GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Aug 2019, 15:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2019, 22:53
SajjadAhmad wrote:
Hello bb

i am unable to unfollow topics, i have tried again and again but it says that i am subscribed for the notifications and follow button also shows that i am following the topic. Kindly look into it.

Thank you!
Very odd - I see the same behavior.

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker
Senior RC Moderator
V
GPA: 3.39

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2019, 09:26
Sorry bb

Another issue detected, this is the result whenever i click on "My Posts" button. :(

Attachment:
My posts.jpg
My posts.jpg [ 149.38 KiB | Viewed 692 times ]

For all GMAT Flashcards => Click here
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2019, 09:32
Thank you for posting. Yes. We have an issue with My Posts search temporarily.

PS. On the positive note, we should have fixed the issue with the unsubscribe button. We have discovered that the unsubscribe command works but it’s actually the button that gets stuck and does not reflect the correct status of subscription to the topic.

An update should be released sometime today or Monday at the latest to fix the behavior of the button. Thank you for reporting it!

Posted from my mobile device

Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2019, 12:57
SajjadAhmad wrote:
Sorry bb

Another issue detected, this is the result whenever i click on "My Posts" button. :(

Attachment:
My posts.jpg

Hey bb,

I have been using this platform for quite a while now , and here is what i felt the need of .

First:
I guess a small video tutorial should be available on Gmat CLub as to how to use the site.
The video can be informative to new user's who haven't explored the site yet.

Like i would like to know how can we post images in replies Like SajjadAhmad has done in post above you.

Second:
Note Taking
You have a notes section for each questions.

But Lets say i want to take some general notes while i was browsing the site , so personalized Notebook where they can have all their notes for quick reference.
The bookmark option could be used for this but say users book mark a question and some article he will have to scroll through links.

Third:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php?view=search_tags : This link need to give better results

Say I need search page to show Arthematic Questions that are contained in Gmat Prep, Paper Tests, EP-1, Ep-2, Qp-1 ( Like filter Option)
Can the result be all the questions in each of the sub sections.
Currently what it does is it shows the results that contains all the Tags . So instead of getting all questions only those which have all the tags get displayed.

Here is what i mean
lets say i select the tags First PS Section then Arthematic and then check box tags Gmat Prep, Paper Tests, EP-1, Ep-2, Qp-1

The result should be all the questions within each section and not only the questions matching all the tags

Then Once the result page is displayed , on the result page we can have three more check boxes of Difficulty level.

or from the results page you could modify your search.

Currently we have to go completely back to the link to search anything new or open an new window

I guess by now you must have understood my frustrations with Gmatclub . But ya hurdles and frustrations often give rise to a better product

~You Just Can't beat the person who never gives up~ Babe Ruth
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2019, 13:32
Thank you so much for your suggestions Probus!
I think they underline a few weaknesses we have on the site (with educating new users about the feature and how to do things). I think it is time we finally do something.

1. To embed/attach messages into a post, you just have to attach them to your reply - here are more instructions here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-post- ... 94459.html

2. Notes - we have them but nobody uses them unfortunately: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ucp.php?i=notes&mode=note (they used to be more prominent but we have buried them since then - see if this is not what you thought/had in mind)

3. https://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php?view=search_tags is indeed limited. We have an update however, and you should use the next gen version of it - here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-questio ... 93604.html (this has gone out in a recent GMAT Club newsletter - do you get these?)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2019, 14:04
bb wrote:
Thank you so much for your suggestions Probus!
I think they underline a few weaknesses we have on the site (with educating new users about the feature and how to do things). I think it is time we finally do something.

1. To embed/attach messages into a post, you just have to attach them to your reply - here are more instructions here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-post- ... 94459.html

2. Notes - we have them but nobody uses them unfortunately: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ucp.php?i=notes&mode=note (they used to be more prominent but we have buried them since then - see if this is not what you thought/had in mind)

3. https://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php?view=search_tags is indeed limited. We have an update however, and you should use the next gen version of it - here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-questio ... 93604.html (this has gone out in a recent GMAT Club newsletter - do you get these?)

