GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 20 Jan 2020, 05:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jan 2018
Posts: 21
Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2019, 23:36
1
Hey bb

The filter options, new feature introduced that no longer exists, to select the difficulty level, source of the question, etc. in the forum were very helpful while attempting personalized set of questions.

Unfortunately, that feature doesn't exist anymore.Are there any plans to get that feature back or I shouldn't be hopeful?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 09 May 2017
Posts: 226
Location: Iran (Islamic Republic of)
GMAT 1: 430 Q39 V12
Re: Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2019, 02:05
Setback wrote:
Hey bb

The filter options, new feature introduced that no longer exists, to select the difficulty level, source of the question, etc. in the forum were very helpful while attempting personalized set of questions.

Unfortunately, that feature doesn't exist anymore.Are there any plans to get that feature back or I shouldn't be hopeful?

I ASK this question before .....but I do not know who remove it ....maybe my mistake ! ......
I do not know why GMATCLUB has a few problem in these days ( near to my exam :cry: )
_________________
Manager
Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 06 Jun 2019
Posts: 160
Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2019, 02:58
1
Dear bb,

I have an idea that may be useful for many forum users. Sometimes I see really good questions given by users to experts that haven’t been answered yet. The answer to those questions may interest many other users and can be of real use. The truth is sometimes we forget about those questions before they get answered. The only way to stay notified is to post in that thread, but this may increase the number of identical questions and thereby litter the thread. Moreover, most users, including me, may find it unethical and rude to bump the question again and again before an expert finds time to tackle that question.

Therefore, it would be great to have a button in every post that notifies the user whenever that post gets answered.
That button can be located at the bottom of every post, in the same row with ‘quote’ and ‘report a problem’ buttons.
It can be named as ‘notify me’ or ‘stay notified’ or ‘notify me when this post gets answered’ or whatever intuitive.
That's just my sugestions.

Many thanks for your consideration.
_________________
Bruce Lee: “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”
GMAC: “I fear not the aspirant who has practiced 10,000 questions, but I fear the aspirant who has learnt the most out of every single question.” :lol:
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Nov 2019
Posts: 1
Location: United States
Schools: UVA Darden
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2019, 15:02
The ability to combine performance on questions in my error log and my test center seems to be frustrating. It would be great to have a single consolidated view of performance, etc.

I have searched pretty extensively about solutions to this problem and could not find anything on it. If I missed anything, please let me know.
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 18871
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2019, 15:18
Thank you for your recommendation. It has not been brought up (or at least I have not seen it before). It is a clever idea!


convexporcelain wrote:
The ability to combine performance on questions in my error log and my test center seems to be frustrating. It would be great to have a single consolidated view of performance, etc.

I have searched pretty extensively about solutions to this problem and could not find anything on it. If I missed anything, please let me know.


Posted from my mobile device
_________________
Director
Director
User avatar
V
Joined: 28 Jul 2016
Posts: 770
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Human Resources
GPA: 3.97
WE: Project Management (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2019, 20:54
1
The link to any SC/ DS(all pages) forum page initially showed the timer icon (red/green) if one has attempted the question.
The new user interface for these forum pages doesnt show the icon ( https://gmatclub.com/forum/sentence-cor ... 8/?fl=menu )

Pages in old format still shows.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php?s ... d=newposts
The timer was a great way to know what all were previously attempted.
bb can we have that feature back in new pages as well
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 18871
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2019, 21:03
Thanks. We will have it fixed.



globaldesi wrote:
The link to any SC/ DS(all pages) forum page initially showed the timer icon (red/green) if one has attempted the question.
The new user interface for these forum pages doesnt show the icon ( https://gmatclub.com/forum/sentence-cor ... 8/?fl=menu )

Pages in old format still shows.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php?s ... d=newposts
The timer was a great way to know what all were previously attempted.
bb can we have that feature back in new pages as well

_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Nov 2019
Posts: 26
Re: Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2019, 05:21
I have seen this bug many times with Daily practice question under My Error Log . Even after attempting all the 4 questions in Veral , it doesn't update. Quant on the other hand is fine and gets updated almost immediately.

http://prntscr.com/qge946

http://prntscr.com/qge9rk
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Nov 2019
Posts: 26
Re: Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2019, 05:22
1
I have seen this bug many times with Daily practice questions under My Error Log. Even after attempting all the 4 questions in Verbal , it doesn't update. Quant, on the other hand, is fine and gets updated almost immediately.

http://prntscr.com/qge946

http://prntscr.com/qge9rk
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 18871
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2019, 11:17
1
jbatra wrote:
I have seen this bug many times with Daily practice questions under My Error Log. Even after attempting all the 4 questions in Verbal , it doesn't update. Quant, on the other hand, is fine and gets updated almost immediately.

http://prntscr.com/qge946

http://prntscr.com/qge9rk


Thanks so much for posting the screenshots. I have asked out Tech team to fix it ASAP.
_________________
VP
VP
User avatar
V
Joined: 23 Feb 2015
Posts: 1452
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2019, 11:38
1
JonShukhrat wrote:
Dear bb,

I have an idea that may be useful for many forum users. Sometimes I see really good questions given by users to experts that haven’t been answered yet. The answer to those questions may interest many other users and can be of real use. The truth is sometimes we forget about those questions before they get answered. The only way to stay notified is to post in that thread, but this may increase the number of identical questions and thereby litter the thread. Moreover, most users, including me, may find it unethical and rude to bump the question again and again before an expert finds time to tackle that question.

Therefore, it would be great to have a button in every post that notifies the user whenever that post gets answered.
That button can be located at the bottom of every post, in the same row with ‘quote’ and ‘report a problem’ buttons.
It can be named as ‘notify me’ or ‘stay notified’ or ‘notify me when this post gets answered’ or whatever intuitive.

That's just my sugestions.

Many thanks for your consideration.

Yes, it will be good for so many test takers'. Another important things that need to be considered-every post MUST carry a ''main topic/original post'' button closed to ''bookmark this post'' button, because we lost our-self from what's going on main topic/original when we read so many pages of any specific topic.
_________________
“The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained in sudden flight but, they while their companions slept, they were toiling upwards in the night.”
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

SEARCH FOR ALL TAGS
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Nov 2019
Posts: 26
Re: Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2019, 23:39
Ok , so this is really frustrating. Hide/Show statistics for questions and timer takes too long to respond and makes you wonder if you actually clicked on ide/show stats thus compelling me to click again and again.

I can vouch that there are no issues with the internet speed or computer system.
Director
Director
User avatar
V
Joined: 28 Jul 2016
Posts: 770
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Human Resources
GPA: 3.97
WE: Project Management (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2019, 23:58
bb wrote:
Thanks. We will have it fixed.



globaldesi wrote:
The link to any SC/ DS(all pages) forum page initially showed the timer icon (red/green) if one has attempted the question.
The new user interface for these forum pages doesnt show the icon ( https://gmatclub.com/forum/sentence-cor ... 8/?fl=menu )

Pages in old format still shows.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php?s ... d=newposts
The timer was a great way to know what all were previously attempted.
bb can we have that feature back in new pages as well


Thank you bb for fixing it. I can see all previous attempts now.
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 18871
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2019, 23:44
1
Great! Thank you for confirming globaldesi!

P.S. Good to see you back after a hiatus.
_________________
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 24 Jul 2019
Posts: 165
Location: Austria
GPA: 3.9
CAT Tests
Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2019, 01:11
bb

I have a question regarding the gmatclubtests. First off, I love the interface and the questions - very well done!
One drawback I realised though is with the analytics of (previous) wrong questions. Usually I review wrong questions on the next day and more often then not I can recall how to solve them on the next day. I would still like to revisit the 'initital wrong' questions in a fixed rhytm after that (spaced out) - say first review the day after, 3 days after, 7 days after...

When I get questions wrong I am able to look them up under wrong questions, I redo them but after that they are basically 'gone' and I don't can distinguish them anymore from the right question.

What I have done now is to make a set for each wrong question manually. Maybe I am just doing something wrong but is it really not possible to review wrong questions even after I got them right for the 2nd/3rd/nth time?

Thank you very much
_________________
Let's get some
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 18871
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2019, 01:48
Hi chrtpmdr. I am not at the computer at the moment to test it but you can bookmark/star any questions you wish (e.g. one you guessed right or accidentally got right and then build a quiz out of them or review them. Does that help?

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
Director
Director
User avatar
P
Joined: 07 Mar 2019
Posts: 576
Location: India
GMAT 1: 580 Q43 V27
WE: Sales (Energy and Utilities)
CAT Tests
Re: Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2020, 00:01
bb

I have a question. When I search for specific type/level/source i get a list of questions.

Recently, I was doing official SC-500 level questions except GMAT Prep and GMAT Paper tests. However, search results were throwing questions including both the above tags.

I understand that it's because of tags given to questions, but is it possible to search questions with tags only which i have tick marked? For example - I search for tags OG2015, Official guide, OG2020, Verbal reviews 2016 and others except GMAT Prep and GMAT Paper tests. So it should not show questions with GMAT Prep and GMAT Paper tests tags even if they have tags such as OG2015, Official guide, OG2020, Verbal reviews 2016.

Is it possible??
_________________
Ephemeral Epiphany..!

GMATPREP1 590(Q48,V23) March 6, 2019
GMATPREP2 610(Q44,V29) June 10, 2019
GMATPREPSoft1 680(Q48,V35) June 26, 2019
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 18871
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2020, 00:15
Hi. Yes, you can use the strict search - go here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php
And use the strict tags search (all tags must be present)



lnm87 wrote:
bb

I have a question. When I search for specific type/level/source i get a list of questions.

Recently, I was doing official SC-500 level questions except GMAT Prep and GMAT Paper tests. However, search results were throwing questions including both the above tags.

I understand that it's because of tags given to questions, but is it possible to search questions with tags only which i have tick marked? For example - I search for tags OG2015, Official guide, OG2020, Verbal reviews 2016 and others except GMAT Prep and GMAT Paper tests. So it should not show questions with GMAT Prep and GMAT Paper tests tags even if they have tags such as OG2015, Official guide, OG2020, Verbal reviews 2016.

Is it possible??

_________________
Director
Director
User avatar
P
Joined: 07 Mar 2019
Posts: 576
Location: India
GMAT 1: 580 Q43 V27
WE: Sales (Energy and Utilities)
CAT Tests
Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2020, 00:35
So here's what i did. Refer screenshots.
Attachment:
GC Tag Search.PNG
GC Tag Search.PNG [ 332.86 KiB | Viewed 94 times ]

Attachment:
GC Tag Search 1.PNG
GC Tag Search 1.PNG [ 378.05 KiB | Viewed 94 times ]

I selected the tags shown in the screenshot. The results included questions having tags such as GMAT prep or Official Guide though these were not there initially. And i used the strict tags search (all tags must be present).
Sorry if i sound bit nagging here.
bb wrote:
Hi. Yes, you can use the strict search - go here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php
And use the strict tags search (all tags must be present)



lnm87 wrote:
bb

I have a question. When I search for specific type/level/source i get a list of questions.

Recently, I was doing official SC-500 level questions except GMAT Prep and GMAT Paper tests. However, search results were throwing questions including both the above tags.

I understand that it's because of tags given to questions, but is it possible to search questions with tags only which i have tick marked? For example - I search for tags OG2015, Official guide, OG2020, Verbal reviews 2016 and others except GMAT Prep and GMAT Paper tests. So it should not show questions with GMAT Prep and GMAT Paper tests tags even if they have tags such as OG2015, Official guide, OG2020, Verbal reviews 2016.

Is it possible??

_________________
Ephemeral Epiphany..!

GMATPREP1 590(Q48,V23) March 6, 2019
GMATPREP2 610(Q44,V29) June 10, 2019
GMATPREPSoft1 680(Q48,V35) June 26, 2019
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 18871
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2020, 01:46
I see. I think you are searching for what the system was not built for

1. All tags must be present means that all tags must be present. Other tags may be present too. It does not mean ONLY those tags. The search looks for at least all those tags.
2. There are no "exclude tags" so you can't exclude certain tags such as GMAT Prep
_________________
GMAT Club Bot
Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!   [#permalink] 02 Jan 2020, 01:46

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 84 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Frustrated with GMAT Club? Post Your Frustrations Here!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: abhimahna






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne