GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Sep 2019, 06:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 21:24
Thank you for taking your time to share about any frustrations you may experience with GMAT Club. I would love to learn more about them and see how we can help to improving the forum or our technology. I appreciate your help and time you invest into posting here and hope to be able to offer you help and equivalent amount of my time.

Thank you,
BB, Founder of GMAT Club.

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V33
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.2
Premium Member
Re: Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 21:28
Although the best forum to discuss anything GMAT,there is a frustration when it comes to showing the history of attempted question.The forum's sometime shows a green or red timer for previously attempted question,but not reliable as other times ,it does not show that timer.

If the post was useful,please send the kudos
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 21:32
Wow. This did not take long. I was hoping to last at least an hour without someone expressing their frustration.... wow.

Thank you! I really appreciate you posting. I would love to resolve this for you and everyone else. Would you mind PM'ing me next time you encounter an "unreliable" timer or a situation where you have taken the timer but somehow it is not showing it? If it is easier, you can email me any screenshots or attachments at support@gmatclub.com

Thank you!
BB.

Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker
Current Student
S
GMAT 1: 610 Q48 V25
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V32
GMAT 3: 710 Q50 V36

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 21:42
Hi bb

Great way to take some constructive criticism.
Kudos to you and your team. Here are my concerns:

The Algorithm for Gmat club tests can be improved.
It does present many tricky questions but some questions are way too easy.(500)
This give a test taker too much extra time to solve the 700 question.
This may have a negative impact on the test taken when she/he is attempting the actual exam.
The real exam has easy but tricky questions, which forces a student to solve them slowly and carefully.

Also, personally I feel there are a lot of topics that have not been covered on the gmat club tests.
Concepts such as 3d geometry are not very frequent on the gmat club tests but are very common on the real exam(when doing well on the exam)

Lastly, I know it is difficult to predict the distribution of tough question on the tests, but there is one definite pattern. The v.hard question USUALLY are concentrated towards the end of the test . But on the gmat club tests, there are a few tests in which I got very easy 500 questions towards the end. SO it was hence difficult for me to manage my time on those tests.

These are just my opinions. If I am wrong in some aspects, I will look forward to any and all response.

Regards
Nitesh
Director
Director
P
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GPA: 3.95
WE: Operations (Real Estate)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 22:01
bb first of all thanks for this great club...
I do not have any frustrations per se but I would be happy if you can make this arrangement..

I prepare my own tests... In that I select 12 CR questions 12 SC question ...but when I try the same for RC I cannot get those in the pdf format..I'm no coding expert so I don't know if that is possible...
What I do is I select all those CR abd SC questions and make make a pdf out of it ..the pdf option besides bookmark option allows me that...but there is no such thing for RC...

If you cld do the same for RC , I'll be very grateful...

Other than that ,this is one of the best prep club... Thankyou..

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 22:35
Thank you very much for the feedback! I will ask Bunuel to review the question concepts covered and to make sure we have enough of some question types.
If you can share with us (email or PM) your actual GMAT score such as Q50 so we can compare it to your GMAT Club tests results and the algorithm - that would be great! We have had to change the algorithm this spring when GMAT went from 37 to 31 Quant questions and are probably due to for a re-evaluation of it. Thank you!

Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 22:36
AdityaHongunti wrote:
bb first of all thanks for this great club...
I do not have any frustrations per se but I would be happy if you can make this arrangement..

I prepare my own tests... In that I select 12 CR questions 12 SC question ...but when I try the same for RC I cannot get those in the pdf format..I'm no coding expert so I don't know if that is possible...
What I do is I select all those CR abd SC questions and make make a pdf out of it ..the pdf option besides bookmark option allows me that...but there is no such thing for RC...

If you cld do the same for RC , I'll be very grateful...

Other than that ,this is one of the best prep club... Thankyou..

Thank you - I am not sure why we have not implemented it with RC's. I also think it would be a good idea to be able to add those to the PDF collection. This should be an easy fix.... I hope :fingers_crossed:

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: MBS '21
GPA: 3.24

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2018, 17:23
I don't think I have any frustration with GMAT club.

Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 590 Q48 V23
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2018, 18:50
Wouldn't call it frustration rather a functionality to improve upon. The search option within gmatclub isn't that great. It usually do a google search and then based on the google result the related thread has to be opened. Can the gmatclub search be made easier to showcase the post based on keywords (similar to whatsapp search)? I believe it will be beneficial to many in finding out info that is already present in the older posts easily and avoid repition of similar questions every year.

Sent from my Moto G Play using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2018, 19:18
VPGMAT wrote:
Wouldn't call it frustration rather a functionality to improve upon. The search option within gmatclub isn't that great. It usually do a google search and then based on the google result the related thread has to be opened. Can the gmatclub search be made easier to showcase the post based on keywords (similar to whatsapp search)? I believe it will be beneficial to many in finding out info that is already present in the older posts easily and avoid repition of similar questions every year.

Thank you for the suggestion!
Thank you for comparing us with WhasApp.... We are almost the same size... except older and more mature ;) Frankly, I will probably disappoint you and say that it may not be very realistic to compare GMAT Club that is a grass-roots online community with 1.8M posts to match the speed or functionality of a billion-user app that has not as many messages and has a backing of facebook :think: but we can research and look into paid versions of search (right now we used a free one). Looking at this example - https://swiftype.com/site-search/pricing would probably cost $1,000 per month. So maybe we go to another open source version such as https://lucene.apache.org/core/

I will definitely think and look into it. If you don't mind, I would appreciate hearing what you like about Whatsapp and what you specifically were referring to. Can you post it here or email me at support@gmatclub.com?

Thank you!

Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V33
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.2
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2018, 21:58
Although the RC subforum is great(just like other Quant and verbal subforums) :) ,I end up doing lot less RC from GMAT club.For a well discussed RC question,it gets difficult to find the answer to particular question.I am not sure how we could implement this ,but i think it will help greatly if we could view the discussion question wise .And the other thing about the question practiced on RC subforum is that it does not show up in error log stats.I see the error log but not the stats.

If the post was useful,please send the kudos
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 590 Q48 V23
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2018, 23:58
bb wrote:
VPGMAT wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion!
Thank you for comparing us with WhasApp.... We are almost the same size... except older and more mature ;) Frankly, I will probably disappoint you and say that it may not be very realistic to compare GMAT Club that is a grass-roots online community with 1.8M posts to match the speed or functionality of a billion-user app that has not as many messages and has a backing of facebook :think: but we can research and look into paid versions of search (right now we used a free one). Looking at this example - https://swiftype.com/site-search/pricing would probably cost $1,000 per month. So maybe we go to another open source version such as https://lucene.apache.org/core/

I will definitely think and look into it. If you don't mind, I would appreciate hearing what you like about Whatsapp and what you specifically were referring to. Can you post it here or email me at support@gmatclub.com?

Thank you!
Sure bb. Will send out the email with some example to the mentioned email address.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 610 Q45 V29
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2018, 07:46
bb wrote:
Thank you for taking your time to share about any frustrations you may experience with GMAT Club. I would love to learn more about them and see how we can help to improving the forum or our technology. I appreciate your help and time you invest into posting here and hope to be able to offer you help and equivalent amount of my time.

Thank you,

Hi,

I don't get gmatclub timer points or chat room points anymore but earlier I used to get them.

Please tell why is it happening?

P.S.: Thank you for this website.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2018, 09:45
styleashish20 wrote:

Hi,

I don't get gmatclub timer points or chat room points anymore but earlier I used to get them.

Please tell why is it happening?

P.S.: Thank you for this website.

styleashish20

From https://gmatclub.com/forum/introducing- ... 31235.html

The moderator group has reviewed Rewards-related activity for the first 3 months of the year and has observed a number of unintended outcomes. As the result, in order to cut down on the number of useless posts observed in forums that started after rewards system introduction, a new requirement has been suggested by a moderator group.

The requirement was put in place today. From now on, users to have a minimum number of Kudos in order to progress through the levels in the GMAT Club Rewards and continue earning points. What this means is that members will not be able to reach a particular level, for example, Gold level without having at least 50 Kudos. If you are in this situation, your point earning will suspend until you are able to earn the sufficient number of kudos. If you are wondering how to improve your Kudos situation, consider posting helpful posts that go beyond chit-chat or simple question replies. Think about what you would give Kudos for and it won't take long until your efforts are rewarded.

The following Kudos requirements have been set in place:

1 Bronze 0 kudos
2 Silver 25 kudos
3 Gold 50 kudos
4 Platinum 100 kudos
5 Diamond 200 kudos

G
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 550 Q44 V23
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2018, 10:41
bb wrote:

Thank you,

Hi BB,

There is not such frustration. I actually love GMAT club. There is a feedback that I want to share.

If the site could get a dark mode option, It will be very good for my eyes since I study at night. :-D :-D :-D
V

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 21 Dec 2018, 10:57
tapasgupta wrote:
bb wrote:

Thank you,

Hi BB,

There is not such frustration. I actually love GMAT club. There is a feedback that I want to share.

If the site could get a dark mode option, It will be very good for my eyes since I study at night. :-D :-D :-D

Thank you so much for the suggestion! I have not thought of this one! :shocked but makes sense.
Have you considered using Chrome Dark Mode Extension?

P.S. I would highly recommend to make sure you study during your most productive time. Hanging out on GMAT Club can be done at any time but if you are studying after a day of work and a social dinner, my concern is that your mind is very tired by that time. Mine was so I was studying first thing in the morning (go to bed early and wake up early). Would recommend that you give your BEST time to the MOST important activity that you have.

Originally posted by bb on 21 Dec 2018, 10:55.
Last edited by bb on 21 Dec 2018, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.
Added PS
Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 550 Q44 V23
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2018, 11:03
bb wrote:
tapasgupta wrote:
bb wrote:

Thank you,

Hi BB,

Thank you so much for the suggestion! I have not thought of this one! :shocked but makes sense.

P.S. I would highly recommend to make sure you study during your most productive time. Hanging out on GMAT Club can be done at any time but if you are studying after a day of work and a social dinner, my concern is that your mind is very tired by that time. Mine was so I was studying first thing in the morning (go to bed early and wake up early). Would recommend that you give your BEST time to the MOST important activity that you have.

Thank You BB for the suggestion.

And thank You for the extension. My eyes feels good now :) :)

Will take your suggestion into consideration.

Thanks..
V
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2018, 11:57
bb wrote:
tapasgupta wrote:
bb wrote:

Thank you,

Hi BB,

bb sir. Chrome part is fine. It would be even better if GMAT Club app had dark theme. ;)

V

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2018, 12:06
Afc0892 wrote:
bb sir. Chrome part is fine. It would be even better if GMAT Club app had dark theme. ;)

Thank you for the suggestion as well! I am an iPhone user and there is a "night shift" in iPhone that you can enable for the entire phone experience. Is that not available on Android?

I googled and found something similar:
https://www.howtogeek.com/270552/how-to ... eyestrain/
https://www.androidpit.com/night-mode-b ... er-android

It seems close though not exactly what you asked for (creating a separate design layout for GMAT Club with dark background) but does it yield the same result? I don't use night mode/night shift for any of my apps so I am not sure how useful that all is. Thanks!

NUS School Moderator
V
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2018, 12:11
bb wrote:
Afc0892 wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion as well! I am an iPhone user and there is a "night shift" in iPhone that you can enable for the entire phone experience. Is that not available on Android?

I googled and found something similar:
https://www.howtogeek.com/270552/how-to ... eyestrain/
https://www.androidpit.com/night-mode-b ... er-android

It seems close though not exactly what you asked for (creating a separate design layout for GMAT Club with dark background) but does it yield the same result? I don't use night mode/night shift for any of my apps so I am not sure how useful that all is. Thanks!

bb sir. Android has night mode, but only if the OS version is above 7.0.
Re: Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!   [#permalink] 21 Dec 2018, 12:11

Go to page    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 62 posts ] 

Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: abhimahna