Thanks bb,
Oh yes especially for people like me had there been a video on How to use the platform I could have avoided questions 1 &2.
Nonetheless i did try searching on the site , it never bought me to the link that you have shared for 1 & 2.

Yes, a video on hot to use the platform would be much helpful.

@ Notes So just like we have tabs shown in image could we have something like My Notes . More upfront is the tab, more user's could use it. If it gets lost in Tags Like It currently is - a subsection of Bookmarks, its functionality is undermined.

In a Grocery Store if the item is displayed upfront people tend to at least view it or even try it out. If its stacked under some Items they never get to know about it ( they may be buying this item from other store thinking its unavailable here)

Is my argument convincing? :)

@3 Ohh Awwsome bb, functionality is rolled out last week . Applaud the commitment the The Team GmatClub. :thumbup: . I should have not missed on this update . Let me check on my end why and how did i miss on this

Thanks
Attachments

Image 1.png
Image 1.png [ 46.41 KiB | Viewed 671 times ]

~You Just Can't beat the person who never gives up~ Babe Ruth
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2019, 10:08
SajjadAhmad - we have fixed the My Posts (yesterday).

Thank you for posting it.
BB.

SajjadAhmad wrote:
Sorry bb

Attachment:
My posts.jpg

Senior RC Moderator
V
GPA: 3.39

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2019, 02:12
Thanks bb for update !

I have checked the button some new features are added, Well done.

may be it is not fully functional, it shows my 1000 post while i have 2700+ posts.

As my personal opinion, it is not as interesting by look as it was before.

Thanks for support.

bb wrote:
SajjadAhmad - we have fixed the My Posts (yesterday).

Thank you for posting it.
BB.

SajjadAhmad wrote:
Sorry bb

Attachment:
My posts.jpg

For all GMAT Flashcards => Click here
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2019, 06:16
Hello,

When registering, I specifically selected to not receive any emails from GMAT club. That was yesterday. Since then I’ve received 2 advertising emails. Kind of frustrating.

Founder
Founder
V
Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2019, 09:52
Mtausch wrote:
Hello,

When registering, I specifically selected to not receive any emails from GMAT club. That was yesterday. Since then I’ve received 2 advertising emails. Kind of frustrating.

Hm.... that's unusual. Sorry about that. I am happy to unsubscribe you from marketing emails.
We send out a weekly summary newsletter with best posts for the week. Are you OK to receive that?

P.S. I do not see you being subscribed or receiving any marketing emails. Are you sure those were from GMAT Club?
I see that one email was sent to you and that's it. I am not sure what email that was but it was not 2.

Duke & Cornell Moderator
S
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2019, 10:13
gmatclub verbal cats are very poorly designed;the balance is haywire and they include lots of controversial questions. I hope they get better.
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2019, 10:22
vinayakvaish wrote:
gmatclub verbal cats are very poorly designed;the balance is haywire and they include lots of controversial questions. I hope they get better.

I am not sure I fully understand what you are saying about balance being haywire. What is balance and what is haywire? I feel you put about 13 seconds into writing this and I am now spending 5 minutes trying to decipher it. I'd say I am frustrated :) I would also like to point out that you are not being being very convincing for the following reasons:
1. Your capitalization is absent
2. Your punctuation is not correct
3. Harder verbal questions can be controversial. I could say that a number of GMAT Prep questions (which none of them have explanations) are also considered controversial. We have had some funny examples of even the best of the experts getting stumped by the GMAT Prep questions (esp when users failed to disclose a source).

However, i can't convince you and I won't try so I would suggest you find a much more reliable source of Verbal Questions that meets your standards. You don't need to be frustrated :cool:

Duke & Cornell Moderator
S
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2019, 10:54
bb wrote:
vinayakvaish wrote:

I am not sure I fully understand what you are saying about balance being haywire. What is balance and what is haywire? I feel you put about 13 seconds into writing this and I am now spending 5 minutes trying to decipher it. I'd say I am frustrated :) I would also like to point out that you are not being being very convincing for the following reasons:
1. Your capitalization is absent
2. Your punctuation is not correct
3. Harder verbal questions can be controversial. I could say that a number of GMAT Prep questions (which none of them have explanations) are also considered controversial. We have had some funny examples of even the best of the experts getting stumped by the GMAT Prep questions (esp when users failed to disclose a source).

However, i can't convince you and I won't try so I would suggest you find a much more reliable source of Verbal Questions that meets your standards. You don't need to be frustrated :cool:

Hello, bb

Thank You for your reply. I am sorry for the consternation my post may have caused, perhaps you were looking for a fuller expression of dissatisfaction, with all the capitals and grammar. Please consider the following points:

1. Quant CATs, as marketed, are one of the finest products available. I and a lot of my friends agree that these are top-notch, however, when it comes to Verbal CATs, it is not just one isolated incident but dozens of questions that turn out controversial and you may choose not to accept but the quality is not at par. You can take a poll if you like.
2. When you invite criticism, be ready for it. Here's a question:

How did bb respond to Vinayak's criticism?

a) by addressing his concern
b) by questioning his authority on the subject
c) by attacking his lackadaisical approach
d) by pointing weaknesses about an unrelated topic
e) by indulging in an unnecessary rant

Its hard question, I hope it doesn't create controversy.

Have a good day!!
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2019, 04:08
Good reply! :-D Thanks for putting your time into it. It shows and it is a pleasure to get it.

If you have a specific question you are referring to, you can PM them to me or GMATNinja. After a hiatus and a break, he started replying to the questions in the GMAT Club Tests forum (Bunuel has been doing it all along for the quant questions). Criticism is good if it is specific. When it is too general, it is not actionable.

General GMAT Forum Moderator
V
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2019, 13:14
vinayakvaish - You are amusing! :)

Quality of practice test and difficulty level of questions are quite subjective. What is hard for you may be exceedingly easy for me. To be clear, GMAC spends a huge sum of money to create one single official question. Why do you think experimental questions appear on the test?

I, for one, know that nothing comes closer to GMAT Club Quant questions; if we consider the return on investment, GMAT Club Quant tests could supersede GMAT Prep resources. That said, I agree that the quality of GMAT Club Verbal questions could be improved. To say that Verbal practice tests are poor designed is extremely unfair on people who design those questions and who have benefited immensely from those tests, including me. I am no expert in Verbal but my GMAT Club Verbal sectional score was always in sync with that in GMAT Prep and real GMAT. To say the balance is haywire is even more unfair. Also, what do you mean by "controversial" questions? I presume you mean either the question quality is not good or the solutions provided are not justified. So, are those questions controversial? No.

All the best and happy learning!

vinayakvaish wrote:

New to GMAT Club or overwhelmed with so many resources? Follow the GMAT Club Study Plan!
Not happy with your GMAT score? Retaking GMAT Strategies!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
GPA: 3.87
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2019, 10:27
bb, I've just come across with this topic by accident, good initiative to improve GC, thank you
This is not a frustration rather suggestion:
the way 'personal messages' work seems not so convenient to me.
different messages from the same sender displayed as a separate message, not in one big log,
I mean it any other messengers (hangouts, whatsapp..) you have all the messages from one sender in one thread so you can easily find out, what you are looking for, making a search within the thread. I think this makes 'messages' in GC much more fun.
I know we can have private chat if we want to make conversation with someone, by 'messages' is still good old way to do so.
Hope I could express my idea clearly... :roll:

p.s. I haven't read whole 'frustrations' thread before posting this concern, even if this issue was discussed earlier, please ignore this post, or consider it as a reminder ;)

(no one is ideal, please correct if you see any mistakes or gaps in my explanation, it will be helpful for both of us, thank you)

Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2019, 12:26
Thanks for your suggestion. We do have a suggestions topic in the support forum for anyone else thinking of making a suggestion.

The PMs are organized in the way that the forum software was designed to deliver them and display in a chronological fashion without grouping ability. (Which frankly in grouping in gmail sometimes backfires for me).

We will look into this though we often end up prioritizing our limited dev resources for big items such as error log, mobile app, etc.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
GPA: 3.87
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2019, 12:29
bb wrote:
Thanks for your suggestion. We do have a suggestions topic in the support forum for anyone else thinking of making a suggestion.

The PMs are organized in the way that the forum software was designed to deliver them and display in a chronological fashion without grouping ability. (Which frankly in grouping in gmail sometimes backfires for me).

We will look into this though we often end up prioritizing our limited dev resources for big items such as error log, mobile app, etc.

mail grouping in gmail - drives me crazy :lol:
suggestions - in suggestion forum, noted :thumbup:

(no one is ideal, please correct if you see any mistakes or gaps in my explanation, it will be helpful for both of us, thank you)

Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2019, 18:21
My Frustration: I Cant Unsubscribe EMAIL Notifications for Topics While Retaining Website Notifications.

Details:
I went to the notification settings where there are options to enable / disable notifications of various types through email, website, app, etc.

It appears that the ability to DISABLE EMAIL ONLY is locked down for followed topics, forums etc. (see screenshot below)

Attachment:
firefox_2019-07-23_06-35-53.png
firefox_2019-07-23_06-35-53.png [ 70.5 KiB | Viewed 187 times ]

When I go to individual topics to follow unfollow them, I have to completely unfollow them. I cant continue receiving notifications on site and mobile.

I also tried to use the unsubscribe button on the emails that I receive. It did the same thing - unfollwed the topic completely - no emails + no website notifications.

I do not want my email to be bombarded with every comment on every topic, but I do want to continue to be able to view the notifications when I login to the website.

Am I missing something? Some setting that I overlooked? Any workaround? .... I could setup some rules and filters on my email client, But I would much rather not receive the emails at all.

Or is there any specific reason why the setting is locked down?

I cant say for sure, but my guess is that it would be easy to fix as the button already exists.

PS: I appreciate all the work that is done on GMAT Club. It has been very helpful in my GMAT prep. So thanks! :)
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2019, 23:13
Hi. Thanks for the post. This is how the forum works unfortunately. That's how the software was built by the original creators (not GMAT club's input).
I will be happy to look into what it will take to revise and modify the inner-workings. However, the original forum creators kind of handled it on a topic by topic and forum by forum basis... sorry.

But here is the good thing, you will only get 1 notifications about a reply in each topic. If you are not interested in that topic, as long as you don't visit that topic, you will not receive another notification. The same way with forums, but it is much easier to unsubscribe/unfollow forums.

Vinit1 wrote:
My Frustration: I Cant Unsubscribe EMAIL Notifications for Topics While Retaining Website Notifications.

Details:
I went to the notification settings where there are options to enable / disable notifications of various types through email, website, app, etc.

It appears that the ability to DISABLE EMAIL ONLY is locked down for followed topics, forums etc. (see screenshot below)

Attachment:
firefox_2019-07-23_06-35-53.png

When I go to individual topics to follow unfollow them, I have to completely unfollow them. I cant continue receiving notifications on site and mobile.

I also tried to use the unsubscribe button on the emails that I receive. It did the same thing - unfollwed the topic completely - no emails + no website notifications.

I do not want my email to be bombarded with every comment on every topic, but I do want to continue to be able to view the notifications when I login to the website.

Am I missing something? Some setting that I overlooked? Any workaround? .... I could setup some rules and filters on my email client, But I would much rather not receive the emails at all.

Or is there any specific reason why the setting is locked down?

I cant say for sure, but my guess is that it would be easy to fix as the button already exists.

PS: I appreciate all the work that is done on GMAT Club. It has been very helpful in my GMAT prep. So thanks! :)

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!   [#permalink] 10 Aug 2019, 23:13

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 62 posts ] 

Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: abhimahna