GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Sep 2018, 01:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT Ninja Wednesdays, LIVE on YouTube! Series 2 starts Feb. 14

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
B
Re: GMAT Ninja Wednesdays, LIVE on YouTube! Series 2 starts Feb. 14  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2018, 04:35
Thanks adkikani I found session PPT and error log link too. Thanks for taking out your time :-) .

Ujjwal
Sharing is Gaining!

Study Buddy Forum Moderator
D
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Ninja Wednesdays, LIVE on YouTube! Series 2 starts Feb. 14  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2018, 04:55
ujjwal80

Happy to help. You may find a better version here
Do leave your feedback if you find it useful.

It's the journey that brings us happiness not the destination.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2018, 07:46
Need Experts' advise GMATNinja Sir,

or any body who can help!!

Please reply as soon as possible.

I gave Gmatprep test no. 2 today (18th Feb, 2018) and score was 510(V:21 & Q: 39) the low verbal score was because I got the "last ten questions wrong", As I had to rush through at the end of the verbal section.
In Gmatprep test 1(taken on 12th Feb, 2018) my score was 580 (V:28 & Q 42) (I got 3-4 repeat questions in each section quant and verbal)
My exam is scheduled on 7th march, 2018, I want to score at least above 600.
Please suggest will it be possible??
Need help how to dedicate my last 15 days.
I have 2 Gmatprep test left from the Exam pack 1 that I have not taken yet.

Thank you in advance.
Manager
Manager
P
Concentration: Leadership, Accounting
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2018, 11:12
Those that get to take advantage of these resources provided by GMATNinja don't understand how lucky they are. I wish GMATNinja was around when I started studying for verbal. His posts and insights are incredible. No course or instructor out there comes close to this man's brilliance. I was only fortunate enough to attend few of his sessions at the tail end of my prep but those sessions and his articles changed the way I approached gmat and took my score to another level.

Winners dont make excuses.

350--> 700

https://gmatclub.com/forum/700-q47-v39-ir-7-awa-246682.html

VP
VP
V
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2018, 11:06
Just now finished recording for session 2 . Incredible session GMATNinja Sir.

Turning those crucial pages which no body bother to look. This is actually the reason many times people end up having bad score.

Thanks!
Do give some kudos.

Simple strategy:
“Once you’ve eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”

Best Gmat Resource:
GmatPrep CR|GmatPrep SC|GmatPrep RC

Want to improve your Score:
GMAT Ninja YouTube! Series 1| GMAT Ninja YouTube! Series 2

My Notes:
Reading comprehension

D
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2018, 04:02
GMATNinja

Could you kindly address the issue of timing vs managing accuracy while practicing mocks?
I could not help with:
a. Getting the same question correct without clock running.
b. Overemphasizing and spending 4+ mins on few odd Qs in first 10.

Would be grateful if this one goes beneath your signature panel too,
if difficult to cover under these sessions.

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ESSEC '22
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V34
GPA: 3
WE: Editorial and Writing (Entertainment and Sports)

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2018, 05:33
GMATNinja - I really love your webinar series. Have been following them for the past few days and have really found them very insightful. After watching the video on how to become your own tutor, I had a question for you. I started my gmat preparation about two months ago. I took a cold Gmat prep exam before I started to see where I stand and scored a 520. I am hoping to get a 700+. How much time on average will a person have to spend to achieve that score? Please note that I am already two months into my preparation.
Current Student
V
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2018, 10:35
D
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2018, 09:32
GMATNinja souvik101990

Thank you for taking my long pending request here to execution phase :-)

My favorite part of last video was to see you animated particularly while explaining those tricky
EXCEPT questions. I have lost count on times that I have banged my head in spite of spending 3+ mins
on them and still getting them incorrect.

Your RC strategies were super useful to bring back love for reading and scaring those demons of
disinterest
away. Lovely advancement from simple general tips you shared here (missing the fun we had because
of better interaction and larger audience) to these amazing webinars.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2018, 23:16
GMATNinja

Thank you very much for these YouTube sessions. I always enjoyed the way you explain the solution to a problem which has helped me a long way. Your posts and solutions in GMATClub are integral part of my verbal prep.

Please give kudos if it helps

Resources
Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread | ALL YOU NEED FOR QUANT ! ! ! | SC Blogs by Magoosh | How to improve your verbal score | Things i wish i could've done earlier | Ultimate Q51 Guide

GMAT Club Verbal Expert
P
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 15:09
Just a friendly reminder: we'll be back this week at 9:30 a.m. Pacific time for a live video on getting your priorities right on SC. But for most of the world, that's actually an hour EARLIER than it was last week. Our clocks just jumped ahead an hour here in the U.S., so 9:30 a.m. Pacific = 4:30 p.m. GMT = 10:00 p.m. IST.

See you all then, and I promise to bring enough cough drops and tea and honey and lemon to prevent the voice-pocalypse that happened last Wednesday. ;)

GMAT Club Verbal Expert | GMAT/GRE tutor @ www.gmatninja.com (Now hiring!) | GMAT blog | Food blog | Notoriously bad at PMs

Beginners' guides to GMAT verbal
Reading Comprehension | Critical Reasoning | Sentence Correction

YouTube LIVE verbal webinars
Series 1: Fundamentals of SC & CR | Series 2: Developing a Winning GMAT Mindset

SC & CR Questions of the Day (QOTDs), featuring expert explanations
All QOTDs | Subscribe via email | RSS

Need an expert reply?
Hit the request verbal experts' reply button -- and please be specific about your question. Feel free to tag @GMATNinja and @GMATNinjaTwo in your post. Priority is always given to official GMAT questions.

Sentence Correction articles & resources
How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, and other articles & resources
All GMAT Ninja articles on GMAT Club | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC |7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99 | Time management on verbal

Current Student
V

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 08:25
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V27
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V34
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2018, 04:59
Very helpful series this. Keep up the great work helping all solo, self-study GMAT players ;)
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
P

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2018, 16:31
adkikani wrote:
GMATNinja

Could you kindly address the issue of timing vs managing accuracy while practicing mocks?
I could not help with:
a. Getting the same question correct without clock running.
b. Overemphasizing and spending 4+ mins on few odd Qs in first 10.

Would be grateful if this one goes beneath your signature panel too,
if difficult to cover under these sessions.

Sorry for the slow response to this, adkikani! I've been meaning to write a full post about timing strategies for the GMAT, but life has been crazy. So for now, this will have to do: https://gmatclub.com/forum/strategy-of- ... l#p1836314. It at least covers the main highlights, some of which I've also mentioned -- albeit briefly -- in the videos and in our old-fashioned chat room sessions back in the day. :-)

I hope this helps!

GMAT Club Verbal Expert | GMAT/GRE tutor @ www.gmatninja.com (Now hiring!) | GMAT blog | Food blog | Notoriously bad at PMs

Need an expert reply?
Hit the request verbal experts' reply button -- and please be specific about your question. Feel free to tag @GMATNinja and @GMATNinjaTwo in your post. Priority is always given to official GMAT questions.

How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

All GMAT Ninja articles on GMAT Club | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC |7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99 | Time management on verbal

GMAT Club Verbal Expert
P

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2018, 16:47
For anybody who missed the live videos: links to the first six videos are all available at the top of the thread now. I only lose my voice in two of the videos. :oops:

See you all on Wednesday at 9:30 Pacific for the next-to-last video in the series!

Need an expert reply?

Current Student
V

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 08:42
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
P

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2018, 14:16
I'm embarrassed that I didn't do this sooner, but I just updated the original post with links to all 8 videos in this series.

Huge thanks to everybody who participated, offered feedback and ideas, or just enjoyed the videos! And please stay tuned -- the next video series will be announced soon!

Need an expert reply?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2018, 23:09
Can we please have a video/webinar for just RC on how to tackle the types of RC passages? Your videos are awesome, thank you so much!
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
P

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2018, 14:31
Thank you for the kind words, urvashis09! This one is billed as covering common errors on RC & CR, but I go through an entire RC passage in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw_5NUl7uus. It's not the most exciting thing you'll ever watch, but it gives you the honest essence of how we recommend tackling RC passages in general.

I hope this helps, and have fun studying!

Need an expert reply?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2018, 22:32
GMATNinja wrote:
Thank you for the kind words, urvashis09! This one is billed as covering common errors on RC & CR, but I go through an entire RC passage in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw_5NUl7uus. It's not the most exciting thing you'll ever watch, but it gives you the honest essence of how we recommend tackling RC passages in general.

I hope this helps, and have fun studying!

I have been through this one already, incorporated the strategies discussed and have experienced great improvement in my RC skills! Thank you for this one, it really made me look forward to more RC related info session from you, if you ever plan to do so.
Re: GMAT Ninja Wednesdays, LIVE on YouTube! Series 2 starts Feb. 14 &nbs [#permalink] 11 May 2018, 22:32

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 43 posts ] 

GMAT Ninja Wednesdays, LIVE on YouTube! Series 2 starts Feb. 14

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap