingly others) want to use the timer and answer the question

Hi. Sorry you felt that way. Thank you for sharing - I definitely appreciate hearing a user's perspective. Very helpful.

One quick note - There is no way for the moderator to indicate anything when the report is closed. They close the report when they have handled it (all of the reports we have on the site are currently closed and addressed and usually it happens rather quickly but there are time zones, people sleep, travel, etc). You as a user, should get a message, telling you which moderator has closed your report and if you have a private question to them about what they have done, you are welcome to PM them and clarify.

The PS question you brought up on Wed https://gmatclub.com/forum/of-the-diplo ... 74722.html has been handled by Bunuel. It was merged and cleaned up. The question that does not have answer choices is a bit diff situation. It was posted as such in 2016 and I see it has not sopped several moderators from using it and learning from it, though I am not sure why it has not gotten answer choices. I am still looking into that one.

Best Regards,
BB

Founder of GMAT Club

Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Intern
Intern
B
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2018, 20:39
Hello BB,
Thanks for all the content that is already there on the club, but I really struggle to find a list of topics for Verbal & quant both serially arranged for new beginners.So, that it's easy for them to keep a check and follow sequentially. And I know there are plenty of Stidy-plans available, but I couldn't find one which has like topics you should cover in first month,then topics for second month and then the third for someone aiming for 3-month Plan.
Kindly Help.Thanks A ton

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2018, 22:21
Shrinidhi wrote:
Hello BB,
Thanks for all the content that is already there on the club, but I really struggle to find a list of topics for Verbal & quant both serially arranged for new beginners.So, that it's easy for them to keep a check and follow sequentially. And I know there are plenty of Stidy-plans available, but I couldn't find one which has like topics you should cover in first month,then topics for second month and then the third for someone aiming for 3-month Plan.
Kindly Help.Thanks A ton

Thanks for your suggestion. I think most plans rely on MGMAT books or a course and don't try to replicate them.
Are you studying on your own without any books/course? Any reason you are not using those as a guideline?

P.S. Have you seen the interactive daily plan?
https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-self-pr ... tml?f=menu

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2018, 01:20
BB,For now I am studying on my own and planning to finish the prep in 3 month's time.Si it would have been great if I can get A week-wise plan for topics to be covered for both quant & Verbal.
Thanks for your help.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2018, 12:11
Hello bb,

There is something wrong with "Last answer correct/incorrect" icon. I completed all questions of PS-500 level- Absolute Values/Modules section and I used timer for every question but "last answer correct/incorrect" icon doesn't get reflected for some one questions. What is the rule to show "Last answer correct/incorrect" icon.
Attachments

Screenshot 2018-12-30 at 3.05.57 PM.png
Screenshot 2018-12-30 at 3.05.57 PM.png [ 369.4 KiB | Viewed 144 times ]

Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2018, 22:07
Thank you for posting and Happy New Year.

I have checked and here is what I found out:
1. You did not complete ALL questions. 2 of the above you did not use a timer.
These 2: https://gmatclub.com/forum/if-x-0-which ... 21743.html
https://gmatclub.com/forum/which-of-the ... 30651.html

2. The third one, if x+|y| question, you actually took a timer shortly after posting this message.

Let me know if I am not correct. To check if you have timed a question, please visit the question and see if you see a regular timer or a timer that indicates you have attempted that question.

Thank you.
BB.

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 22:13
hi, I redeemed 75 points yesterday for target prep 10-day course and thought I will get access instantly so to study over the weekend, but it said it will get some time to proceed my request. I checked this morning, still no joy. I don't have time to wait, as my GMAT is next week and I wanted to brush up my strategy. I will most likely buy the access from their website. So what happened to my -75 points, waste??
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 23:28
nuraisma wrote:
hi, I redeemed 75 points yesterday for target prep 10-day course and thought I will get access instantly so to study over the weekend, but it said it will get some time to proceed my request. I checked this morning, still no joy. I don't have time to wait, as my GMAT is next week and I wanted to brush up my strategy. I will most likely buy the access from their website. So what happened to my -75 points, waste??

Dear Nuraisma, you were thinking to take a course a week before your GMAT?

You have asked the same question in the chat and I also gave you the answer there - you can check for processing times the FAQ section in the Rewards. I think I replied within just a few minutes :roll:
I will go ahead and process your reward out of line but you should consider lead times and planning ahead.

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2019, 01:15
Dear bb

I understand the sarcasm coupled with emoji (rolled eyes) of someone with score 750 toward someone who started to learn a week before GMAT :) ...I did indeed checked the links you sent to me through chat and I do appreciate your response, but seeing that there was no answer to my question - how long am I supposed to wait, I thought to direct it to in this topic, not that I am frustrated...My sincere apologies if I hurt your self-esteem by asking a question in dedicated thread, all I needed is to decide whether to wait to redeem my points or to go ahead with website instead...My appreciations for proceeding my request
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here! &nbs [#permalink] 11 Jan 2019, 01:15

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 32 posts ] 

Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: abhimahna

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap