Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:22 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests H [#permalink]
Vijay,
I'm not an MBA application consultant, but I've been through the process over the past few years, so I picked up a thing or two.
Your professional experience is elite enough, perhaps toward the top end of the spectrum. Congrats on that. Present the best form of yourself via the resume, long and short term goals and especially through the recommendations and you'll nail that part of it.
670 is not bad for Fuqua... Keep in mind that Fuqua goes well beyond the GMAT hype. They really want to know the true you. Take the opportunity to bring that out in the 25 random things. You are more than a 670 or 730. It may be competitive for Indian applicants, but at the end of the day, you are who you are. If you're passionate, goal oriented, personable, confident, smart and sharp (and all those I mentioned are the difficult ones to nail, you either have it or you don't) with a decent GMAT score, Anywhere from schools ranked 3-20 will be lucky to have you. I can't comment on the top 2-3, that's another psychology.... That said,though, take a another dabble in the GMAT, but not at the expense of developing your story, formulating your goals and thinking deeply about this next step in your life.
Good luck!

Posted from my mobile device

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Fuqua Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests H [#permalink]
Wan915 wrote:
Vijay,
I'm not an MBA application consultant, but I've been through the process over the past few years, so I picked up a thing or two.
Your professional experience is elite enough, perhaps toward the top end of the spectrum. Congrats on that. Present the best form of yourself via the resume, long and short term goals and especially through the recommendations and you'll nail that part of it.
670 is not bad for Fuqua... Keep in mind that Fuqua goes well beyond the GMAT hype. They really want to know the true you. Take the opportunity to bring that out in the 25 random things. You are more than a 670 or 730. It may be competitive for Indian applicants, but at the end of the day, you are who you are. If you're passionate, goal oriented, personable, confident, smart and sharp (and all those I mentioned are the difficult ones to nail, you either have it or you don't) with a decent GMAT score, Anywhere from schools ranked 3-20 will be lucky to have you. I can't comment on the top 2-3, that's another psychology.... That said,though, take a another dabble in the GMAT, but not at the expense of developing your story, formulating your goals and thinking deeply about this next step in your life.
Good luck!

Hi Wan915 thank you very much for your feedback on my profile, I really Appreciate it. I'm writing my test on June 27, I guess I'll have just enough to write my app for early admit round.

The reason for gmat is that I don't want to leave any loophole in my application from a wholistic point of vew.

Best,
VDC

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I would really love to attend Duke, but I'm wondering if I can build a competitive application with my GMAT Score, 710 (44Q/42V). I've taken the GMAT 3 times, and I always score 42 or 44 on both sections, so my highest in both would be 44Q and 44V (not together). I can score around 46Q on some practice tests, but I'm not sure I could improve my quant without a tutor.

I've included some various stats that might help below. Could anyone speak to my competitiveness as a candidate? My goal is to career advance within consulting, specifically in Strategy & Analytics.

I have a CPA license (inactive), and have 5 years of work experience in various functions of the Big 4:

KPMG: Risk Analytics (tracing data points for large banks), 2 yrs
Deloitte: Internal Corporate Development (creating business cases and facilitating internal Deloitte M&A activity), 2 yrs
Deloitte: S&O, M&A Consulting (operational due diligence, merger integration), 1yr
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 2: 700 Q46 V40
GMAT 3: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.53
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
eyerushh wrote:
I would really love to attend Duke, but I'm wondering if I can build a competitive application with my GMAT Score, 710 (44Q/42V). I've taken the GMAT 3 times, and I always score 42 or 44 on both sections, so my highest in both would be 44Q and 44V (not together). I can score around 46Q on some practice tests, but I'm not sure I could improve my quant without a tutor.

I've included some various stats that might help below. Could anyone speak to my competitiveness as a candidate? My goal is to career advance within consulting, specifically in Strategy & Analytics.

I have a CPA license (inactive), and have 5 years of work experience in various functions of the Big 4:

KPMG: Risk Analytics (tracing data points for large banks), 2 yrs
Deloitte: Internal Corporate Development (creating business cases and facilitating internal Deloitte M&A activity), 2 yrs
Deloitte: S&O, M&A Consulting (operational due diligence, merger integration), 1yr

I'm definitely not qualified to evaluate your profile but we have some similarities so I thought I would chime in. I've taken the GMAT several times and my highest was a 700 (46Q 40V) but my combined highest would be a 49Q and 40V so like you I was unable to get my highest Quant and Verbal on the same exam and I wasn't sure it would be competitive. I also have my CPA license and public accounting experience (tax side).

Even with my lacking GMAT I was invited to interview R1 at Fuqua. Now you didn't list your undergrad school/gpa, any extra circulars/volunteer work, or leadership experience so I think it would be hard for anyone to fully evaluate your profile but based on my profile I don't think your GMAT would stop you from being able to build a competitive application. Also if I remember correctly the median GMAT at Duke is 698 (or right around there) so you are above the median.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Hi,

Request the experts to evaluate the profile for Fuqua R2, 2019 intake.

Nationality: Indian
Undergrad: B.Tech Metallurgical Engineering
University: College of Engineering, Pune(GPA 7.55/10) - a top 20 college in India
GMAT: 720(Q50 V38)
Work experience: 39 months, Morgan Advanced Materials
6 months - Key Account Manager responsible for capital goods sales in India and Middle East Asia and manage the lead management and product development dashboard for Asia
18 months - Applications Engineer, Marketing(India and Middle East Asia) to conduct product trials and derive value proposition for 4 product segments in India and Middle East Asia.
12 months - Applications Engineer, India. Host exhibition booths for the organisation at trade fairs all over the country. Shortlist customers for product trials and generate sales worth 1 million USD. Selected for the Global Graduate Leadership Program of the organisation.

Extra curriculars:
1) Volunteer at an English and Math teaching NGO called Pune Learns for 18 months
2) Bronze Medallist at an all Asian Club Rowing championship(Mem's Coxless Fours)
3) Silver Medallist at an all India National Dragon Boat Racing championship
4) Group Guiness World Record holder for the most people solving the Rubik's cube simultaneously.

Short term goal:Join a consulting company to develop insight about various industries and hone my customer centricity.

Long term goal: Establish a school in India for the underprivileged.

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72864 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an archived 'Evaluate my Profile' thread. No new replies are possible.
Interested in current discussions? Please visit the active 'Evaluate my Profile' topic.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts